No perma stealth condi thief in T4

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I’ve had the chance to roam from T1 to T4 on TC who went on free fall.

My experience is as below.

T1 has odd occasions of perma stealth condi thieves. But very rare.
T2 has the most perma stealth condi thieves.
T3 on odd occasions too, similar to T1.
T4 has zero perma stealth condi thieves.

I’m in T4 now for about 2 weeks and have not met a single perma stealth condi thief.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I’ve had the chance to roam from T1 to T4 on TC who went on free fall.

My experience is as below.

T1 has odd occasions of perma stealth condi thieves. But very rare.
T2 has the most perma stealth condi thieves.
T3 on odd occasions too, similar to T1.
T4 has zero perma stealth condi thieves.

I’m in T4 now for about 2 weeks and have not met a single perma stealth condi thief.

Because they got nerfed 2 weeks ago when their main damage source of needle trap was made to reveal with damage…

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

As someone else noted, ghost thief was nerfed to the floor. It’s possible to do damage without being revealed now, but would take about 10-15x longer to kill someone. The main damage traps were made to trigger reveal.

You don’t see ghost thieves anymore because Anet nerfed it when a thief solo’d a raid boss with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

As someone else noted, ghost thief was nerfed to the floor. It’s possible to do damage without being revealed now, but would take about 10-15x longer to kill someone. The main damage traps were made to trigger reveal.

You don’t see ghost thieves anymore because Anet nerfed it when a thief solo’d a raid boss with it.

A trap should never reveal a caster, but the victim. Logic, duh! ANet again demonstrated they have 0 clue and no common sense whatsoever.

I like the fact it got nerfed, but I expected a more logical approach, like removing the even so completely obsolete Trapper runes, removing certain condis from the thief or reducing stacks and duration. How absurd does this even sound… you place a trap and YOU get revealed? This does not make any sense!

And again we got a nerf only after something happened in PVE… if this kept going on in other game modes they wouldn’t care…

Good thing ESL cancelled this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

A trap should never reveal a caster, but the victim. Logic, duh! ANet again demonstrated they have 0 clue and no common sense whatsoever.

I like the fact it got nerfed, but I expected a more logical approach, like removing the even so completely obsolete Trapper runes, removing certain condis from the thief or reducing stacks and duration. How absurd does this even sound… you place a trap and YOU get revealed? This does not make any sense!

And again we got a nerf only after something happened in PVE… if this kept going on in other game modes they wouldn’t care…

I absolutely agree, I mean in real life when I’m using my magic powers to make me invisible and I trap people I don’t suddenly become visible. Where’s the logic anet!

Smfh

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Funny thing is I ran into a stealth trapper teef and wheni triggered one of his traps (needle trap), he stayed stealth. Pretty sure I have it on recording as well as it was only today or yesterday.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Logic? Man… we’re talking about people disappearing from sight, others shooting fireballs, etc, etc. What they did was fine, and “logic” and “common sense” don’t factor into the equation beyond balance in relation to the rest of the game.

And most ghost thieves don’t use Trapper Runes.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Logic? Man… we’re talking about people disappearing from sight, others shooting fireballs, etc, etc. What they did was fine, and “logic” and “common sense” don’t factor into the equation beyond balance in relation to the rest of the game.

I know this is a fantasy game but that does not mean it has to be a complete mess far away from any logic. Even in fantasy films when someone creates a trap it reveals their enemy and not them.

If not, then just destroy it completely by giving teleport with guns shooting radiating spider web to every class and make all look like hulk-coloured unicorns with devilish horns, beer backpacks and weed logo on their chests so all can be happy.

(edited by Inoki.6048)

in WvW

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Funny thing is I ran into a stealth trapper teef and wheni triggered one of his traps (needle trap), he stayed stealth. Pretty sure I have it on recording as well as it was only today or yesterday.

It is still possible to do damage while stealthed, just can’t use the high damage traps. There are still non reveal traps but they do very little damage and are unlikely a threat.

Alternatively, it’s possible for you to hit a trapper thief’s traps and him be nowhere near you, so you’ll think he’s stealthed but you just hit a trap laying in the ground and he’s not nearby anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I know this is a fantasy game but that does not mean it has to be a complete mess far away from any logic. Even in fantasy films when someone creates a trap it reveals their enemy and not them.

If not, then just destroy it completely by giving teleport with guns shooting radiating spider web to every class and make all look like hulk-coloured unicorns with devilish horns, beer backpacks and weed logo on their chests so all can be happy.

If we’re going on logic then how come the worst party support profession in gw2 doesn’t have the higher dps. But yet a profession that has the highest amount of group healing also has the highest dps?

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Wtf does this sentence even mean? Maybe try using punctuation next time.

Teleport with guns already exists, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Shot
Not to mention theif SB has a teleport and sword on multiple professions has a teleport.
Devil horns are in game, you can make a character green, no idea wtf a beer backpack is but there’s plenty of goofy back pack skins.

Please stop ranting and make a sound argument of why the game would be better with ghost thief.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

no idea wtf a beer backpack is but there’s plenty of goofy back pack skins.

Whoa boy do I have something that will delight you today… included the other one in case they meant bear instead of beer.

Attachments:

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

DATS WOT AM TALKIN BOUT!

dats y i take a nife 2 da store!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

DATS WOT AM TALKIN BOUT!

dats y i take a nife 2 da store!

the game is not ment to make…. sense….

If the game was ment to make sense:

-> Auto atacks would not even damage the guy that at the side of my target by my 20cm knife… since its not targeted… but the cleaves are neeeded since player feeel ruuuwarded for the spam.

->There would exist a mechanic that would check if thief is taking damage and uncloak them if was the case, or if was detected by targets(or possible targets like some mmo’s actually have).

-> There would be a plethora of builds each one acording to each time of players, players would have to co-exist and help each other.

-> Anet would have the capacity to do game balances if needed and on the right skill/trait.. whatever was needed.

->less or no gimmicks rotations and more dependable of actually what is going on.

……

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)