No Reward Track Selected.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Hi there, I’m hoping Gaile, or another anet employee will see this. Dear anet could you please add a checkbox in the wvw reward track options that allows me to select NO reward track. I am fed up with all of the chests cluttering my screen and all of the useless loot cluttering my bags, if i wanted loot i’d play pve, it’s really just a small qol issue for me, i don’t know if anyone else feels this way but i just do not want a chest every 2-3 minutes, filling up my bags with rubbish.

i desperately want this, please please please implement it, i’m so fed up of this clutter.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

In the meantime Just send me the loot m8

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

I’d rather see a checkbox for “repeat this track” so I didn’t have to keep changing it back to the one track I’d like to keep repeating.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Definitely needs repeatable;micromanaging reward tracks is annoying at best and hazardous at worst.

Also it would seem the newer reward tracks at least have the decency of making most of their chests identical so they stack in a few, so pick those for now. I would certainly like it if they did something similar for everything else.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

In the meantime Just send me the loot m8

Oh i will follow through on this lol

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I’d rather see a checkbox for “repeat this track” so I didn’t have to keep changing it back to the one track I’d like to keep repeating.

this so much. I usually am trying to run the same track for a collection or something. Great awesome fight happens, much wxp is accumulated, and I am on COE track for the 18th billion time…..

Note: fix pvp track too….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Hi there, I’m hoping Gaile, or another anet employee will see this. Dear anet could you please add a checkbox in the wvw reward track options that allows me to select NO reward track. I am fed up with all of the chests cluttering my screen and all of the useless loot cluttering my bags, if i wanted loot i’d play pve, it’s really just a small qol issue for me, i don’t know if anyone else feels this way but i just do not want a chest every 2-3 minutes, filling up my bags with rubbish.

i desperately want this, please please please implement it, i’m so fed up of this clutter.

I’d really love it if the dev read your post and disabled you from acquiring any loot or any progression in any reward tracks. Including Pips.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Or they can just have loot box boxes that stack and are the same title so they are the same loot box so you don’t get 10 different boxes.

in WvW

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

Or they can just have loot box boxes that stack and are the same title so they are the same loot box so you don’t get 10 different boxes.

This is the better idea. One chest with the name of the reward track you got it from. Then when you open it, it can be whatever loot and chests you would normally have received. I’m also ok with the option to not have a track selected, as well as a repeat this track option.

in WvW

Posted by: hanabal lecter.2495

hanabal lecter.2495

this would be amazing especially in those fights where you finish a track midfight and can’t change track since your mid fight so you end up getting points in some other random track =(

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

I’d really love it if the dev read your post and disabled you from acquiring any loot or any progression in any reward tracks. Including Pips.

do it, no more chest spam.

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

seriously though, these are good suggestions, but i would still like an option to have no reward track selected, it’s so frustrating to get “oh hi there brave adventurer, your bags are full of useless kitten again!” popping up so frequently because rewards are handed out for every. little. thing. just give me an option to opt out of having a reward track selected please.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Sorry I do not understand? You do not run a track at all? I mean you have all the stuff you can get from every track? I guess I do not get it? I like free gold…

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

Those chests wiggling at the side, sometimes multiple of those, and the click area is bugged (you need to try multiple times and to upper side) are almost constant, very annoying. Rewards should be a joy not a nuisance.
Just place those in the inventory, skip the need for all those clicks… About bags in bags and so on… minor sigils not being markes as trash items? Click with mouse is a pain, allow use to do it with keyboard keys… and allow to open everything at once, except content in hidden bags.

Edit: For those who still don’t get it why the OP (and not just the OP) is upset: it’s not the loot, or receiving rewards is the annoyance — but the WAY is handled the giving-receiving is so bothersome that leads to hating all those rewards. Give it nicely, show that box on side and then place it automatically in the inventory (some are placed if it’s ignored, I think, haven’t tested, but sometimes I just ignore them, though the animation IS very annoying if you do that) When busy during fights (that’s most of the times), we can’t do clicky-clicky and then have middle screen covered with a pop-up…

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

(edited by Tiawal.2351)

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Wut. The whole point of many reward tracks was so that you could get certain pve loot without having to set foot in pve (Anet listened to the many complaints about this). Not sure why you want to go back to the dark ages. But hey, each to their own.

Allowing an auto repeat would be nice. That little sliver of exp at the end of each finished track going into CoE has completed me said track (no idea whereabouts I originally stopped it at).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

OP to quote your own words from another thread: “…… these threads are a dime a dozen from people who do not belong in the game mode, either play the game or don’t, just quit your nonsensical whining…”

Amazing how it’s a QoL feature for you when you post it but if someone else posts a suggestion or QoL thread it’s “nonsensical whining”

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

OP to quote your own words from another thread: “…… these threads are a dime a dozen from people who do not belong in the game mode, either play the game or don’t, just quit your nonsensical whining…”

Amazing how it’s a QoL feature for you when you post it but if someone else posts a suggestion or QoL thread it’s “nonsensical whining”

There is only one thread about this, and that is mine, context is key here friend.. and yes this is a QOL feature. The threads you and many others have been creating about the new system, which is the reason you’re in wvw, not for the game mode, is as stated, nonsensical whining..

What i’m asking for is an option to select NO reward track, or at the very least stack-able chests and an auto repeat function on completion, with the removal of the hovering chests by map. Anything that reduces the amount of incoming useless clutter that i have absolutely zero desire for.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

First of all this is not the only thread about this issue, there is a thread currently on page 3 of the wvw sub-forums complaining about the chests so you are wrong in that regard.

Second, you have no clue about why I play WvW. I’ve played WvW since launch (rank 2900+) ankitten ot one of “new to the borderlands just intent on farming pips” like you seem to suggest. You are wrong again.

Third, if you would read the thread I created, I never endorsed the system Anet put in place for outnumbered pips. I even clarified it so people like yourself, the holier than thou types, would know that. I only suggested a change to the system as it’s implemented to stop the map hopping abuse. So you are wrong again (seems to be a habit with you).

Fourth, people need loot in the game and a number of people, including myself, like getting loot as we play a game. Is it the only reason why we play the game, no, but it adds to our enjoyment. So, to many of us, your request is, in your own words, “nonsensical whining”.

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

So, to many of us,

seems like you’re getting salty enough to try and derail a different thread because of some imagined personal issue you have with me for sure.

in regards to your point, one other thread, great, the search function on this forum is awful, anet admit this themselves, so i missed it.

second, i don’t care why you play, i made an assumption and was more or less right, you’re an advocate for changing a system that is working just fine, because you want easier loot. new or not. The change successfully punishes afkers, and encourages active play/participation, and accommodates many play styles.

Third, unless you’re part ettin, i don’t think you count as many of us, singular words like “to me” get YOUR individual opinion across better.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You should make a separate posting.

We all need this one – like two years ago.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Sorry I do not understand? You do not run a track at all? I mean you have all the stuff you can get from every track? I guess I do not get it? I like free gold…

If it were plain gold I doubt there would be complaints but the issue comes from the hidden cost of managing all those chests (sometimes chests within chests) and having the issue of bloated inventories which get full. And it can be quite tough since I think there’s a limit to the bouncing chests before they overflow in your inventory especially if you change maps.

Now I do understand that it is in Anet’s best interest to not just reward flat gold since gold doesn’t have any value on its own without all these materials the economy doesn’t work etc etc etc and also because managing your crap is a part of the game and the effort spent to monetize something is a factor in balance. But nobody likes it when people are like “I can’t fight! My bags are full!” especially if it’s a commander cough. Dropping a merchant for everyone in the map has become a courtesy move atm, lol.

In other words, some people would rather just be left alone and recieve nothing exchange for some peace and quiet. And honestly it has caused some distraction. For example, I’m getting annoyed at that “you received 0 pips” popup that covers my supply count.

They have addressed the problem somewhat as the rewards from the newer tracks are far more consistent, and most importantly, stackable.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: dorthyinwonder.9162

dorthyinwonder.9162

Those chests wiggling at the side, sometimes multiple of those, and the click area is bugged (you need to try multiple times and to upper side) are almost constant, very annoying. Rewards should be a joy not a nuisance.
Just place those in the inventory, skip the need for all those clicks… About bags in bags and so on… minor sigils not being markes as trash items? Click with mouse is a pain, allow use to do it with keyboard keys… and allow to open everything at once, except content in hidden bags.

Edit: For those who still don’t get it why the OP (and not just the OP) is upset: it’s not the loot, or receiving rewards is the annoyance — but the WAY is handled the giving-receiving is so bothersome that leads to hating all those rewards. Give it nicely, show that box on side and then place it automatically in the inventory (some are placed if it’s ignored, I think, haven’t tested, but sometimes I just ignore them, though the animation IS very annoying if you do that) When busy during fights (that’s most of the times), we can’t do clicky-clicky and then have middle screen covered with a pop-up…

While I understand your point about the excessive clicking, OP does specifically state they simply don’t want the loot from it, as it fills up their bags with useless stuff. Apparently they’d rather have the other useless stuff they pick up from the fights. It’s all pretty useless unless you get a pre-cursor or an ascended box, though. All on the same level of uselessness. (I, on the other hand, am okay with useless loot, as long as I can loot it all!)

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

Though not everything will be implemented, sometimes the devs can and should get some ideeas from useful feedback, about the effect that certain game mechanics have on players.
This is about how the rewards are given, more exactly the need to click with mouse, since Enter or Space or some easy key doesn’t work, and then being locked for a while into that pop-up that takes focus, and all these are happening when there are a lot of enemies around (loot and boxes are less problem when nothing is happening)

Also think about that many games we play or may have played, and how loot is handled in each. I won’t list it here, but many or most handle this better, so it’s something that definitely can be improved here (if the technical reasons vs. cost and so on allows it), without resorting to such drastic measures as refusing loot, requested in OP.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]