Night capping suggestions?

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

I know it’s been mentioned and tons of solutions have been mentioned but I’d like to throw in my 2p.

How about give keeps and towers a buff after a certain time that makes them almost impossible to take (almost being the key word). This would only be an option if they met certain criteria during the day time hours such as upgraded to T3 and not taken for so many hours and spend a ton of supply etc
It could be part of an upgrade track in which you can recruit a few legendary NPCs for night time “re inforcements”.
I’m just so sick of wasting money and time on siege and upgrading bay and hills only to wake up and it was taken by about 10 people.
ATM people on my server just say the same thing, " don’t bother it’ll be flipped over night anyway" if people had a reason to defend maybe they would.

Any one else have suggestions?

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

Any one else have suggestions?

Don’t bother, ppt don’t matter.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’m just so sick of wasting money and time on siege and upgrading bay and hills only to wake up and it was taken by about 10 people.

10 people capping a keep is primetime material, lol.

The idea is silly. Undefended objectives always need to be cappable by few players as that is ecaxtly what makes WvW work. If undefended objectives was “almost impossible” to cap by anything short of a zerg, no one would bother with less populated zones. Havoc, roamers, all gone. No one can do anything unless someone snaps their finger and a zerg magically appear. WvW would break down as a mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Let me be the jerk saying that your night times are most likely someone elses day times.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Let me be the jerk saying that your night times are most likely someone elses day times.

You are only a jerk if you are on EU servers as that is literally impossible, lol.

But this particular idea is still fail to try to “fix” it. There are plenty of other ways to reduce the impact of low pop PPT that doesnt compromise playability.

in WvW

Napo.1230

I didn’t say they were undefended it was meant as a fix in regards to servers who have night teams. People have jobs/school so it seems abit harsh to punish them for going to sleep. Also yes I’m talking about eu time zones so night is night. ATM on our server at about midnight we can muster maybe about 5-10 people which is totally useless against a night crew of about 30. Also as for wvw breaking down as a mode maybe that’s a good thing between the hours of 1am and 7am although I fail to see how it would break down as camps would still be flippable for the die hards who reject sleep.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

This falls under my stupid things to implement for WvW.

But, if people really really insist this has to be done.

Here’s my suggested fix:

Automatically Shut DOWN the NA Servers @12 am MT
Automatically Power UP the NA Servers @8 am MT

Automatically Shut DOWN the EU Servers @12 am GMT
Automatically Power UP the EU Servers @8 am GMT

There is no Night Capping because between 12 am – 8 am. Nobody is allowed to logon during the Night Time period for each Region…so Night Capping is completely eliminated.

ANet really needs to re-design the Game Mode to leverage the Match-Up system & Allow Players to Create Alliances that are Driven by International Communities to eliminate this Off Peak Capping…aka Night Capping problem that the current Fixed 3 Way Match-Up system is creating.

For a Better Long Term Solution for WvW – Try a Google Search of – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Napo.1230

Yeah I think that’s a bit extreme but cheers for input

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Here’s my suggested fix:

There is no Night Capping because between 12 am – 8 am. Nobody is allowed to logon during the Night Time period for each Region…so Night Capping is completely eliminated.

ANet really needs to re-design the Game Mode to leverage the Match-Up system & Allow Players to Create Alliances that are Driven by International Communities to eliminate this Off Peak Capping…aka Night Capping problem that the current Fixed 3 Way Match-Up system is creating.

For a Better Long Term Solution for WvW – Try a Google Search of – wvg world vs globes

Thanks for destroying my fun with shutting down at night. We don’t all have 9 to 5 jobs.

Better shut the servers down when i am gone so you won’t be able to play during those hours, have fun in primetimes!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

It’s nice to be able to log on if your up one night.

40 people total is OK. When it’s 30 vs 10 tho you have a population imbalance. I’d rather see these imbalances be worked on, most likely thru dynamic population caps, or a reduction in the total maps.

If your stuck in a dynamic queue because your server is blobbing at night, maybe you get hit with the “suggestion” to transfer.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

You realise NA servers aren’t limited to people living in NA.

There are heaps of people fighting in OCX and SEA timezones.

There are also huge population imbalances in NA timezones, do we disregard that?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Here’s my suggested fix:

This solution does not go far enough;

The vast majority of players seem to appear in the 2-3 hrs past reset so;

Close all servers outside of the weekly reset + 3 hrs.
Remove all wvw dailies.
Refund all gem purchases for those players who are not online during those 3 hrs.

Should fix it, unless of course the OP’s team loses anyway in which case just find an hr somewhere they win and close the servers outside that hr.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

They should just close down WvW except for the 2 hours prime time NA slot. That way Maguuma will finally win dat ppt. It’s not like any other timezone matters anyway ayyyy

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I recommend that anet puts in a buff for all those logging in with NA ip addresses. The buff shall be called “sons of the soil”. This way, NA ppl with night shifts will not be affected as well.

The buff should give the following benefits:
- Hitting people (preferably with ele lightning whip) whose ip addresses are outside of NA will curse them with an aura that makes whatever ppt points they earn be gifted to the attacker’s server. This should last 12 hours.
- structures capped by players with this buff will gain ten times armour lasting exactly twelve hours. If the structure is capped with a large amount of players with this buff, it will gain auto-healing skills.
- Players with this buff will have a probability that mobs and enemy Npcs will suddenly fall dead at their feet.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

Off hours capping… how about Prime time capping nerf? I mean seriously you wanna kitten over OCX SEA times because its not NA.. OK give us OCX and SEA servers to play on.

How about this idea… You know how Anet does server linking, why not base it also on population by times of the day, so instead of joining say SoS with IoJ who are both fairly big in OCX and SEA times have SoS linked with a server that has no OCX and SEA pressence.

But saying that because I am from Australia means I should be penalised? now screw you mate!

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

How about the following:

EB is always open.
A side’s BL is only open (can be entered and counts for score), if that side has 125+ player in WvW or in queue.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

How about the following:

EB is always open.
A side’s BL is only open (can be entered and counts for score), if that side has 125+ player in WvW or in queue.

This has been suggested before and it only works on another design principle than current WvW. With your method, a border would quickly be crowded by one side while it doesnt really have anything to fight. IE it would lead to zerg vs small parties. With 3 borders, the same situation spread people out and allow for backcaps/small scale fights on other borders.

The method of dynamically scaling instances would only work if all borders where true 3-way designed, just like EB and EoTM, and activated based on all player counts. No more homeborders or some kittenty hybrid like DBL. Its not a bad idea – I like it and have suggested this exact thing in the past. But it doesnt work to bandaid over current WvW.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

This also falls under my stupid things to implement for WvW.

But, if people continue to insist on a Fix to Off Peak Capping…aka…Night Capping & shutting down servers isn’t an option.

Then here’s my other suggested fix:

Change ALL Border Land Maps into PvE Maps that spawn Enemy NPCs. Remove Real Enemy Players.

Enemy NPC are pre-programmed to attack your stuff then stop if nobody is there to fight them.

Only Map that stays open 24/7 is the Eternal Battlegrounds Map.

However, if you’re not on the map to defend your stuff…then the System Auto-Spawns NPC to fight in your place & to Automatically Recapture it after a set amount of time has gone by.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire