Nice teamwork last night Kaineng!

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

I’m happy to report that things are looking up a little bit on Kaineng.

Our numbers continue to grow a little. I’m still not seeing any queues, but we are definitely starting to grow a bit. I measured everyone’s height with a pencil on the gate as they zoned in, and saw an average growth of about 2" when compared to last week.

Last night Delarme from [AI], Saarc and myself were on Team Speak talking about cornbread recipes or something when Delarme shouted “I have an idea!” We decided to bake cornbread another time, and rallied the forces as this sounded pretty urgent.

Before we knew it three guilds from the Kaineng United alliance ([AI], [RAWR] and [LaZy], about 30 people in all) had managed to capture Redlake, Red Water, and Shad, in Borlis Pass Borderlands, and even managed to steal an orb and defend it for a few hours.

Yes, I DID say about 30 people from 3 guilds (in all fairness, about 2/3 of which came from LaZy). If you guys have been following my posts for a while you’ll remember that the entire WvW community on Kaineng combined used to account for about 20 people at prime time.

But that’s not the most impressive part to me. What impressed me most was that while we were in BP doing this, Kaineng had other people / guilds running around taking back resources in two other zones at the same time. THAT was new.

Just one week ago we had to have everyone in WvW that was on be in one location at a time to do anything, and two weeks ago none of this would have been possible.

Of course BP was able to eventually rally a pretty impressive zerg of their own and steal our lunch money, but not before we were able to be witness signs of some really impressive progress on Kaineng.

I don’t want to get overconfident here, but if we keep this up, we may actually progress from 24th position in NA to 23rd by the end of the year. Blue keeps for Christmas! Make it happen Kaineng.

Good job to everyone involved last night. Nice teamwork.

Attachments:

(edited by Fubuki.7162)

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

BTW, I’ve gotten several messages this morning from people migrating to Kaineng. I know of at least 4 new guilds coming over to the server this weekend, which, if everything goes according to plan, should net us another 80+ people on in prime time by next week.

I encourage all of the new guys to hop over to the Kaineng United alliance web site hosted by LaZy and post on there letting us know who your WvW contacts are. We’re not perfect, but we do make efforts to work as a team and we’ll be happy to have you with us on our endeavors as well as supporting you on yours.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me in game. I’ll be on Broit.

See you on the battlefield!

in WvW

Posted by: THORz.2098

THORz.2098

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Just had a great battle a couple hours ago against Kaineng, you guys did not want to give up Longview for the longest time (I had the walled Trebbed down forever but we couldn’t push across the field) while back camping plenty of camps/towers.

I got a small 5 man group together and started grabbing those supply camps back and met up with another small group in the south to get those towers and pukitten north. Was good times.

Sad was after that DR decided to exploit siege equipment to protect one of their towers.

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

D’oh. All that and forgot to post the link. Thanks THORz.

in WvW

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

Last night was fun Next time lets build our siege well in advance of them getting to the Lord room hehe

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Morale will improve as the beatings continue.

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

Its definitely encouraging to see Kaineng start to get organized. We’ve delivered some real punishing defeats to Borlis and DR. Its just too bad we don’t have the numbers to hold what we do take.

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: aramina.2591

aramina.2591

Speaking as an evil Borlisian, I have to say, I have been super-impressed by how hard you guys on Kaineng fight, there may not be as many of you, but you all definitely fight until the bitter end

Aramina Eventide, Engineer
UV, Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I do want to shout out to DR for attempting to come on. I know you guys had short notice in what we were doing to join the fun and were thwarted before you could aquire that first tower, but it was a worthy showing.

I hope you guys get more organized on DR so you at least get all calls out.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

aramina you should join us

Kaineng has the

Best Cookies
Best Queues
Best Team

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

Don’t forget a beach and country club!

in WvW

Posted by: Lativado.2308

Lativado.2308

Nice to see how Borlis Pass went from dead last in a landslide matchup last week to actually winning. And the whole kaineng rallying numbers to compete with them is cool too.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

If I ever log on and see all our own stuff as blue, I think i’m going to be dreadfully confused.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Braveryd.3286

Braveryd.3286

As a member of Borlis Pass, I would like to say, well played. You guys had a few good pushes the other night.

Borlis Pass – Order of the Beard [OB]
“Strength, Honor, Beard”

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

A pretty fair start of the week, we’ve held our EB Keep since the game started, and are fairly ahead of DR in score.

Still holding our territory in EB now.

Attachments:

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: wdspeck.8723

wdspeck.8723

I was actually just wandering around the forums thinking about how bad I felt for Kaineng. Not in a condescending way, but because y’all aren’t in the best situation. But, after reading this, I can say I’m glad things are looking up for y’all!

Westleyy – Ranger Lanan – Thief
Northern Shiverpeaks
Argonauts of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Koega.8653

Koega.8653

Kaineng, you guys are definitely a force to reckon with. I’m on Fergusson’s [OMNI] and I gotta say, you definitely know how to utilize your siege equipment. I can’t tell you how much of a bloodbath we had on our end trying to take over your Overlook in EB and Pangloss Rise. I’ll have nightmares about that place now. Nice placement of the ballistas and arrow carts for crossfire coverage.

Keep up the good fight, I’ll see you out on the battlefield.

in WvW

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

I had the most fun I’ve had on WvW yesterday morning from about 5-9 am CST I was leading a strike group comprised of about 7 people when it was pointed out to me that none of our camps were being recaptured. At this point I rallied everyone in KB and we attack and took LV which we proceeded to hold for at least the remaining hours I was online. We even managed to get around a 30+ person zerg to attack the garrison because of a trebuchet assaulting LV and we successfully destroyed the outer gate and treb. While this was happening other groups were going around taking all the towers. By the time I logged off we owned everything in KB but the keeps. Great showing guys, and it wasn’t even prime time.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Yeah we finally lost pang when we only had about 8 people defending it. But our goal was complete, we managed to hold it long enough to get enough supplies into our keep to get some upgrades on it. My guild was the one that laid out the siege equipment, well one person in my guild laid the matrix so you can thank Thadren for that, too bad on your final flank we didnt have enough people to man it all.

But an upgraded camp is definatly worth defending, and pangloss is very defenseable.

And dont worry, you will be introduced to many a kaineng meatgrinder by the end of the week.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

So about 40 minutes ago we lost Overlook(our borderlands garrison/keep)

We held it since reset, so about 7 hours. Nice job guys! a fair lead on DR, we’ll see how it is in the morning.

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Alright, this is our week to move up a notch. Stop wasting time doing things like… sleeping. It’s 9:00am. Let’s get back to work.