Observations about tier 8 (and math!)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Devona still have quite a bunch of rating… HoD will take 2-3 weeks to go up (If Devona stay at that pace).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Well this is new and refreshing, I sure am glad someone took the time to enlighten us on the T8 situation.

Although Anet should not have given free transfer options to T7, because all it did was get people to transfer to T7 and not T8 and now we have to go through several more months of T8 QQ threads.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Super easy fix ANet, almost no changes are needed to the scoring system using the following:

Separate the server ranking list, from the match line-up list. Done. I’ll explain:

The list of servers rank by glicko score will not change. This will still be the ordered list of 1st to last place.
The list of server match-ups though would now be determined by winner move up loser move down. This will keep match-ups from going stale and tiers becoming out of scale with each other. This means that the list of current match-ups will be close, but not equal to the list of server ranking in order.

That’s a really dumb idea as dozens of players have pointed out in other threads. It just makes blowouts happen more often.

as pointed out in other threads, this is not true. The WvW system is not capable of balanced matches. Nearly every match is a blowout. WULD won’t change that.

I hope arenanet doesnt’ share your misguided view as someone on a server who’s only won maybe 2 games in 3 or 4 months I would love to go down a tier now and then and win a game here and there. I like winning sometimes.

I never said that WvW is capable of even matches, with or without WULD. If you read my post just above yours you’ll see that I said exactly the opposite.

It is true, however, that WULD would generate even more blowouts. If all the servers in Tier A are evenly matched and all of those in Tier B are as well, all six servers enjoy a reasonably equitable match. WULD means that the following week four out of the six servers are likely to experience a blowout. The server that got bumped up to Tier A likely loses big, the server that got bumped down likely wins big, and the other two servers in Tier B likely lose big. This scenario is GUARANTEED to play out like that any time there are significant differences in populations from one tier to another … in other words, pretty often.

At least in my “misguided view” I can understand that four is more than zero.

Which tier is tier A and tier B? I think you’re assuming too much. You assume these tiers exist and you assume the shift would play out as you describe it. There is evidence that moving tiers doesn’t guarantee a blowout worse than the previous tier.

Regardless, your math is flawed and I wouldn’t analyze it this way anyways. As for the math, there are 8 tiers, not 4. Most all of which are bad matchups and unwinnable by at least one team. This is why you shouldn’t use data from a hypothetical example to prove a hypothesis.

Even so, the new tiers experiencing blowouts as you say would not be the same tiers as the previous matchup. it would be the red teams getting a chance to win and green teams getting a chance to lose. my whole point was this is better for the game as outside of tier1 and tier 8 no team will stagnate in months long losing streaks. And tier 8 will at least get new servers to sit as green.

@Mausler, I’m not experienced or familiar enough with the europe servers to really say much about it. I can tell you when i look at the last matchup i don’t see the balance to which you’re referring.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/27

We may just have a different view of balance.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Or DR will continue their amazing journey to T8 and back. That in itself will be worth the price of popcorn.

“There and Back Again: A WvWer’s Tale,” by Devona’s Rest

Sounds like the Blockbuster hit of the summer.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Umad SF is just too good at WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Super easy fix ANet, almost no changes are needed to the scoring system using the following:

Separate the server ranking list, from the match line-up list. Done. I’ll explain:

The list of servers rank by glicko score will not change. This will still be the ordered list of 1st to last place.
The list of server match-ups though would now be determined by winner move up loser move down. This will keep match-ups from going stale and tiers becoming out of scale with each other. This means that the list of current match-ups will be close, but not equal to the list of server ranking in order.

That’s a really dumb idea as dozens of players have pointed out in other threads. It just makes blowouts happen more often.

as pointed out in other threads, this is not true. The WvW system is not capable of balanced matches. Nearly every match is a blowout. WULD won’t change that.

I hope arenanet doesnt’ share your misguided view as someone on a server who’s only won maybe 2 games in 3 or 4 months I would love to go down a tier now and then and win a game here and there. I like winning sometimes.

I never said that WvW is capable of even matches, with or without WULD. If you read my post just above yours you’ll see that I said exactly the opposite.

It is true, however, that WULD would generate even more blowouts. If all the servers in Tier A are evenly matched and all of those in Tier B are as well, all six servers enjoy a reasonably equitable match. WULD means that the following week four out of the six servers are likely to experience a blowout. The server that got bumped up to Tier A likely loses big, the server that got bumped down likely wins big, and the other two servers in Tier B likely lose big. This scenario is GUARANTEED to play out like that any time there are significant differences in populations from one tier to another … in other words, pretty often.

At least in my “misguided view” I can understand that four is more than zero.

Which tier is tier A and tier B? I think you’re assuming too much. You assume these tiers exist and you assume the shift would play out as you describe it. There is evidence that moving tiers doesn’t guarantee a blowout worse than the previous tier.

Regardless, your math is flawed and I wouldn’t analyze it this way anyways. As for the math, there are 8 tiers, not 4. Most all of which are bad matchups and unwinnable by at least one team. This is why you shouldn’t use data from a hypothetical example to prove a hypothesis.

Even so, the new tiers experiencing blowouts as you say would not be the same tiers as the previous matchup. it would be the red teams getting a chance to win and green teams getting a chance to lose. my whole point was this is better for the game as outside of tier1 and tier 8 no team will stagnate in months long losing streaks. And tier 8 will at least get new servers to sit as green.

@Mausler, I’m not experienced or familiar enough with the europe servers to really say much about it. I can tell you when i look at the last matchup i don’t see the balance to which you’re referring.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/27

We may just have a different view of balance.

Did the IQ in the room just drop by thirty points? It doesn’t matter which is Tier A and which is Tier B … it’s an example, and it’s an example that has existed in the past, probably exists now, and for certain is capable of existing in the future.

And you really, really need to improve your reading comprehension. I never said anything about there being four tiers or eight tiers. There were six servers involved in my TierA/TierB example, four of which would experience a blowout from one side or the other under a WULD scenario. Get it?? Four servers … nothing was said about four tiers.

Good lord …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I’d be interested to hear from any ex SF who moved to T7 recently.

Do they think SF could be a match for any of the T7 servers?

Could they hold their own in prime time, or at night? My own (probably biased) opinion is that SF would get mauled at night against any of the T7 servers, unless they do something about their coverage.

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

Did the IQ in the room just drop by thirty points? It doesn’t matter which is Tier A and which is Tier B … it’s an example, and it’s an example that has existed in the past, probably exists now, and for certain is capable of existing in the future.

And you really, really need to improve your reading comprehension. I never said anything about there being four tiers or eight tiers. There were six servers involved in my TierA/TierB example, four of which would experience a blowout from one side or the other under a WULD scenario. Get it?? Four servers … nothing was said about four tiers.

Good lord …

You assume too much as usual. You know nothing about my IQ and want to assume things. Yes i read your post incorrectly. No it doesn’t really make a strong point when read correctly.

In any case, the heart of my response was accurate. It doesn’t matter if we’re talking about four servers or four tiers. Your example is irrelevant as it isn’t really representative of the WvW game we are playing and discussing. My points being that WULD wouldn’t generate worse matchups than we are currently seeing.

To say that its possible that someday in some tier somewhere there may be a good matchup and WULD would break up that matchup every other week isnt’ really a strong argument.

IQ or whatever particular arbirtrary measurement of intelligence (whatever that is) you wish to support has nothing to do with the fact that nearly every match is a blowout and the WvW system isn’t really capable of balanced matches. Until you can address this issue and discuss the situation reasonably from here theres no reason to continue this particular argument.

-Desirz Matheon

(edited by fivekiller.1432)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

We do have a few examples to pull from that show what is likely to happen with WULD – if we look at the T3/T4 split on the NA side, at least up until SoS started to fall through the tiers. Maguuma and Yak’s Bend basically kept swapping places between first place T4 to last place T3… and that was because they would blow out T4, but get eaten alive in T3. Not sure if I’d want that as the new “standard” throughout all of the tiers.

On top of that, I seem to recall people screaming for stability prior to the free transfers ending. Now that we have that stability, folks start crying that the matchups aren’t fresh and we need more volatility? We had volatility before and we whined about it. No need to bring it back, thank you very much.

Let’s actually take a look at WULD, as it would apply to the current NA tiers:

1. JQ
2. BG
3. Kaineng (Kaineng would get smoked here currently)

4. SoR (SoR would destroy here currently)
5. TC
6. DB (DB would be eaten alive here most likely)

7. FA (FA would own here currently and has in the past)
8. YB
9. Maguuma (this is a bit closer, YB and Maguuma seem pretty close, but neither Mag or YB stand a chance against FA)

10. SoS (This is difficult to call, not sure how the SoS slide is going to pan out)
11. SBI
12. EB (Possibly a good move, although EB has been here in the past and didn’t do too well)

13. CD (tough call, but CD has been pretty stable. Pretty sure they’d do well here)
14. BP
15. DH (another tough call – DH has been doing well and would probably continue doing OK here)

16. AR (AR would likely own here)
17. DR
18. NSP (NSP recently dropped from this tier, unlikely they’d turn that trend around)

19. IoJ (this entire tier is a tough call)
20. GoM
21. SF

22. HoD (HoD is already winning T7, they would destroy T8)
23. ET
24. FC

I think I placed the servers correctly using WULD (of course, that’s not looking at current scores, just current placement within the tiers and swapping spots, but given that there’s very little movement within the tiers atm, seems to be fairly accurate). Understanding this “analysis” on the outcomes is all conjecture on my part, we have:

Tiers with bad matchups: T1, T2, T3, T5, T6, T8
Tiers with good matchups: T4, T7

Not really sure how WULD would help, and it’s definitely not worth the risk to find out.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

Not really sure how WULD would help, and it’s definitely not worth the risk to find out.

Your assessment seems reasonable in my opinion.

WULD would not help and i’m not certain I have ever heard anyone make the claim. As I said earlier, WvW is incapable of good matchups. There is no matchup method (WULD, Glicko, Manually setting tiers, etc..) on the earth that will create good matchups.

Its not really a risk though to find out. Anyone who knows what is happening with the different servers in the game, as yourself, has a good idea how it will all play out.

There will be many bad matchups and a very few OK matchups. The only difference being there will be no matchups that will last for more than a week.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

As I said earlier, WvW is incapable of good matchups. There is no matchup method (WULD, Glicko, Manually setting tiers, etc..) on the earth that will create good matchups.

Its not really a risk though to find out. Anyone who knows what is happening with the different servers in the game, as yourself, has a good idea how it will all play out.

There will be many bad matchups and a very few OK matchups. The only difference being there will be no matchups that will last for more than a week.

Excellent points – if the goal is something different every week, WULD will certainly provide that. My only concern, as outlined above, is that we’ve had volatility in the past (with free transfers) and complained incessantly about it. Now that stability is the order of the day, it would seem we want volatility again. What happens when we get it?

Personally, would rather leave it alone and have ANet focus on other issues, such as skill lag or bugs within the classes. That’s just me, though – WULD wouldn’t break the game or anything, though, so why not? On top of that, we’d have less T8 threads – almost worth trying it out just for that! xD

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I’d prefer to have a blowout every other week rather than every single week.
I understand why you call it “dumb”, but I think it’s a better alternative than the current.
There are plenty of examples and scenarios that show why glicko fails in a tiered environment. This options mixes the tiers more often (more blowouts, you’re correct), and the reason for this would be to keep the tiers in the same score scale with other tiers. I don’t expect everybody to understand and/or agree with this, I just think it’s better than what we currently have. I’d love to hear a solution that is the best of both worlds; minimal blowouts, but tiers don’t get off scale with each other in regards to glicko score.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/give-servers-a-shot-at-the-next-tier/first#post1640394

how ’bout this?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

If being in tier 8 bothers you this much transfer to another server or stick it out. But making threads like these to point out a problem that you at the same time say is being ignored seems pointless. If you claim your speaking to a brick wall then stop speaking, if not then be patient.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Luke.8295

Luke.8295

SF are not good enough for T7, they only dominated T8 due to population issues of the other 2 servers, and they will see the gap closing each week as ET & FC now have some more troops.

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Quote from t2 transfers to FC: “Sorrows has more people than Kaineng in prime time”.
Its true too, as evident by EVERY. SINGLE. TRANSFER. who has come here this last week. Coming from t5, I’ve seen zergs fielded by SF 2x the size of the biggest Zerg EVER fielded by ehmry bay.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

problem with that is.. with larger numbers, and relative low skill across all 3 servers, SF was never pushed to do more advanced tactics. as was just said in a VERY good post in the weekly matchup thread: "ain’t broke, don’t fix it". why bother with the advanced stuff when a straight-on charge and auto-attack-go-get-a-sandwich works 90% of the time. plus there is the possibility of "fair weather" players who are really only in WvW because it was a landslide victory every week. as frustrating as 2-3 months of domination has been for all of us... it *might* have been a rude surprise to SF if they had broken out into tier 7. i don’t know what the tactics in play are like in tier 7, so i can’t speak accurately to that issue. i can only say "might"

everyone on tier 8 has been forced to ’step up their game’ with the transfers. all 3 servers are being pushed and tested and stretched... learning new things, fighting smarter... this would be a perfect time for ANET to fix or adjust the tier 8 rank somehow... even if it’s not a full score reset like they were planning a while back that they backed out of. if SF can then maintain their lead... with the new knowledge they have... they truly deserve to break out at that point. i kinda hope i’m wrong about the "fair weather" players thing, tho, and they don’t lose a lot of people when they hit opposition.

i know some will probably take this the wrong way... it seems to be a very sore point for some reason, but: SF has some very skilled people (KING, CoSA, and a few others, i’m lookin at you...), but really their biggest strength, which they were allowing to carry themselves, was sheer force of numbers. sheer numbers won’t carry you forever. previously free transfers threw everything out of whack... but this time, they did some good... we are all learning and growing and getting better... and the fights lately have been much more fun... to the point that... while yeah, sure, i’d like to see a new opponent in SF’s place (3 months of the same opponents gets old after a while), the fights are more even, and i don’t mind it so much anymore.

just my long rambling 2 cents

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Glicko would only works if the tiered matchups were removed and matchups were random, allowing bottom ranked servers a chance at higher ranked servers. We would then have a ranking system that measured relative strength, but due to the population imbalances we would also have matchups dominated by higher or heavy off hour populations. Maybe PPT should be based on kills only, so that PvDoor would have no affect?

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

(edited by Drakh.3128)

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Guys Guys stop the fighting just move SF up into T1 and let them do their thang!!! Nough said.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

I have a toon on HoD thanks to the new transfers and hate to say it but whichever server comes down to T8 is going to be pushed to the bottom. I never believed before that ET and FC would be a good match for T7 before the transfers….but I think I was wrong. Now with the transfers, I don’t think there is a team in T7 that could compete in T8. Once we get out I see the other servers following suite after blowing out the T7 servers that get replace by huge margins.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Nirvana.5796

Nirvana.5796

I have a toon on HoD thanks to the new transfers and hate to say it but whichever server comes down to T8 is going to be pushed to the bottom. I never believed before that ET and FC would be a good match for T7 before the transfers….but I think I was wrong. Now with the transfers, I don’t think there is a team in T7 that could compete in T8. Once we get out I see the other servers following suite after blowing out the T7 servers that get replace by huge margins.

I think the main issue all three T8 servers have is coverage during non-peak times.

Love Buzz [VK] – Guardian – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

I have been out on T7 a few times and didn’t see that much coverage out there, but it has been a few days will check it out again when I can

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

I loled

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I have been out on T7 a few times and didn’t see that much coverage out there, but it has been a few days will check it out again when I can

You xfered your character from ET to HoD?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

You xfered your character from ET to HoD?

Yeah wanted to see the numbers there and see what T7 was like, it made me sad cause it was the best fighting I’ve seen in a while. Even and smaller fights and the use of defensive siege on keeps without having Ele’s blow it up, some of the stuff lower tiers used to be like.

Saying that I feel T7 is no match for T8 in any way and once we brake out and then you guys they are going to be in for a rude awakening. Hope VK leaving FC doesn’t hurt them to much.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Saying that I feel T7 is no match for T8 in any way and once we brake out and then you guys they are going to be in for a rude awakening. Hope VK leaving FC doesn’t hurt them to much.

Well, as long FC don’t step out of the game again when VK leave, I don’t think we’ll see much changes on the board… I’m sure Agg and FoE messed whatever VK was up to here on T8. And seriously, if I were at FC, I wouldn’t like’em, because they came, took 30+ slots that could have bolstered FC ranks, and now are leaving…

At least they stated that at Day 1, so everyone knew all along.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i’ve said this before and i’ll say it again, here…

only server point reset every 4 months will resolve current issue with T8…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

I loled[/quote]

Thats exactly what I did last night when I logged into HoD at 7pm eastern time and there was a zerg of 25 running around in EB and about 15-20 taking stuff back in HoD bl. There were others there but most were defending points that weren’t under attack while other stuff was getting taken. If that is the winning team in T7 during a peak hour then you guys will enjoy your move to T8 after ET moves up.

So once SF moves up with the lowest score in T7 and blows the other teams out of the water what will happen to the scores of those teams?

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

(edited by FilthyRat.4652)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

So once SF moves up with the lowest score in T7 and blows the other teams out of the water what will happen to the scores of those teams?

They will drop and be stuck on the glicko ghetto… FOREVAH!

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenred.3890

Sevenred.3890

I loled

Thats exactly what I did last night when I logged into HoD at 7pm eastern time and there was a zerg of 25 running around in EB and about 15-20 taking stuff back in HoD bl. There were others there but most were defending points that weren’t under attack while other stuff was getting taken. If that is the winning team in T7 during a peak hour then you guys will enjoy your move to T8 after ET moves up.

[/quote]

7PM Eastern time in EB, only 25 HoD? Granted I’ve logged from 8PM to 11PM Eastern, I can tell you there was a lot more HoD than that. I can’t remember the exact time but HoD definetely tried a golem rush to SM with a lot more than 25 people while I was there. Commander guild name was “thinkerer” or something like it.

Sevenred, Sylvari Thief
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Darek.1836

FC (lowest pop in t8) fields 50-60 man zergs for up to 6 hours daily.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

i’ve said this before and i’ll say it again, here…

only server point reset every 4 months will resolve current issue with T8…..

No: sliding window scores also solves it. Like it happens in tennis. Plus, it adds some variety in the matchups.

The biggest problem with WvW rankings is not glicko 2 but only the way the pairing is formed. If the pairings were more random (like it is in chess, for instance), the points would be more volatile. Speaking of volatile, I believe the “volatile” variable Anet used is not laxist enough. They believed that transfers wouldn’t really occur often. Well, the reality proved them wrong.

So if they removed the automatic pairings (but kept the ranking), for more random ones (like a matchup could consist of any 3 servers in a sliding window of 5-6 servers). Smaller servers with high player transfers could adapt much more efficiently.

Anet, if you read this, keep glicko 2 for what it’s good at: ranking, not pairing!

- Oh the matchups would be unbalanced!
- So what? Each week, Federer must play guys ranked 30-100. Each of those has a chance to put Federer down. Why not here?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

I loled

7PM Eastern time in EB, only 25 HoD? Granted I’ve logged from 8PM to 11PM Eastern, I can tell you there was a lot more HoD than that. I can’t remember the exact time but HoD definetely tried a golem rush to SM with a lot more than 25 people while I was there. Commander guild name was “thinkerer” or something like it.[/quote]

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
That was just one night but I have been logging in a lot and the numbers don’t seem to add up for T7 v T8.

If anyone doubts me just go to each of our forums for the week and look at the screen shots of most of the battles from both tiers. And T7 PLEASE post pics of the huge battle you guys have cause all I see are pretty small fight on there.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Oh yeah logged in about an hour ago and the army of FC in Eternal was at least twice the size of the people in all of HoD, and they were taking stuff in other maps too. There is someone out there that can tell T7 of SF numbers, to bad he didn’t stay to see the huge increase to ET and FC.

Below are the screen shots of all the main HoD forces at that time and then the GoM zerg that nobody even came out to fight except for me and a few other people.

Attachments:

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Here are some pics of ET and FC numbers at about the same time.

Attachments:

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

The smallest server population is likely FC these days.
Here is what they look like:

Attachments:

in WvW

airstu.2579

Well, as all these thousands of threads say, I will be quaking in my boots in 2016. For all those numbers (contained in carefully chosen screenshots plus the highly creditable view from one person who has no biases at all) math still > T8 – Which I believe is the topic of this thread. Until then please enjoy pressing 1 for 6 hours daily. Oh, there’s a reason T7 posts small group shots – 99.9% of the posts involve paxa.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Wait just got these right now of a battle outside SM right now on T7

Attachments:

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Darek.1836

Well, as all these thousands of threads say, I will be quaking in my boots in 2016. For all those numbers (contained in carefully chosen screenshots plus the highly creditable view from one person who has no biases at all) math still > T8 – Which I believe is the topic of this thread. Until then please enjoy pressing 1 for 6 hours daily. Oh, there’s a reason T7 posts small group shots – 99.9% of the posts involve paxa.

I fought NSP while in BP in t6 and I fought SF before and after that. It’s not even close. Seriously, not even in the general vicinity of being inside the ballpark close. SF will rip t7 a new one prime time and probably have everything overnight too because I know how small t7 night crews are, even compared to SF.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Well the topic is about observations about T8 and Math, the math i was assuming was about the broken system. But since I rarely read any post but my own just didn’t bother…based of the topic name just wanted to post MY observations about the subject. T8 is stuck here because of the system and the numbers of the T8 servers vs T7 servers just shows that.

Don’t worry I’m sure you will have plenty of time to ponder this NSP gets dragged down here – it’s only a matter of time before all T8 moves up now. The only saving grace would be if HoD can move up and escape the impending doom.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

airstu.2579

Excellent, you should have no issues when the zergs arrive. Thought the math and date setting is a bit harder with with SF ticking at -22 points for the week. Better hope GoM doesn’t get bored of the SAB anytime soon, because it looks like the rankings are locking in T6 and T7 as well.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life

(edited by airstu.2579)

in WvW

Sevenred.3890

NA primetime starts at 2PM Eastern?
Post a screenshot of tier 8 at the same time of the day just for fun.

Look, I understand the point you are trying to make. I do not have any screenshots to prove mine right now. In fact I’ve never taken any screenshots of my battles but I may start.

The best way we would have to verify that though would be that SF gets out of tier 8. Don’t lose too much rankings and you may just do that soon.

Sevenred, Sylvari Thief
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

D W.5179

Well, as all these thousands of threads say, I will be quaking in my boots in 2016.

Okay, I lol’d, and then cried a little.

in WvW

Darek.1836

This group was 55 people.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Darek.1836

Look, I understand the point you are trying to make. I do not have any screenshots to prove mine right now. In fact I’ve never taken any screenshots of my battles but I may start.

The best way we would have to verify that though would be that SF gets out of tier 8. Don’t lose too much rankings and you may just do that soon.

sorry for double post, but he did. He said that he literally went from HOD to SF within a couple hours and posted the differences. But like he said, PLEASE search out the biggest zerg or fight at the most prime time and get a screen shot to post here. Because I know it will be underwhelming and I bet you know it too.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Sevenred.3890

Calisto, we may have to practice our zerg busting techniques because from what I see, NSP now have the smallest zerg core of all servers

Sevenred, Sylvari Thief
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

The number at prime time are ten fold of those pics you just saw, don’t worry will be posting some tonight.

We should just make a thread with screenshots of T7 and T8 screenshot numbers and that would be the best way to prove how broken the system is.

GoM losing 0ver 40pts this week….they will be thrown to the lions den if they don’t step up. And must tell you I really do feel bad for the first team that has to face ET and FC when we move up. After almost 3 months they are going to be on the warpath to fight a server with similar numbers.

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

D W.5179

This group was 55 people.

And skilled we got a spanking right there.

in WvW

Sevenred.3890

I’m actually now eager to fight you. You present a case where tier 8 servers have a stronger presence than now tier 5 servers. Remember that NSP fought against BP and AR for several weeks and this matchup was considered the most balanced at the time.

I can understand that FC and ET recently had transfers, but how did SF fell to tier 8 if they never had any business there?

Sevenred, Sylvari Thief
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

D W.5179

I’m actually now eager to fight you. You present a case where tier 8 servers have a stronger presence than now tier 5 servers. Remember that NSP fought against BP and AR for several weeks and this matchup was considered the most balanced at the time.

I can understand that FC and ET recently had transfers, but how did SF fell to tier 8 if they never had any business there?

We did belong here when we first entered T8. We even lost our first couple match-ups here.

EDIT: I’m sure the follow up question would be “what changed”. I don’t have an answer that I can without a doubt prove, but somehow (transfers or people going to WvW from Pve, or something) we got a lot more people in WvW. We have some skilled groups and some not so skilled groups, like all servers. I’m not trying to say we are special, and I have no clue how many folks you field in T7, but I can say SF fields a lot.
There will always be the delusional few that state otherwise, but SF has large numbers and for a lot of our fight in T8 have won PvDoor style, because it’s that or log out.
I can’t wait to fight in T7 because we may stomp there, or we may get our butts handed to us and find out that we truly belong in T8. The point is, nobody can know for certain what will happen until we fight. We know that tier locking is a side effect of glicko in a tiered environment. This is mathematically provable. However, if T8 is a result of tier-locking is most definitely up in the air.

(edited by D W.5179)

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

We were holding our own. We fell into T8 after some very close fights in T7. Then (I believe this is how it went) lost the first week in T8, won a very close couple of weeks, then SF got some transfers before free transfers ended (first time). That is when we started stomping.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime