Nightcapping,ever gonna be taken care of ?

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

When you’re fighting throughout the day and winning battle after battle against siegehungry servers who don’t really like to fight but rather run away or port when they see you or cower away in towers.And having a decent PPT throughout the entire day.Only for them to wake up at night and crawl out of their caskets so they can run around and make whole maps turn their colour and holding it all those hours because there obviously is no resistance ( yes some people do have a life ) and winning the matchup because of it,Baruch bay for e.g,who you don’t really see during the entire day, untill its full moon.And when you do see them,theyre getting steamrolled or they port back quickly.

It’s an unfair system making servers win that really should not be winning at all.Ive been playing for 2 years now,and ive seen alot happen..Yet i see the nightcapping becoming a thing vs these servers.During the day theyre a complete bore to play against since the things i mentioned above,but that servers like these are still able to win because of capping empty maps in the middle of the night is just plain stupid.

This is a Huge flaw in your ranking system going on for 2 years now,asking for oceanic guilds or russians to join your server isn’t an option,weve had those..But sooner or later they all leave anyway.There must be a permanent solution,which there isn’t.

So,how aware is anet of this flaw ? And is anything ever gonna be done to get this in control ? Does PPT and the entire ranking system still matter when things like these happen ?

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainVantastic.5987

CaptainVantastic.5987

I would almost like to see a Lineage 2 castle siege format if anyone has played that game
Things to think about
Add NPC group that can take keep, tower or supply on random cues..might elimate oversize blob trains which adds more attack to keeps and towers cons: might suck if another server finds out and steals the cap if available but if a server is cooperative they can defend the keep or tower still
Condense the maps..too much flipping in a rotation while the other server is flipping the other side which can result in barely any fighting
-WvW rather than WvWvW or just even numbers, odd # of servers seem to make it uneven at times..WvWvWvW woooh getting ahead of myself
Make the landscapes in the maps less open so more engagement
Make longer RI’s?? especially after a certain time like say later at night
Add more ways to get supply, maybe at like Hylek or ogre camps to fight over or a shipment of supply to fight over in the center at certain times
These are things I have thought of looking through previous games Siege wars/server vs server mechanics

L2 had sign ups for Sieges which I would not want in GW2, the openness to be able to WvW is what I like but I feel if people want more fights and less uneven circumstances things need to be condensed in areas for more coordinated and engaging matchups throughout the week. Just seems it is easy for guilds or blobs to not fight and PPT and yes wait till late at night.

What you guys think could help?

in WvW

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

“Night time” for you is daytime for someone else.

in WvW

CaptainVantastic.5987

One more thought…add mechanics to where you can upgrade keep or towers to have NPC’s be able to help out more effectively on defense

in WvW

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

Is it me or do people actually think the world revolves around their time zone. Why would they change WVW mechanics depending on the time of day? How about you all change your play habits, recruit guilds from differing time zones, or just enjoy the fights when they’re there instead of worrying about PPT?

in WvW

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

SO let me get this straight you would like a Global 24/7 MMO to cater to you and your time zone only?

Not sure if ignorant or arrogant?

Well NA servers are not supposed to be global. They are supposed to be for NA, and possible SA too.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Just don’t go to sleep.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Well if you phrase is like “crawl out of their caskets” it makes it seem like it’s just a bunch of evil, snickering insomniacs who stay up just to kitten you over lol. No, they are just people often on the other side of the planet and there is really nothing to be done about it. While I don’t care about PPT (I don’t even know who wins the week anymore) I hate fighting PvDoor servers, not just because I like having those nice, handy waypoints but because the players tend to be terrible fighters since they’re not used to fighting actual people. Even if they merge NA/EU there will other problems.

@CaptainVantastic

I liked Lineage II’s castle raid system, Aion’s was kind of similar but given the 24/7 raid possibilities that GW2 WvWvW has become accustomed to, I think restricting raids to a given prime time would trigger outcry from “off peak” players.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

SO let me get this straight you would like a Global 24/7 MMO to cater to you and your time zone only?

Well NA servers are not supposed to be global. They are supposed to be for NA, and possible SA too.

Yes NA servers are for NA players, EU for EU, but what about oceanic players like me? I can’t pay NA or EU time because of real life, there isn’t any OCX servers , not gonna go to gw China, what do we do?
As slamb said, not sure if ignorant or arrogant

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah.. they should turn off WvW when it is sleep time at my timezone i.e. day time in Murica….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

It is a legitimate concern really.

WvW is supposed to be a 24/7 battle, but when anet split apart NA and EU they helped to prevent that. It is 24/7 but it isnt global for most servers expect the T1 servers.

You have people moving to top tier servers, and players ended up queued, in some cases for hours!
There is simply no balance!

I have mentioned it so many times, anet can easily solve this issue by monitoring activity and offer transfers to players who can fill an inactive slot on a server.
They are already going to do this with the megaserver coming in this patch, players will be asked to move to a more populated zone when spaced become available, so that players dont end up alone in a zone.

Anet can do this if they want, and make all fights almost equal and fully active 24/7. But they dont/wont. WvW is not a priority to them, which is just insanity as WvW is pretty much the only thing to do after completing PvE.

Apparently in T1 servers there are no longer hour long queues on reset kitten many players have left the game already.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

in WvW

CaptainVantastic.5987

@gennyt

Yea Im thinking the most important could be increasing the time on RI to lessen the amount of keep, towers to take at once and increase the fighting where the only places left to take at that time until RI is off again..could be even like 10 min instead of 5

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It’s been this way since they took the orbs away and it’s mainly all about flipping objectives for the Tick.

They won’t take care of coverage as long as there is a population of players who play at different hours, you just have to deal with the fact you cannot possibly fight back against superior numbers without coming up with a plan, that can make up for your lack of numbers.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Just don’t go to sleep.

^legit

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

But this is rarely the case in EU, except Baruch is really full of Spanish speaking american’s, a thing they always gainsaid.

In any case:

Have 695 objective points for the handful people in night as well as for the thousand people in the evening is a game-design error.

Objective points should be proportional to number of players playing.

or

Separate them via time-sliced matches

It is not that I want them hinder to play. It is just that

the permanent attack on the fun of the majority by a minority must be ended

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

Yea those night capping Americans during the day here in ASIA/OCX.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

That’s not what im implying,where do you even get that from.. ? If you have nothing constructive to add,than just don’t add anything at all.
Also,learn to read..Not just the words but the meaning of those words.
And starting a first response with an insult..Way to go buddy.

Not sure if serious or just a nightcapper ?

And the winner is ignorance.

Have you considered that whilst we are sleeping you are night capping from us?

/crawl’s back into caskets.

It seems you don’t understand what the problem is.

Look at T2 NA for an example of the kittenty results that off-hour coverage brings. SoS brings nothing to the table in NA / EU and FA brings less than nothing to the table in OCX / SEA. This means that nobody actually fights anyone but both servers are still in the same tier; it’s completely ridiculous. T2 is right now an endless karma train that swings either way depending on the time of the day.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

No im not arrogant,no im not ignorant,and no i dont think the world evolves around me..now that’s been cleared up.I know many other servers have the exact same issue as mine,and the server im on Fsp consists of several hundreds of people who all go through the same frustrating deal as explained in my op.And yes our server has recruited guilds from different timezones in the past,but people move on as most do,and to continously try to recruit guilds from diff timezones to your server to fight this cause is an neverending search,it’s not a permanent solution.

I merely made this thread to see if the community can come up with a permanent solution to nightcapping and to hopefully make anet aware of what a frustrating deal it can be to win during the day but lose the matchup bigtime because of nightcapping vs no resistance and able to hold it all during the night.I know there are different timezones and i know those people want to play and want to have fun,but where is the fun for those people from those timezones that roam around for what is night for us on empty maps capping empty towers and empty keeps,knowing they do this vs a server where everyone is asleep ?

I just really hope the community can come up with a solution,if not anet.

Keep it going guys,but please keep it civil.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The best advice if you want to avoid night capping is to transfer to a T1 NA server. There isn’t really a moment there in which a server doesn’t have at least a modest amount to defend important things or are so ridiculously out numbered they get dropped below 100 ppt without being focused super hard. Its the last bastion of 24/7 fights in this game and probably will be for some time. T1 EU has some players around the clock, but if Deso and SFR are not both in the matchup then around late NA everything gets pvdoored down and one of the two, or both tick ridiculously high. Heck, even sometimes when SFR isn’t going hard, Deso will outnumber them to ridiculous levels during NA and if SFR can get an early lead in the week Deso morale will be so low they dont show up and you get high SFR ticks.

So look into T1 NA servers. Even during EU prime theres a fair share of fighting going on. All three servers have really nice people on them despite the toxic stuff thrown around between them at gw2wvw.

Source: I have two accounts, one on JQ and one on SFR

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Dayra.7405

The best advice if you want to avoid night capping is to transfer to a T1 NA server.

You are really proposing that the best solution to this problem it’s that all people from the 51 server should stack on 3 of them and let ANet shutdown the other 48?

Admittedly it’s better to have queue for 24/7 – sometimes a few dozens sometime a few thousands – than the current situation, but is this really the best solution?

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

anet pls add /pause mode for me and my zerg..

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The best advice if you want to avoid night capping is to transfer to a T1 NA server.

You are really proposing that the best solution to this problem it’s that all people from the 51 server should stack on 3 of them and let ANet shutdown the other 48?

Ah, no, my bad. I meant that if you really want to go to somewhere where night capping isn’t a problem, thats the place to go. I think most of the wvw player population isn’t all that hung up on things they can’t control or at least don’t dwell on it and just go out to have fun each night. What I am saying only works if my perception of the WvW player base is true. I am not silly enough to believe that all servers could be cram packed into 3.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Still it is a solution to all balance and coverage problems.

The great attractivity of the solution of course is: it does not need anything from ANet. People can implement it, even if ANet continue it’s 2 years ignorance of the problem. And as it is the only solution people can implement on their own, it is already incrementally implemented by players on a day by day base, 10 today, another 100 the next day …
When will an EU-server community like FSP or Gandara decide to go for NA-T1? 1000-2000 people having their day-crew supporting OCX and their prime-time dominating NA-day, would easily determine the T1 victory.

A third plus EotM teams will be as fixed as WvW teams, such that EotM can start to use the WvW teamspeak.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

I think part of the CDI process is going to include thoughts on addressing the current “coverage-wars” issue.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

But this is rarely the case in EU, except Baruch is really full of Spanish speaking american’s, a thing they always gainsaid.

In any case:

Have 695 objective points for the handful people in night as well as for the thousand people in the evening is a game-design error.

Objective points should be proportional to number of players playing.

or

Separate them via time-sliced matches

It is not that I want them hinder to play. It is just that

the permanent attack on the fun of the majority by a minority must be ended

And all the eastern Europeans playing there at times other aren’t. And the Germans with massive presence at the wee hours in the morning (as in 20/50 mans Golem Rushes in T7/8 6 months ago “massive”) and people from Africa/Middle East playing at different times and and and.

Once again, it’s not only Baruch’s Bay at all.

Once again you are putting things in a “Dayra Centric”’ situation, ignoring everything else that don’t suits you.

Btw, the main grip with BB is that it had nothing to do where they were, and they are just climbing back to where they belong, it’ll sort out really fast (the amount of Glicko rating they won in 2 weeks or so and the ranks they climbed proves it).

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

Ah, no, my bad. I meant that if you really want to go to somewhere where night capping isn’t a problem, thats the place to go. I think most of the wvw player population isn’t all that hung up on things they can’t control or at least don’t dwell on it and just go out to have fun each night. What I am saying only works if my perception of the WvW player base is true. I am not silly enough to believe that all servers could be cram packed into 3.

I get where you’re going with transfering but that really isnt an option for me,im playing on my server since the release of gw2 and obviously know lots of people here with whom i play with on a daily base in WvW/Pvp,i dont have my mind set on ever going to transfer off this server,its my home if you know what i mean.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

but that really isnt an option for me,im playing on my server since the release of gw2 and obviously know lots of people here with whom i play with on a daily base in WvW/Pvp,i dont have my mind set on ever going to transfer off this server,its my home if you know what i mean.

Take your whole server and move as a group, build a colony with own TS, and show them that they still have a coverage problem, that can decide NA-T1.

Maybe that wakes up ANet and you get a free transfer back plus some CDI about it

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: MoonT.6845

MoonT.6845

I couldn’t give a hoot what some people say about your day is someone’s night, sticking their heads in the sand and pretending this isn’t an issue, in Europe with a 2-3 hour time difference we get people who play late and others who play early. But despite this there is always a dead spot where the vast majority of Europeans are asleep.

We all know night capping is a problem where Spanish and French speaking NA server users join EU servers to dominate the empty maps night after night. Just take a look at the SFR statistics for hourly tick, all day generally even matchup (until people just give up and quit when they can’t be bothered to recap everything morning after morning), as by 3:30am most nights they tick 550 plus. Dedicated language servers in NA would put a stop to this too, how much fun can it be for them to cap empty maps night after night anyway?

Another solution, if they want the game to score 24/7 they should have 24/7 server populations, ie no NA, EU, China, just global. That way all servers should have cover at all times.

Practical implications, WvW is a lag fest anyway at times and this would only make it worse. So position servers in geographic locations that would be able to handle this better. i.e. Not all stuffed in a vast Texas data centre.

There are solutions to this problem that Anet like to see it as a feature. The ultimate remedy will be people getting fed up and dropping WvW participation entirely.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Practical implications, WvW is a lag fest anyway at times and this would only make it worse. So position servers in geographic locations that would be able to handle this better. i.e. Not all stuffed in a vast Texas data centre.

There are solutions to this problem that Anet like to see it as a feature. The ultimate remedy will be people getting fed up and dropping WvW participation entirely.

Not necessarily I would say. The computers that execute these matches could be around the world, i.e.

• 0-8 UTC the matches are hosted on computers in the US (where all NA matches are currently)
  • 8-16 UTC the matches are hosted on computers in China or Korea or Singapore or Australia or … (likely the Chinese do not get the allowance to play together with us.)
  • 16-24 UTC the matches are hosted on computers in Germany (where all EU matches are currently)

This way the majority will always have a good connection. It only needs a short break at 8, 16 and 0 where the matches are transmitted from one server to the next.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Never understood why Oceanic players go to NA servers in this game anyway. The latency is a massive amount less on EU servers for Oceanic and you have actual players in their timezone (early EU, there’s a lot of us) rather than NA servers buying/begging Oceanic guilds to join them to just stack their coverage to win on PPT via boring PVD.
Same with SEA players for that matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

EU has about 100ms more ping than NA for oceanics…

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

The latency is a massive amount less on EU servers for Oceanic

From my experiences, it is the opposite

you have actual players in their timezone (early EU, there’s a lot of us).

From my previous experiences, also not true, although may be true for recent times (in t2)

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Every time the thread appears.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

I think the core of the issue is this:

The amount of points for taking a camp/tower/keep/SM should vary depending on the number of allies/enemies on the map, as well as the amount of resistance you received while trying to take it.
Examples:

- SM gives you 35 points assuming all factors are equal
- If you take it with less numbers you get 50
- If you take it with more numbers you get 20
- If you take with no resistance at all you get 10

All of this would scale depending on the number of players in proximity to SM in combat.

This would ensure that taking advantage of a server without a wvw population during certain times of the day would not result in your server’s PPT being like 500+ for hours on end.

Now, you’re probably saying that if you hold SM for 12 hours straight and eventually both servers have tons of players on EB, you’d be furious if the PPT on SM was still only like 10 points. And you’d be right. So at the start of each 15 minute PPT period the game would have to re-evaluate the worth of each objective you hold. If you’re fending off attacks at SM during primetime, but you capped it hours ago when nobody was online, you definitely deserve to get that higher PPT for it.

I think the issue is, that for once, Anet made the system too simple. PPT in WvW should be a complicated system based on a number of factors.

Thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Thoughts?

It’s very easy to imagineer systems from the outside, without any knowledge of their internal workings and specifications.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Oooohhh latin-americans powaaa!!!

Ok now seriously, 90% of people who plays in baruch are spanish. Just because we have a completely different time culture, doesn’t mean we’re not spanish.

About OP, there’s only 2 options: Adapt or move on. There’s also two main problems with 24h coverage.
- Any possible solution would require massive calculations (remember every second people join and leave maps). Technically is just not possible to do even in a single matchup, now count 9 EU, 7 NA and I don’t know how much chinese matchups.
- There’s also a dev’s mentality issue. This is a game made for casuals and focused on pve (WvW and spvp are adds). To do such changes in WvW it would require a full focus on WvW and months (even more than a year) of developing and testing the new changes. That’s not gonna happen…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in WvW

Dayra.7405

.- Any possible solution would require massive calculations (remember every second people join and leave maps). Technically is just not possible to do even in a single matchup, now count 9 EU, 7 NA and I don’t know how much chinese matchups.

That’s already calculated, or what do you think how a map decides that it is full and further people have to be queued. Each map knows exactly how many people of which team are on it. And hey counter++ or counter— whenever someone enter/leaves a map is one of the cheapest things to compute.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I don’t know how to do it, but there has to be some way to reward more PPT if people actually defended the keep versus if a keep was taken without any defense at all.

Especially if the towers/keeps weren’t upgraded.

in WvW

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

imo they could have made BL battles end at night and just leave EB 24/7. I’ve been on nightshifts as much as daytime and even in T1 it ain’t exactly full on war with the amount of players on at the time. Some action, a lot of PvD, Scouting and Refreshing kitten.

A long time ago, there might have been huge night coverage on quite a few servers, but even then they could have flagged some servers as 24/7 (all BLs open) and another league without the night capping if there are enough players for 24/7 ones; and give everyone a free transfer period to play where they want.

Rough idea, but I always thought we’d have some epic battles just before BL battle closed for the day. But then again the PvD karma train might not be so happy.

P.S. The Orbs where awesome. Could’ve just fixed prollems. (no its double L)

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

.- Any possible solution would require massive calculations (remember every second people join and leave maps). Technically is just not possible to do even in a single matchup, now count 9 EU, 7 NA and I don’t know how much chinese matchups.

That’s already calculated, or what do you think how a map decides that it is full and further people have to be queued.

You just need to put a maximum number of connections per server that are allowed to be playing that map at the same time, and all new other will be put in a queue based in the time they wanted to enter the map. That’s just an IF and a few more lines.
But knowing how much people from every server and adapt PPT based on those numbers is another whole thing.

BTW, even some of the proposed changes would not affect that much. Four days ago, at around 2 am, some of my guildmates and me (we were just 6) took 2 hills, 2 garrisons, 1 bay, 1 bluelake and like 4 camps in less than 1 hour. How this is possible, if we were just 6 people? We didn’t find anyone defending…
Now, thing about a solution for PPT so 6 people just cannot flip +100 tick points in less than one our. Our you make things much more difficult to take, and this will become blobfest, or there’s no solution.

WvW is not meant to be balanced, so better forget about fixing it. There’s not a single viable solution that doesn’t involve whole redesign, massive calculations, technical problems, dev’s mentality change…

@haqqa orbs were removed cause they were totally broken. +15% HP and +150 stats for people from a server is just silly.
And about closing maps, in which time you’d base those closes? Because there could be tons of asian people wanting to play, but they’d be stucked in a single map, just cause americans are sleeping… That’s the problem of woldwide 24h pvp maps: Your nighttime, someone else daytime, who has preference?

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

imo they could have made BL battles end at night and just leave EB 24/7. I’ve been on nightshifts as much as daytime and even in T1 it ain’t exactly full on war with the amount of players on at the time. Some action, a lot of PvD, Scouting and Refreshing kitten.

have a look at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Make-many-small-matches-scored-individually

in WvW

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

have a look at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Make-many-small-matches-scored-individually

isn’t that just complicating a simpler solution? I love the fact that we can play at night and 24/7 but realistically the night coverage isn’t filling 3 BLs and EB on most servers.

@Ansau.7326, you can probably do that capping faster with golem mastery. xD

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again. From strictly a wvw stand point the worst thing they did was split euro and na

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Dayra.7405

isn’t that just complicating a simpler solution? I love the fact that we can play at night and 24/7 but realistically the night coverage isn’t filling 3 BLs and EB on most servers.

If you look through T1-glasses yes. If you look through lower-tier glasses probably not.
E.g. FoW may be competitive in 8/7 EB prime, but it hardly will be competitive in 24/7 EB + 16/7 BLs.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

Annd again with the destruction of WvW by Dayra. “Small matches” totalling at most 2 days over the week (what you are advocating) that aren"t 24/7 aren’t WvW/RvR….

It’s battlegrounds at it’s finest, so stop trying to make it a “solution” for WvW. Can you finally accept that your problem with WvW is that YOU don’t like WvW and want battlegrounds and move on to a game with them, instead of trying to convince people that it would be far better for them to remove WvW (what your solution does as simple as that) to replace it with (bad) battlegrounds ?

in WvW

Dayra.7405

@Filovirus: You promised to read my posts as less as ANet, so keep silent And learn a bit calculation, if you do not keep your promises, neither does 24*7 nor 16*7 not even 8*7 fit into “totaling at most 2 days”.

Edit: A now I got it, you only promised to not read it, but not to not commenting it unread. I see.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

When you’re fighting throughout the day and winning battle after battle against siegehungry servers who don’t really like to fight but rather run away or port when they see you or cower away in towers.And having a decent PPT throughout the entire day.Only for them to wake up at night and crawl out of their caskets so they can run around and make whole maps turn their colour and holding it all those hours because there obviously is no resistance ( yes some people do have a life ) and winning the matchup because of it,Baruch bay for e.g,who you don’t really see during the entire day, untill its full moon.And when you do see them,theyre getting steamrolled or they port back quickly.

It’s an unfair system making servers win that really should not be winning at all.Ive been playing for 2 years now,and ive seen alot happen..Yet i see the nightcapping becoming a thing vs these servers.During the day theyre a complete bore to play against since the things i mentioned above,but that servers like these are still able to win because of capping empty maps in the middle of the night is just plain stupid.

This is a Huge flaw in your ranking system going on for 2 years now,asking for oceanic guilds or russians to join your server isn’t an option,weve had those..But sooner or later they all leave anyway.There must be a permanent solution,which there isn’t.

So,how aware is anet of this flaw ? And is anything ever gonna be done to get this in control ? Does PPT and the entire ranking system still matter when things like these happen ?

So what your saying is that it is okay for you to day cap and mock the server who run from fights with lesser numbers then you. But if they do kitten you the game needs a redesign?

Anet has no flaw to be aware of. As far as I am concerned your outlook is flawed.

If you do not want to lose ground at nigh, then play all night and not all day. If you do not, more of the blame is yours then it ever will be anyone elses.

in WvW

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

Is it me or do people actually think the world revolves around their time zone. Why would they change WVW mechanics depending on the time of day? How about you all change your play habits, recruit guilds from differing time zones, or just enjoy the fights when they’re there instead of worrying about PPT?

He actually did point out that they don’t get fights because the enemy isn’t there during his guilds prime playtime.

I doubt Arenanet will do anything because they don’t consider WvW that important, but organizing server groups based on timezone and playtimes would make sense.

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

So what your saying is that it is okay for you to day cap and mock the server who run from fights with lesser numbers then you. But if they do kitten you the game needs a redesign?

Anet has no flaw to be aware of. As far as I am concerned your outlook is flawed.

If you do not want to lose ground at nigh, then play all night and not all day. If you do not, more of the blame is yours then it ever will be anyone elses.

Again..Im Playing on an EU server vs other EU servers,there is little time difference here unless those mentioned servers have lots of oceanic,american,or russians guilds,Which is a flaw in its design.If i dont want to lose ground at night then play all night ? Some people have jobs and a life and cant play 24/7,it seems to me you dont really understand the issue at hand here.And like i previously said we have recruited oceanic,american,and russians guilds in the past who all move on sooner or later.Honestly…please read before you post.