New Scoring system

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: Estehim.9086

Estehim.9086

A scoring where System where for example (These numbers might not be balanced.)
a camp gives 1points per tick,
a Tower give 2 Points per tick,
a Keep give 5 Points per tick
Stonemist Castle gives 10 Points per tick.
But a tick only happens when your Team kills an enemy Player.
That way prime time would automatically award more Points, but every kill done during offtime is still worth the same amount of Points, so it wouldn’t discriminate against Players playing during off hours.
Also Roamers can meaningfully distribute to the score now, without having to capture anything, while capturing would stil be meaningful to increase the Points your Team gets per kill.

Edit: What I propose is to remove the Points per tick from Holding structures and purely Award Points per kill, where the Points you get per kill increase with each structure your Team holds.

Any thoughts?

(edited by Estehim.9086)

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You want ticks per kill?

o
m
g
t
h
e
l
a
g

Did you even look up how many kills happen per hour in a typical match?
End score would be in the millions.

The easier way of doing this is to just add more points per kill, no need to add the tick, think that would just make the hamsters in the anet servers explode.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think op is saying that there would be no tick unless someone was killed since the last tick. Its a way to combat PvD and “capping while there are no opponents”.

The only thing is I’m not sure how much time goes by without anyone getting killed. Does that happen? Even during “off hours”?

New Scoring system

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I think op is saying that there would be no tick unless someone was killed since the last tick. Its a way to combat PvD and “capping while there are no opponents”.

The only thing is I’m not sure how much time goes by without anyone getting killed. Does that happen? Even during “off hours”?

Yeah and in prime time zerg vs zerg, how many do you think would get killed in even an hour? probably more ticks in that hour alone than a full regular match at 5min ticks.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah and in prime time zerg vs zerg, how many do you think would get killed in even an hour? probably more ticks in that hour alone than a full regular match at 5min ticks.

But I don’t think op is saying a tick will happen for every kill, so no need to calculate that. All they’re saying is that if no one is killed, you don’t get the tick.

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Everyone will just hide on wall afraid to give the enemy team a tick. My server would suffer because I give no kittens about score and dive in fights that I’m likely not going to win.

No, bad change…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

New Scoring system

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

But I don’t think op is saying a tick will happen for every kill, so no need to calculate that. All they’re saying is that if no one is killed, you don’t get the tick.

A scoring where System where for example (These numbers might not be balanced.)

a camp gives 1points per tick,
a Tower give 2 Points per tick,
a Keep give 5 Points per tick
Stonemist Castle gives 10 Points per tick.

But a tick only happens when your Team kills an enemy Player.

Obviously less ticks in the off hours because less kills, but there’s more than enough ticks happening during prime time NA.

There’s already points per kill in the game, and points per capture were just added as well. All they need to do now is turn off points per tick (but obviously keep it running for reward track ticks). Running up the score problem solved, then with time slice the skirmish hours will be a scoring competition between the 3 sides contained to every hour.

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: Alora Arrowstorm.1268

Alora Arrowstorm.1268

There is always someone on so that is unlikely to really help to say if 1 person gets killed. But I do think you could weight the points based upon the size of each server during that time period so if 1 server has a map queue, another server has a small contingent and one server has few that the points are assigned accordingly so it makes it less beneficial to just pvd with a huge mass. Same could be done with fights. Say one group has 20 people and the other has a queue the kills made by the group of 20 should be worth more than the kills by the map queue.

New Scoring system

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Say one group has 20 people and the other has a queue the kills made by the group of 20 should be worth more than the kills by the map queue.

That’s where the outmanned buff “should” play a better role.

New Scoring system

in WvW

Alora Arrowstorm.1268

I agree outmanned should play a better role but I would suggest that it is even more than that. I suggest that it even be in fights some sort of outmanned in the proximity. Perhaps that would help provide some incentive to not just blob fight all the time. Instead everyone just blames the other servers for being the reason they blob

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The score is a measure of dominance in a particular category. Changing the score will have zero effect on the meta or actual enjoyment for most players of this game.

As we say around our office, stop counting widgets instead value production. This means the metrics (score) is relatively meaningless compared to the performance (in this case enjoyment) of a system. They need to fix the fun factor not the score.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

New Scoring system

in WvW

Alora Arrowstorm.1268

How would you suggest fixing the fun factor in this case? For me the incentive towards blobbing on multiple fronts removes from that fun factor as you call it.

New Scoring system

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

think that would just make the hamsters in the anet servers explode.

Every time you kill a player in WvW, it kills an ANet server hamster. Please think of the hamsters!

The score is a measure of dominance in a particular category. Changing the score will have zero effect on the meta or actual enjoyment for most players of this game.

As we say around our office, stop counting widgets instead value production. This means the metrics (score) is relatively meaningless compared to the performance (in this case enjoyment) of a system. They need to fix the fun factor not the score.

Outside of breaking ANet’s iron grip on “You must be happy to see more players! Never hate other players!” mentality, the only other way I see to retain this is to remove the concept of “fair”, which would require large changes in map design, or other strong handicap systems.

Any thoughts ? This has been one of the hardest topics to find solutions to for the entire WvW lifetime.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”