New to WvW... question

New to WvW... question

in WvW

Posted by: Sokane.1957

Sokane.1957

Hey, all. I’m fairly new to GW2 in general (3-4 months) and have been mostly doing PvE (open world, dungeons, a few fotm). Recently, I’ve started jumping into WvW and have been having a good time. For the most part, it’s been in a zerg setting.

I’d like to play more of a roaming style. Small group and solo both. When I go small group it will likely be with a few friends of mine. (Duo with a necro or group of 3 with a guard/range.. I play an engi). I know most people regard thief, warrior, and mesmer as the 3 better roamers, but my question is… Are there any professions that are inherently weak at solo/small group roaming?

Thanks in advance.

Fenrit-Engineer-Ehmry Bay
Sokane Noctua-Mesmer-Ehmry Bay

New to WvW... question

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

I think it comes down to the skill of individual players; When i first joined WvW a group of seven including myself were taken out by an engineer. Today I watched a video of some player calling themselves the ‘best player in the world’ – yeah they were okay for a ranger me thinks. Having the right build for your character plus being a quick thinker goes a long way. Learned the hard way myself more than once because of my indecisiveness at times.

New to WvW... question

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I believe all classes have builds and set ups that can be used to great effect in WvW Roaming. The weakest I would say is guard still though if I had to name one.

Isle Of Janthir

New to WvW... question

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Guardian.
Meet almost anyone 1v1 and unless he’s very bad, you’re dead.

(Sure you can spec to survive better – but only at the expense of being able to do your job in the zerg)

OTOH – with only a couple of mates – you suddenly become God!

New to WvW... question

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Today I watched a video of some player calling themselves the ‘best player in the world’ – yeah they were okay for a ranger me thinks.

You my Sir. found the almighty Ajax The Blue’s Video! Congratulations!

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

New to WvW... question

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I found the class that is worse 1v1 with raid spec would probably be a guardian however guardians can be really strong with certain builds. I usually solo roam with my raid build on warrior and have about 80% win ratio in 1v1’s. Same on my ele but I probably have a much higher win ratio on it (only lost once against a dps thief and tied with a perplexity thief because we got bored :P ) in the end it all comes down to build and skill. I’d probably run my engi if it was lvl80.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |