New WxP -- Anet please consider this!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dear Anet,

Please consider giving 1 or 2 WxP every time someone ticks siege. This would solve a lot of problems.

Love,

Me

Edited to add: They can’t tick the same piece of siege within 20 minutes and still get the wxp tho.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

At first i was thinking this was going to be a bad idea but then your edit changed my mind i think this would be a good idea but not sure if it would really solve that many problems. I think that us refreshers would still be the only people doing it and this would just give us some reward for it. Since people can easily get a few hundred wxp running with a zerg they are not going to break off just to get that few wxp refreshing.
tl;dr Good idea but would not change community.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Make it 10 at least, and maybe the WXP farmers will tag occasionally as they pass through.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Make it 10 at least, and maybe the WXP farmers will tag occasionally as they pass through.

even a couple of WXP will entice them to tag some siege on the way by. it probably wont be enough to make them run around the full keep taging every one but a few points here and there adds up and if its only a few seconds out of their way they may hit em.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Terrible idea, this would heavily promote people transferring to enemy servers to build rams to waste keep supplies and siege lock maps (which happens already but has no “positive” for the person doing such action).

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I disagree. Since they established the 30 minute timer on siege, there’s been very few complaints about siege griefers anymore. Why? Because it’s a pain in the butt to run around and stay on a map and tick siege every 30 minutes. The old siege griefers got away with it because they knew if they placed a piece of siege, it would stay there indefinately. They could then log out of their griefing account and go back to their main one. I very much doubt you’d have people willing to spend 5-8 hours on a map ticking siege just to grief, not when they could get wxp other ways, or help their server in other ways. This is just a small reward for the dedicated few who spend the bulk of their time in WvW doing this. Plus it may offer some relief to these people as others start doing it because of the incentive of wxp, so that they could actually get out and enjoy WvW like the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I think you misunderstood my post, this would promote this action, and its not about spending 8 hours doing this either. Siege greifing usually happens when the said objective is about to be attacked.

If anything a greifer would build 30 rams gain WXP force them to lose the objective and then move onto the next.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yes but they could do that now without the wxp … and likely getting 1 or 2 wxp — even say your 30 rams? That’s only 60 wxp max if it’s a timing thing for capturing an objective. That’s not a lot of wxp compared to going out and capping a tower or running with a zerg. Also you don’t get wxp for BUILDING the siege, just ticking it, and that requires sticking around for at least 20 minutes, and given the dynamics of WvW, 20 minutes is usually a bit too long for a capping griefing to aid an enemy to get an objective. That and it’d be a pretty darn great visual cue to your server that a certain spot was about to get hit if suddenly this guy was in there building 30 rams and sticking around 20 minutes to tick it.

It does, however, reward those who do it for the right reasons .. and encourage others to pitch in. I think your example is valid, but siege griefing has taken a nose dive since they implemented this 30 minute ticking policy, and this is just incentive to get your teammates to help.

BTW you still owe me cookies for building you all that siege you requested when you were still on TC. :p

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

So was talking with a friend about this and he said 20 minutes on the reticker is probably ideal — it’s too long for someone siege capping/griefing to help the opposing side AND get wxp, but it’s just enough time to rescue it despawning, and does maybe get a few who typically don’t do the ticking duty to jump on board and help.