Nobody Playing: Something must be done

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m making a new topic, because I don’t feel Anet understands the gravity of the situation. This is WvW now in Tier 2:
Friday night, 11pm est
Home BL: a dozen people afk, a handful roaming, no tag
Other BLs: one is empty, one has 3 people on it, no tag
EBG: a few people roaming the map, one of the enemy team has a group, no tag

In fact the only tag I can find is a EotM group farming keeps without fighting, probably some of the few people left not realizing that the rewards have been nerfed.

Is Anet taking note of what is happening to their own game? It’s impossible to find a fight on a Friday night in the most populated servers. Other tiers beside Tier 1 are just completely empty, but Tier 1 is impossible to join. A friend of mine just transferred to T2 from T3 to realize that the game is dead here too and was so dissapointed. People are just leaving the game because the simple improvements that would make WvW good are apparently never coming (and no I’m not talking about new WvW rank masteries; I’m talking about scoring system, new overflow system, removal of identical maps and population merges).

If you are not doing something soon to attract people to the new Borderland maps (rewards, massive server merge, PPT improvement, PPK system, waypoints, etc) you’re just going to lose the few people that are left.

Again, I’ve said this over a year ago: It’s a shame to see the wasted potential of WvW. It could easily beat the multiplayer gamemodes of any game currently available with just a little bit of care from the developers.
I’m saddened to see my friends leaving the game so soon after an expansion, and that there is nobody in charge of WvW at Anet willing to make it a truly rewarding and intense experience. Many GvG guilds have already disbanded.

I hope you have something planned for soon because I don’t think the WvW/GvG community will wait another year.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Noo GvG guilds don’t quit. I wanna shoot mortar burning over you and bore you to death.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I think that Anet are discussing this atm because you cannot ignore this kind of traghedy to the game when so many people quit a gamemode..

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Well, Friday night is karma train night (as sad as that sounds).

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Just, wow. I wonder if there are any Devs in the new BL’s tonight playing incognito? If so, why don’t you pay a visit to T4 for an hour or so?

Edit: ##!=÷÷%!## It’s Friday night, the other two servers are ktraining my home Desert Borderlands map. This never happened before HoT.

I need to get a crusty goat kitten .
I’ll wrap it in shiny green paper and mail it to myself with a note that says, Happy Heart of Thorns!

Edit2: whoa, t_rd is a kitten word?

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

in WvW

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

People running events in HoT maps also complaint about empty maps. Meanwhile players complaint can’t get into a group for raid. Maybe many turn to BF, FO4, HL5, …

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Noo GvG guilds don’t quit. I wanna shoot mortar burning over you and bore you to death.

They’re currently too busy dancing and laughing in their arena’s while pointing at your post.

Also their metrics already told them fridays had lower participation in wvw, so the change they’ve made for reset on saturday instead has been backed up by this thread!

It’s pretty sad at this point… but hey gais! they just released a new raid! wvw players really LOVE to pve! so check it out!

Sad face

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

Also their metrics already told them fridays had lower participation in wvw, so the change they’ve made for reset on saturday instead has been backed up by this thread!

That’s not really what they said. They didn’t specify that they were talking about wvw participation – I think they were talking about general numbers, so e.g. players who only play pve were included, too. My interpretation of what they said is: “More people log in on Saturdays than on Fridays, so we’ll change the reset to Saturday so that more people can enjoy it.”

Here’s a link to the post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-the-Heart-of-Thorns-Release/page/6#post5614578

Now I don’t really know why they thought that pve/pvp players would suddenly know that reset is happening while they are online on Saturday evening and rush to join it – because let’s face it, if you don’t care about a game mode you won’t read the news about it and you won’t know when things reset there.

In the end I guess it doesn’t really matter, though, as it wasn’t the primary reason for the reset change anyway.

RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I’m making a new topic, because I don’t feel Anet understands the gravity of the situation. This is WvW now in Tier 2:
Friday night, 11pm est
Home BL: a dozen people afk, a handful roaming, no tag
Other BLs: one is empty, one has 3 people on it, no tag
EBG: a few people roaming the map, one of the enemy team has a group, no tag

In fact the only tag I can find is a EotM group farming keeps without fighting, probably some of the few people left not realizing that the rewards have been nerfed.

Is Anet taking note of what is happening to their own game? It’s impossible to find a fight on a Friday night in the most populated servers. Other tiers beside Tier 1 are just completely empty, but Tier 1 is impossible to join. A friend of mine just transferred to T2 from T3 to realize that the game is dead here too and was so dissapointed. People are just leaving the game because the simple improvements that would make WvW good are apparently never coming (and no I’m not talking about new WvW rank masteries; I’m talking about scoring system, new overflow system, removal of identical maps and population merges).

If you are not doing something soon to attract people to the new Borderland maps (rewards, massive server merge, PPT improvement, PPK system, waypoints, etc) you’re just going to lose the few people that are left.

Again, I’ve said this over a year ago: It’s a shame to see the wasted potential of WvW. It could easily beat the multiplayer gamemodes of any game currently available with just a little bit of care from the developers.
I’m saddened to see my friends leaving the game so soon after an expansion, and that there is nobody in charge of WvW at Anet willing to make it a truly rewarding and intense experience. Many GvG guilds have already disbanded.

I hope you have something planned for soon because I don’t think the WvW/GvG community will wait another year.

Playing against BB and SFR is not any better I can tell you. Roaming is completely dead. All that’s left is ganking squads and blobs, the borders are completely deserted.

I ran into another person from my server yesterday after 15 minutes of walking around on a border because EB queue was up. He told me i was the first person he saw after 20 minutes….

The borderland maps are just some dev’s wet dream that he realized, not thinking for one second that the map is too freakin big.

HoT killed GW2 for me.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Playing against BB and SFR is not any better I can tell you. Roaming is completely dead. All that’s left is ganking squads and blobs, the borders are completely deserted.

And due to the autoupgrades, its really hard to find motivation to do anything.

I visited an enemy border this morning that was all T3. Every tower, every camp, every keep. And I know the enemy did nothing to deserve that. The only reason its T3 is because no one has been there all night – barely even the enemy. We actually had our border camp, T3 of course lol.

kitten the autougrade timer

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Scribe is too horrible to get those tactivators running.

Auras don’t work at all since the last patch.

Please change “World vs World” to “Synthesizers and Guild Commendations”.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It really is a struggle right now. Im on CD and everyone was on the EB borderland. We were pushed into our wp.

We owned everything in Cd borderland since everything was fully upgraded and small groups wouldnt want to go in there and try and take fully upgraded points. Then EB we can even grab teh side camps. People just start leaving.

I used to see people in here for hours since there was always a place for them to go. There is nothing more frustrating then trying to take something and it upgrades or you go to a enemy BL and everything is fully upgraded and no one is there. Simply just frustrating.

in WvW

Posted by: Brocktanor.1794

Brocktanor.1794

I think all you guys are having problems because you guys are not in WvW guilds or that your guilds are not making the right decisions. I’m on Ring of fire ( silver/bronze). Our guild has spent all his time since hot launch on borderlands. The first week, we didn’t have fights every time we did a raid, that’s true. However since the last two weeks we’ve had tons of fights every day at any hour.

If you manage to build up a little group you can cap towers easily and could even cap keeps. And the fact that you are capping stuff will draw attention from the enemy and they will come on the borders. Of course if people don’t do the effort to cap because it’s gona take 5 minutes to take down the wall or a door of course the border will stay empty…

I can understand that people that are not in a big pvx guild or in a wvw guild have a hard time building up such groups but if you realy want to have fun on the borderlands join a wvw guild.

The ones that need to be blamed for the bad situation on certain servers/matchups are mainly the guilds that are all the time on EB, not A-net! If the guilds are on EB nothing will happen on the borders, EB will be full of blobs and there will be a queue. Pugs will get frustrated on empty borders and quit WvW.

To resume;
If guilds get on borders, they will attract more and more people on borders. Guilds will have high quality fights on border. More pugs will go on EB and have fun over there in mind-less zergs. Roaming on EB and borders will have more sense..

What I’ve said just above is what’s happening on RoF. It’s really a win-win situation for everyone and everyone is having a blast over here!

in WvW

Posted by: Brocktanor.1794

Brocktanor.1794

Of course some incentives could help draw guilds/people to the borderlands and would be welcome. How nice would it be having a new armor skin and weapon that can be bought through tokens that only drop in borderlands?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Of course some incentives could help draw guilds/people to the borderlands and would be welcome. How nice would it be having a new armor skin and weapon that can be bought through tokens that only drop in borderlands?

Not really nice when the only people that would go there is to get the armor skin and then go back to other game modes..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

A lot of people have left because they dislike the new borderland. I don’t like it either but I don’t really mind sticking to EB. As I see it, a bigger problem is that the meta is absolute dogkitten right now.
Between the June patch and HoT, overall damage output has become absurd. They’ve just piled both hard and soft CC onto the elite specs. Frontlines are in a terrible state. Backline and focus builds are one-shotting eachother left and right.
It’s just not particularly fun to play at the moment.

in WvW

Fellfoot.8156

I hear ya, but it’s just not the case where I’m at. Late night Friday’s BL was a guaranteed great time before. I’m just so kitten disappointed now.

I have to disagree with you that it’s the guilds’ fault, though. The players didn’t change reset, the players didn’t implement this broken new map. (broken = too many people don’t want to play it, just saying)

I’ve spent enough time in the BL to learn my way around and how things work. I still kitten hate the rocks in my face. The barricades dont bother me anymore now that ive learned how to jump over them. I’ve got a love/hate relationship with the camps now; they’re designed to encourage ktraining which is fine I guess; sometimes I just run back and forth to camps to kill the guards and yak’s and don’t bother with the capping ‘cause I’m just there to kill mobs, right Devs? “Just means more wxp for us..” to quote a rare roamer, or was that an incognito Dev?

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Thanks for the reply. Personally I don’t think the problem is with the new map but instead how the new map was implemented without the necessary core WvW changes.

If it was just me I would increase the speed of upgrades by 500% and make PPT a real-time tick (much lower than it currently is, 5 pts for a keep, 10 for SM, 3 for towers and 1 for camp, ticking every second), add a PPK based on the server position (1rst = 1 PPK, 2nd = 2PPK, third = 3 PPK), make all the 4 maps independent (remove duplicates and EotM as an overflow, add EotM as a core map), merge servers and reset the scores on a daily basis at midnight, add a guild statistic scoreboard and rewards players according to your guild contribution.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

WvW is dead. EotM is where it’s at. Running like a top, no lag, no glitches. All 3 sides have been for the most part equal. Try it, you might like it.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

ANET should close EOTM and apply eotm style at WVW ,and the hero points to acquire make this easy mode,,,,,,,,,,poeple these days have no time to grind we all have some personal things to do in real life plus bottom empty servers must merge to medium population servers,just a suggestion this maybe will save GW2.

in WvW

Fellfoot.8156

ANET should close EOTM and apply eotm style at WVW ,and the hero points to acquire make this easy mode,,,,,,,,,,poeple these days have no time to grind we all have some personal things to do in real life plus bottom empty servers must merge to medium population servers,just a suggestion this maybe will save GW2.

They already applied EotM style. It has failed to attract players. The balance of map interactions vs. Player vs player interactions went way to far to the map interaction side. F. A. I. L.

in WvW

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I’ve done HoT PvE for some HP and AP, and the only PvE remaining for me is DS meta(untill I get full mastery), Raids (it is new, and to get fast ascended armors), Fractals (kkhhmm dungeon, for ascneded things also)… and every night I try to play on WvW, but only a few players are online, not to mention, untill night, I can see nobody…. so at night 00:00 a.m. (my timeline +2h) I can play with more people, because they are only then showing up, for max 2 hours…
I was playing WvW since launch, back then you couldn’t even get into any map, so much ppl were in it… but now…
WvW will be dead in a few months… ( Instead/with PvP Anet should organise WvW events to, I think WvW “was” the best thing in GW2, but every good thing has its end)
And the people who will leave WvW will go for raids, or just quit, so long lots of people/money … I will go for Raids (When I will get 161 mastery points, there is no more interest to do anything else; I’m at lvl 69 mastery atm, will be +80 in max 2-3 days).

in WvW

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

1h after reset in eu t1:
Logging in, 50ppl queue on ebg.
Going to one of the bls, all without queue, while waiting for eb-queue to pop.
Wandering around for 45mins without meeting a single soul.
Eb queue pops, ill find my first smallscale skirmish after another 30mins, getting loaded with condis, neither heal- or condi removal skills are working because a zerg-fight started nearby, dead.
So much fun in wvw these days -_-

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in WvW

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

WvW is dead. EotM is where it’s at. Running like a top, no lag, no glitches. All 3 sides have been for the most part equal. Try it, you might like it.

After playing for 2 insanely fun hours, you are right about EoTM! What blew me away was the huge amount of players and zero lag. WvW might be dead but EoTM seems to keep growing. If you haven’t been there for awhile, check it out because things have changed!

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

If there were only 1-2 people on a map… the most important thing was always preserving your upgrades (waypointed keeps). If there are only 1-2 people on the map today… the most important thing is preventing enemy upgrades.

Babysitters are still around, but if they are smart, they’ve realized the fastest route to returning the entire map to the correct color is immediately flipping camps to delay enemy upgrades, even if it means abandoning fortified keeps. By denying yaks, you will have an easy time retaking the entire map.

The goal remains the same, quickly returning a map to the right color, but the role is now completely reversed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

A lot of people have left because they dislike the new borderland. I don’t like it either but I don’t really mind sticking to EB. As I see it, a bigger problem is that the meta is absolute dogkitten right now.
Between the June patch and HoT, overall damage output has become absurd. They’ve just piled both hard and soft CC onto the elite specs. Frontlines are in a terrible state. Backline and focus builds are one-shotting eachother left and right.
It’s just not particularly fun to play at the moment.

I have to agree the meta is not very fun right now. Frontline melts too fast. Gank squads are having a field day. Active defenses aren’t up to par right now let alone passive defense. Combine all that with auto-upgrades and giant maps and you have a recipe for the disaster we are seeing right now.

Used to be able to roll around frontline with around 3K armor, and be just fine with judicious dodge and other active defenses, but now that isn’t even in the ballpark. I don’t think it’s that damage has spiked as much as CC has spiked. You get hit with constant CC and can’t clean it as fast as it’s getting applied. Combine that with damage spikes and it means death as far as the eye can see.

Not to mention phantom damage that takes you from 20K health to nada in less time than it takes to dodge one time. Thursday night was running Reaper around EBG with the zerg, and had just left a clash. No condis, no red circles, 20K health left, and then none. It was the fastest and most unexplainable deaths I’ve had. Checked combat log and there were a couple 500s and a 1400, but that was it. Still dunno what happened there.

in WvW

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

HoT has been out for less than a month. Its wayyyy!!!! to early to condemn the new WvW. A lot of people (such as myself) are still spending our limited gaming time completing the new maps, leveling masteries, getting HP’s for characters so that they can upgrade to the new builds, collecting the new achievement points, collecting the new skins, etc.

Give people a chance to get stuff done, to learn the new maps, get bored of the new content, and to return to their old habits of hitting WvW for some pvp fun. If that doesn’t happen, THEN threads like this might have some merit but give it some time :/

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I think all you guys are having problems because you guys are not in WvW guilds or that your guilds are not making the right decisions. I’m on Ring of fire ( silver/bronze). Our guild has spent all his time since hot launch on borderlands. The first week, we didn’t have fights every time we did a raid, that’s true. However since the last two weeks we’ve had tons of fights every day at any hour.

If you manage to build up a little group you can cap towers easily and could even cap keeps. And the fact that you are capping stuff will draw attention from the enemy and they will come on the borders. Of course if people don’t do the effort to cap because it’s gona take 5 minutes to take down the wall or a door of course the border will stay empty…

I can understand that people that are not in a big pvx guild or in a wvw guild have a hard time building up such groups but if you realy want to have fun on the borderlands join a wvw guild.

The ones that need to be blamed for the bad situation on certain servers/matchups are mainly the guilds that are all the time on EB, not A-net! If the guilds are on EB nothing will happen on the borders, EB will be full of blobs and there will be a queue. Pugs will get frustrated on empty borders and quit WvW.

To resume;
If guilds get on borders, they will attract more and more people on borders. Guilds will have high quality fights on border. More pugs will go on EB and have fun over there in mind-less zergs. Roaming on EB and borders will have more sense..

What I’ve said just above is what’s happening on RoF. It’s really a win-win situation for everyone and everyone is having a blast over here!

Tried that several times. No one came. They didn’t care to leave the only map with people on it to fight, to come and pvd behind us.

Joined wvw guilds ages ago, they all died or are now down to 3-4 semi active and 150 that never log in.

I find fighting against guilds that many of them are just as ‘mindless’ as the pugs you denigrate, or in some cases worse.

EB is the only place that has real fights of people vs people. BL are empty and it’s pvd and never see an enemy. I’d much rather be fighting our 15 against your 30+ on a map I can get back to the fight on than pvd against some auto upgraded t3 emptiness.

I wonder how many other people on RoF can come and back up your statements, including other servers (not your guildies).

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

but if they are smart, they’ve realized the fastest route to returning the entire map to the correct color…

If they were smart they wouldn’t be concerned with returning the map to its “correct colour” in a game where “winning” is essentially meaningless and that is so poorly designed it encourages types of game play (and I use that word in loosest possible sense) that are directly contrary to what is supposed to be a type of RvR mass scale PvP mode with “epic battles”.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

If they were smart they wouldn’t be concerned with returning the map to its “correct colour” in a game where “winning” is essentially meaningless and that is so poorly designed it encourages types of game play (and I use that word in loosest possible sense) that are directly contrary to what is supposed to be a type of RvR mass scale PvP mode with “epic battles”.

… but… a map all one color for another day might mean that people on the server get +8% gold per kill instead of +6% gold per kill. That’s… like 2%.

Name another game mode where 1-2 people essentially standing around for hours doing nothing and getting no loot and not having any fun can generate actual wealth for everyone else on the server…

Now I’m confused.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I have been a WVW player for as long as the game has been out, and I gotta say, today was a really sad reset. It made me just log off the game entirely.

I’m currently in NA T2, we went against a map blob on our BL for about 2 hours, it was very very boring and very blobby. Couldnt do anything or cuz vs organized map blob and we just don’t have that and never will. Everyone got tired of it real quick and split within the 1st 2 hours. It ranks up there among the worst resets.

Some went to do PVE in the HOT zones, most just logged.

Sad, sad reset night.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I have been a WVW player for as long as the game has been out, and I gotta say, today was a really sad reset. It made me just log off the game entirely.

I’m currently in NA T2, we went against a map blob on our BL for about 2 hours, it was very very boring and very blobby. Couldnt do anything or cuz vs organized map blob and we just don’t have that and never will. Everyone got tired of it real quick and split within the 1st 2 hours. It ranks up there among the worst resets.

Some went to do PVE in the HOT zones, most just logged.

Sad, sad reset night.

The problem I have isnt even that you can fight a blob and die to it because your server has too few people, its that you can barely find the blob.

Seriously, we where doing reset, capped hills. Ok fine, run and resupply a bit… Suddenly hills is contested. Well we run past it, no gates down, cant see any walls, run to the south, dont see kitten. Meh fine we go toward the enemy border keep and… yellow swords in hills lords room. WTF just happened. We literally must have ran past each other. Ugh fine, we waypoint back to garri, move toward hills… No one in sight. No one there. Suddenly, yellow swords at the NW tower. Oh come on. Port to garri, run to NW tower… they are through the gate just as we get there and we couldnt even mount a defense because its too kitten far away (and they are outnumbering us 3 to 1 of course). Then we get reports about a blob attacking NE garri and it literally take us several minutes to find them, just before the wall goes down. Again we cant even mount a defense because no one sees a bloody enemy blob.

Bah, kitten the new border. Its not even fun to play against overwhelming odds due to the overcomplicated map design. Blobs are the only thing that matter now, cap some keeps, let them auto-upgrade themselves and hope that no one plays in order to recap them (which few if any does… and if they do, all they find is T3 no one worked for).

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Couldn’t find the motivation to log on for reset, binge watched jessica jones on netflix instead. No ragrets.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Couldn’t find the motivation to log on for reset, binge watched jessica jones on netflix instead. No ragrets.

Uninstalled when the HoT changes were announced.
Started playing single player games.
Keep checking in to see if changes will be reverted.
Also no regrets.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

When I made this thread my intent wasn’t to complain but instead to get a sort of reaction from Anet. I think we need to move pass the current collapsing WvW server and scoring system and get to some actual results.
We need to know how, what and when WvW is going to be improved, and if Anet is too oblivious to do anything then how us players are going to adapt (or not) to make WvW an enjoyable experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

That’s not really what they said. They didn’t specify that they were talking about wvw participation – I think they were talking about general numbers, so e.g. players who only play pve were included, too. My interpretation of what they said is: “More people log in on Saturdays than on Fridays, so we’ll change the reset to Saturday so that more people can enjoy it.”

Here’s a link to the post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-the-Heart-of-Thorns-Release/page/6#post5614578

Now I don’t really know why they thought that pve/pvp players would suddenly know that reset is happening while they are online on Saturday evening and rush to join it – because let’s face it, if you don’t care about a game mode you won’t read the news about it and you won’t know when things reset there.

In the end I guess it doesn’t really matter, though, as it wasn’t the primary reason for the reset change anyway.

I assume they were talking about wvw population because well wvw reset affects only wvw players. I certainly hope they didn’t move the reset thinking more pve players would suddenly participate because it was on a saturday instead, because they just sacrificed half the meaningful playtime of a matchup for all wvw players just for pve players.

Whether or not you look at the wvw or both populations at it doesn’t matter, more players will obviously play on a saturday than friday, but friday resets use to be jam packed and it was a good start to the weekend for many wvw players. Now we’re stuck with a completely dead friday and most of saturday for wvw. You’re right in the end they didn’t move it because of the metrics, it’s because it would be more convenient to them with the HoT release.

The game mode is dying, it’s been a month, it’s not going to recover to what it was before the expansion and it was already dying a slow death before that, unless they come out with some plan to blow our minds and I don’t expect that to happen. In the end I expect they will use this as a good excuse to finally ditch the tiers and switch things to eotm style of matching.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Past 3 years all I wanted to do when I got home was log in and play wvw. This past week is really odd in that I just didn’t want to play. At all. With the Holidays coming its time to travel without the desktop. Maybe giving the game a break isn’t such a bad thing. Still though I cant help but feel that its just a shame. Didn’t even want to play my favorite game.

Pancakes
Thief