New WvW colors

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet,

What Jahn said below, especially the part about the commanders is killing my WvW enjoyment experience. And I think others are not having a good time of it either because it’s difficult to discern what is what when looking at the map.

For the LOVE of ALL THAT’S SACRED… tell us this color change is a PATCH GLITCH, just like when the one patch a couple months ago put blue dots on commanders which made them hard to see. You fixed that glitch, now please fix this – ASAP!

WvW is the only reason I log into GW2 these days.

Thank you!

3 things:

1. Why? It was fine the way it was, new colors are blinding.

2. At least be uniform about it, the altars are still dark blue, the score screen is still dark blue, the banners are still dark blue. I mean why implement a change like this if you’re going to just half kitten it.

3. It’s the same color as the commander tags, they are kitten near impossible to see in any blue structure now.

Moonlight [THRU]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Oh wow. I tried to dig my eyes out from my socket.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Nuri Wurm.2496

Nuri Wurm.2496

Yeah put them back to the old colors. These are too bright. Someone has too much time on their hands; give them another project.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

wvw colors back to normal please!

i have never +1’ed a post on the forums in the entire year i’ve been here.

until now.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Showing my support to have colors revert back. Wheel wasn’t broken.

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Korval.2197

Korval.2197

The new colors are indeed much too bright and do not fit the rest of the WvW art style at all. The colors should be changed back to the old ones. If the goal here was to help colorblind people then add an option in the game preferences that allows players to chose between the muted color style and the “screaming” color style.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Soooo much QQ over colours… Grow up, they don’t hurt your eyes at all, I don’t see you cry any time a battle happens and a million bright colours flash all over the screen vibrantly.

The colours are fine, I like them personally so who are you to say that the community dislikes them.

I will learn to live with the new colors just like I learned to live with all of the other broken/half fixed stuff in this game. If you read through this thread your opinion is the exception not the rule.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I think this is ANet’s way of averaging things out. Give us something we never thought of before we ever asked for it to compensate for stuff we asked for almost a year ago and still don’t have. It halves the average adjustment time … a major improvement. Somebody at NCSoft just saw the trend chart on a PowerPoint slide and gave somebody at ANet a bonus for it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

Can Anet undo color?

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Only because it’s common knowledge that people will complain if things are bad but generally not speak up if things are fine.

People go to a restaurant and have a good meal and a good time, how often do they go find a forum or Internet site to go tell the world of your good time? Not as much as the people who have a terrible time and poor service and then vent and tell the world about it.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I’m guessing so they can claim they did work on WvW.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmic.6047

Cosmic.6047

One thing is for sure, with the old colors there was a clear difference between blue and green. Now they almost look the same.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

I’m guessing so they can claim they did work on WvW.

LOL i had to make this meme

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Would be great if we were given a choice in color setting. Give us a checkbox or something that will switch colors when the client is restarted or whatever. Helping out color blind people is nice but don’t kitten other people eyes in the process. Give me a choice.

Whispers with meat.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

My only real complaint about the color is that the zomgBLUE is now the same blue as the Commander pin, which makes seeing your other commanders at a glance problematic. In stressful/laggy situations (3-way keep fights, anyone?), this will give blue a disadvantage.

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

The new blue is annoying as heck on the eye,the red is like an angry spot that needs squeezing.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

This new color looks out of contest, especially on the perspective of original design and used palette. You can do much better than this, pick a new one or give option to switch please :p

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m not sure why they changed the color either. I heard someone say something in map chat about to make it better for color blind people.
What I’d like to know, is why was it omitted from the patch notes? I don’t necessarily mind the new colors (they’re kinda too bright now, at least when looking at EB and all three colors are up).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

IMO the colors are a little easier to see than they used to be.

The only thing I need eyebleach for is the fact that Dragonbrand sucks kitten in Eternal in that map on page 1.

Little red Lioka

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Wididyth.3847

Wididyth.3847

Let’s consider the advantages ! Thanks to this new colour, now I can sunbathe while I play.

Dexterité [DEX] : : : Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Engi / War lv80.
“I found myself noob until I met someone who moves his character with his mice.”

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

So this is the long awaited WvWvW update Arena Net has been working on for months?
claps sarcastically

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Red is bad, green is worse and Blue is totally kittened up.

Only way I can play now is make the minimap as small as you can and then put something in front off the lower right corner on the monitor and if you die logoff and in so you don’t have to open the big map, the problem is its were hard to see were the battle is and so.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

We are blue this week and I have no problem losing the entire map just so I don’t have to look at that color on the map.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

So this is the long awaited WvWvW update Arena Net has been working on for months?
claps sarcastically

Hey , atleast they worked on addressing the most important quick fix issue, no not the group kick thingy as we all hoped, but the colorblind issue. :P

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I think the vast majority of players seem to like the new colors. This couple pages of QQ seems pretty atypical compared to opinions I’ve seen in the game.

Also, the change was for colorblind players. Yeah, an option would have been better, but seriously….is our community really that selfish? I’d rather have a color that doesn’t look “as good” to me, but allows colorblind players a better (playable) experience.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

8% of males and .5% of females are red-green deficient
.03% of males and .001% of females are blue deficient
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness)

I am red-green color blind and used to have trouble distinguishing the red from green on the maps, blue was not an issue. After the change, I can easily distinguish red and green on the map but still can’t tell which is which when looking at the score. As for the change to blue, it’s a bit more difficult to distinguish from green now than it was before the change. I would welcome resetting the blue back to the original purple but please leave the red and green change in place (now please add the new reg-green colors to the score sheet as well.)

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I think the vast majority of players seem to like the new colors. This couple pages of QQ seems pretty atypical compared to opinions I’ve seen in the game.

Also, the change was for colorblind players. Yeah, an option would have been better, but seriously….is our community really that selfish? I’d rather have a color that doesn’t look “as good” to me, but allows colorblind players a better (playable) experience.

Some people are complaining because the colors hurt their eyes, personally I could give a kitten if something is ugly, the game is jam packed with that already but I’d prefer to avoid eye strain. I think it’s selfish not to consider this. It’s infuriating that they change the colors so drastically and didn’t even provide a choice. They need to do something about that now.

Whispers with meat.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I understand some people don’t like the colours or find them painful. I also understand that there have been multiple “hey don’t you care about the colourblind people?!” threads on this forum and this addresses some of that. So whether I love the colours or not, I’m happy it helps people and I’d rather learn to deal with it than say some other people aren’t even allowed to play the game.

Thank you for working on your accessibility Arenanet. It is appreciated by many people.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

to be fair, having different shapes would be a far more complete solution to help color blind people than turning everything fabulous. square, circle, triangle. very distinct, no chance of anyone not being able to tell one from the other. no one needing to wear sunglasses to look at hte map without being in pain.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The blue team took over our (green) borderlands last night. It took me at least twice as long as usual to direct our forces because the blue is now so close to the green that it was hard to tell who owned which structures. We had 4 commanders on the map and the only one I could find most of the time was myself because the new blue is the same color as the commander icons, so I couldn’t tell if we were already attacking something without looking closely.

Please revert these colors or give us an option to use the former colors ASAP.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Glenn.3417

Glenn.3417

to be fair, having different shapes would be a far more complete solution to help color blind people than turning everything fabulous. square, circle, triangle. very distinct, no chance of anyone not being able to tell one from the other. no one needing to wear sunglasses to look at hte map without being in pain.

In one post you have made more sense than any of the wvw team did in months.
Anet employees take note and hire this guy.

Champion Phantom – Legionnaire – Genius – Magus

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Unless this was supposed to make it easier for color blind people or something, this was the most random change I could imagine.

I’m color-blind, hehe xD;; The only change I’m able to see is the blue.
On the upside, I like this blue better!

I dunno, I don’t really think this took them much time, so I seriously doubt this was meant to replace some kind of real update.

Hoopa doopa.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Just to be fair please turn the red color into a pink flashy one please ^^

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Just to be fair please turn the red color into a pink flashy one please ^^

While we’re at it, why don’t we just make the entire guild wars website greyscale. I’m sure if I complained loud enough that the red hurt my eyes, that would make it true, right?

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

It took them 6 months to implement this color change. You know how HARD it is to change colors?!?!! Phew, you out did yourself.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

It took them 6 months to implement this color change. You know how HARD it is to change colors?!?!! Phew, you out did yourself.

:)
20/08/13 major wvw update:
A bunch range of new colors has been introduced in order to increase the wvw game experience. Pink is also coming up soon^^. No longer soulbounded: Ecstasy can be sale on trading post now.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

I like the old colors better, these are to bright and harder to see on the map view.

Change it back.

Thx
Areoh

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Myro Pyro.1749

Myro Pyro.1749

These Colors are absolutely horrible. If there were to help the color blind people, why change colors on the icons? Change something else. The Blue blends in with the commander tag too much, just panning out by pressing M is just an eye sore now looking at all the maps. Turn down the brightness or something for these colors. Or just back to normal. Really bad change seriously.

Commander Master Myro
Level 80 Guardian
Stormbluff Isle- Leader of [Abys]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

These Colors are absolutely horrible. If there were to help the color blind people, why change colors on the icons? Change something else. The Blue blends in with the commander tag too much, just panning out by pressing M is just an eye sore now looking at all the maps. Turn down the brightness or something for these colors. Or just back to normal. Really bad change seriously.

They have a new commander trait:
on Map zoom out, 7% chance to cause an epileptic seizure

Seriously, in my opinion there is too many shades of blue, and the cyan doesn’t work well for the map. The tint doesn’t match the territory circle blue color either.

They went from purple to cyan… How about just plain blue?

The burnt orange instead of red is a bit strange as well, as if the monitor on which the red icons were made isn’t balanced for professional work.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.2647

Zenith.2647

dear god. please, for the love of anything…change the colors back. at the VERY least change the blue back so the commander icons don’t blend in.