New WvW content

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Any news I might have missed regarding new content on the way for World Versus World? New maps, new mechanics, new siege, even just new graphics? I have read articles about expansions, but the only new things I have seen coming from the non-pve side of things have been new maps and mechanics for PvP, which is good too!

Much appreciated!

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Oh no…this should be good.

Dtox

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

New WvW content

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

New WvW content

in WvW

Svarty.8019

You’re welcome.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

its probably coming out with expansion #2

New WvW content

in WvW

Svarty.8019

I think that got cancelled years ago.

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Anet has spent considerable time and resources creating a bunch of new maps that are leading the story to face off against Jormag and Primordius. You KNOW this setup is to sell more boxes of the next expansion: GW2 Of Fire and Ice or something.

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Anet has spent considerable time and resources creating a bunch of new maps that are leading the story to face off against Jormag and Primordius. You KNOW this setup is to sell more boxes of the next expansion: GW2 Of Fire and Ice or something.

Which is exactly why I think EB should be replaced with Tangled Depths.

I mean come on, its clearly the better map.

New WvW content

in WvW

Svarty.8019

That’s what people expect, but I’m not betting on it.

I know nothing. They’ve said nothing. Expect to get… NOTHING. Unless information to the contrary comes forth, I expect an eternity of small content patches until the game folds.

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I doubt they will invest a lot of resources into wvw after the feedback on the maps after HoT and they don’t have to. If they make a new class or new elite-stuff for the other classes this will affect wvw as well. I think they will make the same thing as last time and give players with the expansion a significant advantage over people that don’t have it (a thing I don’t like, but I understand that the expansion has to sell for this game to survive).

I think it is possible to get a new borderland to replace one of the alpine ones. With the DBL the home BLs are already different, so it really doesn’t matter if they try to replace one of the alpine ones as well from a balancing perspective.
It could actually be fun, for example if flying and flight combat would be one of the mechanics on the new map. Just imagine two zergs flying through air-minefields, clashing and raining killed players from the sky, heavily under fire by new siege from the ground that can hit flying targets. But it would require a lot of work and thick skin to even attempt to implement stuff like that.

New WvW content

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

I doubt they will invest a lot of resources into wvw after the feedback on the maps after HoT and they don’t have to. If they make a new class or new elite-stuff for the other classes this will affect wvw as well. I think they will make the same thing as last time and give players with the expansion a significant advantage over people that don’t have it (a thing I don’t like, but I understand that the expansion has to sell for this game to survive).

I think it is possible to get a new borderland to replace one of the alpine ones. With the DBL the home BLs are already different, so it really doesn’t matter if they try to replace one of the alpine ones as well from a balancing perspective.
It could actually be fun, for example if flying and flight combat would be one of the mechanics on the new map. Just imagine two zergs flying through air-minefields, clashing and raining killed players from the sky, heavily under fire by new siege from the ground that can hit flying targets. But it would require a lot of work and thick skin to even attempt to implement stuff like that.

That does sound cool! It would be cool if there were beta servers where you could test out new maps and mechanics. Yeah I definitely feel bad that the new HoT WvW map didnt work out, but I hope it doesnt discourage them from making new WvW maps like they are making new PvP maps. Even modifying existing ones would be nice!

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: SixVoltCar.5248

SixVoltCar.5248

Krait lake was removed to accomodate people who lacked the ability to grasp combat in zero gravity, EOTM taint spilled over into red BL, where it remains, festering and skewing matchup statistics, upgrades are automatic (the only positive change).

New WvW content

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Krait lake was removed to accomodate people who lacked the ability to grasp combat in zero gravity, EOTM taint spilled over into red BL, where it remains, festering and skewing matchup statistics, upgrades are automatic (the only positive change).

Underwater combat is a mess and a lot of extra work particularly since any balance is seen only in WvW. It was a massive waste of development resources for a checkbox very few cared about.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”