Notary and Notarized Scrolls temp disabled

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

The Heroic Notary and Notarized Scrolls have been disabled temporarily to deal with an exploit. We’ll enable them again as soon as we fix the issue.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I wonder why wvw players would feel the need to exploit their heroic points. Really makes you wonder. /sarcasm

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

lol yeah if heroic points would be easier for wvw players to obtain…. i actually did pve and got my chronomancer…..now alll my alts have to do the same thing? hell no i play gw2 for wvw and 1 day in pve in that glider/ mastery hell was enough for me…

please enable the notary soon and maybe make it a bit fairer. im happy to pay more badges…..but i want my hero points

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

1 day in pve in that glider/ mastery hell was enough for me…

Yeah.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

The Heroic Notary and Notarized Scrolls have been disabled temporarily to deal with an exploit. We’ll enable them again as soon as we fix the issue.

How about give more of them per WvW level up? And what’s with them costing badges on top of the coins, the PVE ones don’t cost gold on top of the HP.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How about give more of them per WvW level up? And what’s with them costing badges on top of the coins, the PVE ones don’t cost gold on top of the HP.

Thats actually a good point. They should cost ONLY badges not gold. WvW is the worst part of the game for earning gold after all.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

How was it being exploited?

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

Time to lower down the Hero Point cost for Elites, and refund HPs that have been wasted trying to get this $50 elite spec.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

FYI for people that are interested:

AFAIK the exploit was people using WvW tournament tickets to buy Wexp consumables (thimbles, kegs, that sort of thing) and speed leveling the hero points.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

People still kept their tickets? Wow really..

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

I STILL have no idea what these things do. They don’t have a page on the wiki.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

I can’t fathom why people would want to obtain them faster…

/sarcasm off

Really though, 2-4 is kind of atrocious, but I’ve yanked my hair out trying to navigate the zones, and to be honest, you have a lot more fun if you’re not attempting to get to places that requires tons of grinding to get to.

I guess I understand gating things a little, but if you want to obtain it through WvW, you kind of feel like you’re getting the shaft for it. I just don’t enjoy spending tons of time trying to get to a hero point, to find out it’s a champion pack that I’m going to have to hope and pray someone else comes over as well in order to get it done..

Outside of that, I am enjoying the game! I just think they need to re-evaluate the cost of elite specs.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

AFAIK the exploit was people using WvW tournament tickets to buy Wexp consumables (thimbles, kegs, that sort of thing) and speed leveling the hero points.

That’s not exactly an “exploit”.
It’s not like tournament tickets are something that can be farmed for more anyways, can’t imagine there’s a lot of players out there holding a ton of tickets. Good on the players for even remembering about the tickets, Anet certainly didn’t.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

So basically using the currency as intended? Heaven help me, my patience for Anet and their gold sinks and ridiculous gating is worn paper thin.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Hmm… I have around 300 tickets.. but no HoT so whatever :P

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Nialis.9647

Nialis.9647

I literally just got enough proofs to unlock the last 35 points of my elite scrapper spec. After battling this terrible layered/mastery gated hell of an expansion I decided to do my last 35 points in WvW just to get the notary disabled. GG Anet. GG.

in WvW

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

I’d appreciate if this didn’t take as long to fix as the bugged Grenadier on Engi…

Caissech / Falásya

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Thats not an exploit its a legitimate use of tickets and consumables.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Anet priority is spend 90% of time and energy on their precious pve content and because they think everyone should enjoy it as much as they do, they gate the hell out of it to force us to stay their longer. Are we really surprised wvw is treated like anything other than an afterthought?

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: corwen.5798

corwen.5798

I’d like to know how the exploit works – did ppl save all of their liquid WvW points?

Also -and this more important- when can we expect it to be fixed? Hours? Days? Weeks?

in WvW

Posted by: Scarlett.3276

Scarlett.3276

Thats not an exploit its a legitimate use of tickets and consumables.

Legitimate use of gemstore items too. Perhaps people are just speculating as no anet rep has been specific about “an exploit” and when notary is back up, seeing as they have said it is only gone temporarily, we’ll find the speculations false.

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I agree, using tickets you’ve saved up from gameplay is not an exploit and does not need to be addressed.

I wonder if the exploit has to do with saving rank up chests and opening them on a different toon?

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

I’d like to know how the exploit works – did ppl save all of their liquid WvW points?

Also -and this more important- when can we expect it to be fixed? Hours? Days? Weeks?

If what RlyOsim said is true – people are using WvW tournament tickets to buy Wexp consumables, then I don’t think it’s an exploit either. I’m not sure how they’re now buying Wexp consumables, but if they are, so be it. They should be able to spend their currency.

But, regardless…

Anet, I implore you to sort this out in short order (as in “days” not weeks or months).

If this turns into the kind of Hall of Monuments BS that was — “oh we’re working on a fix…” and then 3 months later… “it’s almost ready, guys!” Then a month after that… “Oh we finally got it now!” Then you’re going to lose me and I’d guess a lot of other folks. People already DON’T want to GRIND for the elite specs. You take away one of the means by which we can “cash-in” to acquire our elite specs (especially for the WvW community) for an extended period of time, and it’s not going to bode well, I’m afraid. (Just my honest opinion here.)

Godspeed!

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Those Heroic things should be account bound, not soul bound. Please fix this, our ranks are account bound, why wouldn’t these be since they’re a reward of the rank up?

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Having a bad week is seems as I was actually trying to do some of the (grindy) PvE stuff to get mine and I have over 400 tickets in my bank.

#alwaysthelasttoknow

in WvW

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

This is a complete joke, how else are we meant to get our elite spec bar doing ridiculous gated pve content?

in WvW

Posted by: Bridger.9245

Bridger.9245

I’ve spent less than 7 hours in the new WvW and I have 20 hero points worth of drops. You get them from much more than level ups. You get them from dailies and captures too. It’s not as bad as people say.

If you were looking to get 200 HP from WvW, I estimate it would take less than 2 months, probably 6 weeks at most if you were really playing a lot.

The issue I have is taht they even claimed you could “unlock” an elite spec at 60 points. That’s complete BS. The spec isn’t even worth taking until you get at least 3 minor and 3 major traits to match the rest of the trait lines. Instead of unlocking in order from top to bottom, they should be unlocking left to right. 100 points should get you a “completed” trait line (with 6 more traits to unlock for more options) rather than 60 points for a worthless trait line and another 100+ points to get to the third tier of major traits.

Host of the Tales of Tyria podcast: www.talesofshow.com

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

I’ve spent less than 7 hours in the new WvW and I have 20 hero points worth of drops. You get them from much more than level ups. You get them from dailies and captures too. It’s not as bad as people say.

If you were looking to get 200 HP from WvW, I estimate it would take less than 2 months, probably 6 weeks at most if you were really playing a lot.

The issue I have is taht they even claimed you could “unlock” an elite spec at 60 points. That’s complete BS. The spec isn’t even worth taking until you get at least 3 minor and 3 major traits to match the rest of the trait lines. Instead of unlocking in order from top to bottom, they should be unlocking left to right. 100 points should get you a “completed” trait line (with 6 more traits to unlock for more options) rather than 60 points for a worthless trait line and another 100+ points to get to the third tier of major traits.

I got a majority of my elite spec done in a few hours of WvW, and I know some players that had 3 or more characters done in the few days since HoT release. Getting Hero Points out of WvW was super fast and easy, but all you had to do was karma train EotM or EB and gain rank points. Glad I’m only grinding out 1 elite spec, because I can’t imagine k training again that long, or grinding PvE hardcore.

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I got 100 of those proofs (worth 1 hero point each) from casual K-training (6-8 hrs at the most) this past weekend. you pretty much need to spend for EXP boosters though (the ones with 50% increase to exp earned) if you want to earn HPs with any degree of efficiency.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

This is a complete joke, how else are we meant to get our elite spec bar doing ridiculous gated pve content?

They changed the pve gate for the story but as far as I can see no hero points are behind gates. You’ll need some friends though since some of them are semi tough.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

They changed the pve gate for the story but as far as I can see no hero points are behind gates. You’ll need some friends though since some of them are semi tough.

That was just for one particular mastery (the one with invulnerability to mushroom poisons). You still need gliding, updrafts and mushroom jumping to get to the vast majority of HPs.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

That was just for one particular mastery (the one with invulnerability to mushroom poisons). You still need gliding, updrafts and mushroom jumping to get to the vast majority of HPs.

Ahh yeah. One good thing is that gliding and jumping mushrooms are the first masteries so they are the fastest ones to get.

Map confusing me still and my biggest issue is just figuring out how to get to some of the HP heheh :P

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Is “exploit” like go grind our empty HoT maps to earn hero points?

Feel sorry for you guys but I leveled my Elite in 1 day knowing this would come

HoT expansion is forcing ppl to do some stuff, there are gates everywhere – too bad we can’t use Flame ram on them.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

GET THIS SORTED asap plz, we deserve same fix-speed as PvE does

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Will we get the ones we are now earing after the fix?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Any news, Anet guys?

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

So… nothing? We do not deserve any news about it?

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Is it working yet? No? Then the new is they are working on it still and its still not fixed.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Is it working yet? No? Then the new is they are working on it still and its still not fixed.

Fixing what exactly? How is spending an in game currency to get a reward something that needs to be fixed?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

Fixing what exactly? How is spending an in game currency to get a reward something that needs to be fixed?

Bad bad WvW player might get something earlier than some PvE player. Catastrophic event right there.

in WvW

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

No there was an exploit regarding Badges of Honor.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

This involves WvW and not PvE or Gem Store, therefore there won’t be hourly patches issued to resolve it, unlike tooltip typos in PvE land.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

This involves WvW and not PvE or Gem Store, therefore there won’t be hourly patches issued to resolve it, unlike tooltip typos in PvE land.

Sadly that seems to be the case… there was consistent updates in the first day or two mostly regarding PVE iirc… I hope they have it sorted out soon, I really dislike hero points being gated behind grinding mastery until my eyes bleed…

Some news on the subject would be amazing, though. And here, not on some place like reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

They don’t even patch the WP issue…. Don’t hope too much with this problem….

in WvW

Posted by: Duc.1520

Duc.1520

The initial post does not seem to be translated in other languages than english.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The exploitation that ppl where using to get added hp that they should of not gotten. Beyond that they have never given the complete details of what the exploitation has been or how it was done. If some how something was happening with that reward that lets ppl do something that the game makers did not want them to do then yes it needs to be fixed.
Its like the krama thing back when the game first came out that comply destroyed the small gear progression at the start of GW2. It has a lot to do with how krama is a mostly pointless currency now well at least for older players.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Aedros.1439

Aedros.1439

sigh…as usual wvw is the least important thing….pve fixes for hot take like two minutes, black lion issues take 2 seconds, pvp issues fixed within like 10 minutes, wvw issues will be fixed by the end of the week maybe as all our characters are stuck now not able to get more hero points for their elites…always the bottom of the food chain for us primarily wvw players……..

in WvW

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

Why didn’t they disable the tournament ticket merchant instead of the proving scroll merchant, if the exploit is because of spending the tournament tickets to buy consumables.

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Why would they dedicate any resources for the 12 of us in WvW rightnow ?

in WvW

Posted by: WizardBro.4510

WizardBro.4510

Maybe wvw players find more efficient ways to do things because anet screws us by giving us little to no rewards for our efforts. This might give anet a hint to help us out instead of treat us like the little red headed stepchild…