New WXP booster is a(nother) slap in the face

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.7516

Archon.7516

Lasts 15 minutes. All other boosters at LEAST 30. Thanks! We sure do love our Second-Class status!

Vexzen Archonis – Lost [BP] 80 D/D Theif

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I am sure the "gvg"ers are happy with it lol.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Uh. You mean the free booster? The one you get for wxp levels 1-2-3 as well? Or do you mean the one from the gem store.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

did you get thrown under the bus too

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

The ones from the gemshop last one hour and the one for 15 min was free.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

The free booster they are giving us seems to be coupled with the livestream event and probably a few more things and its aimed at getting people on the fence about wvw, joining wvw.

I can hardly complain.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is a mini booster so the duration makes sense. Being bound to the first character you log into for the day doesn’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Amasius.9014

Amasius.9014

I think it is meant for use with the liquid wxp-bottles, so that you can get alts some wvw-ranks.

Pishy – Warrior
[FeaR] The First Impact – Riverside

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

“Enjoy this free World vs. World XP Booster with our compliments, as you take part in warfare on an epic scale! To access WvW, press ‘B’, then select which world you wish to enter…”

Anet solution to attract people to WvW is by introducing WvW booster. Made my day.

Habib used to say WvW is a mini game for Anet. I guess he’s right, there’s no point to ask for more on WvW, it’ll stay stale and boring. Lets just treat it as a place to waste time while waiting for ESO/Wildstar.

in WvW

Posted by: dimachaerus.4962

dimachaerus.4962

How do you guys want the devs to take us serious if you’re gonna post this bs. It is free kittenmit be happy you get something.FREE

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

The free one is 15 minutes. The purchased version is 1 hour, just like all the rest. This is a way of getting people who are logging in during the free trial to check out WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Oh, you’re stopping your sub?

You must have spent too long in WoW to not see that people can use a gem shop to show support for a game company.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

The free one is 15 minutes. The purchased version is 1 hour, just like all the rest. This is a way of getting people who are logging in during the free trial to check out WvW.

why do you think its a good idea to have them enter wvw as uplevels who don’t know the game they will get stomped by anyone they fight 1 on 1 and in a zerg they will be at the edges and die quickly to aoe it hardly seems like a good experience to die everytime you fight

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Soon as I read this mail, I laughed by kitt off then attempted to just delete it

but it wouldn’t let me

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

That’s fair enough.

Are the payed versions supposed to be soulbound rather than account bound? The other boosters are account bound. I purchased 15 WXP boosters as soon as they were available. My intention was for it to help me level my guild class (Hammer warrior). But they were immediately soulbound to my thief who I happened to be logged on to at the time.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

That’s fair enough.

Are the payed versions supposed to be soulbound rather than account bound? The other boosters are account bound. I purchased 15 WXP boosters as soon as they were available. My intention was for it to help me level my guild class (Hammer warrior). But they were immediately soulbound to my thief who I happened to be logged on to at the time.

The paid versions are indeed supposed to be account bound and we are rectifying that in the build on 9/3.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Out of curiosity, can you get the WxP boosters from BL chests/rankup chests?

Also if Devon wants to have a poke at talking about something that’s coming down the line but fair enough if you can’t say; we know that at some point Magic Find is going to be removed and turned into some kind of permanent account unlock consumable… Thing. Is this going to just be Magic Find, or are you going to be able to increase XP/Karma/etc? If yes, WXP too?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Also if Devon wants to have a poke at talking about something that’s coming down the line but fair enough if you can’t say; we know that at some point Magic Find is going to be removed and turned into some kind of permanent account unlock consumable… Thing. Is this going to just be Magic Find, or are you going to be able to increase XP/Karma/etc? If yes, WXP too?

The 15 minutes WxP booster drops in each rank up chest from ranks 2-5. That is why it is intended to be soulbound. It does mean that each new character in WvW will earn an hour of WxP boost by the time they reach rank 6. We don’t currently have any plans to move WXP boosts to an account level of that sort. We have been discussing further improvements to the system that would help with alts, but those are only at the discussion phase.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Cool, good to hear.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

You should be happy it even exists. I consider the boost to be a slap in the face to everybody that earned nice WxP ranks the hard way.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

it’s a slap under the bus

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

The 15 minutes WxP booster drops in each rank up chest from ranks 2-5. That is why it is intended to be soulbound. It does mean that each new character in WvW will earn an hour of WxP boost by the time they reach rank 6. We don’t currently have any plans to move WXP boosts to an account level of that sort. We have been discussing further improvements to the system that would help with alts, but those are only at the discussion phase.

personally, i really like the idea and motivation behind that change to ranks 2-5. i really like that you provide a hook for new players, thakittens split up so we can try to optimize the use of the reward.

but you didnt explain that to us. you just changed it and said you added boosters to rank up chests, you gave us no context, no reasoning, no explanation, no details.

its a good change, but we dont realize it cuz you didnt communicate it. and those of us who dont play alts because of how much more useful our main is will never realize this good change even exists because our main certainly isnt rank 2-5. those of us who do play alts get little mileage out of it because we already have 4+ characters at rank 20+, not rank 2-5.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Devon is so cool, how could anyone not like him?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Soulbound. Ok. But what’s really annoying me, is that this was a mail exclusive for the first char that logged in and not to the account. That this was my PvE-only-chars (wvw rank 0) means this is just an item for the trash.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

WXP is a great feature PvP. I give a Facebook thumb.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

How about this… since there won’t be account wide WXP… let us turn in our points for an item that contains WXP jugs + loot.

This will wind up working just like how karma could be turned in for the jewelry boxes in Orr. We can spend our points and get loot + allow us to reset our points (with a fee) or transfer it to another character (again… with a fee).

This would help the players as well as help fund the game (if you keep the booster as it is now to where it works with the WXP jugs people will buy them to reduce the WXP fee).

Another alternative would be to allow the players to spend their badges on the same type of item (might be easier from a technical pov).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Kurppa.9473

Kurppa.9473

Yeap, another slap in face for www focused players… Now all pve players can farm gold to buy gems to get wxp boosters to get ridiculously fast wxp to get all the masteries (especially guard leech and applied fortitude).

I think all our alts should have this +50% booster active at all times till they get to same rank that you highest character is at. My main is +400r already and even with the increased wxp rates and liquid wxp bottles, i still dont feel like playing any other class in www.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

I think all our alts should have this +50% booster active at all times till they get to same rank that you highest character is at. My main is +400r already and even with the increased wxp rates and liquid wxp bottles, i still dont feel like playing any other class in www.

I was actually thinking this would be a good idea; if I recall correctly, WoW has a similar system with its reputations as of not long ago.

Could even make it a ranked ability. +20/40/60/80/100% for 2/6/12/20/30 points.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

Does the liquid WXP work with the 100% rank gain boost from the birthday booster?

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in WvW

Posted by: Lilliyaneha.2670

Lilliyaneha.2670

The 15 minutes WxP booster drops in each rank up chest from ranks 2-5. That is why it is intended to be soulbound.

so far okay with me… but what about the booster we had been sent via ingame mail? It says “soulbound on acquire”, but it isn’t in the account mailbox, but on the char’s inbox that was first online when the mail went out / after the mail was sent. So there’s no way to get this booster on the char it belongs to ;o(

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Aww I read the title of this and thought this was the impending “ANET screwed me out of all my hard work by putting ‘bought WvW Ranks’ in the gemshop” thread.

I know that is the first thing I had a laugh about when I saw the item, all those people that furiously grinded pointless WvW levels for a “title”. Now people can just buy those levels while zerging.

Mag Server Leader