New WvW Flanking Tactics

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

I find it odd that someone wouldn’t be able to tab and find you… I rarely am able to hide unless I can break line-of-sight and they can’t target me. Would be interested to know how you avoid detection by means other than just someone “seeing” you on their screen.

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I have a couple friends that did this. Yes, they can be targetted, but for some reason the potions make culling worse. The game basically says there is no threat so no reason to tell the poor unsuspecting enemy player…until they are toast.

Culling > a lot

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: ItsChauTime.7513

ItsChauTime.7513

You’ll be surprised how many people don’t see you :P and another thing i like to do is getting a bunch of ruminant tonics and turn into rams on the hills. Surprisingly enough again, people don’t think to look at rams. Turning into other animals work as well such as hyleks in the hylek camp

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

I keep names on at all times… I don’t see how this could fool someone who does unless you just weren’t rendered (lol culling).

Tier 1 Casual

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

ItsChauTime.7513

Well sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, a lot of time, we try to lie down so were almost completely hidden in the brush. But in all honesty, disguising yourself as an animal works better

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: JunwooChoi.3690

JunwooChoi.3690

What tonics do you use, and where can you get them?

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Do most people disable the server color thing on enemy equipment? I never bothered, so all the enemies I see are dressed in red, blue etc. Hard to blend into the landscape as the red server against me unless you’re pretending to be a raspberry bush.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

ItsChauTime.7513

Do most people disable the server color thing on enemy equipment? I never bothered, so all the enemies I see are dressed in red, blue etc. Hard to blend into the landscape as the red server against me unless you’re pretending to be a raspberry bush.

haha thats a good idea actually though hiding in a raspberry bush. But like i said before, we found that the tonics actually worked pretty well, if you skip ahead in the video i posted you can see some examples

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Dat 2222222222…. Baddie.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

ItsChauTime.7513

Dat 2222222222…. Baddie.

haha, yea when a guys low, spam 2…

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

ItsChauTime.7513

What tonics do you use, and where can you get them?

I mainly use ruminant tonics but also get the hylek tonics from an npc. You can also make tonics in the mystic forge but find it is a hassle because you tend to need a lot of materials.

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

I keep names on at all times… I don’t see how this could fool someone who does unless you just weren’t rendered (lol culling).

…people have names off in WvW? Aside from those kitten thieves, it’s hellishly useful to have a big red “I’m not friendly!” title over that person that just poofed into existence thanks to culling.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

New WvW Flanking Tactics

in WvW

ItsChauTime.7513

…people have names off in WvW? Aside from those kitten thieves, it’s hellishly useful to have a big red “I’m not friendly!” title over that person that just poofed into existence thanks to culling.

hey you have a point but try using tonics, they work strangely well