OP skill lags since WvW seasons started

in WvW

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

In NA Eternal Battlegrounds at this moment the three top NA servers BG, JQ, and SoR are having a three way war inside of SM. Three zergs. Epic potential.

But everyone is walking around like zombies because of lag. Such a disappointment.

in WvW

Posted by: shaggy.8123

shaggy.8123

Right now in T1 can’t fight in borderlands because of massive skill lag…as soon as you encounter massive blob, well…bye bye skills…
And you WILL encounter almost only massive blobs…

in WvW

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Constant error 7 DCs today, le sigh.

Skill lag —> General lag —> DC to character selection screen

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m blatantly stealing this from Junkpile simply because I think a number of players may instantly recognize a part of this video.

http://youtu.be/xI2Enx-3VRw

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

“HEAL!!! Why won’t you work, #6 button?!” ~smacks it moar…cuz we all know that makes electronics work better.

>.>

I’m outclassed by a monkey. At least IT got a bottle of juice for its efforts.

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Frigging hilarious try to think 30 sec ahead and try to use well. Maybe they run there 77777777777777777777777. Can’t even kill doyaks because you can’t even find where dolyak actually walking

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

I’m suspect Anet increased the borderlands map caps at start of leagues which is the root cause of the issues.

Getting complete freeze ups and rubberband stutters lasting 30-60 seconds in zerg fights then lying frozen dead for 30 seconds while clicking the waypoint to respawn doesnt work at all.

Much much, worse then the old skill lag where you could at least move and autoattack.

in WvW

jayvux.4128

Visual presentation :,D -painful smile-

Attachments:

GM of Leaders [LEAD]

in WvW

Carize.8532

Forgive me if I’m just being blind or slow-witted…but what is that image supposed to show? I don’t see anything out of the ordinary.

~lack of sleep may be affecting me, I admit.~

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi

in WvW

Posted by: vladAnco.8304

vladAnco.8304

As i remember lags were ALWAYS, but yet its jsut few times stronger, nothing new…

in WvW

jayvux.4128

Forgive me if I’m just being blind or slow-witted…but what is that image supposed to show? I don’t see anything out of the ordinary.

Take a look at the skill bar
Look painfully familiar?
Them flashes. /cries

GM of Leaders [LEAD]

in WvW

Carize.8532

Take a look at the skill bar
Look painfully familiar?
Them flashes. /cries

OHHHHH. Yep, now that you point it out I see it. ~hug~ I do feel your pain, my friend. One of the most frustrating things is seeing the pain train headed your way and unable to use a skill to survive. :’(

in WvW

Posted by: Devourox.2146

Devourox.2146

Though i’m sure the devs are working hard at fixing the lag issue, i’m just going to add in my experience with this lag.

As soon as i get into the game, instant lag i’m not even in WvW. Even in open world, for PVE i’m getting crazy lag. When i press B to go to battlegrounds and choose my battleground it might take a few minutes to respond and today it didn’t respond at all (i.e. no queue or message). As i got into battlegrounds, no people around me or maybe 3-4 people, massive lag still. When i got into the battlegrounds a few days ago people were just lagging everywhere on my screen and it was even to the point hilarious when the entire zerg of our server got into the lord’s room of the opponent and won simply by spamming AOE attacks with massive skill lag. To summarize, the lag is pretty much everywhere and the game is largely unplayable so until that’s fixed i can’t say i’ll be playing this game for as much time as i used to, if even.

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Just quit playing. SF was storming SM and it was unplayable. Worst I’ve ever seen.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I’m suspect Anet increased the borderlands map caps at start of leagues which is the root cause of the issues.

If this were true wouldn’t they have hotfixed it back to previous levels by now from all the squalling all over on the forums this weekend? I mean that is what I thought at first as well but now I am not so sure after seeing that quote from Devon saying they never want to lower those caps and would prefer to increase them. I was so hopeful when there was a patch to download today. /cries

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i can’t even auto attack now FFS!

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Skill lag is death. Period.

Earlier tonight on my Necro I made the mistake of hitting F1 and it actually worked. Then I sat there and watched my life force go from 100% to zero without a single skill firing off. Not one.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in WvW

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Leagues Season is a joke when players cant heal, cant do more than mash skill one in large battles.
On TS, with 50+ people all having the same issues. Welcome to broken WvW.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

in WvW

jayvux.4128

Got my enemy downed, and then all skill lags break loose…
I then stood there painfully while he gradually healed up.
At least he just walked away after, he must have thought I was being kind and returned the favor. Karma <3

GM of Leaders [LEAD]

(edited by jayvux.4128)

in WvW

jayvux.4128

Day 5: Dcing more than ever, Error Code 7

GM of Leaders [LEAD]

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

How can I not notice it. It used to be in SM only, when 2 zergs met. Now with the amount of players I sometimes cannot do more than pres 1.
Or watch someone run pass me because I cannot target him, next target does nothing, mouse is gone….

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

It’s nut just skill lag which is a huge problem itself.

Since the season i dc a lot for no apparent reason even when im alone and the map is pretty much dead (i transfered to vabbi because the game was unplayable in t1, and yes i have skill lag in vabbi too even tho it’s not as bad as t1). Today i dced 7 times in the period of 3 hours gametime. Good god there is no queue on vabbi at all. Still quite annoying.

WvW is pretty much completely broken atm

in WvW

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I dont know what has happened since the season start but the game has went from being skill lag occasionally, more so when the 3 server blobs are all in the one location to now having skill lag even when 2 blobs meet.

These blobs aren’t as large as the blobs ive witnessed in the past and had no skill lag, so wither its the new calculations for the achievements which is causing the server to do this or something else but it is awful to play in.

Since the patch WvW has went from being a joy to being a frustration, its tough being a Necro as you need to manage your death shroud etc to keep yourself alive or standing up right. But hitting death shroud and nothing happening then keep hitting the button to see you suddenly flash in and out of death shroud, then watch your health drop and hit heal and hit heal and hit heal….nothing happening and then dead.

At times I cant even get the auto attack to work, and to be honest id rather they cut short the leagues now and revert back as its pretty obvious in the EU who is winning that one. I’d rather have my WvW back rather than continue to bang my head against the brick wall of queue’s and skill lag. All for what?…..for 2nd or 3rd place and 7 weeks of long queues and even worse horrible unplayable skill lag.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Had some serious lag once so far in a devil’s three-way between HoD(us), Kain, and Fergs in SM. We held it, and they each trying to wait for the other to engage, by the time everyone got in, very few of us could execute any skills.

It was better since then, though, not sure what was different besides sheer numbering in SM at the time.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Pihtt.4360

Pihtt.4360

still spaming my healing skill…

Guardian [Run] Welcome To Wonderland: http://team-run.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

I was about to post a highly relevant and informative comment but my keyboard rubberbanded and I wasn t able to use any other key than the space bar and as I pressed post-reply I got DC’ed and had to relog.

in WvW

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

I went from being moderately unable to play (lagging, dcing every 30 minutes) to completely unable to play (lagging constantly, dcing every 5 minutes). It’s way too frustrating so I’m really not planning on playing until this hopefully lessens…

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

EB is completely unplayable. The borderlands are better, I have not experienced much skill lag in them since the reset night. Still, this is completely unacceptable on Arena Net’s part, how is fixing this not priority #1 and something they are not working 24/7 on? The lag in EB is atrocious on the point of being hilarious. How can you release a huge event/achievement bundle like the WvW season and NOT do anything about an issue that was a problem before and has since been extremely exacerbated? This is extremely disappointing as WvW is the only game type I enjoy playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

I would just like the mention that the only time I experienced anything even remotely close to the skill lag I am experiencing now was during a triple zerg fight inside SMC and even then it was not that bad. However, now I can’t even use my skills in spawn. I just don’t understand how they have allowed this to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

I’m super upset because I can’t even do spvp/tpvp now. The lag for me is so bad that I DC from these game modes as well. This is new as of tonight. I’m able to play Smite perfectly fine, so I know it’s definitely just with GW2. :/

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

It’s just gotten worse with each patch. There’s been skill lag from the start, but they don’t do anything about it.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Nothing official from Anet yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

Even outside wvw I am getting lag, albeit not as bad as in wvw. It is more then just skill lag it is…just lag, everyone seems to be jerking across the screen around me, instead of a smooth flow.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

in WvW

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

buff servers plz

in WvW

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

So much lag my auto attack doesn’t work lol.

Ded gaem

in WvW

Carize.8532

On Friday at reset my guild all rallied and got ready for WvW. BOOM! Reset happens and all hit ‘go to X’ (the borderland we’ve been assigned). Maybe half get in and rest are queued—for hours and one of our comms eventually logs off without making it to WvW at all after so long. >.<

OK, I’m now in WvW but I’m lagging while standing still (I mean, skills that I know I hit back before waypointing to spawn—during the battle that killed me—is starting to blinking on my skillbar even though now I’m at wp in spawn).

Re-rally on my guild comm, we move out and as I’m travelling I am flipping through my attunements like I usually do—-and I can’t. Stuck in Earth for almost 20 secs. Later, comm asks for AoE on a wall to clear siege and my char pops a Static Field instead of channelling Meteor Shower. Yes, I say to myself after looking twice, I AM in Fire attunement. But just like the weird blinking I got while in spawn, game seems to think this is still 5 secs ago when I was in Lighting attune!

After we cap tower we move back to spawn and head out a new direction. I’m a little trailing after my guild because of selling & repair. I head out and get jumped by a thief while in the tunnel just before passing sentry at Lowlands. Start fighting and evasive maneuvers , and even movement keys aren’t working well, let alone skills! I’m pressing buttons and nothing is happening while I get to be a spectator to my own characters death.

Full health >thief hits> press skill & movement keys> nothing> thief hits again > skill keys and F1-F4 on 3-4 sec delay> char at near death> heal skill blinking uselessly> screen pause> char lying dead, pinned like a frog in biology lab. WTH…

Lag during big zerg fights is understandable. I’m in T1 NA and we have big population of WvW’ers. Fine. I can deal with a bit of lag and have still loved this game since I started. But this kind of lag during even small fights or while running across a field or inside spawn is new, more intense and causing me to be nearly unable to play at all.

• I DC multiple times a night
  • I wait in queues, then get into WvW only to face dying repeatedly in stupid ways because skills don’t fire off, or rubberbanding backward INTO the ball of death I just was trying to get away from.
  • I dodgeroll through AC fire, make it past with only a little health missing—only to see myself downed or dead a few seconds later; as if I never made it out of the red circles.

Seeing others post things like “Devon warned us all” or “you should have transferred to a smaller server” or “your fault for being on that server” just infuriates me. It’s clouding up the atmosphere with irrelevant things.

Got nothing to do with just being on a “stacked server” and everything to do with ANet.

Pre-Season 1 announcement, I lagged occasionally in huge fights when all 3 groups were balled up together somewhere. May have had to turn down GFX to Best Performance if all the lights flashing and players moving around made my PC have trouble. Rarely disconnected.

Post-Season 1 announcement, players have transferred here…hell whole guilds have joined us!!…my game played the same as before, no real problem.

Since Friday Oct. 18, I get lag in PvE areas, lag in Halloween patch areas, lag in WvW, increased loading screens(IE: 30sec long for some), many screen freezes per night, booted to char select, rubberbanding and teleporting( me, other players, YAKS!!), absolute skill lag chaos, etc.

Sorry for this wall of text, didn’t realize how fed up and kitten ed off I was till I started smashing my keyboard just now.

(edited by Carize.8532)

in WvW

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

On Friday at reset my guild all rallied and got ready for WvW. BOOM! Reset happens and all hit ‘go to X’ (the borderland we’ve been assigned). Maybe half get in and rest are queued—for hours and one of our comms eventually logs off without making it to WvW at all after so long. >.<

OK, I’m now in WvW but I’m lagging while standing still (I mean, skills that I know I hit back before waypointing to spawn—during the battle that killed me—is starting to blinking on my skillbar even though now I’m at wp in spawn).

Re-rally on my guild comm, we move out and as I’m travelling I am flipping through my attunements like I usually do—-and I can’t. Stuck in Earth for almost 20 secs. Later, comm asks for AoE on a wall to clear siege and my char pops a Static Field instead of channelling Meteor Shower. Yes, I say to myself after looking twice, I AM in Fire attunement. But just like the weird blinking I got while in spawn, game seems to think this is still 5 secs ago when I was in Lighting attune!

After we cap tower we move back to spawn and head out a new direction. I’m a little trailing after my guild because of selling & repair. I head out and get jumped by a thief while in the tunnel just before passing sentry at Lowlands. Start fighting and evasive maneuvers , and even movement keys aren’t working well, let alone skills! I’m pressing buttons and nothing is happening while I get to be a spectator to my own characters death.

Full health >thief hits> press skill & movement keys> nothing> thief hits again > skill keys and F1-F4 on 3-4 sec delay> char at near death> heal skill blinking uselessly> screen pause> char lying dead, pinned like a frog in biology lab. WTH…

Lag during big zerg fights is understandable. I’m in T1 NA and we have big population of WvW’ers. Fine. I can deal with a bit of lag and have still loved this game since I started. But this kind of lag during even small fights or while running across a field or inside spawn is new, more intense and causing me to be nearly unable to play at all.

• I DC multiple times a night
  • I wait in queues, then get into WvW only to face dying repeatedly in stupid ways because skills don’t fire off, or rubberbanding backward INTO the ball of death I just was trying to get away from.
  • I dodgeroll through AC fire, make it past with only a little health missing—only to see myself downed or dead a few seconds later; as if I never made it out of the red circles.

Seeing others post things like “Devon warned us all” or “you should have transferred to a smaller server” or “your fault for being on that server” just infuriates me. It’s clouding up the atmosphere with irrelevant things.

Got nothing to do with just being on a “stacked server” and everything to do with ANet.

Pre-Season 1 announcement, I lagged occasionally in huge fights when all 3 groups were balled up together somewhere. May have had to turn down GFX to Best Performance if all the lights flashing and players moving around made my PC have trouble. Rarely disconnected.

Post-Season 1 announcement, players have transferred here…hell whole guilds have joined us!!…my game played the same as before, no real problem.

Since Friday Oct. 18, I get lag in PvE areas, lag in Halloween patch areas, lag in WvW, increased loading screens(IE: 30sec long for some), many screen freezes per night, booted to char select, rubberbanding and teleporting( me, other players, YAKS!!), absolute skill lag chaos, etc.

Sorry for this wall of text, didn’t realize how fed up and kitten ed off I was till I started smashing my keyboard just now.

Finally sigh someone who can put the things in words, I couldn’t find. Especially the stuff about pre and post season 1 announcement thumbs up for you I can’t stand the comments like “move to an other server” etc anymore.
I want my pre season 1 situation back!!

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I don’t think Anet understand how bad it is. If they did, they would have done something or at least acknowledged the severe problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The skill lags definatly got worse. Previously I only witnessed such skill lag in a 3 party stone mist castle battle during primetime. Now it happens in a 2 party battle already.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I would welcome any of the ANET dev team who work on server side to come to any of the top 6-9 servers for a day of WvW to experience just how game destroying this is.

Cannot see it happening as I get the feeling that the dev who told us that we where the minority on here doesn’t really understand how it works, the WvW clashes before caused lag, so instead of fixing it, they decieded to add a bunch of AP’s for PvEr’s to get, made Zerg Vs Zerg battles 50% larger.

Me and a few friends logged off WvW 30 mins ago, as soon as 2 opposing teams could be seen on the map it was instant lag fest, and this is before they clashed, couldn’t cast, couldn’t change weapons, and bascailly it came down to who had the biggest numbers, not who had the skill, it even made 2 v 2 on the ruins lag out because of the map clashes,

All this does really is pushes those who enjoyed WvW from launch and where not AP hunters out of the game format they enjoyed, and allow the PvE AP hunters to PvD for points, looks like if you want any sort of PvP you have to go sPvP.

Reading this DEVS, your LAG IS KILLING YOUR GAME.

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

i finally got into wvw today since the patch has hit and im not gonna bother going back.. its totally unplayable.. even when just trying to crack a door the lag starts and its for EVERYONE not just me.. when a zerg battle starts.. dont even bother! skill just dont work and we wipe. seeing as im primarily in wvw these days its time to take a few month break till anet can get their kitten together

in WvW

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

I don’t think is due to higher populations. Reset night on FA generally has had all three maps queued all night since release for example, and there was never lag this bad before.

I wonder if it has something to do with the new way boons prioritize party members. More calculations for the servers to make?

in WvW

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

“HEAL!!! Why won’t you work, #6 button?!” ~smacks it moar…cuz we all know that makes electronics work better.

>.>

I’m outclassed by a monkey. At least IT got a bottle of juice for its efforts.

That’s how I felt a couple of days ago. I was fighting another guy with my ranger and hardly anyone else was around. Maybe one or two others running past us in the distance.
The other guy got me low on health and I was desperately trying to get off my heal or “guard” for the regen. FPS was good and I had no lag, but the heal and utility skill refused to work…

After an hour or so, I logged. No point playing like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Last night in EB we killed this solo ranger in front of Bravost. I thought it was odd we didn’t see his pet anywhere.

So we go to flip Umber camp, which took like 10 minutes because of the lag(5 players vs all npc’s lol), and as soon as we flip the camp guess what we saw?

That ranger we killed 10 minutes ago, his pet bird was bobbing up and down on the road, frantically trying to catch up to his dead(and probably WP’d) master.

That…is some crazy lag.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

Seems like their tactic will be sitting this one out and hoping that after everyone has done the achievements things will go back to the way it was before season 1 started.
Almost a week of insane lags and still no comment, that just says a lot about how much they care…..

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Pre-season I experienced little to no lag unless I really felt like getting stuck in during an SM three-way at prime time. Now it’s just horrible and for the first time ever I had to stop playing WvW on Monday at around 12pm (GMT) because I was experiencing so much lag. You know what I was doing at the time I had to log out? Solo-roaming on my home borderland. That lag – it gets you wherever you are.

Gandara

in WvW

jayvux.4128

Pre-season I experienced little to no lag unless I really felt like getting stuck in during an SM three-way at prime time. Now it’s just horrible and for the first time ever I had to stop playing WvW on Monday at around 12pm (GMT) because I was experiencing so much lag. You know what I was doing at the time I had to log out? Solo-roaming on my home borderland. That lag – it gets you wherever you are.

^ Ditto.

Day 7: No improvements.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Funny how they created a game of pong and charades (/wave) when they intended to make the most complex combo combat super hyped system of notworking.

All you can do now is… walk to your opponent and sit together and have a discussion in /emotes about the state of wvw since non of your skills fire..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: dayni.6427

dayni.6427

This garrison fight in vizunah border moments ago was the most pathetic thing ever in gaming history.. The fight lasted 1,5 hour and you could barely use autoattack. People will quit this game if this kitten problem continues for long.. Merlin your signature made me laugh.. “i pressed buttons and stuff happened” oh i really wish that was the case lol.

in WvW

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

I’ve experienced skill lag, especially healing skill lag, when facing off HoD zergs and even small groups that were perfectly able to heal up. But that did not happen against Kain players, strangely… I’ve seen enough HoD hacking of various sorts that I suspect some of the ‘lag’ is not simply due to servers.