New WvW Tier Rotation Idea

in WvW

Posted by: MidnightCorutin.7084

MidnightCorutin.7084

Currently the way rotation works is the server with the most points wins. But there are some Tiers: ET, for instance, which are stuck bottom due to being barely populated. A way i’ve thought of fixing this issue, if this hasn’t been thought of before, is to make a guild point system which moves guilds up into tiers based of off their world exp made. This can help eliminate the issue of complaints.

This can also cause problems with server mix ups. I haven’t thought of a way that would keep everything balanced without forcefully moving the guild to another server. Ofcourse you’d have to be representing the guild that you want to move up into the server for atleast 4-5 days.

Thoughts. I also don’t want any complaining or any bs happening. This is a friendly forum MEOW

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

WXP is not the best measurement for performance because it is influenced by how volatile towers and keeps are in the respective tier and by how many hours somebody plays.
It’s only good for a kind of personal progression & utilities that give you a very small advantage if you have them.

The current ranking system isn’t bad, they just need something that would bridge the gaps between tiers making it possible to actually move up.

I believe their new change they plan to be too volatile. I understand that points that kept moving up need to go back down the ladder, but if the top bleeds too many points too fast, it will, already as of 2nd or 3rd week, potentially match a T1 server against a T4.

I just hope that matchups dont get boring because of this new system…