No option to report for hacking?!

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Just recently I saw something that definitely was hacking.
Some Norn Engineer decided to fly up in the air and get inside tower, whizzing past me at insane speeds.
And there’s no option to report for hacking. what.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Send a support ticket

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

Support ticket is a waste of time, and reporting the player is a waste of time as well. First, there’s no option specifically for “cheating”, so you’re stuck with options like “botting” and “LFG System Abuse”.

Second, nothing will happen to the cheater anyway. Case in point, there’s a cheater on one particular server who my buddies and I have reported dozens of times over the past two years. This cheater is on our block list, and we’ve monitored him throughout this time. He continues to WvW every night, and when our servers are matched up, it’s a guarantee that we’ll come across him a dozen or so times in that 7-day period, and each time he’s blatantly teleporting/speedcheating. I doubt we’re the only ones who have reported him, so you can imagine the amount of times he’s probably been reported over the YEARS he’s been cheating. Nothing has ever happened to him. As a matter of fact, he’s playing right now.

Anyways, like I was saying, don’t bother wasting your time.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

The fact is people have stopped complaining about hackers in this game as said anet do not care about hackers.

Yes they ban a few people, but most of those are people like us who get banned from these forums for reporting the hackers!

Yes, anet would rather punish you for reporting the hackers on the forums than they are the hackers themselves!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Hacking? unintended special features you mean. Completely legal as nothing getting done with it and yes, you will get infracted by mentioning this on the forums.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Send a support ticket

Or write the characters name on a piece of paper and throw it in the trash bin. Both of these options will lead to the same end result.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I sent in a ticket and got a nice response saying that they will investigate the matter.

You all think that they are able to just flip a switch and ban every player who gets reported the second a report goes in. Umm no. They themselves have to investigate the matter every single time and they obviously get tons of tickets.

Also, i am not sure what you mean by getting banned from the forums. If you are name dropping in the forums then that is a mistake you are making.

So yeah, keep saying things like they don’t care and it is a waste of time to report hackers. I am sure that will get you a faster response.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

There is no hacking in GW2 and that’s why there is no report option…

/sarcasm

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I sent in a ticket and got a nice response saying that they will investigate the matter.

You all think that they are able to just flip a switch and ban every player who gets reported the second a report goes in. Umm no. They themselves have to investigate the matter every single time and they obviously get tons of tickets.

Also, i am not sure what you mean by getting banned from the forums. If you are name dropping in the forums then that is a mistake you are making.

So yeah, keep saying things like they don’t care and it is a waste of time to report hackers. I am sure that will get you a faster response.

Wait, you got an actual response?! o.O Never happened for me and I’ve sent video!

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I caught a few guys hacking, took a couple screenshots, sometimes if I have fraps loaded, a video. They knew I caught them but I told them I am no longer care. Do whatever they want to do, if it makes them feel better. I Just announce on map chat to pay attention to such guild w/ such mesmer when they are around towers etc.
I also know what tool they used to go through wall, running speed hack just above 33% so they don’t raise any suspicion, FoV hack, and things like that. It’s better to keep everybody in the dark so if you lose, you always think the other player are better, right?

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I’d post my mail conversations with the support staff(oh, yes, their 1st reply was “we will investigate”) over 1 such case, but last time I did I got 3 infraction points and 1 month forum ban for “naming and shaming” and “being disrespectful”.

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Googling on GW2 hacks, visiting a couple of websites that provide them and then reading their forums on those hacks you can gain a picture of the number of people that are actually using them or attempting to use them and it is ugly.

I did find something interesting reading the forums on one of the hack programs out there.. Certain things have been masked so as to keep it clean but this reply was from on of the developers of a certain hack program.

“Then try to manually inject the DLL (*.dll in “bin” directory into Gw2.exe)"

So the question is, and I am not a computer programmer, if they are injecting a dynamic link library into the Gw2 executable, would it not alter/change the size of that executable and would not a simple size check during login prevent a good chunk of these hacks?

Just asking!

Theftwind (HoD)

(edited by Theftwind.8976)

in WvW

Posted by: Styles.7469

Styles.7469

Putting in an option to report people for Hacking would be abused by a good deal of the population, simply because they don’t like someone and would do it out of spite.

Bad option is bad. Record it, screen shot it, do whatever. Anet still won’t do anything about it.

I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s a waste of time to report hackers. Look at how they wanted to create an automatic system for stopping siege griefing (total fail, by the way). They clearly do not want to spend any man-hours dealing with WvW issues like griefing/hacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Yeah, our whole team on Frostreach just experienced a whole bunch of hackers from the guild Hammer Kult [HK]. Not cool. Completely ruins my EOTM experience as well as others.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Styles.7469

Yeah, our whole team on Frostreach just experienced a whole bunch of hackers from the guild Hammer Kult [HK]. Not cool. Completely ruins my EOTM experience as well as others.

HAHAHA!!!!

Funny you should say that; I ran into at least four Hammer Kult people using hacks last night! A Guard, Warr, Mesmer, and Thief.

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Well I myself have been reported for hacking by noobs who got backstabbed(i’ve also got reported for infinite dodge and oneshotting guards with pistol whip, not to mention infinite stealth) by my thief(omg 20k backstab, how unrealistic)…
But flying enemies? Holy hell that’s impossible.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

in WvW

SkyChef.5432

Googling on GW2 hacks, visiting a couple of websites that provide them and then reading their forums on those hacks you can gain a picture of the number of people that are actually using them or attempting to use them and it is ugly.

I did find something interesting reading the forums on one of the hack programs out there.. Certain things have been masked so as to keep it clean but this reply was from on of the developers of a certain hack program.

“Then try to manually inject the DLL (*.dll in “bin” directory into Gw2.exe)"

So the question is, and I am not a computer programmer, if they are injecting a dynamic link library into the Gw2 executable, would it not alter/change the size of that executable and would not a simple size check during login prevent a good chunk of these hacks?

Just asking!

They don’t alter GW2’s files. They just intercept the executing codes from the running process and alter the data.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

why would you need to report hackers? hackers don’t exist in this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

why would you need to report hackers? hackers don’t exist in this game.

That certainly does seem to be their stance.

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yet another reason WvW is the worst mode in the game, and always will be.

in WvW

Styles.7469

Yet another reason WvW is the worst mode in the game, and always will be.

Seriously, dude. You’ve already stated in other threads that you don’t WvW. Why the fk are you even here? xD

Gtfo and go back to Angry Birds, scrub.

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

It should be possible to flag movement that should be impossible. In other words, calculate the maximum distance that a certain class can cover optimally using every enhancement, skill, and rune the player is using and compare that with how far the character actually moves and then flag it if it seems impossible. Reset the check if they use a portal or waypoint. Flag any character found under a map or flying over a map. Flag any character that moves through or up a wall. If other players are seeing it, these movements must be getting reported to the central server. This doesn’t even have to be done in real time while it’s happening. Log the movements and then churn through them later.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Not sure how many reports and videos it took but Anet just banned a hacker that was causing trouble in my current matchup. It’s nice to see them taking action, hopefully they will keep it up.

LGN

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Not sure how many reports and videos it took but Anet just banned a hacker that was causing trouble in my current matchup. It’s nice to see them taking action, hopefully they will keep it up.

How do you know this person was banned?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

How do you know this person was banned?

They posted a screenshot on the matchup forums.

LGN

in WvW

SkyChef.5432

The thread Jim mentioned is the DR/HOD/BP 10-31 thread.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Those are the same guys who plague our matchup for a whole week (NSP-CD-HoD). How did you manage to get dev attention? Or was it luck?

in WvW

SkyChef.5432

Those are the same guys who plague our matchup for a whole week (NSP-CD-HoD). How did you manage to get dev attention? Or was it luck?

No idea. I’m not the one reported them but I guess whoever sent the video, sent it to Chris Leary, as someone has mentioned in the attached post regarding to dungeon griefing which Chris promptly took care of the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Dont bother these people at Anet dont give a flying kitten about WvW hackers they love to destroy WvW community by let hackers do what they please and introduce no white swords.

Get ready for massive teleport hacks t flip towers and keeps in mili seconds without anyone notice.

Anet is like Bagdad Bob, sad, and yes I will get banned for what I write but frankly at this point I dont really care.

in WvW

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I like many others have seen tons of hacking and reporting the guy never did a thing. I would see the same guys doing it over and over for months when the servers matches would get locked with the same teams for months. The funny thing when you type it out in map chat the guild, class, and race in map chat and then people on your own server defend the guys. I think what a lot of us realized is that there is enough on all servers doing it that hopefully it evens out. Its a pitiful way to look at things but it is what it is.