No defeat, no competition in S1

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

BG doubleteamed JQ with help from SoR the first week without any help from Za Drots at all.

Fixed you. And yes, I was there and actually listened commander communications.

That is odd, I was on SoR BL every night during NA prime that week and can’t recall that happening even once, even without cross server communication. It is almost like people will say anything to avoid admitting defeat.

For all the people saying ZDs are responsible for BG’s dominating win: Show me any timezone where another server was stronger then us for the majority of a week. Every single timezone BG came out ahead over each match up (with the exception of week 1 EU I believe).

People wrote BG off in droves but forgot about our massive PvE population and severely underestimated our dedication. Can’t blame them, I don’t think anyone expected our non-dedicated WvW players to come out as strong as they did.

Edit: That is not to take anything away from the other servers, we are obviously all capable of great fights. BG always tends to perform best towards the end of the week, though.

I think the real issue here is that there just shouldn’t be any dedicated competition that takes place 24/7 over 7 weeks. WvW does not seem to have anything in common with sporting events, so organizing us into leagues where one day of performing badly can hurt your server for the rest of a “season” does not seem like a good idea. Not that I have a better one.

Hyade and his flamethrower

(edited by BAITness.1083)

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

BG doubleteamed JQ with help from SoR the first week without any help from Za Drots at all.

That is odd, I was on SoR BL every night during NA prime that week and can’t recall that happening even once, even without cross server communication. It is almost like people will say anything to avoid admitting defeat.

For all the people saying ZDs are responsible for BG’s dominating win: Show me any timezone where another server was stronger then us for the majority of a week. Every single timezone BG came out ahead over each match up (with the exception of week 1 EU I believe).

People wrote BG off in droves but forgot about our massive PvE population and severely underestimated our dedication. Can’t blame them, I don’t think anyone expected our non-dedicated WvW players to come out as strong as they did.

Edit: That is not to take anything away from the other servers, we are obviously all capable of great fights. BG always tends to perform best towards the end of the week, though.

I think the real issue here is that there just shouldn’t be any dedicated competition that takes place 24/7 over 7 weeks. WvW does not seem to have anything in common with sporting events, so organizing us into leagues where one day of performing badly can hurt your server for the rest of a “season” does not seem like a good idea. Not that I have a better one.

There will always be a excuse from a loser when they lost, ZDs just basicly victim of its. I wouldn’t denied that ZDs play in some part of our vital success. But for week1, some of them just transferred to us on Thursday which barely affect the result that much as we already winning that matchup.

Losing MERC/TKG/SUPR was huge blow to our SEA coverage. ZDs incoming was justified at any case in my point of view. Cant blame IRON or BG or ZDs for being the cause of SoR’s fall. That’s purely internal drama.

JQ’s current squad ATM/FOO/WvW/HzH/MERC is one of the biggest SEA coverage in NA T1 as all of those guilds can field 35+ each while BG average guilds can field 20+ each only. The fact that Waha Foo (leader of ATM) got busy with his life got nothing to do with BG.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Oh kitten, I just broke the “cue” button off my keyboard. But I’ve been typing that one key for the past 7 weeks non-stop, so no surprise there.

Fixed you. And yes, I was there and actually listened to you cry on comms all through Season 1.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Fixed you. And yes, I was there and actually listened to you cry on comms all through Season 1.

Oh, I shattered your dream. I’m so sorry about that.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

I’m talking about three servers here,

Blackgate
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi

Although their coverage and WvW participation are in different leagues, they all won 7 rounds undefeated. Besides the first week match with BG/JQ/SoR all of the matches that these 3 servers had were blowouts, the competing servers never had a chance. The players on these servers are not to blame, they all should enjoy the rewards they earned, however I think it will be unhealthy for WvW in the long term when some servers have a monopoly on winning. I’d like to see more competitive matches in Season 2, WvW will be more fun for all of us if that happens.

And I’m from Dragonbrand, I’m not sore about anything, we never had a chance at 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Every server has the same opportunity to get the coverage they need… HoD, BG, FA all put in work to get to where they are at right now.

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Season 2:

Diamond league: rank 1-3 = All blowout servers.( wether it is in gold or bronze..let em feel what it’s like to be low pop for a bit..)

Gold league: all servers that won with an average point difference of 30% over season 1.

Silver: All servers that avarged a second place in each matchup overall.

Bronze: Any server that didn’t manage an average second place in matchups.

There if fixed it .. now lets hear people complain about this suggestion being not fair to the blowout servers in lower brackets.

Moral victory in..10..9..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

Blackgate
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi

Although their coverage and WvW participation are in different leagues, they all won 7 rounds undefeated. Besides the first week match with BG/JQ/SoR all of the matches that these 3 servers had were blowouts, the competing servers never had a chance. The players on these servers are not to blame, they all should enjoy the rewards they earned, however I think it will be unhealthy for WvW in the long term when some servers have a monopoly on winning. I’d like to see more competitive matches in Season 2, WvW will be more fun for all of us if that happens.

And I’m from Dragonbrand, I’m not sore about anything, we never had a chance at 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Every server has the same opportunity to get the coverage they need… HoD, BG, FA all put in work to get to where they are at right now.

Im trying to decide whether this guy is new to BG/WvW, purposely twisting these things across multiple threads because he was asigned and job or truely believes what he is saying, also the tags are interesting, PPT is still king in some peoples minds?

I’m starting to think that you can’t handle the truth… Sorry if the truth hurts you but it is what it is, buddy.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Blackgate
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi

Im trying to decide whether this guy is new to BG/WvW, purposely twisting these things across multiple threads because he was asigned and job or truely believes what he is saying, also the tags are interesting, PPT is still king in some peoples minds?

PPT is the point of the game for still a great number of players. As with any scoreboard system people can’t help but get agitated when it doesn’t look as they think it should. I think fewer and fewer will end up caring about ppt, but i hope Anet does a work over of the scoring system to promote it is something important and something competitive rather than how it typically is now.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

There will always be a excuse from a loser when they lost, ZDs just basicly victim of its. I wouldn’t denied that ZDs play in some part of our vital success. But for week1, some of them just transferred to us on Thursday which barely affect the result that much as we already winning that matchup.

Losing MERC/TKG/SUPR was huge blow to our SEA coverage. ZDs incoming was justified at any case in my point of view. Cant blame IRON or BG or ZDs for being the cause of SoR’s fall. That’s purely internal drama.

JQ’s current squad ATM/FOO/WvW/HzH/MERC is one of the biggest SEA coverage in NA T1 as all of those guilds can field 35+ each while BG average guilds can field 20+ each only. The fact that Waha Foo (leader of ATM) got busy with his life got nothing to do with BG.

The fact is SoR didn’t have a guild on during ZD’s timezone. Iron started like 2-3 hours after them and and had some leadership away from the game. No guild to counter them from taking t3 structures = match over.
With the amount of guilds in t1 I would consider this to be the “pvd” here.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Removing the scoreboard altogether is a bit of a radical move, but I can see the appeal. People are irrationally driven by having a number that somehow affirms some sort of superiority, no matter how empty that superiority really is. It’s pretty easy to see in some of the posts here.

I mean, I guess most of the others who haven’t transferred to a mega ppt full coverage server more or less understand the stupidity of it all, but who are we to deny the fun of other people? If some sad sod feels good by transferring to <megaserver here> and seeing a big pie chart, more power to him.

Look at all you geniuses endlessly repeating the same arguments about which server is bigger, who recruited more guilds, who is “pvd” in what time zone and who “deserves” the “win”. In a game mode where winning is decided by participation, and where anyone can join the “winning” side if they wanted to. Think about it for a second maybe.

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Blackgate
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi

PPT is the only material BG trolls have. You can pretty much ignore anything this one says.

no thats not what I mean, just look at the post history, very recent poster (new player? banned player with new account?) most are taunts or apologistic statements among other things, if you look at the other threads you can see im not the only one who noticed, so weird ._.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Hey, the league is over.

People have been crying and/or bragging about the same kitten for almost 2 months. If you won’t stop at least find something new.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Blackgate…please stop. The “We were the underdogs” story is getting old.

I feel sorry for you all…your server built (some would say bought) an awesome WvW army. But winning hands down and easy will wear thin week after week…soon you will see guilds moving to servers where they are challenged.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

Maybe if SoR didn’t give up in Week 2 after they had a 20k lead, they might be the ones with the golden dolyak.

Coverage isn’t an issue for any of the T1 servers, you only have yourselves to blame.

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

Blackgate
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi

PPT is the only material BG trolls have. You can pretty much ignore anything this one says.

Listen, it isn’t BG’s fault that multiple guilds decided to transfer off of SoR during leagues. Playing the blame game is childish…

I really hope the implosion on your server simmers down a bit so we can still fight you in T1 for months on end.

in WvW

SpehssMehreen.5897

Blackgate
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi

Listen, it isn’t BG’s fault that multiple guilds decided to transfer off of SoR during leagues. Playing the blame game is childish…

I really hope the implosion on your server simmers down a bit so we can still fight you in T1 for months on end.

WTF? what in the world is this guy talking about, how did this guy get to guilds transfering? ._. as soon as he saw the poster tag instantly went on and attacked? what in the world? why so churlish? what in the world is going on

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

BG players look at SoR as if it’s some monstrous blob of evil. They don’t seem to understand that the server is comprised of individual guilds and players. The few remaining active guilds on SoR have no more control over the former SoR guilds as BG does.

IRON isn’t on SoR anymore so please quit calling them SoR. If you want to blast them for giving up, go blast Gunnar’s Hold. That’s where they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Hey, the league is over.

People have been crying and/or bragging about the same kitten for almost 2 months. If you won’t stop at least find something new.

Don’t worry, your wish is coming. In a few hours you will see people crying about RNG.

I wonder how long it will take the “Matchups are Horrible” thread to return to the first page?

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

BG players look at SoR as if it’s some monstrous blob of evil. They don’t seem to understand that the server is comprised of individual guilds and players. The few remaining active guilds on SoR have no more control over the former SoR guilds as BG does.

IRON isn’t on SoR anymore so please quit calling them SoR. If you want to blast them for giving up, go blast Gunnar’s Hold. That’s where they are.

Its not specific to Sor, look at the posters history, everytime something comes up pertaining to something even close to bg, it comes up, a poster with Sor or JQ tags, instantly blasted, I mean is this what the forums have become? the most bizarre thing, its a relatively new account, so I have no idea whether its some1 with a new account or (I hope not) a new player, utterly bizarre, normal people do not talk this way

lol this guy likes me for some reason…

I understand that you’re mad; but don’t hate the player, hate the game.

(edited by Gilgamesh.7364)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

and HoD I have no idea what happened.

Look above HoD and you will see NSP and IoJ.

Last time HoD beat NSP was Week 13, back in April.

Last time HoD beat IoJ was in July, NSP won that match, HoD was second. Look at the two matches in September, IoJ beat HoD by150K and 220K.

If Kaineng hadn’t imploded NSP would have won Bronze, most likely undefeated.

Kaineng imploded long before the Season announcements, it just took a long time.

KN sticking around would have totally changed the landscape.
Both of the 2 implosion steps (WM and bandwagon exodus, and 2nd exodus (of CNB, Rx, KA) would have put SoS at the top of Silver and would have drastically changed the landscape of the Silver League in bizarre ways.

It’s almost impossible to speculate but either SBI or FA (possibly both) would have gone to Gold, Maguuma’s guilds would have x-ferred to Gold League servers for the season, and SoS would have gotten bandwagoned so hard that it would make SBI blush.
Not to mention that SBI might have imploded the final week if they were certain for Gold.

What if’s like this delve into speculation and fantasy.

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

Blackgate
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi

WTF? what in the world is this guy talking about, how did this guy get to guilds transfering? ._. as soon as he saw the poster tag instantly went on and attacked? what in the world? why so churlish? what in the world is going on

Attachments:

in WvW

SpehssMehreen.5897

Its not specific to Sor, look at the posters history, everytime something comes up pertaining to something even close to bg, it comes up, a poster with Sor or JQ tags, instantly blasted, I mean is this what the forums have become? the most bizarre thing, its a relatively new account, so I have no idea whether its some1 with a new account or (I hope not) a new player, utterly bizarre, normal people do not talk this way

lol this guy likes me for some reason…

I understand that you’re mad; but don’t hate the player, hate the game.

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA, what the kitten? XD

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I feel sorry for you all…your server built (some would say bought) an awesome WvW army. But winning hands down and easy will wear thin week after week…soon you will see guilds moving to servers where they are challenged.

We were the underdogs after the majority of our OCE/SEA coverage went over to JQ and SoR. We were left with equal NA coverage to SoR and JQ, equal OCE/SEA coverage to SoR while significantly weaker to JQ in that TZ, and slightly weaker EU than SoR and slightly stronger than JQ in that TZ.

Even now, JQ has the most stacked SEA timezone of any server. It just lacks leadership with Ralikh and Waha not active.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Huh, I was on JQ BL that first Friday Night of Season 1, care for me to tell you what I witnessed? Really flies in the face of your comment above. And I, personally never underestimated BG, I always felt BG was our biggest competition and it proved so.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

Huh, I was on JQ BL that first Friday Night of Season 1, care for me to tell you what I witnessed? Really flies in the face of your comment above. And I, personally never underestimated BG, I always felt BG was our biggest competition and it proved so.

I’m pretty sure every map was filled with PvEr’s on Friday night of Season 1…

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

I am speaking about cross server communication and or cross server working together, which obviously happened on JQ battleground that first Friday Night, particularly at Garrison, which seemed to cross hands every 15 min or so between two servers not named JQ, with timely precision and without any fighting… how odd.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I am speaking about cross server communication and or cross server working together, which obviously happened on JQ battleground that first Friday Night, particularly at Garrison, which seemed to cross hands every 15 min or so between two servers not named JQ, with timely precision and without any fighting… how odd.

Organizing a 2v1 on a BL is extremely easy when 2 servers have a common goal. Both SoR and BG needed JQ in 3rd so as long JQ didn’t have garrison, it didn’t matter which of us had it. No direct contact is needed if the commanders are half decent and considering it was the first night of seasons, I’m sure every one had one of there best out there.

Now that said, who really knows if SoR and BG commanders were talking, we never really will but making sad excuses because you failed to hold garrison on what had to be the hardest night to do so is silly.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

In EU problem is that one server try to win, but most of server doesn’t really care about score. You just need 800 players who care about score enough to stay awake whole night or wake up early and play whole morning. Most of server have enough players to do this, but for some reason they won’t do it.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

Organizing a 2v1 on a BL is extremely easy when 2 servers have a common goal. Both SoR and BG needed JQ in 3rd so as long JQ didn’t have garrison, it didn’t matter which of us had it. No direct contact is needed if the commanders are half decent and considering it was the first night of seasons, I’m sure every one had one of there best out there.

Now that said, who really knows if SoR and BG commanders were talking, we never really will but making sad excuses because you failed to hold garrison on what had to be the hardest night to do so is silly.

No, I’m responding to BAITness and his allegation he didn’t see anything suspicious, I’m reporting said suspicious behavior, like you said, I have no knowledge anything occurred as far as x server communication nor am I all that upset, because we did the same to SoR later without x server communications, which is why they’re in 4th and not 3rd. No sad excuse for not holding Garrison when double teamed. That is a fact of this game, I don’t believe any 1 server can hold a point without siege vs two complete map blobs who aren’t attacking each other, BG sure couldn’t when we chose to move on you along with TC a few times.

Edit: Oh and congrats on BG coming in first.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

(edited by NargofWoV.4267)

in WvW

Zikory.6871

No, I’m responding to BAITness and his allegation he didn’t see anything suspicious, I’m reporting said suspicious behavior, like you said, I have no knowledge anything occurred as far as x server communication nor am I all that upset, because we did the same to SoR later without x server communications, which is why they’re in 4th and not 3rd. No sad excuse for not holding Garrison when double teamed. That is a fact of this game, I don’t believe any 1 server can hold a point without siege vs two complete map blobs who aren’t attacking each other, BG sure couldn’t when we chose to move on you along with TC a few times.

Ah I see, I misunderstood, hence my responce. :p But yeah your right, Garrison is the single hardest keep to hold against a full 2v1 on reset. I bet you guys got some great fights out of it though, garrison defenses are some of the best imo.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: aop.6052

aop.6052

There was no competition in any of the leagues in either NA or EU. Every league had one server that totally dominated it. It’s pretty clear Season 1 leagues were abysmal failure because Silver and Bronze leagues were dominated by servers who dropped rankings on purpose and Gold league by those who “recruited” (= bought) players from other servers.

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

There was no competition in any of the leagues in either NA or EU. Every league had one server that totally dominated it. It’s pretty clear Season 1 leagues were abysmal failure because Silver and Bronze leagues were dominated by servers who dropped rankings on purpose and Gold league by those who “recruited” (= bought) players from other servers.

Yea, but Anet will move the winning servers up, you watch and see. Obviously BG isn’t going anywhere, but lets see how they get dealt with in season 2.

My guess, the last place servers will move down and the first place servers will move up.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Failure isn’t the right word for it. While yes seasons had its problems, the main goal was to bring new players into WvW and it did just that. The WvW population has grown and people that would have never played it, tried it, and enjoyed it.

Also as we “bought” and now “own” guilds, maybe we should rent them out?

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

You can’t have competition in wvw. Wvw is like little league soccer, yeah there is a score but no one cares and you all get juice and cookies in the end.

all of a sudden we get leagues and you take little league soccer and make the score matter, then you let a bunch of kids move to what ever team is winning, then you let the winning team start the game 2 hours before and 2 hours after the actual game and let them count all the goals they scored well the other team wasn’t there.

so yeah umm that pretty much sums up this season.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Blackgate was the perceived weakest T1 server before league starts and even after BG won the first week of league, I would glad to provide links to threads/posts claiming that from JQ and SoR if you are in doubt. The success we have in Season 1 does not change the fact that a lot of people were surprised and shocked by our performance initially.

Also I would advice you to not make predictions about what will happen to BG as you guys are really not good at making predictions giving how your pre-season predictions turned out…

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Before the first two weeks of the season BG was counted out in favor of the hyped up JQ.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Blackgate was the perceived weakest T1 server before league starts and even after BG won the first week of league, I would glad to provide links to threads/posts claiming that from JQ and SoR if you are in doubt. The success we have in Season 1 does not change the fact that a lot of people were surprised and shocked by our performance initially.

Also I would advice you to not make predictions about what will happen to BG as you guys are really not good at making predictions giving how your pre-season predictions turned out…

First: Disclaimer: The predictions I make are mine. They are not necessarily endorsed by my server. If you have a beef about it take it out on me…not JQ as a whole.

Second: I noticed you even acknowledge that Blackgate was “perceived” to be the weakest. Thanks, that’s the first time I heard a BG person even come that close to admitting they weren’t underdogs.

Like I alluded in my post, there are a lot of BG people still claiming that Blackgate was the underdog and the ONLY reason you went undefeated was by the grit and talent of your players. I’m not saying you don’t have any talent, but please…be honest, your server won primarily by numbers.

And I stand by my personal prediction…what fun is not having any competition? The better guilds will move on to be challenged. The weakest will stay for the Karma Steamroll.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Zikory.6871

First: Disclaimer: The predictions I make are mine. They are not necessarily endorsed by my server. If you have a beef about it take it out on me…not JQ as a whole.

Second: I noticed you even acknowledge that Blackgate was “perceived” to be the weakest. Thanks, that’s the first time I heard a BG person even come that close to admitting they weren’t underdogs.

Like I alluded in my post, there are a lot of BG people still claiming that Blackgate was the underdog and the ONLY reason you went undefeated was by the grit and talent of your players. I’m not saying you don’t have any talent, but please…be honest, your server won primarily by numbers.

And I stand by my personal prediction…what fun is not having any competition? The better guilds will move on to be challenged. The weakest will stay for the Karma Steamroll.

You must not read the forums much because he is far from the only person to comment on that. Thing is everyone likes being the underdog, its so much sweeter when you win. All the comments ruling out Blackgate came from other servers but Blackgate knew where we stood and just never corrected you. Why would we? Our plan was to come out fighting, stay focused and communicate, we executed that more or less flawlessly. Regardless if it was superior numbers, superior tactics, better players, none of that matters to us as we played our game and did what we set out to do.

Also we never underestimated JQ or SoR because we know better, we have been fighting long enough that slacking off for even one night could end the match. We showed up in force to every match because we had/have heaps for respect for your servers and what you can do on the battle field. Based off a lot of comments from your server mates (not necessarily you) it seemed we had more respect for your server then you/they did.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

Most of BG players (at least the serious ones) are always saying we are the perceived underdog entering the season, of course we wouldn’t be able to win the season if we stay out-coveraged by JQ or SoR during the season.

As for how we win, all T1 servers have the population to offer good numbers in all time zones, JQ was said to have 24/7 queues until you fought BG in week 5. Winning WvW in T1 has always been about organizing/mobilizing the server population better and keeping the server’s morale high. During season our guilds stayed up longer, the server was able to get more Pvers to actually try and stay in WvW, and we got ZDs to help cover our weak time zone after we lost MERC/SUPR/TKG in that time zone. So it is how we turn a server that has the weakest coverage before the season to the one with a stronger coverage that allow us to win season 1. Grit and determination certainly plays an important part in it, our guilds and commanders were willing to stay up super late to cover our weak time zones/push enemy’s weak time zone while some other server simply give up when they find out they have a weakness. You won’t keep your server’s morale high if you give up easily.

There are more competition now than a lot of times in the past (e.g. JQ’s long-term dominance after the end of free transfer) and server strength always fluctuate especially now the season has ended. I know many guilds are enjoying the fights now and they don’t seem bored shrug

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Most of BG players (at least the serious ones) are always saying we are the perceived underdog entering the season, of course we wouldn’t be able to win the season if we stay out-coveraged by JQ or SoR during the season.

As for how we win, all T1 servers have the population to offer good numbers in all time zones, JQ was said to have 24/7 queues until you fought BG in week 5. Winning WvW in T1 has always been about organizing/mobilizing the server population better and keeping the server’s morale high. During season our guilds stayed up longer, the server was able to get more Pvers to actually try and stay in WvW, and we got ZDs to help cover our weak time zone after we lost MERC/SUPR/TKG in that time zone. So it is how we turn a server that has the weakest coverage before the season to the one with a stronger coverage that allow us to win season 1. Grit and determination certainly plays an important part in it, our guilds and commanders were willing to stay up super late to cover our weak time zones/push enemy’s weak time zone while some other server simply give up when they find out they have a weakness. You won’t keep your server’s morale high if you give up easily.

There are more competition now than a lot of times in the past (e.g. JQ’s long-term dominance after the end of free transfer) and server strength always fluctuate especially now the season has ended. I know many guilds are enjoying the fights now and they don’t seem bored shrug

I wonder if the lost sleep was worth a non permanent finisher and a rng chest.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

And bragging rights.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

And bragging rights.

wait people needed to win the season to chest thump? Well a few people missed that memo!

in WvW

Zikory.6871

And bragging rights.

wait people needed to win the season to chest thump? Well a few people missed that memo!

Don’t talk down to Mag! They did a awesome job this season!

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

I can’t speak for others, but the whole process where a whole server coming together united and work hard to win the first season making the lost sleep worthwhile. I wonder whether some server regrets its decision to not try hard at all which leads to serious server internal-drama and splitted community….

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

I can’t speak for others, but the whole process where a whole server coming together united and work hard to win the first season making the lost sleep worthwhile. I wonder whether some server regrets its decision to not try hard at all which leads to serious server internal-drama and splitted community….

I wouldn’t know. My server seemed resigned to the fact we didn’t have a shot pretty much during week 2. It seemed people just got tired of going to bed with full upgraded keeps and getting on after work to see we owned next to nothing and where another 5k points behind. At some point you just stop fighting for PPT and just go out because you like open world pvp. That was hmmm about release for me but others seem to be catching on.

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Yeah, people were pulling 12+ hour Command shifts LONG before Season 1 was announced or even being discussed. People were staying up late trying to win their matchups as far back as 24-hour resets, when WvW matches actually didn’t count for anything really (MOS wasn’t even tracking it yet!) A lot of the game’s best Commanders were long gone before this Season 1 thing even started as result, unfortunately…

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Sometimes I wish that there was a feature implemented so whenever the losers of matchups mentioned any variation of the words tanked, stacked, purchased guilds, coverage, or any of the other excuses used for simply not winning would immediately lock the thread.

Seriously, this is just a game. Accusing other servers of any of the above without proof is just silly. You can be suspicious all you want, but I will never understand the need to come to the forums to whine about it. Everyone should know by now why matches are won and why they are lost, yet EVERY SINGLE THREAD in wvw seems to have someone feel the need to bash an entire server or vent their frustrations and make excuses as to why they should have won, rather than just admitting defeat.

If your server took the time to identify your own weaknesses and worked on solutions, perhaps you could improve your situation. Complaining about other servers simply will not increase your chances at winning whatsoever. I just don’t see the logic in all the unfounded complaints regarding this stuff.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

I wouldn’t know. My server seemed resigned to the fact we didn’t have a shot pretty much during week 2. It seemed people just got tired of going to bed with full upgraded keeps and getting on after work to see we owned next to nothing and where another 5k points behind. At some point you just stop fighting for PPT and just go out because you like open world pvp. That was hmmm about release for me but others seem to be catching on.

Many servers have coverage problems worse than T1 servers, and yet servers like Yak’s Bend and TC had fun and came out of season 1 feeling good about themselves despite being out-coveraged by opponents while some other server is experiencing problems. Do you think what is a server’s attitude towards playing hard to win has anything to do with it?

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Guys, I’d like some input from the T1 and T2 players. My question is, let’s say that during a certain time zone, your server normally has two maps queued, and an active presence on the other two maps. If the server starts playing against a higher rated server that has significantly higher coverage, does that make people stop playing? I’m 99% sure that the answer is yes, but who stops playing? I always thought that the people getting affected by low morale are the casuals who enjoy easy fights. If the WvW guilds on your server have scheduled weekly raids, surely they would keep the same raid schedule no matter who they fight, right?

I guess my question is, do casual players only get affected by low morale, or do organized guilds also get hurt by it?

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Guys, I’d like some input from the T1 and T2 players. My question is, let’s say that during a certain time zone, your server normally has two maps queued, and an active presence on the other two maps. If the server starts playing against a higher rated server that has significantly higher coverage, does that make people stop playing? I’m 99% sure that the answer is yes, but who stops playing? I always thought that the people getting affected by low morale are the casuals who enjoy easy fights. If the WvW guilds on your server have scheduled weekly raids, surely they would keep the same raid schedule no matter who they fight, right?

I guess my question is, do casual players only get affected by low morale, or do organized guilds also get hurt by it?

T1 servers have a huge PUG/militia population to supplement the WvW guilds. From any given night in WvW, after most of the NA guildies have logged off, a guild could be running with around 10-15 people while commanding around 40. This is especially the case with home borderlands and EBG.

SoR has managed to keep at least one guild running around 30-40 strong around the clock floating around the maps, but JQ and BG tend to lose that once SEA/EU time zone rolls around and we get smaller groups running with a large number of pug players. Though JQ still has MERC, ATM and FoO that run tagged and in large-ish groups (20-30), BG has KnT (about 15-20 during oceanic) and ND (can field a full map zerg but usually runs around 30-40) running tagged those time zones, but that’s generally for 2 maps. Commanders on the other two maps are generally NA commanders staying up for a bit of training, or commanders from smaller guilds running tagged to try get a force with them to compete on the map.

Because we rely so heavily on pugs, when they stop showing up, T2 servers could probably match us in numbers should they have their pugs out. That’s probably the biggest difference between T1 and T2 servers that I’ve noticed, is that we have a far larger pug population in wvw.

When overall morale is low on the server, these pugs stop showing up first, followed by the casual wvwer (who’s likely in a wvw guild).

Beastgate | Faerie Law