New update 9/3

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I am really glad that Anet went this way for WvW. Instead of pushing out meaningless abilities or delaying bug fixes, they excluded sPvP and WvW from this update.
As you know:
He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

He who don’t try never wins.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Oroibahazopi.9074

Oroibahazopi.9074

I’m sorry you must be confused. There is something in there that directly affects WvW.

Now you’ll have to spend even more time outside WvW to make sure your alts are properly geared.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No update this time is a good thing. With the addition of Ascended weapons, a lot of hardcore WvW types will be working on getting those.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Are there notes somewhere I should be reading? …

Found them on the front page (refresh button is an amazing tool!)

Also on dulfy http://dulfy.net/2013/08/27/gw2-super-adventure-box-returns-in-back-to-school-patch/

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This new patch does nothing for WvW, again.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

I assume Ascended weapon crafting materials will be easily available through WvW gameplay. Just like the Ascended back item is.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Just like the Ascended back item is.

Dont forget plenty of Charged Quartz obtainable in WVW.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I assume Ascended weapon crafting materials will be easily available through WvW gameplay. Just like the Ascended back item is.

They said you get them from salvaging level 80 items. So yea, they’ll be available.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Joxer.4807

Joxer.4807

I asked this on another topic: will be the ascended weapon available ad the trading post at a decent price or a WvW player will be forced to farm PvE and crafting to have them?

Aurin Striate – Engineer – Ring of Fire

New update 9/3

in WvW

Gizmo.8623

I really hope that we will get a system that will require effort without speeding it up through TP (and that WvW-ers won’t suffer because of it).

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

I love you so hard ANET dev team. Keep up the good work on WvW.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Which year 9/3?

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Those with Legendary weapons already will have a nice time. Having the ability to switch stat boosts ooc depending on what build or job your plan on doing would be very nice. Very nice indeed.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

thx AN. Great update!

at least you didint kitten up something

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Oh my giddy aunt! Essence of Luck!

Be careful how you say it.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Same old story…new content…WvW gets nothing/jack/zero…

Bet there will be no chance EVER of getting ascended weapons via playing WvW.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Gizmo.8623

thx AN. Great update!

at least you didint kitten up something

How can you guess?

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Um, crafting?

New update 9/3

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Um, crafting?

Because high level crafting mats drop Soooo…. often in WvW?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Um, crafting?

Because high level crafting mats drop Soooo…. often in WvW?

They do.. Its what people call bags in wvw, You know those things people talk about in your match up threads, How much bags they get.. At level 80 all bags will have a chance to drop T5, T6 (And nowT 7 I guess) Crafting materials.

Isle Of Janthir

New update 9/3

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They do.. Its what people call bags in wvw, You know those things people talk about in your match up threads, How much bags they get.. At level 80 all bags will have a chance to drop T5, T6 (And nowT 7 I guess) Crafting materials.

T7 mats will be “created” from lower level mats. Do you really have enough?

Anet is talking about putting “special” mats at the end of jumping puzzles. Real WvW players don’t do jumping puzzles except to gank players from the other servers. Are you really going to get “enough” of these special mats from WvW?

New update 9/3

in WvW

Shoe.5821

They don’t do jumping puzzles because the incentives suck.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Anet is talking about putting “special” mats at the end of jumping puzzles. Real WvW players don’t do jumping puzzles except to gank players from the other servers. Are you really going to get “enough” of these special mats from WvW?

Well, Considering I get ~250 bags a day in wvw, Im good on mats lol, Sure T6 dont drop much from the heavy bags, But its better then roaming the world. Not to mention with the update on dungeons I can get 10g in no time within 45min, No exotics included. Could always just buy the needed mats. HOWEVER Im not disagreeing that WvW is still the bottom of the tier in how much Anet cares. Yet, I see them improving it slowly but surely, It may not be as fast or amazing as people expect, But people forget Gw2 is suppose to not have any expansions, its all live updates to the one current game youhave. The game will be around for years. Just because the first year was kittenty, doesnt mean the next 5 will be

Isle Of Janthir

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

But … but … but … Devon told us we just needed to wait for the last live stream to see how pleased we’d be with the upcoming changes. Maybe we missed something, right?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

ugh i hate hate hate jumping puzzles.oh well i will stick with my exotic then.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

T7 should drop from keep lords/champ loot bags.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Well, Considering I get ~250 bags a day in wvw, Im good on mats lol, Sure T6 dont drop much from the heavy bags, But its better then roaming the world. Not to mention with the update on dungeons I can get 10g in no time within 45min, No exotics included. Could always just buy the needed mats. HOWEVER Im not disagreeing that WvW is still the bottom of the tier in how much Anet cares. Yet, I see them improving it slowly but surely, It may not be as fast or amazing as people expect, But people forget Gw2 is suppose to not have any expansions, its all live updates to the one current game youhave. The game will be around for years. Just because the first year was kittenty, doesnt mean the next 5 will be

I get plenty of bags, but if you need a bunch (stacks) of T6 mats to make T7 mats for the stuff, then the bags are fairly worthless. I get lots of T5 mats, but rarely get T6 mats.

if you get them from salvaging lvl 80 armor/weapons, then PvE is still king. You can fill a bag of lvl 80 items in just a few minutes. If they take rares, then we’re still screwed. Out of a full night of WvW’ing, I might only get 2-3 rares, at MOST.

However, they could do something useful and have us be able to trade in BoH for bags of a few t7 mats.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Vadio.5439

Vadio.5439

void WvWUpdate () {
}
still wait anet

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

The mats will absolutely drop in WvW. In addition, generally speaking, we are putting a heavier emphasis on finding long-term solutions to redressing the reward imbalance between PvE and WvW. I can’t claim they will ever be 100% equal all the time, but we would like it to never be the case that you are choosing between playing WvW and getting good rewards. The two should be one in the same.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

The mats will absolutely drop in WvW. In addition, generally speaking, we are putting a heavier emphasis on finding long-term solutions to redressing the reward imbalance between PvE and WvW. I can’t claim they will ever be 100% equal all the time, but we would like it to never be the case that you are choosing between playing WvW and getting good rewards. The two should be one in the same.

Upgrade the rank chests to include one guaranteed rare like world boss chests, and hook us up with dungeon tokens from rank/champion chests and random drops so we can get our cool-looking armor and legendaries without grinding PvE content. Or at least let us buy tokens with badges of honor if that’s easier to implement. That’d be a good start.

Then add some more cool finishers to the gem store so we have something to throw money at.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Thanks for the reply on this Devon, I hope what you guys come up with to balance the two is updated regularly in some way. The PvE guys in the cubicle’s across the hall seem to hate us and never want to help us WvW players out :{

Isle Of Janthir

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Why can’t we get the same chest we’re getting from champs by killing a player? I don’t want to receive grey trophies that do absolutely nothing but waste my inventory space…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Devon, having the MF changes to items already having MF on them such as Ascended Backpieces…will they have the option to convert to say…Ascended equivalent of a berserker’s backpiece?

What about if i spent 40 laurels on MF rings?….specifally for the MF …. i dont want a stat change…id rather have a refund -_-. Can we work this out?

New update 9/3

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Upgrade the rank chests to include one guaranteed rare like world boss chests, and hook us up with dungeon tokens from rank/champion chests and random drops so we can get our cool-looking armor and legendaries without grinding PvE content. Or at least let us buy tokens with badges of honor if that’s easier to implement. That’d be a good start.

Then add some more cool finishers to the gem store so we have something to throw money at.

Again, we haven’t made any decisions, but this is very much an avenue I’d like us to travel down.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Why can’t we get the same chest we’re getting from champs by killing a player? I don’t want to receive grey trophies that do absolutely nothing but waste my inventory space…

I’d like to think I don’t really have to answer that one…

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

So why not swing it the other way for a change and make it favor WvW. It has been imbalanced for pve long enough.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Shoe.5821

do you really want EB queued by people who are arranging noncompetitive mutual slaughters simply so they can farm

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: allindal.8406

allindal.8406

^^ so much this.

I, and perhaps, a few others, raged at a few guilds for scheduling GvG in wvw during primetime.

Blackgate
PVT Elementalist/Warrior/ Guardian

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

But what about the imbalance between classes due to combat mechanics and tagging?

A warrior in a zerg can spam 1 in a big battle and walk away with a tag for every enemy for his achievements, and maximum bags thereafter. A mesmer, or support/boon generating/healing build on the other hand might do his part to the success of the fight, but because he cant wade in and catch people on the edge of his hard hitting sword arc, he gets ignored.

Any chance of broadening the spectrum of tagging? 1hp’s worth of damage dealt, conditions applied, damage taken, etc etc?

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

^^ so much this.

I, and perhaps, a few others, raged at a few guilds for scheduling GvG in wvw during primetime.

But scheduled wipes, and GvG’s will always be slower than PvE. Why? Because of the level of organisation required, and the fact that, for the individual player, he’ll be spending time dead and waiting for a res instead of activly farming mindless mobs.

You guys are wrong on so many levels.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

lol, i don’t think he means literally give champ chests from players. i think he means “make the bags of loot that players drop an item that can be stacked and opened later, like champ chests”, which would make inventory management on WvW heaven. you’d have player chests and NPC chests (as well as champ chests from lords). regular enemies would presumably stay the same, given their loot tables are probably reused from PvE.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

How about making them drop coin bags instead of those grey crap.. I mean for a wvw player, there must be some form of way for us to farm gold. Please don’t say it will be too easy, from what i see the recent events release for pve is way more easy in farming.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Eh, I hearing stuff like this, but WvW remains excluded. For example, there is no reason why the 5+ hour achievement infinite watch tonic should not work in WvW. After spending the ridiculous amount of time required to get it, it should work in WvW any anywhere else.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

That would just make it too profitable to be a little zergling spamming 1.
I get that people want WvW to be more profitable, but it’s not easy to do without making zerging the major way to make a profit…

I for one would like to see more incentive given to people who play wvw the way it was designed. Like a siege operators fee for instance, where you get a small income every time you damage an enemy structures wall or gate with siege in service of your server. At least this would even out the disparity between zergling income and the more essential siege operators. At the very least the operator can recover the coin (s)he invested in buying the plans.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Eh, I hearing stuff like this, but WvW remains excluded. For example, there is no reason why the 5+ hour achievement infinite watch tonic should not work in WvW. After spending the ridiculous amount of time required to get it, it should work in WvW any anywhere else.

Many PvE consumables are unable to be used in WvW because players can always find ways of abusing them. Instead of allowing abuse and exploitation of unforeseen mistakes, they just disable them.

They’ve been down this road. It was ugly.

Besides that point, your point is slightly off-topic. People want time spent in WvW to mean as much to their character as time spent in PvE, not the other way around. Time spent in PvE is already extremely valuable in WvW.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Redscope.6215

^^ so much this.

But scheduled wipes, and GvG’s will always be slower than PvE. Why? Because of the level of organisation required, and the fact that, for the individual player, he’ll be spending time dead and waiting for a res instead of activly farming mindless mobs.

You guys are wrong on so many levels.

It depends on how much they add. They could go overboard and drop champion loot bags for every single player killed. If that were the case, you’d have massive amounts of players lining their pockets by cooperatively slaughtering one another for in-game wealth.

The amount of organization required is there, but it currently isn’t worth it. If you don’t think that people would cooperatively kill-farm en masse, you are severely underestimating the length players will go to exploit the game as well as the number of players who are willing to do so.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Redscope.6215

lol, i don’t think he means literally give champ chests from players. i think he means “make the bags of loot that players drop an item that can be stacked and opened later, like champ chests”, which would make inventory management on WvW heaven. you’d have player chests and NPC chests (as well as champ chests from lords). regular enemies would presumably stay the same, given their loot tables are probably reused from PvE.

No…if you read his post, he’s pretty much asking for champ loot bags. Those “trophies” he’s talking about already stack and so do the heavy loot bags. And now the badges go in your account wallet so those aren’t even an issue anymore.

It may be nice to see a ‘player’ loot bag made for WvW, but then would you get sellable loot bags from them or just loot? You’d have to make one for each ‘tier’ of player level you currently receive loot from, so you definitely wouldn’t be stacking only one ‘player’ loot bag.

And then how would players take to losing their magic find in WvW? You don’t get MF when opening bags, but you do get it when killing players. If all players dropped were ‘player’ loot bags, your MF would be nearly useless in WvW. Don’t tell me people wouldn’t start flame threads over that, they absolutely would.

The issue is a lot more delicate than people would like give thought to.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Redscope.6215

The one thing you do have to remember about legendary items is that they require map completion. Map completion requires a trip to WvW. And if you don’t have the capability to travel in a group to the vistas and PoIs, you’re either going to have to get out there on your own and risk PvP or wait until your server has everything…which could be a long time.

The weight of legendaries is heavily PvE, yes, but they are by no means able to be obtained exclusively in PvE. Therefore, you cannot expect legendaries to be obtainable by playing exclusively in WvW.

And if you’re going to talk about buying them from the trade post, well you make gold in WvW too; so that’s a moot point.

New update 9/3

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

The one thing you do have to remember about legendary items is that they require map completion. Map completion requires a trip to WvW. And if you don’t have the capability to travel in a group to the vistas and PoIs, you’re either going to have to get out there on your own and risk PvP or wait until your server has everything…which could be a long time.

The weight of legendaries is heavily PvE, yes, but they are by no means able to be obtained exclusively in PvE. Therefore, you cannot expect legendaries to be obtainable by playing exclusively in WvW.

And if you’re going to talk about buying them from the trade post, well you make gold in WvW too; so that’s a moot point.

I call complete bullkitten. You can actually make a legendary only in PVE. Farm/exploit orr for the mats, farm LS for achievements and get your badges. Did I miss any thing? We have to actually be thankful that PVE’rs don’t need to go to the JP and take up our spots in the que. Now for the gold drop. Players, which put up a kitten good fight and more than 2-3 minutes to solo at times, drop badges, blue and grey items. Rarely any thing better. In orr, mobs drop exotic chests in ember exploit/farm. In FGS, run in a circle around the map in the most disorganised MF gear running zerg and burn down bosses in 10 seconds each. It’s an established fact that PVE earns you more than 30x more gold than WvW.

How much time does it take to complete a map in WvW? PVE noobs were actually complaing about fighting people in the JP, so Anet just hands you another stack of badges in achievement chests on a silver platter. You guys are the most mollycoddled group of players I have ever come accross. It’s the first time all the “Ohmygosh I got attacked in a PVP zone for JP’ing” QQ threads paid off.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)