New Maps Please

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

Reply to points please:
1) WVW needs maps.
2) Maps should incorporate a changing environment matching the work done for PVE maps… the DBL, EBG, and BL maps are near 3-5 years old!
3) These new maps should be smaller than the giant DBL and the repetitive BL maps.
4) The new maps can facilitate 20v20v20 for GVGVG action; 30v30v30 for servers, and even 40v40v40 for those that think zerging is actually fun (pro tip: no one thinks this).
5) These new maps should also “be only playable” when a number of players sign up for the map and close when one team just ups and quits. holding a keep 24/7 for a week is not fun at all… there is no reward for doing this other than moving up or down a tier.
6) WvW is fun again but the balance of 70 v 50 v 10 still exists. See item 5 as a possible point to address this.

A FINAL Word: Anet said a year ago that zerging and blobbing was not their intention… that can be addressed with introducing 1) new smaller maps, 2) have maps that require a sign up to open and close the map when the population leaves, and 3) heeding suggestions above and comments below.

ALIBI: The new maps would open close cycle similar to eotm, only with a percentage per team trigger (example: map is 40v40v40 with capture objective and hold it or it becomes neutral. Each team must fill at least 50% queue to open it, map will close if any team has less than 33% active players – in other words, 20 sign up on each team – it opens – later team 1 has 40 people, team 2 35 and team three has been losing and rage quits leaving only 12 active on the map… map warning flashes across screen letting people know that team 3 has left the map and the map will close in 5 min – it will reopen if suddenly in that 5 minutes 28 more suddenly join it to bring the 50% rule up)

~ Warpïg

(edited by Caius.8094)

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Huh? Huh? If a map forcibly breaks up Zerg, its just gonna be like dbl where no one wants to play on it

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

New Maps Please

in WvW

Caius.8094

what point are you addressing that does not support new maps?

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Smaller maps means bigger ques and longer waiting periods. When people get home they already have to deal with a 100 man que. This would just make it worse it would also cause issues with squads way pointing to maps if they leave a bigger map and move to a smaller one to help defend a lot of the group may be stuck on the old bl. Theese two reasons will cause more people to not want to play and help further drive the nail in wvws coffin. Also if the maps close if one team up and quits would not be fun especially if you have a hot headed commander that rage quits. That would cause the other people to have to resign up for a map and wait for others to sign up again. This would also be a huge waiting game.
When we changed to the new dessert bls it was a nightmare because they were not properly tested out. It took over a year for the kinks to be worked out and we still have some troubles today. I would rather that we do not get a new bl because it would restart that entire cycle all over again. I also learned the day the new bls released a lot of people hated change and it caused a lot of people to up and quit and never return. WvW is already dying to the point many servers have to merge just to make one regular server. As I see it we cant afford to run of the last few of our player base. All of theese changes would run people off.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Since you only seem to want point by point reply rather than a discussion:

1) No.
2) No-
3) No.
4) That’s current WvW.
5) One side holding an entire matchup hostage under the threat of stopping to play? Cool.
6) This point is pointless.

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Also why is there two of the same threads XD

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

No. We do not need more maps. Unless of course it is an underwater map!

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: Milea.6043

Milea.6043

No. We do not need more maps. Unless of course it is an underwater map!

Want Underwater Map!! Would be amazing!
~Milly

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

New Maps Please

in WvW

Caius.8094

Since you only seem to want point by point reply rather than a discussion:

1) No.
2) No-
3) No.
4) That’s current WvW.
5) One side holding an entire matchup hostage under the threat of stopping to play? Cool.
6) This point is pointless.

you didn’t even say why you said no. You’re just trolling.

New Maps Please

in WvW

Caius.8094

Smaller maps means bigger ques and longer waiting periods. When people get home they already have to deal with a 100 man que. This would just make it worse it would also cause issues with squads way pointing to maps if they leave a bigger map and move to a smaller one to help defend a lot of the group may be stuck on the old bl. Theese two reasons will cause more people to not want to play and help further drive the nail in wvws coffin. Also if the maps close if one team up and quits would not be fun especially if you have a hot headed commander that rage quits. That would cause the other people to have to resign up for a map and wait for others to sign up again. This would also be a huge waiting game.
When we changed to the new dessert bls it was a nightmare because they were not properly tested out. It took over a year for the kinks to be worked out and we still have some troubles today. I would rather that we do not get a new bl because it would restart that entire cycle all over again. I also learned the day the new bls released a lot of people hated change and it caused a lot of people to up and quit and never return. WvW is already dying to the point many servers have to merge just to make one regular server. As I see it we cant afford to run of the last few of our player base. All of theese changes would run people off.

Read alibi in original post, i didn’t make myself clear and assumed people knew what a trigger open/close was.

New Maps Please

in WvW

Caius.8094

ALIBI: Think EOTM; maps open and close based on a trigger… there is never a wait time.

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

People actually DO like large scale combat. 20v20 isn’t going to be fun in LR fights. Fights were far more fun when LR fights took hours and we had war banners. Also fights were more fun before boon share and condi spam.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Please NO new WvWvW maps. They end up as horrible as Edge of the Mists or Desert borderland. Instead: give us the ORIGINAL maps back.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

ALIBI: Think EOTM; maps open and close based on a trigger… there is never a wait time.

Then why should I dedicate my time on any objectives on a temporary map? It’ll just be a even stronger karma train fest then dbl already is, just like eotm

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I disagree with a lot of your points.

• Smaller maps/requirement # people to play might not work in certain timezones
  • Zerging is fun for some players, especially those who love blob fights
  • Map closing prompt is never a welcome notification for a team that wishes to stay in that particular map

The only point I relatively agree with is that WvW would be nice to have a new map/reskin.. but not like DBL frustration again. A map that actually has strategic objectives.

New Maps Please

in WvW

Posted by: Kajum.7531

Kajum.7531

In my opinion your aim is to make GvG maps. (I hate these GvG’s and they are no part of WvW for me)
Anet didn’t want large scale/zerging but i doubt, that they want Guilds doing ego stuff on maps.
There are also people who enjoy large scale, I like to fight sometimes in 40vs40 etc. It’s kind of fun for me.
I may be wrong but DBL is not 3-5 years old, it’s far younger. 1-2 years old.

WvW needs to grant access to many players. For this you need big maps. I don’t understand what your intention is… It sounds like a complete new game mode and not like a rework of WvW