New exploits?

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

There’s two issues I’ve been seeing lately in WvW that I haven’t run into before. I was wondering if these are known to be exploits, or if this is some sort of in-game trick:

1. I see an enemy thief urnning past and I try to attack him, but it keeps saying “X requires a target”. I never lose target, and the guy doesn’t stealth, but it doesn’t let me hit him with anyb targeted abilities.

2. I down an enemy player, and some other enemy starts to res him, and he’s up instantly (not after 5 seconds like with mercy gear, just immediately up as soon as res begins). I would think this was someone killing 1-hit wildlife, but happened with the same 2 people 3 times in a row, and there weren’t that many rabbits around. This also only seems to work when someone is ressing.

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

1. I’ve seen when someone lags way out of sync with the server. Take out a ranged weapon and shoot at them to see where their ‘server’ body is as opposed to what you see. I don’t know if it’s done on purpose or because they have third world internet.

#2, I’ve never seen yet.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

2. about the rezzing, i think guardian signet of mercy (trait?) instantly heal the downed player, doesn’t it ? ranger elite spirit can also instant revive a player i think…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: skycrow.4821

skycrow.4821

@number 2
yea i sometime also feels like that, i saw a guys downed to nearly half a bar, and then a solo ally of him come and revive him in a matter of 1-2 sec, with the many enemy AOE and AR are targeted in his position :/……
mehh, oh well

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: allways.9270

allways.9270

I always carry “Elixir R”/ENG ress with me, so when I´m about to die, toss it on ground, where I´m about to fall .. many times, it´ll ress me back up on the first tick – even when receiving dmg, due to the fact that I play based on balanced stats – which includes Healing.
It might be the same matter, in case of your enemy encounter. Might have used a utility, or simply a PowerToughnessHealing build. Or, more simpler explanation – after all .. when in group, it´s always good to have at least one support based player around.

Charr Engineer
Death is Energy [DIE]
Underworld server; WvW – UW border/defence

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

Ele’s also have an utility ability to quick rez people.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

The first one is possibly due to lag.
Signet of mercy/undeath? Also glyph of renewal on fire attunement can insta rally.
And Elixir R is another amazing stuff.

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

1 – Is an issue with positioning caused by lag (your targets connection usually not yours)

2 -There are a few ways that could make this possible, here’s a few

The target hit something before going down (or while being downed) and his target died just when he went down = rally (think about poison/bleed/burn killing off a doe/moa/drake/other player)

Quickness on the one rezzing the downed player speeds stuff up a lot, and if more than one is rezzing him inside a mesmer quickness field it’s pretty much instant.

Certain class skills can rally players.

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I Rally, when people drop due to my conditions , I rallied about 8-9 times in a row on occasion.

But i have also seen any class get up from downed state , with nothing around to kill.
instantly.
It has got to be a bug, exploit,hack watever, because I don’t think Anet made a downed state insta-ressurection button.

Never tried those pink res-orbs in WvW yet, so maybe that’s a possibility?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

As people said for #2 there are a multitude of reasons that you might not be privy to. Such as rallying off a kill while being ressed, signet ressed, banner ressed, or something akin to those options.

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.8946

Gwalchgwn.8946

As for point 1 I’ve had dolyaks do this to me when I am lagging. I’m pretty sure this is purely lag related.

Point 2 I’ve seen multiple times but only performed by one person, I’ve used the report function and it is apparently being looked into. I only reported it because there were no Ele’s around at the time, they can Rez from range in about a second using a slot skill.

(edited by Gwalchgwn.8946)

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Mesmers also have “illusion of life” for a quick pick up. It’s actually an area effect and allows 15 seconds of life.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

As for point 1 I’ve had dolyaks do this to me when I am lagging. I’m pretty sure this is purely lag related.

Point 2 I’ve seen multiple times but only performed by one person, I’ve used the report function and it is apparently being looked into. I only reported it because there were no Ele’s around at the time, they can Rez from range in about a second using a slot skill.

Saying the trollyak, I’m pretty sure it is a bug rather than lag; or it is a new specie called Chronoyak. It happens when a camp being taken while a lonely wandering yak is on the road and logically the new yak which is taken by a team being spawned.

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

1. yeah, there’s quite a few instarezz abilities.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revive

Skills that revive allies

Utility skills

Guardian tango icon 20px.png
Signet of Mercy
Signet of Mercy
Ranger tango icon 20px.png
“Search and Rescue”
“Search and Rescue”; requires active pet
Elementalist tango icon 20px.png
Glyph of Renewal
Glyph of Renewal
Mesmer tango icon 20px.png
Illusion of Life
Illusion of Life; temporary (permanent if ally defeats opponent)
Necromancer tango icon 20px.png
Signet of Undeath
Signet of Undeath

Elite skills

Warrior tango icon 20px.png
Battle Standard
Battle Standard
Ranger tango icon 20px.png
Nature’s Renewal
Nature’s Renewal; active from Spirit of Nature

Tool belt skills

Engineer tango icon 20px.png
Toss Elixir R
Toss Elixir R; from Elixir R

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

My buddies and I once downed 3 people in a big open field inWvW. Finished them off and their bodies were laying there dead waiting to spawn again. We stood on them planning our next route. The 3 of them were all bunched together and it was an open field where no one can sneak up on us. All of a sudden, the 3 of them get up from the DEAD state and start attacking us. They were completely dead for a good 2-3 minutes…..

Someone please explain.

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

^^^ Now that sounds like a clear example of exploiting. ^^^

I play a +power +precision +condition dmg support Mesmer with earth sigils and the Mad King set (think ultra long bleeds and confusion) so I rally constantly in big fights. I am sure people trying to kill me think HAX! but really its just me passively killing people all over the place.

That’s gotta be kittening annoying now that I think about it :P

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Lightvision.9357

Lightvision.9357

Search and Rescue is not instarez, it will rez like any normal player rezing.

also after like the 4th or 5th time i have been downed in a short period, i instadie so i donno where you get the 8-9 rallies from

(edited by Lightvision.9357)

New exploits?

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

also after like the 4th or 5th time i have been downed in a short period, i instadie so i donno where you get the 8-9 rallies from

Some fights just last that long.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.