Night capping - final solution

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

@Sin.4130
U have to understand something:
a lot of servers have good community’s, and in this community’s U have EU, NA and OZ players who are integral part of them , so why after 1,5 year from game release U want to ban this players from playing with friends and to be a part of community’s what they help to build ? Just because they have different IP?

Integral part in the future or since 15hours or since 3 month, i.e. the time where FSP went up 6 ranks due to a NA night-shift?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/NUDE-A-NA-guild-on-an-EU-server/3464889

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

National servers are absolutely great idea. I see those matches Poland vs UK, Spanish vs Germany etc. absolutely brilliant.

German vs German (with the very rare highlight of German vs German vs German) was always much much better than anything else.

Btw. I heard that Blacktide is mostly polish, but looks like they only farm PvE, and do not play much WvW.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

National servers are absolutely great idea. I see those matches Poland vs UK, Spanish vs Germany etc. absolutely brilliant.

German vs German (with the very rare highlight of German vs German vs German) was always much much better than anything else.

Could be, like Borussia D vs Bayern M.

in WvW

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’m actually surprised that at this point, ANet hasn’t officially broken down the servers by region and/or language. While you wouldn’t have to join any given server, it would define for new players which server speaks which language and what time zone players are typically playing. Just seems like it would be common sense to have that setup.

And again the PPT model works fine in PvP, fights are short and it details the winner fine. However in large scale, 24/7 battles, it’s got to be the worst model.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in WvW

Posted by: River Willow.6721

River Willow.6721

You are probably better off locking this thread, because it’s started, again, with the mentality, “I AM AMERICAN and no other place in the world should exist”.

The ignorance of the OP and other supportive posters is utterly staggering, but one the rest of the world that DOES exist out side of the " mighty " United States of America are used to by now.

Please tell me those of you that are supportive of the OP, why is your time worth more then those of other time zones out side of the “mighty” United States of America?

It’s clear from the first few posts that the OP is on an EU server complaining about NA players ruining his fun. It might have been better to ask for a thread lock to keep from embarrassing yourself in front of the whole community. Apparently, illiterate bigots reside in all time zones.

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

You are probably better off locking this thread, because it’s started, again, with the mentality, “I AM AMERICAN and no other place in the world should exist”.

The ignorance of the OP and other supportive posters is utterly staggering, but one the rest of the world that DOES exist out side of the " mighty " United States of America are used to by now.

Please tell me those of you that are supportive of the OP, why is your time worth more then those of other time zones out side of the “mighty” United States of America?

It’s clear from the first few posts that the OP is on an EU server complaining about NA players ruining his fun. It might have been better to ask for a thread lock to keep from embarrassing yourself in front of the whole community. Apparently, illiterate bigots reside in all time zones.

It might of been, but seeing as the only the 2nd post references EU, out of the first few posts, it would be fair to say it could of been taken the way I took it, but rather than sling a personal insult at them I generalised, unlike yourself. But on what you said yes they do, but at the end of the day I would ask you forgive those that live out side of the area you are in and have differing views to yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Why not join an NA server and become part of the night watch?
Language is rarely an issue, NA has people that speak Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, Thai, English and probably plenty more.

in WvW

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

It’s called freedom. Maybe some of you heard about this. I enjoy my freedom to play the game, how I want, where I want, the times I want and with the people I want.
The fact this topic of “people playing when I don’t” threads have come up on a regular basis is to me insulting.

I enjoy meeting others from around the world. It makes the game feel big and awesome. My guild as members from all around the world and because some can not handle the fact other people exist outside their home town, that the entire game needs to evolve around them is getting real tiring.

Its not even a debate anymore, this as been talked about to death since Beta. Anet is not going to cater to a few people that have no understanding of what World vs World and a 24/7 battlefield game play format is all about.

Instead of closing doors, should be asking to open doors. I am still waiting for the guesting system to allow cross region server guesting, like we had before the guesting system took it away from us, in the name of lag.

Locking others out of a server for simply speaking another language or live in another part of the world is Discrimination. Also what about all the workers or soldiers around the world, who want to play with their friends and family back home. Yeah, “F those guys” in a war zone fighting for your right to play a video game without worrying about, someone coming to murder you.

“It’s not fair, Night Capping”.

Yeah, think before you speak out against others who do not play the exact times you do, during “Prime Time”. There is no Prime Time, only our fun time. Long live the freedoms Anet as given us to play the game.

- North American Player, logging into GW2 everyday, at all hours of the day.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

(edited by Leohan.1096)

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Night capping is the most annoying thing in GW2, I don’t believe there are many ppl from one time zone who whish to play all night, so few ppl from other continentals just putting fun from game in wrong direction.

MY solution:
ANet do not allow for intercontinental transfers!, it will revival game fun in great way

Your solution fails, because Australians and Asians also play on American and EU servers.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Leohan.1096

@ Leohan.1096
This is just a game and supposed to be fun, wake up American boy, look for life In Real World, Problem is only in one GW2 mode which is called WVW and devs should look for night capping issue best solution.

That is the whole point, I am having fun, at all times of the day. Just because you go to sleep. Does not mean my time and points should be reduced, helping my server.
I enjoy the freedom to play the game how I see fit.

Region locking everyone out because they are not from a far superior country, with superior language. Just because your server can not be bothered to try. If you want 24 hour coverage and being competitive at all hours of the day, join the top 6 servers.

Night Capping is not an issue, your WvW community on your home server is the issue.

The suggestions made in this topic in support of putting everyone in a server by country your playing from, is what is wrong with some gamers mindsets. If you do not enjoy a 24/7 PvE/PvP format = WvW, there is Heart of Mists for you to cap things in a 15 minute per match format as well.

What are the people going to say, when people like me at 4 am in the morning are capping things in U.S.A [English Only] server. That there needs to be time zone only servers? U.S.A PST [English]? I am still going to cap all your stuff at 4 am. Nothing changes. But reducing the potential points?

So because I am not a normal person who wakes up at 9am and goes to bed at 5pm like yourself. My time and effort should be punished and looked down upon, as some sort of leech and scum.
There may not be 100 people on the map at all times, but we still have to earn and defend our stuff against same amount of people 20 vs 20 vs 17.

How is artificial points that have no real meaning from week to week, ruin your fun? Are you having fun when in WvW? Then logging in back to the game because a tower when gone was taken, is the worst plague since black death?

This is not just a game. This is an MMO that allows for communities to grow and make lasting friendships. If you can not see past the captures and kills, then there is always Call of Duty, to play just a game.

Again take a look at your own WvW community, on your home server and ask why you are still there. If this not having coverage at night is ruining your fun.

(edited by Leohan.1096)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

When did people start taking pixels so seriously, I’ll break it down for those QQing so you can try and get a good night sleep.

This is a game, if you lose a tower your life will not end.
Gold is a fictional currency, if you spend it upgrading and the tower is lost your bank account is not affected.
The PPT is a fictional scoreboard, it does not mean your winning real life.
If you lose all your towers/keeps/camps over night it will give you something to do tomorrow.

Get over it, enjoy the time you are in game playing, let other enjoy the time they are in game playing. I’m not Euro/Oceanx but its shocking how narrow minded/ignorant many NA ’s in this thread are. Its hard to grasp for many but …. the world does not revolve around you.

in WvW

Posted by: Tenebrous.2451

Tenebrous.2451

@Leohan

If WvW is “artificial points that have no real meaning from week to week,” then what does it matter if those points are reduced at certian time. After all, those points are meaningless according to you.

Thursday Tenebrous – Necro * Sunday Tenebrous – Hunter
Tenebrous Fivetree – Guardian
Zelots of Shiverpeaks (ZoS) – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Why do people insist on saying that its “unfair” to balance score by population, they are people playing the same game you are and are just as much worth as primetime peeps!

Well duh.

That’s why all keeps capped without opposition should reward less points towards the server score. This has to do with the points the server get. Not what players get. They would still get the same kitten gold award and the same kitten karma and silver.

It doesnt matter if 20 people cap a keep defended by 3 people in under 1 minute in the middle of the bloody night or if 50 people cap a keep defended by 10 people in under 2 minutes in the middle of primetime. Both scenarios should consider the capping server to have taken a keep without much opposition.

We really need some way to balance individual capping score based on tier and forces.

I’ve suggested removal of ppt before, but here is another incredibly simple idea:

Local outmanned buff keep affecting NPCs too. If a keep is contested and the keeplord from contest to death has been outmanned… The keep is worthless for ppt during say 10-20 ticks or something. It dont count, period. If recapped, the same rule is applied and tested. You capped it unopposed or with very little opposition. You still get all the loot, all the player score and can upgrade it to T3 at will to prevent the enemy from retaking it if you want. It just wont begin to count as a scored keep until hours later.

in WvW

Leohan.1096

@Leohan

If WvW is “artificial points that have no real meaning from week to week,” then what does it matter if those points are reduced at certian time. After all, those points are meaningless according to you.

Then reduce all points at all hours of the day. The points do not matter I have fun , win or lose. Its the sinuation that because I am not fighting in 50 vs 50 zergs like a bot, that some how my time is worthless while in WvW, for simply fighting smaller battles later night and not when all the kids from school get home.

Why should our hard earned fight to take a tower, at 4am not be just as vital to the war effort, than the person playing at 4pm?
My server at night fight tooth and nail to hold and keep our stuff for the Day shift to get back. It is not the WvW overall communities fault your servers can not handle or even be bothered to try.
Take a look within your servers communities instead of blaming the game mechanics for your losing and not having any fun.

My server is not a winning server and yet we have fun, and laugh off things when stuff goes bad and we get rolled over. We do not ask Anet to please cater to my play time, because of someone else playing the game when I log off.

Dawdler.8521 post above mine. +1 to you.

“That’s why all keeps capped without opposition should reward less points towards the server score. "

If the game mechs are going to change with WvW, then it should effect everyone at all hours of the day. This is a real solution that, Dawdler.8521 as brought up. Thank you.
Not reducing points for 12 hours a day, or region locking people out because they are not pure blood.

(edited by Leohan.1096)

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

@ Leohan.1096
This is just a game and supposed to be fun, wake up American boy, look for life In Real World, Problem is only in one GW2 mode which is called WVW and devs should look for night capping issue best solution.

There is no night capping.

When it’s night for you it’s day for somebody else, when you sleep, somebody else is awake. You can not expect them to adapt to your rhythm of life.

in WvW

Tenebrous.2451

@Leohan

let me rephrase: If you say the points don’t matter why does it then matter if they reduce yours? After all the points don’t matter, yes?

Let me answer a question of yours by quoting you:

“Why should our hard earned fight to take a tower, at 4am not be just as vital to the war effort, than the person playing at 4pm?”

“How is artificial points that have no real meaning from week to week, ruin your fun? Are you having fun when in WvW? Then logging in back to the game because a tower when gone was taken, is the worst plague since black death?”

And how is a server that does not have a large night population “not trying”? They just lack people that play at that time.

(edited by Tenebrous.2451)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I get a lot of hate when I have said this in the past; but it’s the only true answer to this.
When you face a server that dominates you in off-hours coverage and they win the matches due to this; you have three options:

1) Make the most of the times you are on, remaining secure in that your WvW experience is as enjoyable for yourself as possible.

2) Stay up later / get up earlier and focus on PPT

3) Transfer to a server with better coverage

Every other solution penalizes someone who paid for the game just like you did.

in WvW

Leohan.1096

@Leohan

let me rephrase: If you say the points don’t matter why does it then matter if they reduce yours? After all the points don’t matter, yes?

Let me answer a question of yours by quoting you:

“Why should our hard earned fight to take a tower, at 4am not be just as vital to the war effort, than the person playing at 4pm?”

“How is artificial points that have no real meaning from week to week, ruin your fun? Are you having fun when in WvW? Then logging in back to the game because a tower when gone was taken, is the worst plague since black death?”

And how is a server that does not have a large night population “not trying”? They just lack people that play at that time.

Nice hand picking of quotes taking what I say out of context through out the multiple paragraphs, giving an overall statement on my stance on this matter, masterful.

The points do not matter, its the fact the Prime Time master race, think they are more special than others. Or we should region lock everyone out of the game and put everyone in their place row by row. U.S.A only, Australia Only, Germany Only, China Only. That everyone should keep to their own and not associate with others outside their own countries. This type of thought process is showing blatant prestigious and in inherent racism towards the Guild Wars 2 community, I do not agree with some people here.

If points really don’t matter.
Fine all points at night should double and day time points should be reduced to half, because fighting in 50 man zerg takes no effort. sarcasm

Look I just think if the mechanics change in WvW it should apply to everyone, not make a sub-set of people feel better about themselves because they keep losing battles.

(edited by Leohan.1096)

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

Lol people still care about PPT?

-Drums

in WvW

Chris.3290

Apparently. Not having those numbers and the jumble of transfers caused by the Season is spreading 3utthurt really thick on a lot of bread.

in WvW

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

Apparently. Not having those numbers and the jumble of transfers caused by the Season is spreading 3utthurt really thick on a lot of bread.

I know my server because of the seasons has lost more than half its wvw guilds there’s only like 2-3 left : (

and its showing we haven’t won in months it feels like

in WvW

Chris.3290

I know my server because of the seasons has lost more than half its wvw guilds there’s only like 2-3 left : (

and its showing we haven’t won in months it feels like

Don’t you want to hunt those guys down and ask if their limited use finishers were worth it?

in WvW

Posted by: Hutch.5174

Hutch.5174

Yes, ROF makes at last half of thier points at night, no wonder you see it as you wrote.

Against BT maybe, but that only means we have some coverage during night and day. And BT just during day. If you look on our last matchup every day from about 7pm GMT rof started to gain points and morning we lost some points, but not much and mostly we were still leading.
And we are in same situation now with RoS. And also you would probably want to check BT income this week. Very interesting too.

SO back to nightcapping. The only true solution is to get more players to your server. Only way how to do it is lower transfer cost to BT. But how is BT still Very High population even that BT is now T9 server? You should have enought people if you are very high and no nighcapping solution will solve it.

You are wrong, it is not only points, but due to night capping you have all T3 borders at morning, you think this is fair start for “normal” hours of playing?. I have nothing against night owls, but few other time zones guilds – it is just too much for fair play.
There are many national servers here in EU – this is great BTW- (DE, FR) what Yankee ” hero” guild will join them?

As of now, RoF holds now US guild groups, the only night shift we have consists of myself and around 6-7 other EU players

Hutch- PUGS representative of Ring Of Fire
#RoFsBestGiggle
Member of the prestigious Border Hopper Defense Force

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I don’t understand why simply making defending points more valuable than attacking them wouldn’t solve this problem? Off-hours, the coverage allows them to cap everything without resistance. But if capping everything gave less of a reward than the outnumbered holding onto only a few things, wouldn’t this resolve the problem?

At prime time would this make it so no one ventured outside of their keeps and they wouldn’t want to attack stuff?

What if PPT decayed so things were only worth a few points for the first couple hours and worth nothing after that? If you wanted more, you’d have to attack something new or defend something for the defender events etc.

in WvW

Tenebrous.2451

Nice hand picking of quotes taking what I say out of context through out the multiple paragraphs, giving an overall statement on my stance on this matter, masterful.

It is not my fault your position is contradictory. If the points don’t matter then why focus on the unfarenss of a point change. How is the distribution of something with no meaning a matter of fairness? How would changing of points spoil your fun if you do not care about points? Your position would only make sense if points are a relivant aspect of the game.

(edited by Tenebrous.2451)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What if PPT decayed so things were only worth a few points for the first couple hours and worth nothing after that? If you wanted more, you’d have to attack something new or defend something for the defender events etc.

Unless you revamp defense ticks scoring, that’s not going to work at all because a vastly superior server will simply cap a keep, have it for the ppt duration, then abandon it and let it be taken by the enemy. Open the doors, sort of speak. When that’s done, they just cap it again with ease and rake in the ppt.

This is already happening in a way for karma trains. 60 people roll in and take your garrison, you take it back with 6 people wondering where the kitten those 60 went, the second the timer goes out they are of course back for XP/karma/loot because they know you cant defend against them. Of course this isnt done for ppt, just personal score. Still, the point is that players exploit everything.

Anyway, here’s another idea:

Fixed points per keep based on how well its been “supplied”. Each dolly arriving to a tower, give it more “worth”. Each defense tick (assuming players are in the keep) take away “worth”. For example:

A keep is worth 10 points to whoever cap it. A dolly come and deliver 50 supply or whatever they load up with. The keep is now worth 15 points to whoever cap it. Etc and so on. Each defense tick (5 mins?) remove 5 points. Each upgrade tier add 10 points to its worth, but also give half of those points to the server for upgrading it (sort of like a “we gave you 5 points that its up to you to defend or the enemy take the points away!”). If the keep is capped, its worth is obviously reset and the process repeats.

Its exactly equal conditions for both day and night shift. The more you defend a higher tier keep, the more points you get out of it in the end.

So many simple ideas… So never going to see any improvement at all to WvW scoring.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Don’t forget to add the timezone difference even within regions. How many hours does NA west and eastcoast differ for example? West/East europe? And that’s now even mentioning people who don’t live in either NA or europe.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in WvW

Leohan.1096

It is not my fault your position is contradictory. If the points don’t matter then why focus on the unfarenss of a point change. How is the distribution of something with no meaning a matter of fairness? How would changing of points spoil your fun if you do not care about points? Your position would only make sense if points are a relivant aspect of the game.

It is not my fault you only read what you want, and pick and choose, the words you can understand.
My posts have an over arching statement being made.

Let me put this in terms you can understand, make this one short.

Your server Northern Shiverpeaks, is to good. Your server now only earns half potential points. While the others do not. Why? Because its not fair, you have more population and a night shift. Now have fun, knowing you do not matter anymore. As your server is automatically going to lose, just to give the lazy servers a chance.

Some servers are competitive because they have a night shift and no day shift.
I mean why not just delete all but the top 9 servers because, apparently a few people log out of the game at night.

Or even shut down WvW until the mighty self important players log back in.

I will say again the points to me do not matter to me, I have fun win or lose. Its the plain hard fact, people suggesting that crippling and bashing others hands because the have the audacity, to play the game without them.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

‘Stop living in a different time zone to me! You’re violating my game mode!!’

This basically sums up the grumbling in this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I don’t get how this topic is even debatable.

Final solution: keep it as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Because in war, every side calls a time out to go to sleep right? It’s the same way I view spies and people who try to sabotage their server.

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

This is not a night capping problem, this is a coverage problem (as many of you have guessed correctly).

With all servers in a match having equal numbers of people available at all times, there are no problems. When one or two servers have lower numbers than others, you’re gonna have a bad time.
The solution to this is simple and I believe it has been talked about in the Collaborative Development threads but here’s my take on it:

Lock the points per tick to the numbers of active players.

How do you do this? Well, for every interval between the ticks, you measure the average number of players in WvW for all three servers. The server with the lowest number during that interval gets the full points per tick. Now imagine the other servers have 1,5 and 2 times as many people in WvW on average compared to server one, this leads to server 2 receiving 1/1,5 times the amount of points they would usually gain and server 2 accordingly 1/2 the amount of points they would get.

This would also lead to more pressure on notorious AFKers and gives night capping less impact.
However, I’m not familiar with the technical aspect of this, it’s up to the devs whether or not this is viable.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

The thread title is a bit misleading considering the lack of discussion concerning WWII Germany and their plans of that era.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

This entire discussion is kittened.

“Nightcapping” is completely relative to where you live. I’m from Australia, so that means players in EU prime or NA early morning are nightcapping.

Complaining about nightcapping is complaining that the entire world doesn’t live in one single timezone and operate on the same schedule. It’s blatantly kittened and arguing that there should be more or less points given or whatever your solution based on your timezone is blatantly childish and selfish. This kind of attitude is the self-centered “Me me me! The world revolves around me and mine!” attitude of children.

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Don’t think time zone and don’t penalize people for trying to have a good time wherever they live.

BUT. . . .

Do acknowledge difficulty and that applies in all time zones.

When you dominate the total number of people in WvW at ANY time, there should be a penalty based on the relative ease of taking points.

When there are a LOT of people playing in WvW at ANY time, there should be a bonus to points because comparatively speaking there just is more of a challenge.

In short, somehow the system should reward epic victories and limit the value of winning with a blob against an unmanned map.

For my Aussie friend above, if you have a small team take SMC in the middle of the night considering there are quite a lot of NPCs, that would indeed be an accomplishment that a camp would not be. Likewise, if that camp is defended even if both teams are relatively small, that is an accomplishment.

Easiest way would be map population. NOT total numbers but balance.

1) 50% WxP (no meaningful competition at all)
2) 66% WxP (you are dominating but there is competition)
3) 100% WxP (normal)
4) 133% (you are the one being dominated but there is competition)
5) 150% (you are the one taking anything when you are massively dominated)

It should be more of a bell curve than even.

Little groups taking control points when there are big groups on the map should benefit more.

Just create a buff icon to show the status. Check every 15 minutes.

Hope that leads to people going to find the best fight they can during whatever time they play and less primetime: THEY are taking Map 1 so WE should take Map 2.

Now it wouldn’t depend on what time you play at all, so long as you are playing against competition.

As for “don’t penalize me just because no one is on”, well you aren’t being penalized. You probably can take a whole lot more of the map

in WvW

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

This is not a night capping problem, this is a coverage problem (as many of you have guessed correctly).

With all servers in a match having equal numbers of people available at all times, there are no problems. When one or two servers have lower numbers than others, you’re gonna have a bad time.
The solution to this is simple and I believe it has been talked about in the Collaborative Development threads but here’s my take on it:

Lock the points per tick to the numbers of active players.

How do you do this? Well, for every interval between the ticks, you measure the average number of players in WvW for all three servers. The server with the lowest number during that interval gets the full points per tick. Now imagine the other servers have 1,5 and 2 times as many people in WvW on average compared to server one, this leads to server 2 receiving 1/1,5 times the amount of points they would usually gain and server 2 accordingly 1/2 the amount of points they would get.

This would also lead to more pressure on notorious AFKers and gives night capping less impact.
However, I’m not familiar with the technical aspect of this, it’s up to the devs whether or not this is viable.

Why convoluted it so much? Keep it simple.

Lose the point cycle timer and keep it to player kills, flips and event success.

This way even if an overnight server could cap everything it wouldn’t bust the spread as wide. Servers with better day coverage would have the chance to catch up.

I seriously doubt people will “just not play” to keep their advantage. Besides you could give points for walking Dolyaks and capturing Ruins if that were to be an issue.

It would also change the dynamic of the zerg mentality. A blob of 30 trying to take a keep tower castle or whatever, against defenders would really rack the points up in player death alone.

Fights, even small ones would mean more too. It be an entirely different mentality.

Let points count based on that and not how long you hold something, how anyone ever thought that would balance out and be good for a 24/7 massive battle is beyond me.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Fact #1: People who do not fight against other people are rewarded as much as those who do fight against other people, including in even numbers or even against the odds.

Fact #2: That is not fair large-scale PvP. It is at best an outdated, turn of the century, twisted idea of fair large-scale PvP.

Fact #3: Anet does not care. They haven’t since the game launched. They won’t because implementing something like that would involve caring about the game and investing less on the shinny PvE carrot-in-a-stick, while it would not bring back many WvWers who feel disrespected by Anet.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

If there’s any solution to this “nightcapping” it’s simply, remove wxp rewards for structures and up the points for killing other players. Other then that it’s just plain silly.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah…. remove the PPT and Total Score from player’s view. ANET should keep it for themselves, and use it to determine the next match up.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

yeah…. remove the PPT and Total Score from player’s view. ANET should keep it for themselves, and use it to determine the next match up.

Is this a joke ? Do we play the same game ? Would you actually trust Anet to do this ?

It would end up being something like DR/BG/BP, followed by Devon telling us “Our internal testing determined this would be the most balanced matchup”, they can’t even get a Queue working correctly kitten .

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Is this a joke ? Do we play the same game ? Would you actually trust Anet to do this ?

It would end up being something like DR/BG/BP, followed by Devon telling us “Our internal testing determined this would be the most balanced matchup”, they can’t even get a Queue working correctly kitten .

you worry too much

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t think anyone is asking for battlegrounds to be locked down or anything.

But it would just be nice is the scoring system reflected the fact that what 1000 people fought for during prime-time isn’t negated by a dozen people late at night.

Points per tick just isn’t a great system and night-capping is just one of those reasons.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Fact #1: People who do not fight against other people are rewarded as much as those who do fight against other people, including in even numbers or even against the odds.

Fact #2: That is not fair large-scale PvP. It is at best an outdated, turn of the century, twisted idea of fair large-scale PvP.

Fact #3: Anet does not care. They haven’t since the game launched. They won’t because implementing something like that would involve caring about the game and investing less on the shinny PvE carrot-in-a-stick, while it would not bring back many WvWers who feel disrespected by Anet.

Off topic but:

You just gotta love these type of people.

I remember when back in the day I used to play TF2 (Team Fortress 2). We had a dozen people like this in our community. Those who ‘quit’, but still visited the forums for YEARS after they have ‘quit’ advising everyone else to do so, not forgetting to mention ‘this game sucks’ and also going ‘TF2 is dead n00bz’.

I’m wondering, why do you even care? You quit didn’t you? Go play forum warrior on forums of other games. Just let people who actually enjoy the game enjoy it, k?

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

No bug fixes = more people will leave game, this is normal, I can’t see nothing strange in voices of ex GW2 players. I left also few games, I spent there few ours of my life so I always feel free to share my thoughts with rest about it.

No fee system keeps ANet in safe place, they did a great job for such money already, something more would be an exclusive bonus.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

@Sin.4130
U have to understand something:
a lot of servers have good community’s, and in this community’s U have EU, NA and OZ players who are integral part of them , so why after 1,5 year from game release U want to ban this players from playing with friends and to be a part of community’s what they help to build ? Just because they have different IP?

Integral part in the future or since 15hours or since 3 month, i.e. the time where FSP went up 6 ranks due to a NA night-shift?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/NUDE-A-NA-guild-on-an-EU-server/3464889

We have 2 small NA guilds and they are doing a great great job, we are facing servers like Baruch Bay whose prime time is basically NA prime time so good fights during the nights. But FSP going 5 ranks up might as well have something to do with the fact that we tick 350+ during EU primetime with gold league servers. All top tier servers have strong coverage all over that’s why they are top tier. So, even though being really strong during the night, fielding 100 players all over, BB couldn’t cope up with servers like Vizunah or SFR nightshifts. It’s all about numbers, qualities, coverage and tactics. It is also the community and mentality of a server. Back in Underworld, I couldn’t find 10 people to defend T3 stuff during daytime, so I ragequit and went to do the maw, bah, 60+ people blobbing there. So servers suffering from night-stuff bull honky, recruit more people to your server, get more people to play WvW rather than QQing about it.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by demetrodon.1457)

in WvW

Posted by: Mabuse.2879

Mabuse.2879

Fewer ticks at night?

in WvW

Posted by: Spyder.9713

Spyder.9713

Simple solution, quit real life and play gw 24/7, problem solved

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

^Yes, who’s with us in joining the GW2 Matrix?
…. Anyone… hello…. no one
??

;)

Simplest solution would be to stop dividing the planet in half and creating this vacuum, of players. Servers should be unified and no more NA/EU. Night capping solved.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Hello folks,

You are welcome to debate this as you wish. However, leave the insults, name-calling, and other personal attacks out of the discussion.

I do agree with you that this thread should probably be locked, it’s simply just a breeding ground for insults.

In addressing the whole whose time is worth more is (and has been) an over-used excuse since this has been brought up. There is nothing stopping them from forcing players to play closest to their timezone (servers). If you live in North America, you don’t need to be playing on the European servers and vice versa. Your time isn’t more or less valuable playing on either server.

They also could just turn the PPT off during the time frame that people are generally supposed to be sleeping in that time zone (12am – 8am).

The people whom play during say 12am-8am has what I’d consider the most important job of all, keep your T3 structures in tact. Siege them up as much as possible before expanding out. Once that’s done, defend them, don’t let the enemy cap it, and attempt to take as many objectives as possible from your enemies.

During any other time, especially prime time, it’s usually just a zerg fest with tower and SM flipping with some ninja’ing of keeps. It’s not really like this during off hours, that’s why it’s vital (if your out for PPT) to keep your structures in tact. That’s why I consider the play of the overnight crew’s more vital than any others.

Think of it this way. when numbers are even on the map or completely full on all sides; the side with fully upgraded T3 towers and keeps (and maybe SM) with lots of siege, are in a much better spot than those who don’t have it.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

If wvw servers were separate from each world server then we might see some things in the wvw department improved upon/ drastically changed.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE