No WvW tournaments due to all these problems?

in WvW

Posted by: rek.1742

rek.1742

It’s been about 3 years since the last WvW tournament and can honestly say that I officially lost all hope. I was told there were no longer going to be any more tournaments due to all the problems and unbalancing involved with how WvW has become. Seeing that its been over 3 YEARS since the WvW tournament vendor has been lolling around. Why the tease anet you can brutaly be honest and just say its not coming I’m okay with that. Or at least a date release but waiting 3 years for anything is subpar. I think its time to say goodbye to WvW and move on to sPvP for actual competition.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Actually it’s been just under 2 years.

Haven’t missed much. And let’s be honest, there was no real competition since a month after launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well then go sPvP nothing stopping anyone. Problem with WvW tournaments is that its chaos. Its war. People have no control over what server wins – there is simply too much people. In sPvP teams can be controlled and just one person slacking or being good can decide a match. The tier separation is also working heavily against fair matches.

Personally I would prefer splitting the faction rankings instead. Spreads out victors and loosers much better (you would essentially have 3 rank 1 servers).

in WvW

rek.1742

This is what got me to continue to “compete” in WvW and actually focus on making a guild specific towards WvW but now its just a weekly cycle with no real purpose other than loot bags and bragging rights.

in WvW

rek.1742

It would be much appreciated it they took away the WvW tournament vendor then otherwise its like saying we might or might not continue to make legendary weapons – which is currently the case in PvE. Its somewhat insulting. Its not like getting first second or third gives your server anything other bragging rights tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

They are not planning tournaments because it caused a ton of player burnout which resulted in a permanent drop off in player levels and activity in WvW. The current state of wvw is not suitable for tournaments, at least not the way they were done back then. There is to much instability to handle tournaments. While it might have been good for some servers, it destroyed others.

I was on SoR for all 3 tournaments, and each time it was devastating to the server, many people got burned out, and there was an exodus after each tournament destroying the servers wvw population until we fell all the way to the bottom. Personally, after the first tournament I got so burned out, I didn’t even step foot in wvw for a few months, before the tournament I was almost living in wvw, that was all I did.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Also regarding the Vendor, I think he is there simply in case someone still have some tokens from the tournaments they haven’t spent yet. I know I had a few spare for about a year after last tournament (until I finally relented and wasted them on infusions…).

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Also regarding the Vendor, I think he is there simply in case someone still have some tokens from the tournaments they haven’t spent yet. I know I had a few spare for about a year after last tournament (until I finally relented and wasted them on infusions…).

I still have 1200 tickets and the golden yak finishers to use

For the OP, the Dev’s have said that there are no future plans for tournaments as they saw a permanent loss in players afterwards. That’s a permanent loss in players afterwards. So they are trying to not go there.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

they are thinking about adding rewards to the skirmish system, which could work as mini tournaments. guess thats a matter of opinion and how it actually turns out

in WvW

rek.1742

So 100% confirmed WvW tournaments are never going to come back correct?

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

What is the point of a tournament in a game mode that is poorly setup for competition?
Just some fancy reward?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

How do you have 1200 tickets?

I thought the tickets were awarded 200, 150, 100 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd in fall and 500 for 1st place in spring.