Newbie's view on FC vs ??? 3/10

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

First of all, I had a total blast the first part of the evening. It was all kind of a blur, but the commanders all seemed to know what they were doing (though I can’t remember anyone’s names: Elk? R-something-or-another-longish, the amazing A-whatsit that told people to stack on her so she could teleport us for pete’s sake) and we seemed to be doing really well. I survived okay-ish, got nuked three or four times but that is because I am a squishy new thing and can never remember to do that dodge thing. :-)

The second part, all of a sudden nobody was there no more. We had like ten people? I remember Fear-something-or-another and Something-powder and me kvetching on the channel. I got killed so many times I lost count.

Also in the second half one of the other servers we went up again suddenly started sprouting like ye olde original zergs. It was impressive and painful! I think I’ll upgrade my outfit with the human cultural T1 headgear. You wouldn’t hit a girl with glasses, would you?

In short: am now pumped for WvW. Thank you to everyone! FC, c’mon! It’s fun!

ETA: Forgot to add, I apparently had so much loud fun in this that my speakers blew! Talk about immersion. facepalm

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

(edited by Kay.5416)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hope to see you on the battlefields more

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Kay.5416

You can bet on it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

Yeah it was a good night the group you were with was my guild…. Elk, Azmika and myself along with about 15 others. I wish we could have kept the momentum up but as usual the SF zerg ended the fun. We held them at Bay for a while then like true SF style they added about another 50 to the party. Glad you had fun and I hope to see you out there more often.

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Kay.5416

Oh, so that was you! Thank you so much! You will absolutely see me, I am hooked but good now. Besides, I gotta get me some badges to get that sweet looking armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Crystalsky.4159

Crystalsky.4159

Glad to be of service

Azmika – Level 80 Mesmer, representing [DoSW] of Ferguson’s Crossing.

in WvW

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Welcome. We’re really glad to have you.

You’re WvW skills will be tempered in the hottest fires you’ll find on any server or matchup. We’ll be heavily outnumbered each and every night, but our wins will be that much sweeter. Our points are truly earned, and every person who plays makes a real difference.

As for myself last night…thanks for the many rezzes, everyone. I should probably stop switching characters so much and learn to play one of them. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Prince Moonstar.7654

Prince Moonstar.7654

Hey welcome. Always glad for new help. I was on then also and I can tell you from experience that having good commanders makes it so much more enjoyable even when you are out numbered. These
guys where awesome.

Fahlen Moonstar. Always willing to help even on the suicide missions.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

This is refreshing to see. So used to the multitude of threads expressing the frustration and overall hopelessness that comes with the current T8 matchup. Kudos on that Kay. Hopefully if I chance upon you on the battlefield I’ll give you a /bow after the stomp

That said FC has shown a ferocity when it comes to defending their BL as of late. I give you all mad props on that, you’ve offered some memorable fights this past little while. I truly hope many more of you have/share similar experiences as Kay here and continue to be motivated towards WvW. It’s truly one of the more unique/enjoyable aspects of this game (excluding the current match up in many cases of course -.-).

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

You’re WvW skills will be tempered in the hottest fires you’ll find on any server or matchup. We’ll be heavily outnumbered each and every night, but our wins will be that much sweeter. Our points are truly earned, and every person who plays makes a real difference.

As a SF WvW’er I am honestly envious. The PvDoor of the SF hivemind doesn’t allow the majority of us to improve our skill and strategy.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

Kay.5416

So I come back from work and wow, lots of responses! Thank you!

Fozzik, Azmika & Prince Moonstar: I did not expect for there to be such a strong feeling of being part of a team! The instructions and overall feedback just through regular ol’ chat was great, and whenever I did get confused/lost/what the foo? I’d just look at the map and head for the nearest blue donut.
If it hasn’t shown already, I tend to be rather enthusiastic and optimistic. You guys are stuck with me now.

Zen – Thank you! Actually, that’s one thing I did find myself missing from WoW, of all things: the ability to interact more with the enemy. I miss /wave /nod etc for that more human touch. Maybe if I find myself one on one with an enemy I’ll try and throw in a quick /bow and we can be all samurai stylin’. Then explosions and stomps!
Also I wasn’t kidding about the glasses. And I’m wondering, do you mostly play your ele or your thief? There was one thief that did a fantastic job at being a total unpleasant sensation in the hindquarters. After dying for the 5th time I wanted to both buy him/her a beer and smack him. Great job! Argh, so many repairs.

pulsecodesgnl – PVDoor? I was thinking on that second part of my evening when there was only 10 of us FCers that the other guys must be extremely bored. I mean you could almost hear the echo on our side. It wasn’t so much a lack of resistance as a kind of creepy haunted house vibe. I literally sought the bad guys out twice over just to see some activity!

in WvW

Crystalsky.4159

Just a tip, if you ever see [DoSW] Commanders in WvW you should follow them!
They’re all awesome and know what they’re doing.
Thank you so much for your positive feedback it really makes me want to get into being a Commander more (As I only got my badge a short time ago)

in WvW

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

As a SF WvW’er I am honestly envious. The PvDoor of the SF hivemind doesn’t allow the majority of us to improve our skill and strategy.

There’s a simple solution… you and your guild should join us.

Not only would your skills be able to shine and make a real difference, but it would also help a bit to even the odds, making for a better match overall.

Sounds like a win/win.

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

Yes come over from the darkside…. we will teach you the way of the Quaggan

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Narcissus.1058

Narcissus.1058

If you want, my guild is recruiting, working on active people in wvw during most timeslots

Aburame Shino, FC WvWer extrordinaire
Leader of the FC Vanguard Initiative(RIP)
Some random guy in [EDGE]

in WvW

Crystalsky.4159

Department of Silly Walking is recruiting, we do everything in game, but we’re looking at making more of an impact in WvW. Everyone is welcome to join us (we no h8ers).

Our Commanders are:
Guild Leader : cenotekgenocide.2419 (Korrina Deathblade)
Assistant Guild Leader: Tanryth.1074 (Shara Longblade)
Gyuforce.8291 (Elk)
Crystalsky.4159 (Azmika)

Hope to see you guys in game!