Nice Guys Finish Last

Nice Guys Finish Last

in WvW

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I love holding the EB JP. I specifically started leveling my Mesmer so I could port people.

But I’ve made it my rule that while I hold it I always allow Invaders through if 1) they are solo and just after chest/ori and 2) not a mesmer.

But today, I had only a few minutes, so I hopped on my Guardian (non Mesmer, no porting possible) and attempted the JP in my undies. It was heavily camped with invaders spawn camping, but I made it to the end of the dark room, invited myself to an invaders party and asked if I could pass through. They said yes, I proceeded, then they killed me. I tried a few more times bf I had to log out.

I will most likely continue to let invaders though on my part, it just makes me sad to not see the same courtesy.

I’m sure none of all yall agree with my philosophy. And maybe you’re right (it is WvW after all). But that’s my two cents.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Nice Guys Finish Last

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

They probably killed you because you were in your undies. It shows them you have no faith in your ability to pvp and therefore take your armor off because you already know you are going to lose if you get into a fight.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Nice Guys Finish Last

in WvW

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

They probably killed you because you were in your undies. It shows them you have no faith in your ability to pvp and therefore take your armor off because you already know you are going to lose if you get into a fight.

Uh, no.

They killed you simply because they could. They lured you into a false sense of security, then killed you for it, it has nothing to do with some ridiculous idea of them thinking you were insecure about your abilities. As a lot of people say “if it’s red, it’s dead”

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Nice Guys Finish Last

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

JP has an interesting dynamic. The whole area’s one big mexican standoff. I generally run off the premise avoid combat as much as possible, which isn’t that hard to do as a thief. But I can understand the frustration of other classes, especially once you get to the beast pit after the dark room. I wish Anet would add a non-event back gear that passively lights the area. Then we could use the wells to greater effect.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Nice Guys Finish Last

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

So you went into a PvP area and found some PvP.

I don’t understand the point of this thread.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained