New maps are trully amazing

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Face it, everything in the expansion is amazing, including WvW.
Unlike other games and comunities anet has listened to the players and they have
come up with the best update ever, helping the wvw population to grow, no more
karma trains in the new maps, no more blobs.

You are the best developers ever, thanks for reading the forums and participating on
our threads. Its really satisifying to see that you keep in touch with us and you have,
unlike other games, adressed our complains and issues.

It’s nice to see that silence has never been an option for you. Thanks ^^

PS: Love the verticality on the new maps

(edited by Algerius.5238)

in WvW

Posted by: gertgeezer.2970

gertgeezer.2970

this is sarcasm right?

actually on a re-read it is an attempt to get a dev to reply, since it looks like they only comment on positive posts, good move.

Gunnars Hold

(edited by gertgeezer.2970)

in WvW

Posted by: Grendels Mother.5713

Grendels Mother.5713

Ah, the naivety of youth …

[to be sung to the tune of “Oh, Dear! What Can the Matter Be?”]

Oh, Anet! What can the matter be?
Anet, Anet! What can the matter be?
Oh, Anet! What can the matter be?
WvW’s so long in the tooth.

They promised to create me a map to please me
And then for some money, oh, they vowed they would surprise me
They promised to give me a bunch of good fights
To keep me playing their game.

[at this point my creativity has run dry, a bit like Anet’s vision for WvW]

in WvW

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

Obvious troll is obvious

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

There are issues about the new map but I also think people are over reacting to it… The few times we had a commander with some people on the map we had very good fights. But most people are not even trying to learn it, I am not sure if it is because they are busy with new content and unlocking elite specs, or masteries, or because the map is that bad.

In YB most of the usual commanders are off, looks like they decided to take a break. Even EBG is quite empty now.

I think auto upgrade and some other mechanics are more harmfull to wvw than the map itself.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

I want to join this positive feedback thread and also thank for the new DESERTED BL. Finally no blobs, no k-training, no queues, nothing! The map looks so gorgeous. This is what all WvW players wanted for long. Thanks for reading all the feedack from all beta weekends! Finaly more PvE content and long awaited vertical, huge map with fortified gates and auto turrets. This will make large scale PvP battles even greater. Special thanks for constantly teleporting NPC lords and those cool rocks that come out of the ground, which brought me to the next level of expirience.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Can confirm. New maps are amazing. JQ BL had a que on one the other night, and the fights were great. People actually have to fight now instead of sitting behind tower walls bombing with siege and exploiting LOS ACs. It now takes 2 minutes to get from one side of the map to the other, instead of 30 seconds like it used to. Scouting actually requires an actual form of scouting instead of a quick 10 second look now.

Zergball ktrainers hate it however it seems.

(edited by Zanther Deathbringer.4762)

in WvW

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Why should be a troll, I love the new map too… :-/

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Can confirm. New maps are amazing. JQ BL had a que on one the other night, and the fights were great. People actually have to fight now instead of sitting behind tower walls bombing with siege and exploiting LOS ACs. It now takes 2 minutes to get from one side of the map to the other, instead of 30 seconds like it used to. Scouting actually requires an actual form of scouting instead of a quick 10 second look now.

Zergball ktrainers hate it however it seems.

I must be on a different JQ then, most of the ques I’ve seen the past 2 weeks is for EB, maybe few times for JQ BL but usually doesnt last long. On the few times I decided to do something in the JQ BL, you can roam for 20 min before you find some roamers to fight.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Yea, because navigating around this map is so fun…not to mention if you are on a lower pop server you will get many fights happening all the time. The map is beautiful but it doesn’t change the fact that this map is just horribly designed when it comes to getting where you want to go.. way to much vertically also for a map designed for PvP..no bueno.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

this is sarcasm right?

actually on a re-read it is an attempt to get a dev to reply, since it looks like they only comment on positive posts, good move.

its not a troll!
u see the new maps have no blobs! and no karma trains either because no1 is actually there? hes 100% saying the truth.

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

this is sarcasm right?

its not a troll!
u see the new maps have no blobs! and no karma trains either because no1 is actually there? hes 100% saying the truth.

Now, THAT is sarcasm.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

I LOVE the new maps so much I NEVER play them! If I do, I’ll faint from too much EXCITEMENT!

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

no more

That’s easy when there’s also no one to play the maps kek.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

no more

Oh ya?

Last reset

http://imgur.com/cdF7q2n

This number got bigger later in the night

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

My Windows 98 x386 computer luvs the new maps! I get 60 fps! Except when the occasional Yak walks by….

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

I really LOVE the vertical terrain! Why be somewhere quickly when you can just run up and down the same cliff face a few times and enjoy the view!

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

no more

Oh ya?

Last reset

T1, reset night, and a weekend, all combined together and there’s only one queued map? Not a good sign.

in WvW

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

I agree
I absolutely LOVE the verticality of the new borderlands, because exploration is what WvW is all about.
But most importantly, there is absolutely nothing more thrilling than farming monsters in the oasis to charge the skysplitter.

In all reality, the new borderlands is a flop. Take for example, blood gultch in the Halo series. It was so simple, yet became so popular, it made a return in Halo 2 and inspired similar maps in sequel games. Learn from this. WvW does not need complex terrain and tacked on PVE content, players play wvw for many reasons, but I could safely assume that we are not here to explore or PVE. I’m here to player kill (something that the regular game mode lacked).

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Anet has really made it mates, this borderlands bring the wvw experience to a level
never met before, it’s fantastic.
Establishing the fundamentals of healthy play, several fights during your playtime,
traveling across the maps is now short and not really necessary to find fights.

In this new borderlands everything is perfect, things like the pve laser event
sound as good as everything else, perfectly executed, wvw players demanded it.

Seeing this, i can’t really say anything bad, the lag spikes during the laser event. To be
honest it’s not that bad, it’s like a publicity break when watching a movie, you can chill
ingame and take a small break for 15-20 minutes until the event finishes and then
take your group of players again and resume playing.

Thank you very much anet.
PS: You can also read my posts vertically ô_ô, wanted them to emulate your maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I feel so bad for the artists that worked on this map. They did a fantastic job. It’s the decisions behind the map concept everyone hates. The poor artists will see this thread, click on it, and then start crying.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Who should cry ? Consumer like me who pay and only play on WvW and see this game mode broken by all the new hot stuff (map + mechanics + lags).
Or the “artist” who is payed to make the job ?

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The artists aren’t the one making any of those decisions… I get paid to do a job too, that’s irrelevant.

Also why is artists in quotes?

in WvW

no more

Oh ya?

Last reset

T1, reset night, and a weekend, all combined together and there’s only one queued map? Not a good sign.

Its been like that for as long as I can remember

But you know, a week after xpac release during Halloween. Couldn’t have had anything to do with it that weekend!

(edited by Zanther Deathbringer.4762)

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

In all reality, the new borderlands is a flop. Take for example, blood gultch in the Halo series. It was so simple, yet became so popular, it made a return in Halo 2 and inspired similar maps in sequel games. Learn from this. WvW does not need complex terrain and tacked on PVE content, players play wvw for many reasons, but I could safely assume that we are not here to explore or PVE. I’m here to player kill (something that the regular game mode lacked). [/spoiler]

It’s like Game Design 101. For PvP, simple maps with few to no player-independent variables are preferable.

The Deserted Borderlands are the exact opposite.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

I think maybe the verticle aspect of the map came from an initial expectation that those who had gliders would be using them (which would REALLY be awesome and maybe even breathe a little life into the map, just picture gliding out and dropping on an unsuspecting enemy =P) but at the last minute a bunch of tears were wept for those who didn’t have or couldn’t get gliders..

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

no more

Oh ya?

Last reset

Its been like that for as long as I can remember

But you know, a week after xpac release during Halloween. Couldn’t have had anything to do with it that weekend!

Dunno how it is in T1 but a couple months ago in T2 we had 160 man queues for EB and the BLs were generally at 30-60. Now there is generally never a queue for anything but EB except for a short one (sub 10) on a single home BL on reset night.

I think halloween may have an effect but I highly doubt it is as huge as people say it is. I guess we’ll find out for sure this weekend.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.