No armor repairs.

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: InZane.4563

InZane.4563

Its not in structured why is it in wvw , having to spend money because of dieing to a massive zerg, I know its not much of a bill but it adds up .

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Don’t die then, you enter WvW expecting to kill other people and should expect to die too.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I agree, repairs should really be removed. (more so because of culling gets our bills up higher then actually playing…)
Loot in there is a hell of a lot lower then in rest of the game. Grey claws by the dozens usually.
Siege gear isn`t free.
Upgrading keeps, camps etc isn`t free.
Also, why do we have to also pay for repair vendors, waypoints? etc
Would make more sense for these to spawn in say five or ten minutes after taking over a keep.

All that or equalise the loot to what it is in the rest of the game.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

If your team is successful you will make a decent bank off the drops and capture rewards, more than enough to cover both the cost of repairs and the cost of siege weapons.

The key is to be successful though: Don’t just run into a spawn camp and expect to make money or even live, go out the side doors and start capping camps. Each camp is 2 silver roughly, plus drops if you get any. Each yak is worth 1 silver and they’re typically defenseless. Each guard post is worth about 80c. All of these will pay for your repair bill even in lvl 80 exotics.

Little red Lioka

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

If you aren’t making money in WvW, you need to alter what you are doing.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i spend 6 siver /30 minutes in wvw, for food, i do 1 full repair /day or 2
so i actualy spend over 1 gold /day in wvw and still get profit over there.
Ofc if i want big money i go in fractals or cursed shore , but i noticed i can make 2-3 gold profit in wvw/day

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

I have never paid for a waypoint use in WvW. And if I’m not upgrading towers/keeps I always end up gaining money after I vendor blues and greens I get from loot bags.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Yes simple , dont die.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Fully upgrading Stonemist costs 370 Silver, a Keep 277.5 Silver, a Tower 92.5 Silver and a camp 45 Silver. OK, these are costs for upgrading everything and as things change hands these locations get upgraded to varying levels from nothing to full, and that is without any armour repairs.
For those of you who claiming to make a profit in WvW are you making a fair contribution to these costs? Odds are that for the majority the answer is no – upgrading structures is somebody else’s job, even though they’ll complain quickly enough if the upgrades aren’t present.
In the past 4 weeks I have made a loss of between 10 and 15 gold a week in WvW because others are unwilling to pull their financial weight on upgrades.
So just how long would it take to kill enough Dolyaks to fortify a keep?
(37.5 silver to reinforce the walls, 75 silver for the doors and another 150 silver to finally fortify)

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Fully upgrading Stonemist costs 370 Silver, a Keep 277.5 Silver, a Tower 92.5 Silver and a camp 45 Silver. OK, these are costs for upgrading everything and as things change hands these locations get upgraded to varying levels from nothing to full, and that is without any armour repairs.
For those of you who claiming to make a profit in WvW are you making a fair contribution to these costs? Odds are that for the majority the answer is no – upgrading structures is somebody else’s job, even though they’ll complain quickly enough if the upgrades aren’t present.
In the past 4 weeks I have made a loss of between 10 and 15 gold a week in WvW because others are unwilling to pull their financial weight on upgrades.
So just how long would it take to kill enough Dolyaks to fortify a keep?
(37.5 silver to reinforce the walls, 75 silver for the doors and another 150 silver to finally fortify)

no , i do not
and why would you upgrade supply camps ? , except the caravan guard./double delivery , if the camp is protected by players , constant not npc’s

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

Selling one green drop pays for the repair bill. Or two blue ones.

I mean, come on. If that’s an issue, you’re doing it wrong, I’m sorry to say that. Even with popping upgrades on towers and keeps, the only time I actually NOT make money in WvW is when I’m popping siege. But that’s all part of it.

If all you do is run away from a fight and only kill Dolyaks then sure, it gets expensive when someone kills you all the time, but as I said. That’s doing it wrong…

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

and why would you upgrade supply camps ? , except the caravan guard./double delivery , if the camp is protected by players , constant not npc’s

The camps aren’t very often perma protected by players, scouted yes but not like there’s always defense (I’m sure it’s not just on our server because enemy supply camps I take rarely have any player around unless they just came to take supply).
Buying the scouts and guard level upgrades both give an earlier alarm that it’s under attack (scouts) and it buys you time to get there to defend against smaller groups / solo’ers trying to take it (guard level upgrade).
Granted, not always required but I’ve made good use of it several times already.

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

If you aren’t losing money in WvW you need to start upgrading keeps.

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

Nah, that’s because…

…upgrading structures is somebody else’s job…

Well, crap.

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

Whether it’s no repair costs, or increased loot, they need to do something to make WvW more profitable. It seems to be by far the least profitable thing in the game.

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: nakirats.9376

nakirats.9376

system the wrong-weak pay more.
then they don’t play on WWW

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

Repair costs are a drop in the bucket compared to how much I spend on superior siege weapons and keep/tower upgrades. On an average day of WvW as a commander, I’ll spend 5~10 gold out of my own pocket. Sometimes I can get people to mail donations, which is great.. but that doesn’t always happen.

If the costs were shared equally among players it would be a non-issue. But as things stand we have 10% of the population covering 90% of the costs, which gets a bit ridiculous.

Back to the original point.. repairing is more of an annoyance than an actual cost. But isn’t WvW a large enough gold-sink as is?

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Add waypoint costs, remove repair bills.

Same effect but less people complain.

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Back to the original point.. repairing is more of an annoyance than an actual cost. But isn’t WvW a large enough gold-sink as is?

That’s my stance on the issue as well. It just seems like an archaic design thrown in because other games have done it in the past. It certainly doesn’t add anything to the game, or fun. So why have it?

No armor repairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

This x 1000.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |