Nothing New for WvW til who knows when

in WvW

Posted by: Tinkereratheart.5086

Tinkereratheart.5086

So it seems Nothing new is really coming to WvW til I dont know, march? april? Ive even heard may or june with the release of EOTM, with several more months of 0 content to look forward too what are your plans til you find new content for WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m going to log in, go to WvW, and find all kinds of new fights all over any map I join.

If you’re set up with the mentality that you need fresh sights or you’ll get bored, then you’re missing the competitive edge that makes the aesthetics mostly trivial. This wouldn’t be a problem, but you’re also setting yourself up for failure, because you probably truly want PvE-level content refreshes for your PvP scene, which would play merry hob with balancing and lead to more grief than it’s worth.

Try enjoying the thrill of the fight. If you typically zerg, roam. If you typically roam, join the zerg and see if they find fights. If you haven’t solo’d a camp, go see if you can. Switch up your build and see if you can fill a new role. You don’t need full ascended to be viable, just grab some new exotics for different stat priorities and see what you can do. Test out new siege placements. Try new zerg strategies if you’re a commander.

The dynamic content is in the reaction of the people involved to the situations they create. WvW is a buffet, and you don’t always have to just load up on the mac & cheese until you end up asking them to replace the mac & cheese.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

EOTM should be ready now why not release it?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

EOTM should be ready now why not release it?

They haven’t finished breaking it yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

@Cogbyrn but i dont want to blob, but i have to because enemy players moving in a groups of 20 even to kill a guy killing yaks.

@morrolan because EOTM is not living story update. ANet have their orders=LS updates have priority

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Based upon the last 8 months history of flawed additions and the significantly less strategic playstyle of WvW compared to what it was a year ago, I’m sadly leaning toward nothing new for WvW as being a good thing.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Hule: some general awareness/wariness is often enough to keep out of reach of groups like that. Generalizing the entire experience of roaming to “I’m going to die to 20 people” is the same as generalizing the entire zerging experience to “I’m basically just PvEing”.

You might see a zerg in the distance. It might chase you for 5 minutes. You might get one guy to try to defend the Yak that results in a fun fight. You might get 2 enemies that defend, then an ally runs in to help. Many different things might happen, and that unknown keeps it interesting for me.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Cogbym while I am attacking camp full of NPCs I really dont check every possible way to camp for enemy.
Yes many different things may happen, but mostly solo roamer is outmanned. If you attack osme camp, at least 5 defenders will WP and run there to defend.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

@Cogbyrn but i dont want to blob, but i have to because enemy players moving in a groups of 20 even to kill a guy killing yaks.

Then killing yaks will occupy a good deal of their forces, there’s a limit to how many players they can have in Wvw.