No Ascended Gear Through WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Q:

Is it true there is no ascended gear through WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

A:

Yep this is true.

Not even dungeon/cool skin

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: Zidane.5297

Zidane.5297

Yes, it’s true.

in WvW

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Not with this patch, but they are planning to add them at some point.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in WvW

Posted by: cimon.5798

cimon.5798

ya all could i dunno do dailys takes like maybe fifteen min. sometimes ive even done my dailys by accident

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

PvE>PvP>WvW

If WvW ever gets ANYTHING, they will make sure it’s also available to PvE players. The same can not be said the other way around. It’s likely you will always have to PvE to get the new hotness.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Pretty fail patch IMHO.

They took an extra month to implement WvW ranks but with really horrible limited abilities

They took an extra month to copy/paste stats to WvW armor skins

They took an extra month to honestly stuff more PvE stuff into this game

Ascended gear should be available via badges. There is no arguing this and for Anet to not deliver is a slap in the face

in WvW

Posted by: cimon.5798

cimon.5798

personally ya all should just pve some take a break from wvw once in a while and for the love of god stop complaining every 20 min that would be nice too

in WvW

Posted by: Mishima.2986

Mishima.2986

fail patch!! this is a joke. WvW patch?? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Discusting gear for 150 S. Honor + allmost 1g
A lot of notes about PvE + sPvP
We need more in a patch called WvW patch, its just annoying. :_(

[DsD] Disidentes – WvW retired guild leader.

in WvW

Posted by: Glenn.3417

Glenn.3417

They’ve been planning it since november/december……

Champion Phantom – Legionnaire – Genius – Magus

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Just an FYI, WvW players complain about everything and are never satisfied.

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

“Lets throw the minimum in WvW to make it seem like we are doing allot of work and extend our promised awesome update to give it clout”

Ranks took 3 months to impliment? yet they can render full zones, several events, and new PVE UI every month? What made GW1 awesome was the name, in which they focused on. Guild…Wars. Seems like “PvEwars2” at this going rate…

Throw an ascended option for badges, not hard to ask for WvW gear seekers.

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

They also said in november/december it’d take them a year to fully roll out ascended gear through the game.

Has it been a year yet?
If the answer is no, they are doing exactly what they’ve always said

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Yeah I’m really disappointed too. Been saving up badges for nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Digs.8435

Digs.8435

personally ya all should just pve some take a break from wvw once in a while and for the love of god stop complaining every 20 min that would be nice too

You mean run the same scripted encounters over and over? No thanks. I get my fill of mundaneness at work every day

Digs Digs Digs – Mesmer

in WvW

Glenn.3417

In order for them to be grateful, they first must receive something decent to be grateful for.

Either they don’t get an update, or the updates they get are crap compared to all the pve updates.

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

it must be a bad joke that we still don´t get ascended gear for wvw, but some crappy skins…

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Glenn.3417

They also said in november/december it’d take them a year to fully roll out ascended gear through the game.

Has it been a year yet?

Ascended gear through fotm
Ascended gear through laurels
Ascended gear through guild missions

Yet it takes a friggin year to enable them with wvw badges?
Seems like a 10 min job lol

in WvW

Posted by: jhuce.2489

jhuce.2489

U can replace “WvW players” with “video gamers on a public forum”. But i dont understand how Anet can even begin to say this is a wvw focused patch. Only thing worth noting is the culling fix (Maybe some engi stuff aswell) which is great and a really good step forward. But insulting some of the wvw players (notice i said some) intelligence by calling it a “The WvW focus patch” is a blatant lie.

Should have called it “Ooooo look at the carrot”

Skill should prevail over numbers…in theory
All or Nothing – AoN

(edited by jhuce.2489)

in WvW

Rawnoodles.1398

Has it been a year yet?

They need to ensure that these skins don’t disrupt WvW stability because apperently adding new skins will break the game mode entirely. Ill take a few months of patching and a few months of delays on top of that, you know to add more clout..

" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Has it been a year yet?

I’m not saying I think it should take that long.

But if they say they’ll take a year to completely roll something out, it’s silly to complain that they don’t do it in less than half that time.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

PvE>PvP>WvW

If WvW ever gets ANYTHING, they will make sure it’s also available to PvE players. The same can not be said the other way around. It’s likely you will always have to PvE to get the new hotness.

Incorrect, WvWvW did get something. Something that is actually USEFUL for WvWvW, not for standing around in LA looking like a “shiny vampire”

We are happy to announce the addition of World Ranks. When you participate in World vs. World events and defeat enemy players, you will earn World Experience (WXP). When you earn enough WXP, you’ll unlock World Ranks. Every World Rank earned will come with a World Ability Point, and some ranks can even give you a new World Title. World Ability points can be spent on unique World vs. World abilities. Click here for more information on World Ranks.

Just because you are not content with it doesn’t mean we didn’t get anything.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Acsended gear is a carrot on a stick used to keep people playing their boring PVE. Arenanet probably believes that WvW players don’t require incentives.

Lets see how long that’s going to last.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

That’s were you need to PvE and play alot for the ascended….. no grind srly!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Pretty fail patch IMHO.

yep, anyone still belief Anet care about WvW players?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

D W.5179

PvE>PvP>WvW

Incorrect, WvWvW did get something. Something that is actually USEFUL for WvWvW, not for standing around in LA looking like a “shiny vampire”

We are happy to announce the addition of World Ranks. When you participate in World vs. World events and defeat enemy players, you will earn World Experience (WXP). When you earn enough WXP, you’ll unlock World Ranks. Every World Rank earned will come with a World Ability Point, and some ranks can even give you a new World Title. World Ability points can be spent on unique World vs. World abilities. Click here for more information on World Ranks.

That’s fair, and being honest, I’m very happy to have something to work towards (rank). I’m also thrilled with the removal of culling and can’t wait to get home to try it out.
I guess the point I want to make is, they would never release a new type of best stats in game gear (much like ascended gear) and only allowed you to get this in WvW, and not in PvE, but they have no problem doing it the other way around.

in WvW

Posted by: iowen.4217

iowen.4217

kinda disappointing no Ascended gear from WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

PvE>PvP>WvW

That’s fair, and being honest, I’m very happy to have something to work towards (rank). I’m also thrilled with the removal of culling and can’t wait to get home to try it out.
I guess the point I want to make is, they would never release a new type of best stats in game gear (much like ascended gear) and only allowed you to get this in WvW, and not in PvE, but they have no problem doing it the other way around.

That point I can agree with.
I also can’t wait to get home and see the culling change and be horribly slaughtered at your hands.
<——ET resident :-D

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Rawnoodles.1398

PvE>PvP>WvW

PvE Ascended acquisition =/= WvW asended acquisition.

Hmm something doesn’t add up…

" Latest Video "

in WvW

D W.5179

PvE>PvP>WvW

That point I can agree with.
I also can’t wait to get home and see the culling change and be horribly slaughtered at your hands.
<——ET resident :-D

Haha, well you may get home to find a ton of new transfers too though One can hope. See ya on the battlefield.

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

by calling it a “The WvW focus patch” is a blatant lie.

Should have called it “Ooooo look at the carrot”

Omg, lol, that made my day.
I really can’t wait to see this new “Ooooo look at the carrot” patch.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I like that the new patch did bring some WvW things, however it’s very lack luster compared to the time it took to do such.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

negative :
no ascended gear.
no decent rank bonuses. (+20 to stat in 5 tiers for +100 in total would have been what most people wanted, not the things there are now)

positive :
different stat sets armor + weapons available in w3

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Not being able to get a quiver in W3, the only real part of the game I play is really annoying.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

yet it still takes wvw to get map completion .. seems like a 10 min job to remove it.

qqqqqqqqqq’

please don’t complain about having to do REAL pve for stuff instead of the fluffy make-believe “pvp” that we call wvw. it’s as bad as the pve’ers complaining that they have to do slightly different pve to get map completion.

i don’t want to see everything pve available in wvw – there should be just as much incentive for you to go out to pve as there is for pve’ers to come to wvw.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Jereguy.3498

Jereguy.3498

Pretty pathetic when the WvW content matches the PvE content in the WvW patch..

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I don’t really think you should be able to get ascended gear with badges. It’s pretty selective as it is to get in PvE, and theres always laurels you can use to buy ascended gear. Dailies are plenty doable in WvW. Many PvE players go without having ascended gear because they don’t enjoy the methods of acquiring them, WvW players can suck it up as well.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

I don’t really think you should be able to get *the next tier of equip to keep the pve kids in line" gear with dungeon tockens. It’s pretty selective as it is to get in WvsW, and theres always laurels you can use to buy “the next tier of equip to keep the pve kids in line” ". Dailies are plenty doable in pve. Many WvsW players go without having ascended gear because they don’t enjoy the methods of acquiring them, PvE players can suck it up as well.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I don’t care about exclusive gear… stop asking for it. We need open availibility to all gear through the avenue of game you choose to play. Be it pve (open world or dungeon/frac, or guild mission), pvp, wvw, (or heck even story /living story if thats intended in future).

This is not what we have, yet. This is ideal because that is what anet offered initial. Play how you want, truly customize your character and not be forced to grind. That said, there is always a somewhat forced grind factor regardless. Nothing comes on a silver platter, but hoping the accessibility may soon be there. I would love to waste badges on skins, even if those same skins were available in other aspects of the game.

I look forward to testing out the culling, and skill updates, but was hoping skins would be available in other avenues. Those gem store skins are amazing, and I do plan to try to get one, as I would pay for cosmetic options. But if my rng dumps 25 or 50 dollars into keys and I don’t see one. Whats the point, I don’t want to pay more that they should be worth. Just give multitude of options at a reasonable price. Huzzah, we have cosmetic customization options. this we can use more of. As well as options for accessibility (which even though may be crappy, have now been introduced which means they can add more in future).

Thanks for putting in the hard work Anet, and looking forward to trying out the release. I do hope this is a sign of things to come (aka ascended accessibility options maybe, I mean I still do 80% of my dailies in WvW so it’s kinda there but hidden). Would be nice to have something to dump badges onto, even if only skin options.

~ X [RE], Kaineng

PS..

please don’t complain about having to do REAL pve for stuff instead of the fluffy make-believe “pvp” that we call wvw. it’s as bad as the pve’ers complaining that they have to do slightly different pve to get map completion.

i don’t want to see everything pve available in wvw – there should be just as much incentive for you to go out to pve as there is for pve’ers to come to wvw.

So do you mean wvw player equality should make WvW players go in to pve to get about 24 points of interest, 16 vistas, and about 8 or 9 skill points (the minimum a pve player needs to wvw)? Just trying to see where you are going with that analogy… wvw and pve armor/skins should be transparent, with a couple exceptions. If dungeons or temples have unique skins, so to does wvw (have 1 set), while pve offers what 8 dungeons plus a karma set plus 3 more for cultural plus 3 more for priory, vigil and orders… (the crafted and named sets drop in both). Just curious if the 15 to 1 ratio is considered equal in your mind? i get your a wvw like me, but trying to understand your analogy and where the line is. I don’t believe incentives are yet there, its more 1 sided … which is why people say something, all the time.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

The two best slots are rings and they could literally be acquired in a day (7.5h) or casually in a few days (each).

Amulets are already able to be mostly acquired in WvW, however the time it takes to get them (or any other item from that vendor) is more in sync with the pre-Pristine Fractal Relic 0.01% chance at a ring drop in your daily.

More accurately, the time it takes to gear more than one character is extremely disproportionate.

in WvW

Posted by: iowen.4217

iowen.4217

Ascended WvW gear with slots(new type) where infusions(+ar) do not fit,but only wvw infusions(like +rc or +5% speed out of combat etc) would be nice as mirror to pve fractal gear

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Lets get maaaaaad!!!!!!!!!
Just cam to show my disappoint with the “patch”

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

The best gear can’t ever come from whatever in an MMO is fun.

I don’t know why that’s such a constant from one MMO to the next, but it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Its a case of simply not being a high priority. WvW is not a high priority.

Adding a vendor that sells Asc. Gear is simply not a big deal. They added Asc. gear to dailies, they added it to guild events. Theyve added new types of Asc. Gear. But, not to WvW?
No, thats simply not hard to do if they really wanted to. They might want to implement it as some much more complicated system, but even then, this tier has been out since November.

They have acknowledged that WvW progression shouldnt impact anything outside of WvW. But apparently PvE progression impacting WvW is perfectly okay.

And by adding a gold cost to the gear they are not eleviating the problem of WvW players having to do PvE to gear. Or how the gear looks rather poorly. So, culling got removed and we got a carrot on a stick-progression system.

And no one asked for passive skills. So only 1 real WvW problem was really taken care of, and.. well thats even left to be seen. Not sure how this will turn out at this stage, but lets assume it goes well.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

…they are doing exactly what they’ve always said

Not really, if they were doing what they always said, then firstly they would not have introduced it at all (other than as cosmetic items) and secondly that it would be available from every area of the game, like exotic armour is, even if you just WvW you can get exotic armour through badges, karma, the TP or crafting.

So the fact they may stick to the timetable for introducing it to the entirety of the game, it really pretty meaningless given they’ve already disregarded what they spouted for years whislt promoting the game. (And in case you missed it, they already admitted it was a mistake just introducing it for fractals, taking a year to fix that mistake is unimpressive)

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

The game isnt Guild vs Mob its called guild wars for 1 reason .. WVW. they shouldnt be worried about what PVE does. They should be adding more to WVW then PVE over all. IDK why in hell they keep adding to PVE and not doing crap but adding a crappy prgression system that over all does nothing for WVW.

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

PvE>PvP>WvW

100% Agree.. Drop rate is complete garbage.. 1 hour of farming CoF on my berserker warrior I profit like 4-6 gold. I’ll average it out to 10 gold per 2 hours. I did WvW last night for about 5 hours and made about 2 gold if that.. I also run with a great group so we got a lot of kills.. WvW has garbage drop rates, the badges we get cannot purchase any ascended pieces (earrings/rings/necklace/backpiece) nothing really. It’s all in PvE, so much for them saying if you want you can do WvW and keep up with PvE.. My kittening kitten