Novel Idea

Novel Idea

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

After noticing the Keep lords seemed to be handle easier by 5 or less players due to scaling I thought of a new mechanism for Keep defense, make the cap time gated with first hit upon the lord. That way the bigger the zerg the longer it takes to kill lord, therefore a smaller defense force could contest and keep lord alive long enough till timer runs out, then all enemy players are kicked to the nearest WP. Fortifications would not be repaired automatically and the timer would have to be set so attacking force has a reasonable amount of time.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Novel Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I dont understand. This is already in play. In fact, it’s even more than that. Afaik lords still scale to all the players within the outer walls, but it was a while since I zerged. Players raise the difficulty simply by being there. You have been able to see when an enemy zerg has come to defend simply by looking at the lords average HP drop (when it feels like you’re suddenly not doing any damage… you can be sure a zerg just arrived).

I always love it when commanders go “you 5 people, go kill the lord, we hold the enemy off in the meantime” when it’s a 3 way in garrison with the lord scaled to 150 people.

Novel Idea

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

The porting enemy players out of the Keep when the timer runs out is the new idea part. Just thinking of wacky things that would add some fun if done for like a week.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Novel Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The porting enemy players out of the Keep when the timer runs out is the new idea part. Just thinking of wacky things that would add some fun if done for like a week.

or “enrage” timer ala Rift – when timer runs out 1 shot deaths like every second…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB