New WvW tournament?

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Will there ever be another WvW tournament? The last one was in 2014 which is quite a while ago.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Would be nice. But I doubt it.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

1. Past tournaments decreased PERMANENTLY the WvW populations after they ended.

2. But if the players REALLY, REALLY want another tournament, Anet will have another.

Do you still want another tournament?

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

1. Past tournaments decreased PERMANENTLY the WvW populations after they ended.

2. But if the players REALLY, REALLY want another tournament, Anet will have another.

Do you still want another tournament?

They would need to work on balance and other things first. But I really enjoyed the tournaments. But I am not holding my breath lol.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Perhaps we can collect tokens another way? I’d still like them to be rare but ‘not available at all’ seems rough.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

I do want some of the armor skins…

Would 10/10 stack a server for guaranteed wins again so the whole thing is decided before it starts.

Much fun, very compete.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Rather than a competition against some other server’s coverage, I’d rather compete against my own server. Give me a way to look at WvW statistics in game like number of Yaks slapped over the week or the average upgrade status of allied/enemy structures at each tick. Perhaps people killed and time allied keeps were held, too. Then, I could compete against that without feeling helpless to win a whole tournament against stacked servers.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Tournaments were too long and draining. Doesn’t mean they can’t do something. Bonus XP weekends would encourage people to jump in and either give it a go or try again. Put a temporary reward track that comes in every few months for the tournament claim tickets so people can get mistforged weapons, maybe make the winners of the skirmishes get a lump of the tickets as well. I’d still like to see more “golem rush” type weeks.

Month long tournaments that push us to play overtime to get the win is too much. Giving extra incentive once in a while to potentially bolster WvW could help though.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Tournaments were too long and draining. Doesn’t mean they can’t do something. Bonus XP weekends would encourage people to jump in and either give it a go or try again. Put a temporary reward track that comes in every few months for the tournament claim tickets so people can get mistforged weapons, maybe make the winners of the skirmishes get a lump of the tickets as well. I’d still like to see more “golem rush” type weeks.

Month long tournaments that push us to play overtime to get the win is too much. Giving extra incentive once in a while to potentially bolster WvW could help though.

You mean like this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Proposal-Tournaments-and-Seasons/

Yeah good luck getting people’s heads out of the old system.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Will there ever be another WvW tournament? The last one was in 2014 which is quite a while ago.

Do you want another tournament that features horrible lag, poor profession design and balancing, even more cc meta, unbalanced server match ups and awful rewards?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Perhaps we can collect tokens another way? I’d still like them to be rare but ‘not available at all’ seems rough.

This is all we know…

Tyler Bearce.3427:

“The Tier 1 Weapons will be made available in an upcoming Reward Track, much like the armor already is.

We haven’t fully decided how to distribute the T2 Weapons and Armor yet. Though, we are currently leaning towards players purchasing them with a currency that they’d earn as a match reward. We may also set rank requirements for the various pieces, so you’d need to be a relatively high rank(1-2k) to purchase a full set."

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You mean like this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Proposal-Tournaments-and-Seasons/

Yeah good luck getting people’s heads out of the old system.

That’s much more well thought out than what I’m proposing. I like it, though having special weeks would get more play throughout the entire week which is nice for people who don’t just play on Fridays (or can’t play on Fridays). I’m more just thinking something to change it up or bolster population once in a while.

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

That’s much more well thought out than what I’m proposing. I like it, though having special weeks would get more play throughout the entire week which is nice for people who don’t just play on Fridays (or can’t play on Fridays). I’m more just thinking something to change it up or bolster population once in a while.

I’m all for special weekly or weekend stuff too, like wow does with their weekly events for bgs, time walking dungeons, pvp. Or even the old system of having double exp weekends for certain bgs.

But like I said, good luck getting people around here on board for that.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: Triad Hype.6703

Triad Hype.6703

Ok kids here it is….wvw is what it is, a sub par mass pvp environment that will never be what we expect as players, no triangle, and an epic failure in direction on content. That All said….make the most of what it is and build around that, not going to get any better so ANET throw another tournament together and let’s get on with it, lock out transfers before announcement so no shady business. And let’s use GW2 as a leaning experience what not to do with GW3, peharps give Lysan and Luanne a call to show you how to build a proper MMO environment with proper balanced triangle gameplay, every build has a counter, and a balanced party is effective. TRIANGLE.

Perhaps stop the bus and get some proper directions instead of the driving around hoping to find your destination.

Thanks much;

Triad Hype

New WvW tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Maybe if they merge servers and spread out populations better.
I doubt it’ll happen, it’s been almost 5 years, I don’t think they can ever properly balance WvW competitively.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.