New loot system

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I thought about loot system while commenting this thread but since my idea would be sort of different, I don’t want to post it in same thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/An-outsider-s-view-on-WvW-suggestions/

Why?

Why I think it needs changing? Well, I don’t think game should reward blobs that run around the map only taking objectives and never fighting enemies. The Oasis event was attempt to push everyone together into smaller area for more frequent fights (it failed because it had other problems). We need more fighting.

Normally you would gather up loots (including items, gold, xp, wxp etc) by taking objectives and killing enemies. The enemies loot remains same but all the loot from NPCs/objectives is removed. You can still capture objectives and kill NPCs but you will not gain any gold/items/xp/wxp from it, it will only increase your server PPT.

Fat Loot in Single Spot

The Loot Event will happen once every 30 minutes after last Loot Event. All the loot that player normally would be able to gather up within 30 minutes of WvW play is hidden in Big Chest Of Loot. The Loot Chest will appear in Lord room of keep or tower held by the server with least players on the map.

If one server has no objectives, no chest will appear.

Phase 1, 30 minutes to Chest

The server currently owning objective where Loot Chest will appear, will get notice with the Chest location. It is marked on their map.

Around the Chest several siege will also appear, ACs, Balli, Treb etc. Players from server owning Chest location should be building more siege to defend the Objective.

Note: if objective is lost during Phase 1, no chest will appear. New chest location is picked after 15 minutes waiting period.

Phase 2, 15 minutes to Chest

Servers who do not own the chest location will get notice where it will appear. It is marked on their map too. They now have 15 minutes to capture that objective and kill the Lord.

The Objective is filled with extra Veteran and Champion tier NPCs based on current player population in the map. The Objective is also upgraded instantly, tier 3 Objective is fully repaired.

NPC creation example: Green has 50 players, Blue has 30 players, Red has 10 players. Chest appears in the Red keep. 50 – 10 = 40 extra Red NPC will spawn to protect the Chest.

Phase 3, THE LOOT CHEST TIME

Chest will appear close to the Lord room. Only players from the server owning this objective can access the chest. The objective could be tagged but players must be out of battle. Chest will remain for 5 minutes and the disappears, starting next Chest cycle after small waiting period.

What you get from chest? Gold. Items. Unique skins. Mats. XP. WXP. Siege Blueprints.

What about players from other 2 servers? They only get loot for killing enemies, same way they currently do.

Wait, isn’t this still same thing where biggest blob takes the whole prize?

Not really. Does not matter how big your blob is, you still have capture this exact objective within certain time limit or your blob gets no loot. Defenders get extra NPCs and siege to protect the Loot Chest, and they only have to protect it until the Chest appears. Even small defending force can keep enemy blob away for some time.

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Sorry but this doesn’t work for me.

1. Enough gimmicks introduced with HoT already.
2. This is a time gated event – I dislike those. Especially when I have to stop playing just before the event finishes and I miss the loot.
3. I’d rather be rewarded for playing WvW not some meta event on the map (too close to Oasis in this respect).

I do like the idea of getting Gold, Items (hopefully better than 2 blues and a green…) Unique skins etc. I think this is one point you’ve got spot on. I’m finding that WvW actually drops plenty of loot at the moment, but it’s all pretty much worthless even when salvaged.

I’m not sure we actually need a new loot system just better drop rates for more valuable stuff in the existing one.

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I’d rather just see the loot table changed. Give greater rewards for player kills than you do for captures and give diminishing returns for the amount of players within 2000 range.
By this I mean if you solo kill or capture something you have a much higher chance of getting extra rewards (gold, exotics, etc.) and for each additional player nearby your chance decreases by 5%

With this system you will still be safer and cap things quicker with a zerg, but it encourages players to run small groups.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Not in the mood for gimmicks, and that is exactly what this would bring.

I would like to see a simple system in place where the higher rank you were, the more EXP, Wxp, PPK you were worth, and players got better loot for killing you.

I think that would spice things up nicely in WvW.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

I would like to see a simple system in place where the higher rank you were, the more EXP, Wxp, PPK you were worth, and players got better loot for killing you.

I think that would spice things up nicely in WvW.

This concept would be genuinely hilarious. I don’t think it should be tied to your rank, though. Just a simply effect that increases every time you get credit for a kill, and disappears when you die.

effect: Wanted!
Finishing this player will reward +x points to your world score and a bounty of y silver.
Stacks up to 50 times.

(30 minute recharge)

Each time you get credit for a kill, one stack is added to this effect (maybe with cd of a minute or two so you won’t get +20 from a zerg wipe). Bounty could either go to the player who finishes you (debatable if this should only count actual finishers or just fatal damage), or a random choice among everyone who gets credit for your death.
PPK could be something like 1 point for every 2-3 stacks. Bounty maybe 1 silver per stack. Maximum number of stacks should be set very high, and they should be kept when switching map (only lost when leaving WvW). The recharge would trigger when you die and prevent any stacks being added for its duration to avoid kill-trading.

(edited by vana.5467)

New loot system

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

Wouldnt that end up players “selling” their deaths? If Diamond Rank gives really good loot, there would be players setting up a spot where their any opponent can kill their chars for 15 minutes if they first pay 5g. Or it could be just your mate who creates new alt in opposing server and then you both farm stuff by killing high rank player and dividing the profits.

I wish we could trust players to play fair and really fight each other.

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

so…. turn wvw into dragonstand? uh no pls.

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No Nein Non

We need more uses for badges and proofs of heroics. We need more vendors with unique gear for WvW. We need more rewards related to the achievements.

What we absolutely do not need is any kind of convoluted loot mechanism that gets in the way of killing each other, more PvE, or a system that ends up drawing in people who are here only for the loot chest.

Badges and proofs are earned through multiple ways and you can still earn plenty even if your PPT is the lowest all night. Any kind of “own location A for phat loot” system will draw in fair weather players who will clog up the maps when winning and leave fighters high and dry when things aren’t going so well.

It’s one thing if I have to sit in a 30 man queue for EBG because there are 30 people there for fights in front of me. It’s a while different beast when that queue is 30 people simply trying to get in so they can loot the SMC chest that currently up for grabs.

It wil be no different than the first WvW season when people flooded in to get the rewards and check off achievements but not to actually participate in the fighting.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Meta events are not the answer as they effectively restrict playing to that small area. When they happen so often, the whole game becomes about the meta event. Also, people need to be compensated for popping in and doing w/e at any time—they should have to work for no reward because they couldn’t participate in this event or couldn’t succeed it during their run.

Also, the event gives no incentive to defend either. Why watch your Ramparts when you can go siege and enemy tower for a treasure trove?

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I think the problem with rewards is that you have to be in the right time and place for things, and this inevitably rewards blobbing. The tag and loot system is simply too outdated and you will note the rest of the game has essentially abandoned that because honestly having people act like it’s a Black Friday sale and trampling everyone else is just silly.

On the other hand a meta event is better, but also means you must contribute at a specific time and place and yes, I think people need to be rewarded for showing up at any time if they contribute.

What I think might work is something similar to what they had during seasons and that was that you had to participate.

I would suggest week long achievements metas… which obviously correspond to the matchup. They wouldn’t give any actual AP but would function like fractal dailies.

There would be two types of weekly metas. One personal (kills, captures, stomps, defenses) which is unaffected by your patrcipation, and a global server-wide meta which you need to have a certain level of participation. For example, 5 events gives you bronze tier reward, while 50 gives you gold tier. So let’s say every 50,000 points you’d get a reward if you did x amount of events, so there is still reason to play even if you’re hopelessly behind. The personal rewards are much like the in-game personal rewards which are typical. The server-wide event is about people working towards a combined goal regardless of who wins and loses.

Other server achievements could include:

• Accomplishments like holding X structures as fully upgraded for a X period of time; naturally the achievements will focus on the borderlands of this kind.
  • Having a certain K:D ratio by the end of the week.
  • Passing various stomp kill thresholds
  • Gaining positive glicko by the end of the week.

Then we can have ascended gear, food, and crap for whatever currency they come up with this, or use existing currency like heroics. Whatever works.

Again, this is more about the thought that counts. Obviously if you want more loot, go to pve, but the game needs to at least show some thought into making people feel they’re not wasting time and thus deserve a token of appreciation.

Can this be abused? Sure. All systems can be abused. But if you’re going to be afraid of that constantly, then nothing goes down at all.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

New loot system

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

I would suggest week long achievements metas… which obviously correspond to the matchup. They wouldn’t give any actual AP but would function like fractal dailies.

Would they be changed based on current population of each server? I mean it is completely different situation for tier 1 vs tier 8, in last tiers you hardly even find enemies.

I am also not sure if that improves anything between servers who dominate matchup anyway. My idea was to make server with more players to work harder for same rewards, compared to low population server who has to already fight many more enemies.

What I mean is if you are in the match where you end up with twice the score without even trying, you also finish all those achievements quite easily. But if you are in the server outnumbered in every map and being nightcapped whenever you sleep, getting those done is really difficult.

New loot system

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Wouldnt that end up players “selling” their deaths? If Diamond Rank gives really good loot, there would be players setting up a spot where their any opponent can kill their chars for 15 minutes if they first pay 5g. Or it could be just your mate who creates new alt in opposing server and then you both farm stuff by killing high rank player and dividing the profits.

I wish we could trust players to play fair and really fight each other.

Great question.

Well a few things to consider. To do this, would need to be a whole set up, IE: Someone would have to raise them, others would have to kill them. But that would not be a big deal.

But there is also the issue of value. Would you make more then 5 gold killing that player over and over again for 15 min?

I think the easiest way to stop that would be diminishing returns. Killing the same player over all over again, within a time frame, lets say, 1 hour, would reward less each time. This would also stop the urge to target players you know are weaker then you as well.

But, I am not really worried about that happening, I mean, think about it, you never see people setting up 5 min timers to flip Keeps back and forth in WVW, even on T8 where there is what, 10 people per team total? (That’s a joke)

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

New loot system

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

But, I am not really worried about that happening, I mean, think about it, you never see people setting up 5 min timers to flip Keeps back and forth in WVW, even on T8 where there is what, 10 people per team total? (That’s a joke)

Yeah, there is only 5 people in Tier 8