Not having suitable GvG is ruining WvW & EoTM

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

At the moment, there is no good way to GvG. Obsidian Sanctum is not really ideal so guilds are still coming to WvW and EoTM to GvG and just for fights with no intention of helping PPT. In WvW, you will sometimes have maps queued and can’t play to help your server due to guild groups not playing for PPT contributing to the map being full. In EoTM, guild groups only looking for fights and no PPT are also a huge problem. Every time I am commanding and a guild group spawns on my side, it clogs up my overflow and I can no longer get the numbers because people joining EoTM are redirected to a different overflow now that this one has a lot of people. I was commanding yesterday and went from 60 people to 30 people in around 30 minutes after a guild group of 40 spawned in. Our ppt immediately went to last place when the guild group spawned in because I lost my numbers and the guild group was only playing for fights and wouldn’t cap one thing. The instant they left, I instantly got numbers and we went first in PPT but when they were there, no way to compete. I’m not going to blame them for only wanting fights, I think the issue is there’s no suitable GvG and so they come here instead.

Edit: the intention of my post is not to say that guild groups are wrong, it’s that there’s no suitable way to GvG so the only thing they can do is take it to WvW or EoTM. They should have better GvG options so they don’t have to do this. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the guild groups in wvw/eotm playing for ppt and helping their side.

(edited by Radian.2478)

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

People have been asking for official GvG functionality since the game was in development.

ANet probably won’t include it until Guild Halls are launched, and to be honest, it seems highly unlikely that this will ever happen.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Not everyone plays the way YOU want them to play.
Anet design philosophy… Play the way you want to play.

Remember the thread about “violating my game mode”? It’s one of the highest thread count and most looked at topics in WvW forum.

Don’t violate Anet’s design philosophy.

Don’t stress over something you have no control over. Have fun and let others have their fun.

Don’t let PPT take the fun out of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

PPT is meaningless when after its all said and done, come friday, everything is reset and it starts over again. People only remember the fights and good moments during the match up and not the fact that we were ticking for 300 PPT that night.

Not all servers feel this way, of course some go for the PPT way of playing, but most players from Guilds are looking for other Guilds to test themselves, be it open field or organised GvG with set numbers.

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Playing for PPT is just a nice way of saying that you like beating your face against a door all day.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

I remember way back when GvGers said all they wanted was a space, and that they would manage their own GvG within that space. ANet gave them that space. If/when they get something more structured, what will they ask for next?

The kind of GvG they have been demanding isn’t even the kind the original had.

Also, why would OS be less ideal than WvW?

It’s a dedicated “distraction free” space that even has an arena design for spectators. It rarely has a queue so it’s easier to get guilds in. If any sort of GvG game play is happening on the other maps, it’s likely the unorganized, just for the heck of it variety because WvW is even less suited to organized GvG during a tournament due to higher incidences of long queues.

Kuper, PPT isn’t meaningless with regards to the tournament and rewards. Also, I don’t know if I agree with your “most” players. There’s many different kinds of guilds and players, and they all have different reasons for playing the game and WvW in particular. I’m a single person and my motivation changes on the daily.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You cant make ppl play for ppt OS is now made for GvG it happens to have a jp in it. Also if there was GvG say in more of an Spvp format why would that let ppl playing for ppt when in fact they are not even in wvw at all?

It would be nice to see a lower lair in EoTM open up in the center for GvG settings and in some ways you can do this with a bit of work. In the center of EoTM you lose your home side buffs there are mobs there but they can be cleared out to a point. You can have a GvG like fight in all but the jungle side of EoTM too (due to its buff) you just need to be smart about killing the auto towers on the sand side and fighting out side of the main keep on the snow side.

Most ppl like how “free” to play the way you want to in WvW so GvG is far better in an open environment then say in more of a closed environment of Spvp. Ppl can cheat ppl can get in the way etc.. that part of the game and up to the players both watching and fighting to deal with. In away watching a GvG is also being part of the GvG because you help these teams fight.

Image if say at a foot ball game the fans in the stands realty did help effect the out come of the game or at least make it more fail for both teams. They would be part of the game and they would be able to see there own action (vs just the luck of having a hat on and fooling them self that they are helping there team out that way lol) help there team.

In some ways this maybe an real evolution of an pvp format where the spectators become part of was going on in the pvp match. That kind of where things are moving with such things as twitch where the viewers are starting to become part of the games that are being played in a pvp formant.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

PPT is the worst aspect of WvW and turns the game into a dull grind of nightwars and pvdoor. Playing with guilds is the only way to stave off the boredom for any length of time.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I remember way back when GvGers said all they wanted was a space, and that they would manage their own GvG within that space. ANet gave them that space. If/when they get something more structured, what will they ask for next?

It’s a dedicated “distraction free” space that even has an arena design for spectators. It rarely has a queue so it’s easier to get guilds in. If any sort of GvG game play is happening on the other maps, it’s likely the unorganized, just for the heck of it variety because WvW is even less suited to organized GvG during a tournament due to higher incidences of long queues.

Kuper, PPT isn’t meaningless with regards to the tournament and rewards. Also, I don’t know if I agree with your “most” players. There’s many different kinds of guilds and players, and they all have different reasons for playing the game and WvW in particular. I’m a single person and my motivation changes on the daily.

The only reason they gave us a space for GvG is because people complained that there was so many guilds doing GvG that it queue up the maps.

Their GvG arena isn’t meant for us to be fun to play, it’s to keep us out of the WvW game as if we were unhealthy for the community.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I agree. I want to add another way how the lack of a GvG mode hurts WvW. After Season 1 and leading up to Season 2 there was a lot of guild movement to other servers DUE TO GVG. These guilds cannot easily get access to other guilds to GvG, especially when seasons lock servers into leagues. These population changes affect WvW because a lot of these GvG guilds also play WvW. If there were a GvG mode, the likelihood of GvG guilds transferring servers and affecting the WvW population would be reduced.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I think what most GvGers are concerned about the OS is how easy it is to interfere with the match. People troll and jump in all the time. We were excited to get our own space and many of us use it, but now that it is a localized space for GvGing, people know to go there and interfere.

If there was a way to drop the actual fighting space down below a la the Black Citadel, that would allow guilds to enter the space and compete uncontested.

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I agree. I want to add another way how the lack of a GvG mode hurts WvW. After Season 1 and leading up to Season 2 there was a lot of guild movement to other servers DUE TO GVG. These guilds cannot easily get access to other guilds to GvG, especially when seasons lock servers into leagues. These population changes affect WvW because a lot of these GvG guilds also play WvW. If there were a GvG mode, the likelihood of GvG guilds transferring servers and affecting the WvW population would be reduced.

EotM actually opened that up quite a bit, now guilds can play against guilds from 16 (NA) or 18 (EU) servers rather than just the 2 we had before EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

The only reason they gave us a space for GvG is because people complained that there was so many guilds doing GvG that it queue up the maps.

Guilds typically wouldn’t GvG on a full map. They would do it at a quieter time, usually towards the end of the week. GvG impact on queues/ppt were blown out of proportion by ANet and people bought into it.

Sacrx’ NDA leaked highlighted that bloodlust was introduced to unbalance WvW even more and push people towards PvP for more balanced fighting. For the longest time the WvW team had to put it’s ideas and any decisions made through the PvP team first.

OS was developed because an ANet employee openly trolled a GvG which upset the entire GvG community and highlighted many of the points raised by Sacrx.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

EotM actually opened that up quite a bit, now guilds can play against guilds from 16 (NA) or 18 (EU) servers rather than just the 2 we had before EotM.

There’s no real spot for GvG there. The biggest open spot is RIGHT in the middle with the turrets where the PUGs congregate.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

EOTM is not a solution to the lack of a GvG mode hurting WvW. The point was missed that many of these GvG guilds also play WvW and are/were members of the server’s WvW community.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Jski.6180

EOTM is not a solution to the lack of a GvG mode hurting WvW. The point was missed that many of these GvG guilds also play WvW and are/were members of the server’s WvW community.

What your suggesting is that if your guild wvw at all all you can do or should do is wvw for ppt. Because even if GvG was not in a WvW formant players who would wvw would be playing GvG you can even make the same argument that there should be no PvE or Spvp when there is an wvw or rvr system in a game.

in WvW

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Daily reminder that running in circles and spamming AoE with food buffs on is not GvG. The provided video links in this post are GvG. Make sure you learn the difference.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I did not suggest that. Don’t put words into my mouth. I said these GvG guilds also play WvW. I didn’t say they play WvW for PPT. And you of all people, coming from FA, should know that even the guilds who don’t play for PPT contribute indirectly to it.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Daily reminder that running in circles and spamming AoE with food buffs on is not GvG. The provided video links in this post are GvG. Make sure you learn the difference.

Different game, bro.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Jski.6180

I did not suggest that. Don’t put words into my mouth. I said these GvG guilds also play WvW. I didn’t say they play WvW for PPT. And you of all people, coming from FA, should know that even the guilds who don’t play for PPT contribute indirectly to it.

Ok sry for the confusion.

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

Seriously dude? Get over it. If you want to play your style of GvG, go play GW1. I hear that it is still doing pretty well.

Let us who like to play GW2 compete against each other in the best way we can. That is in WvW in groups of 15-20. Everyone knows its not the same, but considering the entire game is different, there will never be GvG like you imagine it.

in WvW

Balkanwarrior.5132

Seriously dude? Get over it. If you want to play your style of GvG, go play GW1. I hear that it is still doing pretty well.

Let us who like to play GW2 compete against each other in the best way we can. That is in WvW in groups of 15-20. Everyone knows its not the same, but considering the entire game is different, there will never be GvG like you imagine it.

But my point is that GW2 ’’GvG’’ is poop. Why do you think you do it in groups of 15-20? Because people wont notice you screwing up. At least in sPvP (RIP in peace 2012-2012), if 1 person screws up other people can see it and it affects things. Playing with 19 other people you dont need to do anything other than spam 1. You’ll always be getting boons, you’ll always be getting blasted with waterfields and at the end of the day you’re just following what your commander says. You’ve been doing what your commander has told you to do for weeks, maybe months running through BL’s ripping apart PuG groups and other guild groups.

Do you honestly think your guild group can match the chemistry of a guild that’s played real GvG at the highest possible competitive level?

Do you honestly think GW2 has anything competitive about it?

Think for a second how many ’’pro’’ teams GW2 has. Both in WvW and sPvP. The ’’GvG’’ scene in GW2 is glorified PvE players running around like headless chickens.

There is literally 1 guild that is an exception to this rule. 1 guild. lol 1 guild.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

^^^ Not familiar with GvG scene. Thinks people do only 15v15 and 20v20.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Balkanwarrior.5132

You said 15-20 yourself in the post above mine

in WvW

Chaba.5410

You said 15-20 yourself in the post above mine

Wow. Just wow.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Balkanwarrior.5132

‘’compete against each other in the best way we can. ’’

so the best way you know to compete against eachother is 15-20 blob fights. Your words, not mine.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

so the best way you know to compete against eachother is 15-20 blob fights. Your words, not mine.

/facepalm

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Regardless of your opinion on GvG, it’s been good for stability in the higher tiers. When guilds come and go with no expectation of them contributing to PPT or anything else, it doesn’t cause the sort of mass bandwagons or exoduses that plagued the format early on. Those have been way more destructive than a few players occasionally on a map not playing for score.

In fact, if you really think about it, the players who contribute the least as a function of score are not the GvG players. It’s the endless hordes idiots who can only zerg and never, ever contribute anything individually besides a dot on the map that maybe carries supplies. They only show up when it’s easy, and are never there when it’s hard. At least many of the GvG players do other things more useful when they are not in a GvG.

(edited by zen.6091)

in WvW

Chaba.5410

It’s gonna be fun times when Tibstrike sees this thread, the guy whose quotes are being attributed to me. I have no obligation to prevent you from making a fool of yourself. You might want to delete posts now before anyone else notices.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

/facepalm

its ok blobber baddy

Well technically buddy, they were my words. Not Chaba’s. It’s ok illiterate baddy. L2Read.

And now my rant:

And to your previous post, no. GW2 is not the same level of competitiveness as GW1. Anet decided to go with a more casual game with a pretty horrible PvP system instead of the tried and true methods of GW1. Granted, the style of PvP in GW2 is entirely different because they classes are entirely different, as is the game play.

And they also decided to remove the GvG aspect of Guild Wars as well, something that pretty much everyone who plays the game disagrees with. They replaced it with a semi-equivalent of WvW, which, if you take a look at it from a grand level, is basically the old school GvG. Groups of people fighting it out and trying to take down the keep lord.

But our problem is that you come in here, years after all of this has been established, and say “oh my god, GW2 is horrible and everyone is terrible at the game. where is the REAL GvG?” And you sit there and stew as you do exactly what Anet wants you to do, complain and grind PvE or PvP ranks.

Meanwhile, people who still have that competitive spirit make do with the game allows and fashions a game-style that is similar to the concept of pitting guilds against eachother. They call it GvG because that is what it is. Two guilds fighting. It has a much looser set of rules and is pretty much a team deathmatch, a style of PvP that is just finally being added to PvP.

So these people now have a good time fighting AS A GUILD against other guilds. Which was the whole point of GW1 GvG in the first place. Who’s the best. And yeah, RG is/was the best. But now they are gone, just like the best GvGers left GW1 after a while. Doesn’t mean other guilds can’t enter the fray.

And yes, there is a growing small scale GvG going on, with groups mainly in the 5v5 range with some at 10v10. So please. Get off your high horse or go back to GW1. This is GW2, and what we say GvG is in this game is GvG. Until Anet decides otherwise when they implement an officially sanctioned and structured GvG system.

(edited by Tibstrike.2974)

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

It’s gonna be fun times when Tibstrike sees this thread, the guy whose quotes are being attributed to me. I have no obligation to prevent you from making a fool of yourself. You might want to delete posts now before anyone else notices.

Finally noticed. And I ranted. But alas. Work was slow today.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I just find it extremely worrying that Anet hasn’t showed any interest in a GvG game mode even after all the requests.

It wouldn’t be so hard to make 3 maps for 10 vs 10 and create a guild ladder. Specially since they’ve done it before.

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Not everyone plays the way YOU want them to play.
Anet design philosophy… Play the way you want to play.

Remember the thread about “violating my game mode”? It’s one of the highest thread count and most looked at topics in WvW forum.

Don’t violate Anet’s design philosophy.

Don’t stress over something you have no control over. Have fun and let others have their fun.

Don’t let PPT take the fun out of the game.

As far as the part in bold saying “play the way you want to play”, I agree with that. That is why I said that it is not the guild’s faults for choosing to GvG in EoTM and WvW. But, I am a believer that with a more suitable GvG venue, many of them won’t feel like they have to go to EoTM or WvW. Personally, they take the fun out of WvW for the rest but I wouldn’t try to tell them to leave because I agree with the fact that they should play the way they want to play. It’s just possible that with a more GvG friendly update, it would create a more enjoyable environment overall.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

People who know nothing about GvG really shouldn’t be commenting. It exists in gw2 in the basic state that it is in because guilds like to fight each other on an even playing field with equal numbers to see (prove) who is the best.

There exists a very simple solution. Create a custom arena system identical to the one that exists for spvp. The map is the arena from OS.
The map and the custom arena system are already in the game, so it wouldn’t take much to get this to work.
Guilds pay gems to maintain the right to use the custom arena.

There you go. 2 birds one stone. Guilds get the gvg arena they’ve been asking for since the start of the game (arguably the most requested feature in gw2). And anet starts making a better profit from wvw besides the tournament transfer cash-grab.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Ugh GW1 GvG sucked.

DAOC 8v8 was better

GW2 GvG is the way it is due to the game design. The only way to make use of the games mechanics properly is with larger groups.

I’d like to see 10 v 10 personally 15 is good too but 20 is too many

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

Ugh GW1 GvG sucked.

DAOC 8v8 was better

GW2 GvG is the way it is due to the game design. The only way to make use of the games mechanics properly is with larger groups.

I’d like to see 10 v 10 personally 15 is good too but 20 is too many

Who knows with the new deathmatch PvP arena. We could see some more straight up PvP between guilds. But a lot of WvWers, myself included, don’t like the limitations put on builds in PvP. Yes, it evens the playing field, but restricts the variety. Granted, the current WvW meta is pretty set in stone, but the smaller scale stuff allows for greater variety and really effective hyrbids, not just ones that are condi-tanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

Have you even watched a gvg recently? There are usually like 7-8 people per side in the melee ball of a 15v15. Your characterization is a huge disservice to the peripheral half of the team. Your characterization of the melees is also poor. If what you say were true, you could run two melees into each other 100 times and the result would be 50-50 no matter which guilds were involved.

Also, as a 5+ year vet of GW1 GvG, you have far too rosy an image of it in your mind. GW1 was plagued by RPS composition gimmicks (“build wars”), dartboard balance patching, npc-centric strategies, spam strategies, 3-2-1 “skill”, and completely inferior skirmishing combat.

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

News flash: It isn’t GvG. It’s death-match.

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

It’s a death match between guilds. The guilds fight as an organized unit. Thus GvG.

If the defining feature of GW1 GvG is killing the guild lord, then GvG exists in game. There’s a PvP map that is basically the same thing. Go play it.

in WvW

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

It’s a death match between guilds. The guilds fight as an organized unit. Thus GvG.

If the defining feature of GW1 GvG is killing the guild lord, then GvG exists in game. There’s a PvP map that is basically the same thing. Go play it.

NO, the concept is still wrong, the map is too small, you clearly do not know if you have to say “IF the defining feature” because its NOT

IGN: Itspanda

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

NO, the concept is still wrong, the map is too small, you clearly do not know if you have to say “IF the defining feature” because its NOT

Well then, if the map is still too small, you could always go to WvW, and one guild captures Bay and the other Hills. Whoever captures the other keep wins. Big enough for you? Hell, another server’s guild could act as roaming mercenaries if it sounds too easy.

What was the defining feature of GW1 GvG then? Cuz to me, when I played it, and when I watched the high level stuff, it was pretty much just killing your opponents and then killing their Guild Lord.

Sure, it took the right comp, group coordination, and usually one or two people controlling the flow of battle and strategy. Oh wait. That sounds exactly like GvG in GW2. My mistake.

(edited by Tibstrike.2974)

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Launching a game called guild wars 2 with out a function for guilds to que and fight each other, so bad. The guy that works at Anet and pushed spvp should be fired. Also splitting resources on living story “pve” and spvp is fail. Some guy named tzu zu would’ve hated this idea.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

in WvW

Jski.6180

Launching a game called guild wars 2 with out a function for guilds to que and fight each other, so bad. The guy that works at Anet and pushed spvp should be fired. Also splitting resources on living story “pve” and spvp is fail. Some guy named tzu zu would’ve hated this idea.

There is GvG and there is a “war” like environment all in the same called WvW you just have a chose to not run with a guild if you do not want to but your better off running with a guild. If any thing GW1 comply lack a “war” like environment should of been called guild pvp game or guild battle with some pve dose that just roll off the tong nicely?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Looks like some noob players. They don’t even jump at all and they don’t even have enough players for guild missions.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

What was the defining feature of GW1 GvG then? Cuz to me, when I played it, and when I watched the high level stuff, it was pretty much just killing your opponents and then killing their Guild Lord.

What Facet said about GW1 GvG concerning “RPS composition gimmicks (“build wars”), dartboard balance patching, npc-centric strategies, spam strategies, 3-2-1 “skill”, and completely inferior skirmishing combat” is to a certain extent true.

There was an RPS aspect to builds. Anet never had a coherent strategy for skill balancing besides the seemingly random wheel of fate. Total spam builds like b-spike and tab hexing were always a problem. Hyper-defensive spike builds were always a problem. Skirmishing without backline support was quite different.

The great thing about GvG is GW1 was that you could spend 20 minutes in team builder or pawned creating all 8 builds and equipment loadouts to try different things though. No jumping through hoops, no PvE scavenger hunts, no scrounging up gold, no crafting, etc. You pasted the link in chat, loaded the build and equipment, done. The game was always evolving with slight changes to the primary meta composition, entirely new builds, and what were broadly called flavor of the month gimmick builds.

To me that was the fun, and it’s the main problem with GvG in GW2. It is very, very difficult to do a 180 on your team build and find players that can play multiple classes reasonably well. This limits the play base to small number of players, which is does not promote growth, and limits build diversity and a healthy meta evolution, which is what keeps the game fun long term. In that sense I have a problem with people saying that GvG in GW2 is truly competitive while PvE equipment with the associated road blocks is being clung to.

in WvW

Posted by: phantomlord.3417

phantomlord.3417

playing for ppt is utterly boring.. the only reason why i still play this game is for GvG’s and all dat small scale stuff.

Generalrob

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Well then, if the map is still too small, you could always go to WvW, and one guild captures Bay and the other Hills. Whoever captures the other keep wins. Big enough for you? Hell, another server’s guild could act as roaming mercenaries if it sounds too easy.

I think this is what the designers actually imagined people would do. It’s what I thought would happen when I saw the WvW system in beta. People are just too stupid or lame or something though.

The guild I belong to occasionally does this, just take a structure and hold it all night, and sometimes it results in GvG-like fights. I’d be more interested in GvG if this was the regular way of things.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

ANet is not releasing GvG anytime soon, for a sole reason: it hurts both PvP modes. WvW and sPvP. Even more guilds and people will be out from WvW to focus on GvG and people from sPvP will do the same once it’s a official thing.

And the problem is that ANet blindly believes that sPvP is the way that small scale organized combat should be done. Is the game mode where balance is worked around. Is the game mode that they most pay attention, even that is the least played. And anyone who played both sPvP and GvGs know that they’re not the same thing.

So, unless they find a way that GvG doesn’t hurt both WvW and sPvP, I can’t see it being released. They may, in the future, release competitive 8v8 no conquest maps trying to bring the GvG players into sPvP, but again, it’s not the same thing.

So, I have no idea how work this around. Any idea about this here would be appreciated.

Pumpkin – Mag