Now how am I supposed to get my maps done?

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

I was rolling along just fine, minding my own business, got to 70% map completion.

Then I decided I would hop into WvW to get the Gift of Battle and the borderlands maps. A few weeks later, I have the Gift and just a couple points on the blue map to get the maps all done.

But now WvW is all I do every day when I’m on. And I start to fall asleep just thinking about going back to finish the world maps.

Thanks a lot, WvW. How the hell am I supposed to get my Legendary now?!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Ask in your guild maybe you can find a bunch of people that have to complete “this map” as well. With a party of 5 a map is done from 0 to 100 in about 1 hour, and it’s even more fun trash-talking in TS while doing it. We once set up to a fixed date to do a map per week.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oops you figured out that wandering around wasting time is more fun when the enemies have brains

sucks for you, say goodbye to ever making dat legendary

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I was rolling along just fine, minding my own business, got to 70% map completion.

Then I decided I would hop into WvW to get the Gift of Battle and the borderlands maps. A few weeks later, I have the Gift and just a couple points on the blue map to get the maps all done.

But now WvW is all I do every day when I’m on. And I start to fall asleep just thinking about going back to finish the world maps.

LOL…. I just finished my map completion on my main Saturday, only had two areas outside of WvW to complete and most of WvW I’d been doing little by little after resets luckily I only had a few enemy camps to get the POIs and one or two vistas, I’m glad I waited to do the WvW last or I’d be in the same situation as you are, WvW is very addictive.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Wait until your server is blue, it’ll be much easier to get those points then.

in WvW

Posted by: Moopy.7908

Moopy.7908

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Piken Square Commander
V I C E V E R S A

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I can say from personal experience that 100% map completion is achievable. the wvw objectives are, of course, the easy ones to get. it’s the bazillion pve ones that are painful.

the trick is to take it slow, only doing pve areas when nothing is happening in wvw. for hearts, it can help make it tolerable to limit yourself to only one heart per day.

also, for the tricky spots that you may not be able to do solo (like some of the skill points in Cursed Shore) leave yourself logged off near them, and make sure you never exit wvw by taking the lion’s arch portal — instead, go back to character select and log on again — this will put you back in pve where you left off, making it easy to see if that pve objective you need has been opened up by other players yet.

also, PVT gear (aka Invaders, aka Soldiers) is easy to get in wvw and once you’ve outfitted yourself in a full set of it a lot of those pve objectives become a lot easier to solo. and a good wvw build (especially one with stability) can help you run in, get a pve objective, and get out without dying to trash npc mobs or being interrupted.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Lol…
I used to do it while waiting to get in WvW at prime time… Now, I guess I’ll have to force myself to do it at other times… Just one heart or a few POI a day is not too painful…

in WvW

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Or you can do it like me and do a suicide run….. Got the WvW maps that way…. As for getting the points in garrison and keep, hope your server karma train when your opponents have won for the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Don’t craft a legendary! :>

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Or you can do it like me and do a suicide run….. Got the WvW maps that way…. As for getting the points in garrison and keep, hope your server karma train when your opponents have won for the week.

The point is that Heezdedjim so much enjoys WvW that PvE map completion is a problem…

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

You manage….like everyone else that has gone before you!? Chop, chop and quit QQing.

in WvW

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

That’s what happened to me. Came for the map completion, stayed for the fun.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Way back when Id do a map a day or something. But yes, PvE is kitten. Sadly You’ll need it for the gold/drops to get all your tier 6 matts.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I was fortunate enough to be on SoS during it’s rocket ride up to T1 during what is probably still to date, the most one-sided match in WvW history; SoS-IoJ-HoD. (made some of the matches in Season 1 look balanced).
I got all four maps explored in about 2 hours (if I had been smart and running with speed buffs, it would have been in 1).

in WvW

Posted by: Redball.7236

Redball.7236

This thread is great because you can see all the people that don’t read the OP.

Cassius Snowstorm – Engineer
Tycho Snowpaw – Guardian
Gandara – [WvW]

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I know how you feel i got to about 70% map completion before wvw took over for me, 9 months later i released that i had most of what i needed to make a legendary.

What i did was do a little pve every time i log on BEFORE pressing B, BEFORE checking your guild/friends list to see which commanders are about. BEFORE logging in to voice chat.

A good way to go about completing a map is to run around getting all the way points first in a single go, then the next day start working on the other stuff, patience is you friend

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Lol i feel you, when I got the game i was amazed by the graphics and gameplay, PvE stuff seemed movie-like for me ( go ahead and laugh I used to play free-2download mmos so go figure). So i was decided to finish map completion.

Till one day I realised i needed WvW maps too, and it got me. Its been a year and a half and i still havent gotten world comp haha

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Hilarious, isn’kitten
To the OP – I was in the same boat as you .. only did WvW as quickly as possible so as to get dailies, monthlies and World completion… until I discovered PVT gear, a kitten good commander, from which point I never looked back!

The day I got a precursor, for me, it was a no brainer .. straight to the TP and 500G later my interest in getting a legendary was gone.

Now, when I’m in a group and someone is waving a Twilight or an Eternity in front of me, it’s not “Oooo, me want!”, it’s “GTFO .. you’re blocking my view!”

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I almost had the same as the OP. But I did my map completion in WvW as the last thing. So I was moving along in EB when I noticed a commander asking for some help at enemy keep and decided well this is the time to see if I like this or not. And what felt like moments later I was in WvW for 4 hours straight. So after that I was in no huhrry to get the BL done because I would get there in time.

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

This is why I strictly prevented myself from touching wvw until having explored all the pve maps, when I was going for map completion.

The most mind numbing experience ever, but I don’t regret it now.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

You can always get something…. you know, something else than a legendary. No point spending time to have fancy pixels when wvw is so much fun.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Heezdedjim.8902

Wait until your server is blue, it’ll be much easier to get those points then.

That was my plan.

Speaking of which . . . I thought the colors were supposed to be random each week, but at least when SoR was in T1, we were red week after week after week. Are the colors actually rotated “randomly,” or is there still some sort of “weight” factored in for the ranking of each server when deciding the colors?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Are the colors actually rotated “randomly,” or is there still some sort of “weight” factored in for the ranking of each server when deciding the colors?

It’s based on ranking and random roll, see https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/When-does-the-worlds-change-colors/3467650

And yes, your rating difference to the other two T1 server made it very unlikely till impossible for you to get something else than red.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Just wait until EotM is required for map completion!! So much fun!! #Sarcasm

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

OK do you understand the concept of legendary, it is that you MASTER every part of this game, That means WVW maps, Which means you have to prove your worth and CONQEUR towers/keeps to EARN those points of interest. I just made my first legendary (twilight) and finished it in under 2 months, ankitten ow working on #2. I found only getting the nessesary amount of gold for t6mats/precursor hard, every other part of it i enjoyed, including map completion of both PVE/WVW.

I am a prodiminatly wvw focused player though, and doing the DOZENS of pve maps didn’t make me whine, so you shouldnt be complaining about completing FOUR wvw ones, just because they take more effort to do.

Sorry if this seemed a little full on, but i am sick and tired of hearing people who only wvw/pve exclusivley complain about how they have to do the one they don’t like to get their own legendary. It is how it is, either suck it up and EARN the legendary or give up and don’t, just please stop crying about it.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Do you REALLY want a Legendary weapon?? As heard in VoiP so many times, “Look, that guy has a Lgendary! KILL THEM!!!” Commence the zerg turning to go after a solo person who is leaving little spots behind them when they run….

LOL, how is that Legendary working out now?

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

OK do you understand the concept of legendary, it is that you MASTER every part of this game, That means WVW maps, Which means you have to prove your worth and CONQEUR towers/keeps to EARN those points of interest. I just made my first legendary (twilight) and finished it in under 2 months, ankitten ow working on #2. I found only getting the nessesary amount of gold for t6mats/precursor hard, every other part of it i enjoyed, including map completion of both PVE/WVW.

I am a prodiminatly wvw focused player though, and doing the DOZENS of pve maps didn’t make me whine, so you shouldnt be complaining about completing FOUR wvw ones, just because they take more effort to do.

Sorry if this seemed a little full on, but i am sick and tired of hearing people who only wvw/pve exclusivley complain about how they have to do the one they don’t like to get their own legendary. It is how it is, either suck it up and EARN the legendary or give up and don’t, just please stop crying about it.

While your point is correct, the situation is the opposite for the OP – it is returning to complete the pve maps they are complaining about.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Do you REALLY want a Legendary weapon?? As heard in VoiP so many times, “Look, that guy has a Lgendary! KILL THEM!!!” Commence the zerg turning to go after a solo person who is leaving little spots behind them when they run….

LOL, how is that Legendary working out now?

Great, because if and when that happens (never), you’ll have wasted time, because you’ll never catch me If anything I’ll pick off one from your tail in your ill-disciplined group.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Heezdedjim.8902

As heard in VoiP so many times, “Look, that guy has a Lgendary! KILL THEM!!!” Commence the zerg turning to go after a solo person who is leaving little spots behind them when they run

Eh . . . literally 8 in 10 people I see in WvW seem to have legendaries, and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything like this in comms. I’ve heard plenty of yelling about killing some kitten or another, but never because of what they were carrying.

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I don’t think the OP was QQ’ing for the sake of getting PvE requirements removed. If it was, I’d imagine it would have been posted in the General Discussion area first and would have mentioned that. I’d imagine the OP posted it in the WvW section to get ideas on how other WvW’ers who wanted map completion handled the fact that they don’t find PvE maps fun.

@OP: Maybe instead of looking at as a I’ve got 30% more to go maybe bite it off into smaller chunks.

Maybe do it by map. Maybe do it by POI/Waypoint/Vista/Skill point/hearts (if you have any hearts left) and work on all of one type before going on to another.

Or say: I must go up 1% in map completion every day before I go into WvW. Then in 30 days or less, you’ll have your map completion. It’s just 1%.

in WvW

Heezdedjim.8902

Or say: I must go up 1% in map completion every day before I go into WvW. Then in 30 days or less, you’ll have your map completion. It’s just 1%.

I like this one. I was thinking of trying to go back to just doing a map or half of one a day. But getting 1% is an even better increment. It’s small enough that there’s almost no excuse not to do it, and at this point I think I’m at 75% with a couple WvW points left to go, so it will be done in just a few weeks if I get 1% every day.

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

you make us proud op. :-) welcoooome

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

this is why I left the WvW maps for last.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Thanks to WvW, my highest map completion I have on 10 characters is 63% on my 80 Ranger. My lowest is 13% on my 80 Guard who literally grew up in WvW…all the rest are scattered between 20-30%. And thos only because I fool around for a half hour in the morning before work.

Ahh well…all the Legendaries are stupidly ugly anyway. Even if I had one, I’d just skin it with something to make it look more functional and realistic.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Heezdedjim.8902

Thanks to WvW, my highest map completion I have on 10 characters is 63% on my 80 Ranger. My lowest is 13% on my 80 Guard who literally grew up in WvW…all the rest are scattered between 20-30%. And thos only because I fool around for a half hour in the morning before work.

Ahh well…all the Legendaries are stupidly ugly anyway. Even if I had one, I’d just skin it with something to make it look more functional and realistic.

Account-wide cumulative map completion . . . FTW?

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Account-wide cumulative map completion . . . FTW?

Please no, or give at least 6 gifts of exploraration out. So that those players who wish to get a legendary on every spot possible and have access to in combat weapon swap can get all of their weapons by making them.

As it stands now, any character that swaps between two one handed weapons and a two-handed or two different one handed weapons who wishes to make their legendaries has to do complete map completion on two characters.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

What’s a legendary? – Oh, never mind, the queue just popped.

in WvW

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Hahaha this made me laugh so hard. It’s so true

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

You can imagine them visualising what they wanted to type before they even clicked on the thread.