New to GW2 looking for a NA server

in WvW

Posted by: Erevis.1942

Erevis.1942

I bought GW2 on release, played a bit, but then work dragged me out of the game. i have now found time to return to GW2 and play again but i have no idea where to start.

I LOVE pvp. I especially like large scale fights that use team work. im inexperienced with GW2 but i am familiar with pvp in a variety of other games.

My ideal server:
1) No queue(or less than 10 minutes
2) Strong player base that is forgiving(teaches)
3) active and fluid battles(not looking for ROFLstomps)

Currently i have NO characters and will be leveling up from scratch. Thanks for the advice!

in WvW

Posted by: Bawzdawg.2839

Bawzdawg.2839

Well, if u r playing on EU Servers, go SFR (Seafarers Rest), server is full, no queues, we win wvw every week, adn we will win the next tournament aswell (kitteny as kitten :P).

Community is pretty mature, compared to other mmos, we have musicbots on our server ts3 aswell. Our commanders are amongst the best eu, if not THE best.

Alot of germans joined our server recently too, they came from riverside, elona, kodash cuz we pwn way to hard

Welcome to SFR m8

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Come to JQ. Queues are only noticeably lengthy on reset. I’ll introduce you to some players and show you some good builds. Also, JQ is a really pug-friendly server; hence, you’ll find many players willing to help, and many good pug commanders. Server is full at the moment. If you check at early morning hours or during EU time you might be able to get in.

Another good option would be Crystal Desert or Isle of Janther. I’ve heard good things. TC as well.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in WvW

Posted by: Husky.6018

Husky.6018

Eredon Terrace is another option. Although we’re bottom tier we still get into some good fights. We have queues only on reset, and the queues are roughly 5 people long. We teach new players what to do and how to do it. Different guilds may even run over and improve your build. We have the best night crew of all the tier 8 servers. Whenever your on, we’ll be fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I suggest looking at the wvw leaderboards and picking one in the middle of the pack. The first 7 servers are fairly packed during NA prime so it’s best to look at servers under that.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Come to Gate of Madness! We have a lot of really solid guild groups that are always open to helping out! We only queue EB on very rare occassions. We’re also sure to always keep the jokes rolling on TS to keep morale high :P

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

NO q and a strong player base? you want t5 or t4 servers. I would recommend borlis pass, its friendly and has large pvp guilds.

Also good is yaks, crystal desert etc.

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Consider NSP. It is never an easy fight but queues are not an issue and there are plenty of large and small scale fights that will challenge you. I would also suggest getting in with a guild that focuses what you are more interested in. Large guild for zergging or smaller guilds for havoc, small skirmishes, ninja tactics, Zerg busting. As you can tell, I favor the smaller scale due to the skill needed for survivability when outmanned and the need for a good team to support each other.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in WvW

Posted by: Erevis.1942

Erevis.1942

Okay, so i got a PM earlier, right after posting that said FA was a good server and that it had a lot of zerg and a lot of roamer groups, so that i would be able to play any playstyle i wanted. unfortunately after playing it for several hours last night and several hours this morning. i cant seem to find anyone playing it. groups form and then dissipate in like 4 minutes. Being a low level, Guilds arent likely to recruit me so its a hard to actually wvw right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Okay, so i got a PM earlier, right after posting that said FA was a good server and that it had a lot of zerg and a lot of roamer groups, so that i would be able to play any playstyle i wanted. unfortunately after playing it for several hours last night and several hours this morning. i cant seem to find anyone playing it. groups form and then dissipate in like 4 minutes. Being a low level, Guilds arent likely to recruit me so its a hard to actually wvw right now.

Yeah FA isent a good server to wvw on at all.
Basically since Anet doesn’t care for wvw, it’s either suffer and wait for some ques to play with people or go to a server T3 and under and not have anyone to play with.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

FA has issues – if I were the only one having issues I’d say it was me, but it’s not.

There is much infighting and backbiting – a huge reason many will not use TS3…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Umm if your not level 80, get to level 80, people wont want you coming to do wvw on uplevel toons man.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

Hardcore guilds will hate on you if you fight on a soft lowbie because you will keep rallying downed opponents during the fight. If you want to level in WvW I suggest you stick to karma trains and help carry supply or help your server by scouting.

For New Players: Please be informed that you can always change servers for free IF you delete all of your characters, You however retain the contents of your storage and wallet for use by new characters (except soulbound).

Lastly you can guest to other servers for your PvE content. I’d like to personally invite you and other readers to guest with us on SoR on our “Great Tyrian Adventure” events 4x a week for some nice stuff like our community guild missions which give guild commendations (a currency you can buy ascended items with) and free raffle big ticket items like legendaries. For time coverage take a peek at http://www.sanctumofrall.com/