No queues its great! WvW rocks right now

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Hi guys been reading and hearing a lot about queues but have yet to experience the problem myself. I currently reside on Isle of Janthir and apart from reset night(5min wait no biggie) I havent had to queue and WvW is just epic right now. Great fights everywhere I turn, I don’t have to roam very long b4 running into an opposing faction. Also skill Lag what lag? no much of that either (though I avoid mass blobing). I have currently finished almost 7/15 of wvw achievements without trying at all.

My experience so far is leagues is a great success and it has been like a breath of fresh air to wvw. Now I understand that many of you are not have a good experienced at all. Lots of you cant get into WvW, you suffer with long queues and when you do get in you suffer lots of skill lag and dcs. Also some may only be able to play at certain times and may not even get to finish the wvw achievements.

So my question is for those who are suffering is why not consider moving to a lower pop servers? If you can’t even play when you want to play what is the point? Also if your on a stacked server that’s already going to win your gonna get the rewards even if you move. Time is important! and when you want to use it to enjoy yourself you don’t want to waste it waiting around in a queue. Honestly I don’t see a solution coming for the queue problem anytime soon. A good option for those suffering is to move(prob T5 or lower) and start enjoying the game because you are missing out.

FYI you welcome to join me on IOJ

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

agreed. not much queue in CD either, especially BLs , at most 5-10 minutes.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

maguuma vs sea of sorrows vs tarnished coast. 3 hour queue on friday

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

you finished 7/15?!!? so fast

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yeah fc can occasionally queue a map if our floaty zerg is big enough and theres some people already in the map, but pretty much no queues after reset night! i have 11/15 of the meta already, and 7 of the other 8 are pretty close!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

on a t2 server not much in que i think its a t1 problem

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

t7 and small queues only at evening. I LOVE NEW LEAGUES.
I am only worried that next week i will make no achivements because of population imbalance on lowest 3 servers:-(

in WvW

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

Everytime when I read a poste from someone that is home to a T3/ T2 server telling ppl to move to an lower server I like to throw up. You just keep insulting at least half of the population of higher servers. Not everyone has moved there because of the league. Ppl actually might have friends there, they like to play with in wvw. Ever thought of that? I moved to another server a while ago, because I couldn’t stand the atmosphere on my old server anymore, even though it was a hard decisions, but atleast I had friends on an other server. Yeah sure there were queue’s before, but even with bad luck it was only 1h or so. But I had queue like these even on my older T2 server (not as often, but more often than some ppl might think). So DON’T tell me, moving is the key, this is pathetic!

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Yea for NA the insane queues are exclusive to T1.
Not sure what the situation is in EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I see what you’re saying. We should all transfer to IoJ en’mass. That’ll solve the problem!

in WvW

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm i’m in sea of sorrows, the queue is not that bad though.
my time zone is gmt +8:00

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

surprisinly even mid servers have queue times, but they are maybe 7 min long and only during prime time..i suspect archiv hunters; probably won’t be as bad after week or so

as for ppl claiming that they are originally from t1 servers yada yada, guess what? that very original servers of yours were paying guilds to transfer to t1 servers lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

gidorah.4960

Everytime when I read a poste from someone that is home to a T3/ T2 server telling ppl to move to an lower server I like to throw up. You just keep insulting at least half of the population of higher servers. Not everyone has moved there because of the league. Ppl actually might have friends there, they like to play with in wvw. Ever thought of that? I moved to another server a while ago, because I couldn’t stand the atmosphere on my old server anymore, even though it was a hard decisions, but atleast I had friends on an other server. Yeah sure there were queue’s before, but even with bad luck it was only 1h or so. But I had queue like these even on my older T2 server (not as often, but more often than some ppl might think). So DON’T tell me, moving is the key, this is pathetic!

moving is still the key even if you don’t like it. the dev’s said this would happen if people stacked on t1 servers and it did. you don’t have to move but since you are the solution to your own problem don’t tell anet to fix it or complain about it to people on lower tiers with no que. people like you moving to t1 created the problem people like you moving off of t1 servers will fix it.

in WvW

gidorah.4960

hmmm i’m in sea of sorrows, the queue is not that bad though.
my time zone is gmt +8:00

que isn’t bad in maguma either i am guessing it is strictly a tc thing. maybe they could roleplay that they are refugees and leave or something

(edited by gidorah.4960)

in WvW

vincecontix.1264

I agree with you about people who through not fault of there own also have to suffer because of recently xfer/bandwagon people hence my other thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/how-WvW-queues-can-reward-server-loyalty/first#post3063495
a person who has called a server there home for longer should be prioritized in wvw queues its only fair and people might think twice b4 they transfer in masses and further ruin wvw balance.

Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Ebay has had queues on reset, and they were only about 5 minutes for enemy borderlands. Eternal and home were between 5 and 30 minutes. Outside of reset night, we have maybe 5 minute queues on home bl and eternal, and that’s it. Off-peak, there’s never a queue.
We’re not going to be winning many matchups, but driving PvE players into WvW is nice if you can deal with them. It’s a bit frustrating when they queue a borderland and then lose everything, but they’re learning, and the lack of queue means they may be able to learn quicker than other servers. Plus, there’s always a nice fight.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

So my question is for those who are suffering is why not consider moving to a lower pop servers? If you can’t even play when you want to play what is the point?

ArenaNet finally needs to fix the population shown in the server list – to make it repesent the amount of people playing WvW and not the amount of regiysered accounts(that might even be players not playing GW2 at all).

To lower the cost… there are servers “very high” with weak WvW population.

Also after they make this they should make 2-4 weeks free transfers to let it balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

No, the insane queues are exclusive to Jade Quarry.

SoR/BG queues are 5-20 minutes, JQ queues are 2+ hours.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

I’m on SoR. There’s no need for lies. I’ve seen the qq in hotm. I’m not complaining about the queues though, I can do other stuff while waiting

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Okay, that seems fair. Because it’s as easy as it sounds right? Let’s just move to another server!

But wait… Once your guild moves there, they will be facing bad guilds, unorganised pug blobs of 50 guys max which is equal to boring raids.
For guilds like Scnd there’s not much to be found in lower tiers, because there’s no competition to find there.
However in higher tiers, there is a huge amount of enemies to face. Fighting organised pug blobs of 60-80 man is fun to fight, IF you have no lag.
Now this is a pretty big problem.
So basicly to sum it up, ’’hardcore’’ guilds in WvW get bored fast because:

• In lower tiers it’s boring because of no competition
  • In higher tiers there’s competition, that gets destroyed by insane lag

in WvW

Posted by: Tinoosh.5386

Tinoosh.5386

Hi guys been reading and hearing a lot about queues but have yet to experience the problem myself. I currently reside on Isle of Janthir and apart from reset night(5min wait no biggie) I havent had to queue and WvW is just epic right now. Great fights everywhere I turn, I don’t have to roam very long b4 running into an opposing faction. Also skill Lag what lag? no much of that either (though I avoid mass blobing). I have currently finished almost 7/15 of wvw achievements without trying at all.

My experience so far is leagues is a great success and it has been like a breath of fresh air to wvw. Now I understand that many of you are not have a good experienced at all. Lots of you cant get into WvW, you suffer with long queues and when you do get in you suffer lots of skill lag and dcs. Also some may only be able to play at certain times and may not even get to finish the wvw achievements.

So my question is for those who are suffering is why not consider moving to a lower pop servers? If you can’t even play when you want to play what is the point? Also if your on a stacked server that’s already going to win your gonna get the rewards even if you move. Time is important! and when you want to use it to enjoy yourself you don’t want to waste it waiting around in a queue. Honestly I don’t see a solution coming for the queue problem anytime soon. A good option for those suffering is to move(prob T5 or lower) and start enjoying the game because you are missing out.

FYI you welcome to join me on IOJ

I am happy to see that you are enjoying WvW!

The answer to your question about why we, who are in higher populated servers, do not change to lower populated servers is because we like our server. I can’t speak for all when I answer this, but I am loyal to the server I play on, even if there is a queue time in order to get in to WvW. Imagine the hassle it would take to switch servers every time a queue time would pop up on the server WvW. It is a waste of energy in my opinion, to transfer just because a queue has popped up, even if it is around 20 minutes to 1 hour long queue time.

I moved from a low populated server because the server had so few players in WvW, so no action, no success or progress because of the lack of people. It would just feel empty if I were to move down again because of the temporary WvW overflow (Thanks to the Seasonal achievements). OBS! I moved servers long before Leagues were introduced, and I am not in a T1 server either, just to clarify!

(edited by Tinoosh.5386)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’m on SoR. There’s no need for lies. I’ve seen the qq in hotm. I’m not complaining about the queues though, I can do other stuff while waiting

Sucks to be you, I haven’t had to wait longer than 2 minutes.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Okay, that seems fair. Because it’s as easy as it sounds right? Let’s just move to another server!

But wait… Once your guild moves there, they will be facing bad guilds, unorganised pug blobs of 50 guys max which is equal to boring raids.
For guilds like Scnd there’s not much to be found in lower tiers, because there’s no competition to find there.
However in higher tiers, there is a huge amount of enemies to face. Fighting organised pug blobs of 60-80 man is fun to fight, IF you have no lag.

You do realize the fact of the matter is…

If all the “elite” guilds seperated into other servers… then more tjhen just 3 servers would actually be competitive and thus more unique fights and different strats to test yourself against?

Because people stacked… THAT is why as you say all the organized guilds are… but should you never have stacked… then more or the servers would have that organization.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Blob less. Work with the community. Show server loyalty.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

So let me get it straight. I am playing on a server which is mid-silver league (so not, I am not stacked at top tier). I am on that server since day one. Should I now feel forced to, scratch that, should my entire large guild feel forced to to move to low-bronze server becouse Arena decided to funnel masses into WvW, for which said WvW is not ready? We have 3.5h queues to EB and at prime time all borderlands are queued. Should I leave a server I play over one year on? Should I leave all the commanders I met? Should I leave friends I roam with? Nice solution.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

You do realize the fact of the matter is…

If all the “elite” guilds seperated into other servers… then more tjhen just 3 servers would actually be competitive and thus more unique fights and different strats to test yourself against?

Because people stacked… THAT is why as you say all the organized guilds are… but should you never have stacked… then more or the servers would have that organization.

Actually there are no ‘’elite guilds’’ left. 90% of the guilds are scrubs and not fun to fight.
The 3 top servers aren’t ’’stacked’’ because of ’’guilds’’ but because of the amount of players stacking. That’s rather a community than guilds.
I’m actually even surprised if I face a guild in the tier 2 of the golden league.

And even if you were right. Full servers vs full servers was always the concept they described as ‘’epic massive fights’‘, said before release/during beta’s. So yes, it should run smooth, no lag or whatever, when you get 100v100. And then I’m not even speaking of 30v70 that already causes 9/10 times massive lags.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

EU prime queues are nutty. But I know there’s no queues on Piken when NA prime starts. And we are currently ticking second in “T1” ….

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

vincecontix.1264

So let me get it straight. I am playing on a server which is mid-silver league (so not, I am not stacked at top tier). I am on that server since day one. Should I now feel forced to, scratch that, should my entire large guild feel forced to to move to low-bronze server becouse Arena decided to funnel masses into WvW, for which said WvW is not ready? We have 3.5h queues to EB and at prime time all borderlands are queued. Should I leave a server I play over one year on? Should I leave all the commanders I met? Should I leave friends I roam with? Nice solution.

I suggested moving as an option(mainly address to people on stacked servers) because it seems this queue issue is going to remain for several more months if you don’t mind putting up with it than thats fine. Also I do feel about people in your shoes that why I made this other thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/how-WvW-queues-can-reward-server-loyalty/first#post3063495

Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

guise – they aren’t going to increase the # of players per map. this means average queue time is not going to go down unless wvw population drops.

there will be NO solution to queues unless it involves LESS people in wvw on your server. period.

get that through your head and ask yourself what options do you have left?

1. hope population goes down
2. transfer
3. sit in queue

any other choices?

in WvW

vincecontix.1264

you finished 7/15?!!? so fast

Yes its easy when you spend times playing instead of wasting it in a queue. I’ve read that people are waiting 1-3+ hrs each day to get into wvw that is crazy! You can complete alot of achievements with that much time over a couple of days. I don’t really care about achievements I care about getting good fights that is why I play this game indirectly I happen to get some ap.

Also someone in my match up finished all the wvw achievements in 3 days https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Rejoice-WVW-players-Because/first#post3066368. So assuming you can get into wvw they are very easy to complete.

Isle of Janthir

in WvW

gidorah.4960

yes if you don’t like que’s transfer.