Noob to WvW. How to capture Infernos Needle?

in WvW

Posted by: TehGems.1947

TehGems.1947

Hi guys.
I’m completely new to WvW and I need some help. I’d like to unlock Trait II on the first line, and it seems I have to capture Infernos Needle. I went there, but I have no idea what needs to be done.
Can anyone help me please?

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Open your map, find the blue commander tag, get to that person (or wait for them to respawn) and run with the zerg/blob. Before long they’ll take IN and pretty much anything else you want.

BG

in WvW

TehGems.1947

Cool, I’ll do that.
But just out of curiosity, while I was there I was completely alone. Could have I captured it by myself? And how?

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Cool, I’ll do that.
But just out of curiosity, while I was there I was completely alone. Could have I captured it by myself? And how?

Patience.. You’d have to put up a catapult somewhere (so the NPC guards won’t come to you), bring down the wall, then solo all the NPC’s in the tower and capture it once that’s done..
Trust me, it isn’t as easy as it sounds..
:)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Cool, I’ll do that.

Nope, basically all of EoTM was designed to be taken by a large group.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

TehGems.1947

Haha, I get it, I’ll stick with the zerg
On another note, what’s a good build for a zerking Guardian?

in WvW

Reverence.6915

All PVT (soldier), all PTH (cleric) or mix of both

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Isn’t the latest fad to use VTH?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I beg you to differ… I’ve 3-mannned most objectives on EotM. The only objective that I wasn’t able to capture with 3 people is Workshop. (And the Observatory because I never had time to finish it, but I’m sure I can)

Now to solo somenthing, I really doubt it’s possible as the NPCs on EotM are much harder than the ones on regular WvW. You “easily” solo a Tower Lord on a borderland, but I doubt you can solo a Tower Lord on EotM.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Nah, the Tower Lords in EotM are leagues tougher than the ones in regular WvW. (As are the sentries and even regular guards. You can solo them, but it takes much longer, which means it’s usually better to just run past them.) I’ve soloed a Tower in Borderlands before, but I wouldn’t even dream of trying it in EotM.

Which is a bit unfortunate, really. There’s not much you can really do solo in EotM aside from capping Reactors. (On the flip side, I suppose it’s a good thing that it’s not hard to find a group in EotM.)

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Isn’t the latest fad to use VTH?

A mix of Nomad and Soldier is ok, pure Nomad is plain awful.

There’s not much point of getting more than 5-600 healing power

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I beg you to differ… I’ve 3-mannned most objectives on EotM. The only objective that I wasn’t able to capture with 3 people is Workshop. (And the Observatory because I never had time to finish it, but I’m sure I can)

Now to solo somenthing, I really doubt it’s possible as the NPCs on EotM are much harder than the ones on regular WvW. You “easily” solo a Tower Lord on a borderland, but I doubt you can solo a Tower Lord on EotM.

I’ve soloed the champion basilisk, the flamethrower champ and overgrowth keep lord on my engineer. I’ve also killed several other champions around Eotm map.

Trick is to use cripples and kite around objects or varying terrain elevations forcing the NPCs to pathetic around to you while you can lay down dps. Also you can blind most of the champions in EotM which makes it considerably easier to avoid their attacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Trick is to use cripples and kite around objects or varying terrain elevations forcing the NPCs to pathetic around to you while you can lay down dps. Also you can blind most of the champions in EotM which makes it considerably easier to avoid their attacks.

Hear hear!! +1

Also, NPC’s never jump..
Jump on a ledge, pew pew, NPC comes to you, jump down ledge, pew pew, …

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Just because you can, doesn’t mean it’s designed for it, just as you can solo dungeons designed for 5 man teams. BL and EBG towers seem designed for 5-10 man groups to take while EoTM towers seem designed for 25-35 people to take.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Just because you can, doesn’t mean it’s designed for it, just as you can solo dungeons designed for 5 man teams. BL and EBG towers seem designed for 5-10 man groups to take while EoTM towers seem designed for 25-35 people to take.

That’s where you are wrong. It was said by a dev that the EotM events do scale to the number of people present, unlike the BL events that have a fixed dificulty. Of course, scaling not always end up making the event harder (look at the world bosses), but if they had a fixed dificult of 25-35 people, I really doubt a small man group would be able to do it. I belive the minimum scaling for champions is 5 people, which make it doable with smaller groups.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing