No WvW updates in expac 2, good meme ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Just watched the expac reveal and it’s pretty disappointing (but honestly not too surprising) that nothing about WvW or PvP was mentioned. Anet ruined and neglected these game modes to their deaths, and now that they killed the population for both game modes they can just pretend WvW and PvP don’t exist.

But I’m betting these new elite specs will introduce another power creep to try to force WvWers and PvPers to buy the expac anyway. Oh well, money talks and we’ll see how many WvW/PvP players want to buy an entire expac just for elite specs.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

I am going to tell my friend don’t buy the new expansion. Imcomplete expansion rush on sale. What a disaster.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Not buying without new competitive content. It’s as simple as that.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

didnt buy HoT for months also if not after a year, but at some point it just made me mad that i get wrecked by lesser skilled players just cus certain core chars where barely on par with new elites.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Pretty much my whole guild just wrote “What’s the point in buying this xpac? No new competitive content. Surge of new players for a month, then what are we left with after that? No wvw or pvp changes.”

Doesn’t seem like we’ll be buying the xpakittenil they throw some of their resources our way. Until then, other games!

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

How many still run vanilla builds? Yeah, thought so. You’ll line up to pay just like every other WvW player.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

How many still run vanilla builds? Yeah, thought so. You’ll line up to pay just like every other WvW player.

ill go vanilla 1 shot thief build, no problem for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

ill go vanilla 1 shot thief build, no problem for me.

Haha with the amount of passive defense/invulnerability/blocks in this game (and apparently more to come), that vanilla build has been long extinct.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

we have ew specs to try to play in WvW why doesnt tthat count?

anything else needs to be added or changed over time…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Elementalist Owner.7802

Or we’ll move to another game that actually puts resources into its competitive modes…

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Ten-bazillion percent true.

@everyone else: The empty threats of leaving/not buying exp are not necessary. Just make it known that you are disappointed that you don’t see any WvW content previewed. The best we can hope for is a dev to explain why.

Though honestly they probably won’t, because the forum-champions of WvW would throw another tantrum like they did with DBL, new siege, pips, etc…(any change from vanilla WvW, so I don’t even know why this is a concern at this point)

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

They literally just announced last week that they have switched to shipping competitive updates as soon as they are ready, instead of holding them for an expansion release. No competitive features in the expansion doesn’t mean no competitive changes are coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

The classes alone is enough for me to get it :p

AND DA CUTE BUNNY

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I’m surprised anet hasn’t deleted this thread yet

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

@everyone else: The empty threats of leaving/not buying exp are not necessary. Just make it known that you are disappointed that you don’t see any WvW content previewed. The best we can hope for is a dev to explain why.

Why is this an empty threat? Guilds and players have been bleeding from wvw since the last xpac and the horrendous delivery of the desert borderland.

Facts are facts: This expansion has little to offer existing wvw exclusive players to fix the issues present. New specializations is all we get (and more condi, yay -.-). This expansion comes after a large portion of the player base gets busier with school. Add to that the reality that other games are being released at a similar time and we’ve got almost no incentive to buy the expansion.

If Anet wants us to shell out for 5 PvE maps (but they’re big, so apparently that makes it OK) and a new specialization for each class, they’re going to have to show us a bit more than this. Maybe eventually some will cave, but some won’t. The bleeding won’t stop.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I just put up a straw poll. You guys should vote before it gets taken down or locked.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

You realize that they have stated they don’t hold WvW/PvP updates for expansion right? They release them as they become available?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

They aren’t linking WvW/PvP updates to expansions anymore. So they can ship those separately instead of all at once. If you think the new elite specs aren’t going to change much about WvW combat, you’re kidding yourselves. If you don’t want to buy it, then I respect that decision. But let’s not act like elite specs won’t be a complete game-changer.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Facts are facts: This expansion has little to offer existing wvw exclusive players to fix the issues present. New specializations is all we get (and more condi, yay -.-). This expansion comes after a large portion of the player base gets busier with school. Add to that the reality that other games are being released at a similar time and we’ve got almost no incentive to buy the expansion.

If Anet wants us to shell out for 5 PvE maps (but they’re big, so apparently that makes it OK) and a new specialization for each class, they’re going to have to show us a bit more than this. Maybe eventually some will cave, but some won’t. The bleeding won’t stop.

Last expansion had little to offer wvw too compared to the pve side, so again don’t know why you all were expecting something big out of this. With HoT we got a new map which we don’t even need the expansion for, we needed the expansion for shield gens, mastery for autoloot and provisioner, elite specs which was for the entire game. Oh and I guess guild halls where we were forced to pve grind out our wvw bonuses again. Plus we had to shell out $50 for it.

Everything else wvw related in the last year was for free, and I say free because every account type has access to it. But it all very well could have been held until this expansion instead, is that what you really wanted?

Sorry to burst the bubbles, but some of you really need to ground your hope and expectations. The “one big miracle overhaul” was already broken down and delivered in pieces. The wvw team is not in charge of combat or class balance, there isn’t going to be a miracle magic patch that will turn combat to what it was before the expansion, the condition garbage and overpowered elite specs are here to stay.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I’m not super upset that there wasn’t WvW content in the expansion. Rather, I’m upset that there isn’t WvW content on my radar at all. I’m fine with them working on stuff and I understand it takes time…but I need to know they’re doing something.

Apparently, we’re going to get an update later in the week on future WvW content. I don’t see why it would be so terrible to say a word or two about what it is now. This is when they’ve got people’s attention and they’re just pretending we don’t exist.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Mmm time for another $50 trait line

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

didnt buy HoT for months also if not after a year, but at some point it just made me mad that i get wrecked by lesser skilled players just cus certain core chars where barely on par with new elites.

Doesn’t that depend on the role you are playing too?
I mean, if it’s a guardian or a healing ele, a pew pew ranger, there are a few core builds for other roles that are viable, maybe it just doesn’t fit your playstyle

in WvW

Raven.1524

Well, if you are spending gems anyways for the fashion wars and what not, the 80$ ultimate pack makes the expac free.
————————————————————————-
- Character slot (10$)
- Identity repair kit (10$+)
- Permanent Pass (10$ no use for WvW players though)
- 4000 gems (50$)
Total = 80$

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Or the countless masses that just got up and left with HoT lol.

Based on what I’ve seen… the future of WvW looks very, very grim given the design and balancing nature of the next elites. And we thought it was bad already, lol.

in WvW

Raven.1524

Or the countless masses that just got up and left with HoT lol.

Based on what I’ve seen… the future of WvW looks very, very grim given the design and balancing nature of the next elites. And we thought it was bad already, lol.

I believe the future of WvW looks pretty bright…. Literally…..
Haven you seen the new expac skills? they glow and shine and make your screen go friggin white! You won’t see anything anymore xD

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Well, if you are spending gems anyways for the fashion wars and what not, the 80$ ultimate pack makes the expac free.
- Character slot (10$)
- 4000 gems (50$)
Total = 80$

Why not throw in some glider skins bro?

in WvW

Turk.5460

- Character slot (10$)
- 4000 gems (50$)
Total = 80$

Why not throw in some glider skins bro?

I’d rather it be mount skins:

-Easter bunny
-Raptor Jesus
-Jackal? Its a Jackal! Is it a Jackal? ITS A JACKAL.
-The Stingray that killed Steve Irwin

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Mount skins will be just as useful to WvWr’s so why not?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t really get it

They announce 9 new elite specs that change how classes play. Some of them change very drastically, some not so drastically, but still a comparatively big change compared to HOT class changes. With espec exclusivity, it’s basically adding 9 new classes.

If someone was selling DLC for a fighting game and it had 9 new characters for $30, that seems reasonable to me? I guess there’s a case that it’s not adding that much gameplay but I don’t know. Just adding especs is enough to greatly variate the play experience. They look like they might powercreep a bit but we’ll see if that actually happens, with a balance pass coming soon and further balancing down the line.

Not including new reward tracks, statspreads, stuff like that.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Don’t try to question them on their facebook page. They dont seem to want to answer any questions about wvw and take any criticism with extreme offense. I guess that answers our question if they have anything planned for wvw or pvp.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Funny how some of you care about wvw so much, but don’t even bother to read the forums or dev comments…

As several people mentioned, and Mo mentioned in the AMA, we release on our own cadence and will continue to release updates for WvW outside of the expansion release.

I also wanted to let everyone know that today is all about announcing the expansion, but later this week we will be talking about some of the upcoming updates for WvW.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

I am just laughing my ass of on all of you idiots, who cant read. They said they wont hold WvW and PvP updates for xpac but they will rather just release it when it is done…. Like with last WvW update, they could wait with it and reveal it as xpac content, but rather than that they shipped it right away as it was ready, so because you are blind and cant read and are too ignorant stop with your whining already and use a bit of brain please

in WvW

Elementalist Owner.7802

Funny how some of you care about wvw so much, but don’t even bother to read the forums or dev comments…

As several people mentioned, and Mo mentioned in the AMA, we release on our own cadence and will continue to release updates for WvW outside of the expansion release.

I also wanted to let everyone know that today is all about announcing the expansion, but later this week we will be talking about some of the upcoming updates for WvW.

Funny how that was posted after I made this thread…

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Funny how that was posted after I made this thread…

Checking the forums helps to be in the know, and obviously you missed that.

You also missed this thread, posted before yours btw, too…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Future-WvW-Content-Release-Reddit-AMA/first#post6664272

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

LetoII.3782

More crap in my bags isn’t really content.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I waited about 6 months on HoT, while sometimes getting wrecked 1v1. Didn’t care, still don’t.

I bought HoT for the story line when it was half-off and given the price of a paperback book these days I wasn’t too disappointed. The rest of HoT though, is mostly annoying maps where you can’t get from A to B, with out going to C, D and E first. A lot of the LW3 maps were exactly the same frigging thing and that’s what I expect PoF to be.

For 30 euros I would like to see how the story line continues, despite the kitten show we just got in LW3. Seriously, I thought we had a guild here? Dragon’s Watch? Uhm, where were they? Or, is this really just me being the star of the show again, like the story line in every other MMO out there?

I’m not buying today. I’m not giving them that fanboy satisfaction. I’m going to wait for the beta tryout and give my feed back. I’m not expecting mounts in WvW. Mounts will be the coin mall gliders, that’s all, and they wont work in WvW.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Still vanilla here.

If I buy HoT then I am rewarding Anet for Desert BL. Not gonna happen.

in WvW

Raven.1524

Still vanilla here.

WvW issues aside… The map is pwety~ $_$

in WvW

Posted by: danielrazor.6041

danielrazor.6041

Anet said that they would ship competitive content (pvp and wvw) as soon as they are ready through live updates and wont tie it to expansions so no need to throw tantrums people

“This year we also took a different approach with PvP and WvW releases. In PvE, we make fresh new content with the goal of surprising and delighting you with our work, but in competitive modes, the community owns the game modes and chooses what we work on, and we definitely shouldn’t be surprising you with where we take those game modes. Instead our goal this year was to develop more incrementally, test with the community on the live side, and take feedback every step of the way.”
~ Mike O’Brien

edit: In another post related to this topic a dev replied with this

“As several people mentioned, and Mo mentioned in the AMA, we release on our own cadence and will continue to release updates for WvW outside of the expansion release.
I also wanted to let everyone know that today is all about announcing the expansion, but later this week we will be talking about some of the upcoming updates for WvW.”
~ McKenna Berdrow

chillout guys, with how things have been for the past few months anet have put a little more effort into their competitive modes. Of course there are some glaring issues that really need to be addressed, of course there are things that they could have done so much better than what we got but at least something is being done, albeit at a snail’s pace.

cheers

[SALT] The Salty Pickles
Leia Ravenpaw – Dragonhunter
Daniel Ravenpaw – Daredevil

(edited by danielrazor.6041)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Why would you not buy it even if it doesnt change WvW?

Arent all WvW players really into PvE?

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Why would you not buy it even if it doesnt change WvW?

Arent all WvW players really into PvE?

lol…

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Or we’ll move to another game that actually puts resources into its competitive modes…

A MOBA? Then sure, I do the same. If you’re interested in the sPvP side of MMORPGs, team-vs-team, then going for a MOBA makes more than just sense, those games are built entirely around the team-vs-team aspect, and do it worlds better than even the best MMOs can.

If you mean large scale warfare, then… well… yeah. I mean I agree, go to a game which actually invests resources, and that’d be? Far as I can tell there is none, the last was DAoC (which did it really well, tbh, GW2 could benefit tons from a Darkness Falls and actually large maps), and the next potential one would be Camelot Unchained, no?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

Core guard is still better than dh…..

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

You’ll still pay for the little build variety this game has to offer.

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

You’ll still pay for the little build variety this game has to offer.

Never said I would not buy it but saying that no one is playing vanilla builds is not true. One of the most important class in wvw is still best with core spec…..

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

fwiw, i think it’s a good thing they aren’t putting wvw updates in expansion (look at how bad it was for HoT).

It’s almost compulsory that whatever new specs they ship with expansion will be incredibly OP so that the expansion actually sells. If they add money gated mechanics as well then it will pretty much kill WvW for a while.

WvW depends on the number of people playing it. The more barriers Anet puts up against WvW, the worse it becomes.

As an example, PvP is (pretty much) gated to HoT only, because almost all meta builds have the elite spec.
Anet COULD also have done the greedy thing and made WvW more HoT gated (Skirmish rewards only available to those with expansion etc…).

Usually during an xpac launch companies are looking for ways to push sales, which usually means new content = OP. The less attention WvW gets during an xpac, the more even the playing field, which is a good thing.

Honestly the best case would be to exclude WvW from expansion altogether (including elites etc), until everything has been reasonably tested and balanced. This gives everyone a fair go.

in WvW

Turk.5460

Still vanilla here.

I bought HoT and applauded them for DBL. Very pretty, new structures, routes. I feel sorry for you that you don’t understand change and can’t adapt to new strategies and areas. The entitlement is strong here…

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Turk.5460

Far as I can tell there is none, the last was DAoC (which did it really well, tbh…

Ehhhhhh. I think you’re romanticizing the past here. The RvR areas were gigantic. Most of which nobody ever step foot on. The current GW2 people who claim to hate DBL would throw a trantrum if they had to play there. All the action came from around realm gates – and don’t forget it took them what…over 4 years to implement diminishing returns on CC? Yeah, getting AoE Mezz’d for 52 seconds was really…engaging. And then ToA…the worst expansion I’ve ever seen in terms of ridiculously OP gear.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

They already said they won’t tie wvw updates to expansions and are going to release those features separate. I do like how they nearly cut the price in half though.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread as the developer response to this issue has been previously linked and made available. You may find it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Where-are-the-new-WvW-content/6663616