Night Capping and YOU

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Saiconica.6780

Saiconica.6780

America and Europe needs to be seperated. This night zerging is totally killing WvW and it’s not even about tactics anymore. Just transfer to another server run with the 50+ zerg and cap everything without any defense. That cannot be the purpose of WvW.

So far Arena Net is doing nothing about it, pretty sad. Doesn’t really show that you care for the community. Might sound harsh but that’s how I see it.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Barattolino.3615

Barattolino.3615

The solution is simple, do not buy next expansion maybe something change.GW2 the worst game in recent years for rvr, totally no brain zerg.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Fattox.6234

Fattox.6234

My first thoughts when i encountered this problem were the same as someone on the first page…

Why not just implement a system where the cap for WvW scales based around the server with the least population in WvW? Currently it goes like:

Server 1 has 200 people in WvW.
Server 2 has 100.
Server 3 has 50.

So server 1 has by far the most dominance during the night, simply due to numbers.

ANet say they don’t think anyone should suffer just because they play at a different time than others, but at the moment (in this example), people on Server 3 would be suffering simply because their server has a low night-time presence. Whether this is due to lack of international players or a low population in general is besides the point. Losing your hard work during ‘balanced’ playtime hours is a kick in the nuts for anyone.

I’m not a fan of the ‘’stop USA people playing on EU servers", plus there are ways around that anyway. I think a better solution would be one that simply doesn’t allow people to enter WvW while their server is already outnumbering the enemy. The outmanned buff also doesn’t really make for a great fight when it’s 10 vs 40. Much better to simply balance the amount of feet on the ground. Lowering the cap dynamically would be no different to the standard cap that’s already in place, thus, it wouldn’t be “punishing” someone for playing during certain (E.G. night-time) hours by making them que while their team is already highly populated.

Night cappers are wrecking our WvW up all night currently and it makes WvW extremely boring when i’m forced to play during the hours where we are outnumbered 2/3:1, or worse. I’m sure a lot of people feel the same. ANet say they don’t think anyone should be punished for playing at a certain time, but if you’re in this situation, you are punished. Simple.

Just my opinion.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: EmperorOfDoom.4362

EmperorOfDoom.4362

Score:
http://i.imgur.com/7a0pp.jpg

Map:
http://i.imgur.com/4mvAY.jpg

American door killers:
http://i.imgur.com/ndpmb.jpg

*Playing out manned 5 to 50 is fun
*Losing everything upgraded and build during the day is fun
*Not being able to play WvW after 3:00 am is fun
*Having biased scoring because of night capping is fun

Signed,

Anet.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: komayo.2385

komayo.2385

I don’t midn the night capping… but well you say that we all should be able to enjoy the game and all of it’s content… and i totally get people only playing at night ( exactly my case…) what I can’t agree as a paying costumer is that I don’t get to experience wvw, because the diference in population is so huge that the whole world is painted in one colour, and you don’t get to even leave your starting keep without sneaking, or you’ll end up paving the snow with your dead body…. so What I ask is, is my time any precious, my money less important? ‘cause right now WvW is a nightmarish experience everytime I log on ( at night) ’cause there’s no people to play with in WvW /(yes,, i guess my server doesn’t care….) and even if they were, there would be nothing we could do.. since we’re totally outmaned… all we get to do is ninja some less protected points, only to find them overrun with enemies that will slaughter everything in their own path. wich takes me to another point… why have a game mechanic, where your skill is nto that important, only the number of people you run with matters in WvW, well That SUCKS!, even if I’m playing witht he bigger party… I don’t really feel like I did something usefull… all I did was shot some dudes with my scpeter with 5/10/20 more people….

And the worst part? you “force” us to go to WvW… for map completion ( LOL… I can dream about my last 1% since i won’t be getting it anytime soon), monthly score, etc… well don’t force people to play something that you’re still figuring out! How’s that for an improvement? At least fix that part of it… untill you figure out the rest.

Ohh and I know I could just switch servers.. but well my guild is a small Portuguese one ( mostly friends and people we find trough the server from our country) in this server with full upgrades( and from what I was told.. we don’t get to keep the updates we got, correct me if I’m wrong) so we’re not going anywhere… and well I would really like to be able to play WvW soon…

Anyway, keep up the Work… I won’t say good, ‘cause well right now this is a big issue for me, since I feel like I’m being left out of a game mechanic that I would really enjoy, all because you released it without thinking everything trough… and to me as a paying costumer THAT IS NOT GOOD WORK

Anyway, at least the rest of the game is OUTSTANDING! Kudus for you!

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: EnoLive.2367

EnoLive.2367

And there was me thinking that WvWvW was supposed to be all about Tactical PvP and not another form of PvE with the added hazard that you could be killed by a player.
I’ve only just come from this weeks WvWvW and to be honest the way I feel right now is totally conned from all the hype ArenaNet placed on this game.
They say they want everyone to enjoy the experience.
Well ArenaNet this is one night time player who is not enjoying the experience of wasting time and effort just to repair at a loss hell I can do that in PvE.
I know why they won’t change it they want people to buy the repair kits and revive orbs so that the only people who do get the benefit from WvWvW is those who use the cash up system.
Sorry what was their reply again I wasn’t listening

Co Leader & Founder “Privateers Uk” [PUK]
Gandara
Eno Live (Ele)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Saiconica.6780

Saiconica.6780

Signed,

Anet.

This is so so true.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

I had and idea that might be fun. When one server has less population then another at any given time they could have NPC’s come in and make up the difference. Say our server had 50 people fighting against one that has 100 on at the moment. you could have 50 NPC’s go in groups to do various objectives (even better if they could be controlled). Of course they would never be better then to have real players (NPC’s are dumb as we all know) but it would go a long way to make the game seem less empty and give a little help to the under manned server. Even if it just worked for harassing the other severs, and keeping them busy. On the flip side it would make it also less boring to be a winner so you would keep having stuff to do then wander around a empty won map.

Another idea would be when one server owns the entire map you could have an event happen to challenge them. Say a mass raid of ogres or even better a Dragon descends and starts destroying stuff. Would help with those blowout matches making things easier to retake and just more stuff to do and more fun for everyone.

Those are all way more work then just fixing the bugs, but something to think about in the future. Please fix bugs/hacks/exploits/bots/transfers/crashing first.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Uman.2197

Uman.2197

Supporters of nightcapping tactics. I wish you one. When you work or play – your wifes was nightcapping by other mans. Good luck loosers!

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

Whith the possiblity that American guilds join EU servers its simply impossible to make it balanced. How is a german server able to compete with an other EU servers with lots of american players on it capping everything at night. It is the same for every not english speaking server ( a few spanish and french exceptions), there is no reason for an american guild to join such a server.
If they wanted EU and US players to fight in WvW they wouldn’t have seperated the servers in WvW.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Not all supporters of night capping do it themselves. I am from Ehmry Bay. We have low night time presence. Nightcapping is still fine.

Your arguments all have absolutely nothing to do with night capping. They have everything to do with population imbalance. The time is completely irrelevant.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: komayo.2385

komayo.2385

Exactly, nightcapping isnt the issue… it is a constant war as Anet described.. And well human history teaches that nightcaping is just as a legit tactic as any other ( Trojan horse anyone???) my point is… there would be no need to build a trojan horse if there were only 2 people defending Troy! The greeks would just smack at the door with their huge army and get it done with ( yeahh Ancient wood is expensive :p , so why spend them building a horse!)

I think the NPC/monster events could help if given enough tought from the devs…. If the other servers had to worry about random atacks, at least they wouldn’t be able to gather as a huge army ’cause if they did that they would loose some points, wich would even the things a bit…

Guys stop the negative comments… this thread is supossed to help us improve the game… and I don’t see how bad and lame jokes about a statement that Anet did can help….

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Donswiftarm.8402

Donswiftarm.8402

Hi all i think one thing to make it better is to just add a supply camp to the start area next to the venders or gates on the maps as not having or trying to get supply when you have no camps is a big problem ……………..ty

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Saviolakos.6473

Saviolakos.6473

Hi,
My idea as a solution to this night-capping issue is :

1. Finish the free server transfers , where it can eliminate the server hoppers issue that some people do because they can’t stand losing in WvWvW and always wanna go with the winning side.
2. Control the accounts based on region they were bought. What I mean is that Americans have their servers to play and they shouldn’t go to play in european servers just cuz they can easily overtake what we have upgraded during the european prime time, when we are asleep. Several examples, most recent one, the canadian guilds that joined Arborstone server, or some other american guilds joining some european servers, playing when all they other are asleep.

I understand that this is a constant fight and that you can’t change the system for the night cuz it will create more problems that it may solve, but if you restrict the accounts to play at their original region, the so called night-capping will be reduced a lot in my opinion.
Now I understand that some may think that this will be bad because let’s say I have a friend that moved or lives in U.S. , why shouldn’t I be able to play with him if I live in Europe? I agree that this may be bad but thinking the night-capping I find it less worse. More and more people get frustrated over this and simply said stop playing cuz they find it FUTILE to try so hard to attack/defend/upgrade, just to lose when they are not there… or most are not there cuz this is the time region they live.

What you think of that, Anet?

Silveranna
The Oscure Brotherhood
Seafarer’s Rest

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Spacedad.2841

Spacedad.2841

Players should not be punished or unable to experience and view the same content as everyone else because they play at a different time.

I fail to see how player versus door is itself not a form of ‘punishment.’ Aren’t we playing this to fight other players over objectives? What’s fun about outnumbering your opponents because their time zones differ, and capping everything unopposed?

In a weird way, players who can only play during ‘nightcapping’ times are being ‘punished’ by being denied the enjoyable experience of fighting against evenly matched opponents – or in many cases, any opponents at all. This game needs some better structuring in how wvw works in fostering opponents to fight in battles. Nightcapping is not fun for anyone – especially the people doing the nightcapping.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Uman.2197

Uman.2197

Just made 2 pair of WvW when points go in Europe prime time and other in American prime time. So we have 2 list of top. Dayplayers and nightplayers. And it add twice place for players on WvW. Such way all can say about fair play. Becouse nightcappers play whith nightcappers and dayplayers play whith dayplayers.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Soulcheg.5048

Soulcheg.5048

SWTOR is waiting for NightcappingWars 2, somewhere out there, at the bottom.

ANet is killing this game slowly, but.. still killing.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Signed,

Anet.

This is so so true.

couldn’t agree more, a shame how they are killing the game with bad design decitions, maybe it’s funcom who is forcing a-net dooing this, so GW2 will loose players which then will buy the next mmo funcom releases.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: TheBlankBadge.4538

TheBlankBadge.4538

ArenaNet Developers and anyone with the ability to affect the game from the development side:

I am not here to whine and act like an entitled baby. I imagine you guys are working insanely hard during these hectic early launch months and between the launch and the Mad King Halloween Event you guys are probably barely getting enough sleep to qualify as biological creatures. I thank you immensely for your time and effort and I really do love Guild Wars 2.

That said while I believe you are working on solutions please put WvWvW towards the top of your priority list as it is one of the best aspects of the game that is getting absolutely destroyed by issues such as Nightcapping. It it simply not fun to be outnumbered all the time with no chance of fair play. The fact that many match-ups look like my own server’s (Maguuma) tells me this isn’t an isolated issue, and an inherent design problem.

There are excellent suggestions between the entitlement, garbage, and hate in this thread. I imagine they are expensive and extremely time-consuming to implement. I beseech you to do what you can anyway.

WvWvW is one of the aspects that will keep Guild Wars 2 and the long years of development on it worthwhile long after the initial launch rush has died down. It is one of the major aspects of the game that can keep it competing with other MMOs. To have morale on servers dip because not everyone has the time to stay up every night and make sure that the one other server whose members primarily come onto play whilst they sleep is KILLING the game. It’s killing it.

Please make some sort of formal and public commitment to improving WvWvW once the Halloween event is over. I love this game too much to see one of its best and most promising features die on the vine.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Panto.1390

Panto.1390

I bought this game for the WvW. At first it was fun. Challenging fights during the day and evening. But now it’s just ridiculous. During the day you have to try to capture back fully fortified keeps and towers which were ‘stolen’ from you at night, mostly undefended. Allowing NA→ EU transfers (or the other way around) is ruining the game a bit more every day. If this keeps up I suppose lots of people will leave the game.
Arenanet does not seem to be willing to listen to their players/customers. Hence the game and company deserve to fail. Sad, but true.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Nohno.8054

Nohno.8054

I really understand why this game is f2p. No way i would pay a monthly sub for this game.
Im playing this game for wvw, but its really hard to find the motivation, when all your build got capped in the night. This is not how wvw were ment to be!! And still you wont do anything about it?

And ppl thought thought this game would be the next big thing. The only big about this game is, it will be a flop like swtor.

Im just glad that i didn’t hype the game, so im not that disappointed.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Cetung Cetungos.1752

Cetung Cetungos.1752

what is happening currently on WvW becomes absurd and takes all the fun games.

Ranger lvl 80 [SURI] Far Shiverpeaks

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Griszek.9014

Griszek.9014

I’ve heard that some US guilds have moved to Europe servers in search of challenges – Is it a challenge for them to kill the gate?

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

IMO access to WvW should be restricted by region when U bought – register a game.

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Arsil.6305

Arsil.6305

Talking about WvWvW. This is pretty much the opposite of it.
This kind of situation is nothing but a lot of frustration.

(edited by Arsil.6305)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Firstly: It’s “war”, its round the clock and it is not intended to be “fair”.

That being said “night capping” is really just a population imbalance, and despite all the chest thumping and kitten – WvW essentially boils down to a numbers game…who has the biggest population for the longest period of time wins 9+/10 times. Sure small groups can be fun and effective, but frankly with the scale of 4 maps, 24hour/7 day matches they aren’t going to move the macro server score needle much imo. The psychology of the mmo gamer is that they like to “win” (forum code word is they want “competition”) and people act in self interest to achieve this desired goal (pile on when winning, xfer/play less when losing). The server scores are a measure of “winning” and impact player participation, compounding the above issues (winners get stable/more participation and losers get less), often creating snowball effects and score blowouts. Note: Of course their are die hards that play regardless – on every server, but as I stated above its a numbers game.

Areas to improve/tweak:

Gameplay:
-Some greater zerg busting options (orb/outmanned buff revamp etc, downed state?, aoe limits?)
-Global communication tools across/server/maps – fill one/two maps versus thin across all of them. Access to map status from PvE world.

Scoring Revamp:
Scale scoring to reflect opposition on map (holding assets when 1:1:1 should be worth more then holding assets when it is 5:1:0.5 This would limit the damage done during periods of population mismatches (from a macro score perspective), limiting snowball blowouts….thus hopefully encouraging more participation (more people = more fun!)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Samstein.5269

Samstein.5269

Talking about WvWvW. This is pretty much the opposite of it.
This kind of situation is nothing but a lot of frustration.

Not quite the opposite in my honest opinion.

At the time this was recorded I had just logged on to eternal battlegrounds , only to see that our enemies from desolation server had taken every keep and tower on the whole map and upgraded it to the teeth. There is no competition! They stood at our doorstep with ballistas and firing nonstop! This is the result from nightcapping.

I´d like to mention that Far Shiverpeaks is by no means a server that lacks any activity or organisation from alot of commanders and wvw guilds. The only problem is that Far Shiverpeaks doesn’t have the manpower to sustain any forts during the night. The only reason for that is because of people living in a completely different timezones chose to get online on Desolation instead of Far Shiverpeaks.

The situation from which you can see in the video ( im Samstein Af Towlson which you can spot in the vid) made me want to check the situation on NA servers so I transfered to the highest WvW ranked server Henge Of Denravi. I immediately looked up WvW and was HORRIFIED. Completely baffled I saw that Henge of Denravi only had 13k points and this server is #2 in points… The #3 was Eredon Terrace with 11k (also a high ranged WvW server) while the #1 server had over 300k and EVERYTHING capped on the map.

I asked around and the information that I was given is that Henge of Denrave used to have a really huge WvW community with thousands of members and Henge of Denrave never once lost a war always having an easy time with no competition so everyone got bored and moved to other servers. So there are several “dead” WvW servers and some WvW servers where everyone has gathered. Pretty broken if you ask me. Everytime some server is set up with 2 empty ones there is no competition and WvW has no value! This is killing the game. killing it. Players being able to swap servers every 24 hours.

One suggestion that I like is the one to balance the players that can be online on the borderlands on each server. BUT, I see a problem with it. There might be 50 guild members that want to play WvW on one server but no players on another server, why would we not let these 50 players not be able to play WvW?

Maybe a solution to this would be that there is also a balance on how many NA players there can be on a specific server (NA players going on EU servers and vice versa)? for example if there´s 100 NA accounts on a server and 0 on another you would only be able to transfer to the server with 0 NA players.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

It is result allowing US-Gulids …play on EU servers ( situation at 01:20 am UK time ). When EU is in deep sleep Americans ripping everything . PvDoors must be very challenging for them.
Still thinking so access to www should be restricted by region where U bought – register a game … ( still U can play in www when U back to Ur proper server in Ur’s region ) … any way is a pointless and unfair …

PS at the moment result of matches in EU region are not dependent from EU – register players,
( for example – Guild "Ruin Gaming " NA -currently on Desolation EU server – “Ruin” fair competition on EU matches )
what a ridiculous situation …
… but we are not a Americans so we are a 2nd category customers ?

Attachments:

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Belfagor Diabolos.1940)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Loke.1429

Loke.1429

Players should not be punished or unable to experience and view the same content as everyone else because they play at a different time. They too are paying customers.
This is not saying that we are against any adjustment to scoring, or against developing another mechanic to improve the capping system. This is simply saying that we will not be changing WvW based on some players’ idea of off time hours.

• Players need more rewards for WvW.
  • Players need to be given opportunities to break out of their base when they are trapped in by a wall of arrow carts.
  • Guilds need a better reason to claim and HOLD objectives.
  • Commanders need to be rewarded for their success and need to be able to reward their followers in turn.
  • And so and and so forth.

Sadly you are missing the main issue. Imagine playing on my server, where the night population in WvW is non existent, and during peak hours it’s full with queues (like most servers I presume). Now, if you can only play during peak like me, then you will usually get in with a minimal amount of patience, and experience fairly balanced teams. However, if you still want to play on my server, but you can only play during off-peak due to physical location, work hours and so on, then you’ll be met with 0 potential points in an unbalanced game with hardly any other players on your team – which means the exact opposite “experience”. I would probably never play WvW if I had to play off-peak.

Now to my main point, the reason I said that you are missing the main issue is that you are essentially just trying to incentivize players to play during the night (off-peak). Most people don’t really have that luxurious option. So it’s not really going to fix the problem itself.

The problem itself is that although a lvl1 versus lvl80 in WvW should be slightly unbalanced, Server 1 versus Server 2 versus Server 3 should be balanced at all times in terms of “server strength” in order for it to be enjoyable to people playing off-peak. What this means is that as I see it, you have a few options:

1 Either scale the potential points up for the server that is outnumbered so that the effect of night capping is much smaller

2 Or reduce the minimum amount of players to the server with the least players (so that it is actually balanced).

3 Or increase the difference between maximum players of servers during peak to even out the effect of night capping

4 Or simply make the outmanned buff so that players become more powerful, and can give some meaningful resistance during off-peak.

I do however agree that options 2 and 3 are quite bad choices. My personal favourite is 4, if it is implemented correctly: for example higher attack/health but not healing or something clever like that. There should also be other options that I can’t think of right now.

PS: I love you ANET.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Griszek.9014

Griszek.9014

no.4 is interesting, but similar solution was implemented in WoW during Wintergrasp battles, and unfortunately, doesn’t worked.
In fact only real solution is separation

… or weaker gates to increase “challenge” of killing them

(edited by Griszek.9014)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Knaus.3901

Knaus.3901

Anet: We feel that everyone should have the ability to contribute no matter what time of the day it is.

1. That is not even possible as it is now.

Anet: How we’ve came to this conclusion is that no player’s time is more valuable than another.

1. That’s true no question about that.

Anet: Players should not be punished or unable to experience and view the same content as everyone else because they play at a different time.

1. Find this one interesting, you don’t want to punish players who can’t play at “EU peak hour” but still you punish the servers who don’t have night capers. US players should not be allowed on EU servers for that reason and the latency reason! Whats the point of having North American/ EU servers when they don’t play at their own servers?

Anet: They too are paying customers.

1. So are we….

Anet: This is simply saying that we will not be changing WvW based on some players’ idea of off time hours.

1. That’s just BULL, so now you call the community “some players” Get you head out of the cracker and look at the statistics and you will see the real deal. More or less every match up will have one servers dominate due too night capers. So this is not a NEVER ending battle, the battle is over when a server have the entire maps for more then two nights.

Attachments:

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: LoneCrow.6912

LoneCrow.6912

Well the rest of the people suffer who play at other times. Unless they balance it out somehow you’ll see more and more people leave the game. Because once you hit 80 the only real fun is pvp. WvW is the most fun when it is balanced but the way it stands the past few weeks I’ve noticed a huge decline in people playing. Ihaven’t had to wait in a queue in weeks, and quite frankly I’m looking at other multiplayer games instead.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I guess you guys didn’t read the “Small Update” thread recently.

ANet said the are working on something to help a server who gets completely shut down on a map.

They know being trapped in your spawn sucks, and while they aren’t ready to talk about it yet they seem to have some ideas on how to fix that.

Why are you guys still complaining and arguing in this thread? I expected it to die and wither away.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Unidentified.8329

Unidentified.8329

Can someone from ANet actually explain what you consider as night capping?

I think non EU people capping place during their day time while it is night time at EU should not be called night capping. Because they have more active people during their day time and it’s easier to upgrade/cap/build siege during their day time.

And if you call that night capping why eu and usa have different server match ups? It should not matter anymore right? since those server have gone “international”. Why not just bunch up everything together and hope servers without “night cappers” can actually find decent/same level match ups.

It’s hard to get anything done if other server can have almost maxed number 24/7 and get chance to freely “night cap” every orb, every place, build up siege, upgrade freely.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Veles.5289

Veles.5289

WvW is dying and tons of players already left, good job ArenaNet, really good job.

This topic was opened a month ago and some wise people knew which sort of problems will the current scoring system bring even before this silly response went out and ArenaNet did not do anything about it.

(edited by Veles.5289)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Bobbi.6801

Bobbi.6801

This crap is ruining WvW for me and apparently my entire server!

We have been fighting uphill against nightcappers since release, and always tried to win by skill and tactics. At day we did. But it simply does not matter! the night counts twice as much because of free reign to not only take EVERYTHING, but also super easy to upgrade everything!

Capping at night shouldnt give more of an advantage over capping at day!!!

I’ve seen a huuuge decline in wvw players on my server the last days because now we got a new matchup, and guess what? these guys have even more nightcappers! no one bothers any more. Me included. I bought this game because of WvW. and Anets stance on this ruins the entire game for me! im considering quitting atm. And i certainly wont buy any more gems until Anet change their opinion on this crap!……

AMD FX-8350 @5Ghz |Radeon HD 7970GHZedition|16gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram|OCZ agility 3 120gb|Gigabyte UD3

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: LoneCrow.6912

LoneCrow.6912

This is starting to turn out like Warhammer which started out fun and then turned into nothing more than people going to get points and ignoring tactics and actual strategy.. Mindlessly follow someone who was lucky enough to get 100 gold because he must be a good leader.

EU / US servers absolutely need to be separated. I can’t even comprehend how stupid of a person would have to be to even think of setting up a system like that, latency alone.

Major footholds NEED fixed (no cost) siege weapons that END the spawn camping. It should also give a small advantage (maybe only 2 trebs) for helping take down the nearest base’s walls to help stimulate recapture and defense on their side.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

WvW is Guild Wars 2’s end game content, IMO. I really hope they are looking into viable solutions to server balance. This not only affects a player’s wvw experience, it affects the ability of guilds being able to maintain it’s ranks. My guild is barely 4 weeks old and the constant lack of balance has already frustrated the majority of my PvP group we’ve had for over 7 years on Guild Wars 1. Night capping, Oceanic Presence, free server transfer or whatever the issue is really irrelevant. BALANCE is the key here! If you cannot initiate a balance in WvW mechanics, this end game content will be the undoing of everything you’ve tried to accomplish with an otherwise outstanding game.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The heart of the night capping issue is that day is divided in 3 time zones:

1. Team A + B + C have peak hours. Fighting is equal, everyone is having fun playing PvP.
  2. Team A + B hit the bed, but Team C has night team to conquer the land. Team C is having fun playing PvE.
  3. Team C insomniacs hit the bed. Land stays conquered for team C until next peak hours.

If we eliminate score gains from the 3rd time zone, the scores would not get so skewed in Team C’s favor.

So how about nodes only stay captured for limited amount of time?

We already have NPCs attacking supply camps, but the guards always defeat the NPC attackers.

Let’s tune the attacks so that player assistance is required to keep the supply camp. Extend the attacks to also hit towers, keeps and the castle.

This would also level the ground for uneven teams as the most dominant team would have to spread forces to maintain conqured areas.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: lin.2814

lin.2814

Get 24/7 coverage or play in tier4-6.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: HulkaGem.2568

HulkaGem.2568

define night capping in a global game :P

Mjdeathless – Necromancer
Kopiousiudai – Thief
Canadian Pizza – Warrior

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Yes, ANet’s stance is that they are unwilling to do anything about night capping because they can’t.

Right now Team C night team players’ time is more valuable score wise.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

Wrong. ANet are “unwilling to do anything about night capping” because there is nothing wrong with it. They want a 24/7 wuvwuv game and that’s what they have. If you have a problem with it then I’ll suggest a solution, change your sleeping schedule.

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“Wrong. ANet are “unwilling to do anything about night capping” because there is nothing wrong with it.”

There being nothing wrong with it is what you and ANet decided, the players see it quite different, as countless posts on this forum prove. Nightcapping and population imbalance are one and the same and its killing the WvW for 2 out of 3 servers. 2012 seems to be the year of great games and great failures due to developers or executives like this Matt Winter or Jay Wilson not acknowledging the problems and instead making shady arguments that could support either position anyways. We had this in Star wars, we had it in D3 and we have it in GW2 now. Better start taking the players serious…

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

the only solution for “nightcapping” is to remove the area reference (EU/NA and so on) along with a complete server wipe by forcing the players to (re-)pick a new server.

that and only that way you’ll have 24/7 coverage on all servers. still some more some less, but overall way more balanced than right now.

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Sure there is something wrong when EU servers are asking NA WvW guilds to transfer to them.

As ANet put it no player’s time is more valuable than another. Those playing at the beginning of off peak hours gain more score for their server than others.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

No, what’s killing WvW is fickle players who only play for a stupid scoreboard and give up when they can’t “win.”

Night capping is only a problem because players are more concerned with points than the perks of having 24/7, round the clock, WvW.

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Korgov.7645

the only solution for “nightcapping” is to remove the area reference (EU/NA and so on) along with a complete server wipe by forcing the players to (re-)pick a new server.

that and only that way you’ll have 24/7 coverage on all servers. still some more some less, but overall way more balanced than right now.

You are forgetting language based servers. The German players come from the same time zone.

There is also latency issue when you are playing on server located far away.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Night Capping and YOU

in WvW

Posted by: EnoLive.2367

EnoLive.2367

Simple solution:
Kill WvWvW and make it GvGvG.
Lets face it the game name is Guild Wars Not Server Wars.
Problem solved

Co Leader & Founder “Privateers Uk” [PUK]
Gandara
Eno Live (Ele)