New poll what?

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

There is a new poll that is asking if we want better rewards or a up down system… why can’t we have both X_X ?

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Because it’s a priority poll.. they’ll probably implement both, they just asking us which to work on first.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

lol there’s gonna be an awful lot of increased forum activity if they do the one up one down from NA players. Simply because of the cliff-like population disparities.

Don’t you guys remember the swiss tournament? So much complaining.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

lol there’s gonna be an awful lot of increased forum activity if they do the one up one down from NA players. Simply because of the cliff-like population disparities.

Don’t you guys remember the swiss tournament? So much complaining.

Indeed. But the majority is interested in the reward changes first so far, which is good as we can start focusing in winning the skirmishes we play on instead of worrying with the week as a whole. Also it might mean we’ll finally receive the new way to obtain the Mistforged Hero Weapons and the Triumphant Hero Armor they have talked about before.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

• In conjunction with population rebalancing, updating Scoring allows us to decide a winner of a match more fairly, and thus reward players more fairly
    • Currently we can’t give out worthwhile rewards for winning, as most match-ups are already decided before they begin

source

The best thing about match winner’s reward is that they will finally fix server population imbalance. I could not care less about few more green items invading my backpack. The server population fix gets my vote here.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

• In conjunction with population rebalancing, updating Scoring allows us to decide a winner of a match more fairly, and thus reward players more fairly
    • Currently we can’t give out worthwhile rewards for winning, as most match-ups are already decided before they begin

source

The best thing about match winner’s reward is that they will finally fix server population imbalance. I could not care less about few more green items invading my backpack. The server population fix gets my vote here.

How on earth did you draw that conclusion? By handing out rewards for winning skirmishes, ANet will just be increasing the appeal to stack servers since you would get more rewards for being on the winning server.

New poll what?

in WvW

Korgov.7645

source

How on earth did you draw that conclusion? By handing out rewards for winning skirmishes, ANet will just be increasing the appeal to stack servers since you would get more rewards for being on the winning server.

ANet is fully aware of the upcoming server stacking issue. That’s why before releasing the rewards, they will have to prevent stacking and force server populations equal.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

New poll what?

in WvW

OriOri.8724

source

ANet is fully aware of the upcoming server stacking issue. That’s why before releasing the rewards, they will have to prevent stacking and force server populations equal.

There is nothing forcing them to do that though. Absolutely nothing.

New poll what?

in WvW

Korgov.7645

source

They’d make complete kitten of themselves if they did not address the server population imbalance prior rewards.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

New poll what?

in WvW

OriOri.8724

source

They’d make complete kitten of themselves if they did not address the server population imbalance prior rewards.

Implying that they haven’t done that before…….

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I can’t believe how many people are voting for the rewards, and this community wonders why WvW is what it is.

Enjoy your green weapon for winning the week.

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

People are voting for the rewards because the other vote is for a game breaking mechanic. The poll is simple. Do you want to break the game? Or do you want kittenty rewards?

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

New poll what?

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

It’s really not game breaking at all, 1 up 1 down creates variety and less stagnant matches. Let’s not pretend that Glicko is even remotely healthy for the game, they’ve only had to tweek it how many times? and its still complete garbage.

New poll what?

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

1 up 1 down creates dead match ups. Imagine the bottom of Tier 1 fighting the top of Tier 3 in Tier 2. Who will win? I wonder. Furthermore, 1 up 1 down allows it so you can manipulate the tiers easier thus deciding not only where your server is playing by tanking but other servers you’re not even on as well within a week time frame. Terrible idea.

Mad King Mal -Rev

New poll what?

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

It’s one week and that bottom server will be right back up in T1, we’ve watch blowouts happen numerous times, and with the randomness going on it’s not like it’s uncommon to see BG tossed down into T2 anyways. At least they won’t have to do manual adjusting to Glicko creating further problems, and in the lower brackets you won’t be trapped because you dominate but it doesn’t really matter.

New poll what?

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Its not just one week its every other week. Which means every other week will be a blow out for higher tier servers which isn’t the same as it is now. Its very uncommon to see BG in Tier 2. That doesn’t happen too often but now imagine seeing BG in Tier 2 versus SBI. Now we have a major problem.

Mad King Mal -Rev

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its not just one week its every other week. Which means every other week will be a blow out for higher tier servers which isn’t the same as it is now. Its very uncommon to see BG in Tier 2. That doesn’t happen too often but now imagine seeing BG in Tier 2 versus SBI. Now we have a major problem.

What problem? The BG bags are as good as anyone else’s and often easier to get!

Aside from that, one up – one down is still a bad idea with these massive population disparities. If that ever gets smoothed out then it would be worth considering.

SBI

New poll what?

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Or you would see all the fairweathers come out because they finally have a new match. Variety seems to bring out more people, stagnant matches get boring and people don’t bother. We can agree to disagree because we can only speculate on what the outcome would be but I still think it would be more healthy then Glicko which should have never been used to begin with.

New poll what?

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

no use arguing looks like 60% are agreeing with me. Glicko has it’s issues but 1 up 1 down presents more issues. As it stands right now the Tiers are not locked and as we are reevaluated I see more balanced match ups happening. That alone is creating variety no need to dumb down the system for it when it’s here already.

Mad King Mal -Rev

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

There’s no reason really to vote on anything. Servers don’t matter, scoring doesn’t matter, doesn’t affect anything.

Honestly, what’s the point of having scoring systems or even voting? There’s just no point anymore.

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s really not game breaking at all, 1 up 1 down creates variety and less stagnant matches. Let’s not pretend that Glicko is even remotely healthy for the game, they’ve only had to tweek it how many times? and its still complete garbage.

With the increased volatility we have more variety now. So long as that is the case there is no need for 1 up 1 down.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

New poll what?

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

With the increased volatility we have more variety now. So long as that is the case there is no need for 1 up 1 down.

Other then the fact that it gets rid of glicko and the artificial adjustments. Many people haven’t had the pleasure of rotting away in the lowest tier or had their server placed there because of glicko tweeking only to stomp all over the other servers and still lose rating when you didnt belong there to begin with. I’m not saying your from the top tiers but some ppl replying are, its real easy for them to be ignorant to the demoralization glicko creates when you’ve been in T1-2 your entire gw2 life.

Either way at this point it would hurt nothing to try, but i guess the poll will decide.
Also are we playing the same game ? Anet doesn’t reward, they slap you in the face with a worthless item.

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Either way at this point it would hurt nothing to try, but i guess the poll will decide.
Also are we playing the same game ? Anet doesn’t reward, they slap you in the face with a worthless item.

I actually agree with you on that. As for 1 up 1 down I can sympathise with your point but the problem is thats only an issue for a minority of the player base. Although if you get too low you’ll be linked to a T1 or T2 server.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

topic between the 2 is a joke? do i want more rewards ? or do i care who i fight.

New poll what?

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I actually agree with you on that. As for 1 up 1 down I can sympathise with your point but the problem is thats only an issue for a minority of the player base. Although if you get too low you’ll be linked to a T1 or T2 server.

I’m not on a low pop server, I was on SBI when they got tossed down for 2 weeks due to Anet artificially boosting the CD Link, we walked all over T4 to the point of owning everything and were still losing Gllicko. I’m no longer on SBI but I do believe in health of the over all game not just T1 & T2. Like I said no harm in trying it for a couple weeks, if it sucks and makes match ups worse then chalk it up to failed and go back to glicko. If you think about it the bottom of T1 and top of T2 are pretty close same can be said for bottom of T2 and top of T3 so really the swaps wouldn’t be that crucial imo unless a server like BG purposely lost to go down which I don’t see why they would want to do that.

Either way it’s just my opinion, it’s not right or wrong and ultimately he poll will decide for us.

New poll what?

in WvW

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Because it’s a priority poll.. they’ll probably implement both, they just asking us which to work on first.

I sure hope so because they both sound pretty important things to have (although i am greedy so i voted for rewards)

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books