Night time in WvW darker

Night time in WvW darker

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

So catching up on fractals, doing the Snowblind stage and running through the dark woods with torches while wolves and baddies jump out from behind trees got me thinking: why not make it similar in WvW?

It would look cooler with groups of torches and ambushes (albeit given away by red text walls), especially when first person comes out and you’re running through some dark area chased by other players it sounds like fun! lol

Granted this is likely doomed to get shot down because of.. “stuff”. It may come across as odd that PvE night would be brighter than WvW night, but meh. Just a fun idea to throw out there. If not the whole map at night, maybe a particular area in another borderland map in the future?

Inb4 “go to the dark room in OS”, nobody really fights there. However, it does show that it could be applied…

Night time in WvW darker

in WvW

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i would love to see darker nights in general, not only wvw.

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Night time in WvW darker

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

And this just made me want to go and see this "fractals" thing people are talking about...

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Night time in WvW darker

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

this night time thingy has been suggested like 2 years ago… maybe it will come out in the expansion … i can only hope

turn off name tags, dark nights, let the fun begin

Night time in WvW darker

in WvW

Posted by: Zerbious.1825

Zerbious.1825

I have often wished they would make the night time darker and last as long as the day cycle.

My favorite gaming experiences came in DAoC running around at night in RvR and either ambushing or being ambushed by some enemy wearing black dyed armor that you couldn’t see until you were right on top of them.

I still remember a night where I was killed by an Albion Scout (i think that was their archer class) and never even saw him until I was dead! Good times and we’ll played by that player!

Night time in WvW darker

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

…How did you find my thread from 5 months ago?

Night time in WvW darker

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

turn off name tags, dark nights, let the fun begin

Ooohhh, true stealth game, no vanishing ninja magic tricks!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”