Obsidian Sanctum

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: zwolf.1695

zwolf.1695

Thoughts? Obsidian Sanctum overflow like EoTM… for fights and such – the points don’t matter so…

Xio the Watcher – DWD of Blackgate

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Why was it created in the first place? Just for a pve jumping puzzle AP thing?

Dtox

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Probably just to have a JP on the WvW maps. Probably the same reason why the borderlands have one.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Probably just to have a JP on the WvW maps. Probably the same reason why the borderlands have one.

Oh, in that case:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLR5u_Tw8lA

Dtox

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It was a primary way to get siege, before they made siege sellable. You would have full zergs holding the map against others during reset.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

It was one of the most fun fighting zones in all of WvW tbh

not just pure open field fights or the basic attackers outside and defenders on wall fights
It has so much more variety with different options of choke points or traps but also stealth for attackers
You could have so much fun trying to fight your way through and help new players on your server side to get through
At the same time it was fun trying to stop enemies from getting through once you reached the top

Atm Anet made it much much worse with their changes:

• Either it is just fully empty (no enemies who fight you) which basically defeats the purpose that Anet intended for this jp
  • or the few new players who now still enter actually have a much harder time since they are the only ones trying and any single veteran player trying to stop them can super easily do so since there is no big group of enemies that could help each other…

In the early days it was no problem if you had no clue … since you just had to team up with the many other people trying it and it became a fun challenge to beat it

I really agree that Anet should make Obsidian Sanctum like EotM
All Servers of 1 color combined vs all of the 2nd color vs all of the 3rd color
They should also make the Chest account bound again!
(it barely gives an valuable loot anyway and if you make it like EotM then people have to fight for the loot again)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Imo I have seen ppl in the jp (groups of 4-5 enemies) and just me from my server (or me and a mate) and they don’t touch us and we don’t touch them. Kind of a golden rule, if you are not in the JP area (aside from the arena spot), no one attacks or hinders the others.

One time a solo person did attack me (when I was with someone) and I just kept going (told my mate to stand down) but they kept harassing us so when we were doing the section where you are climbing up through a well, we turned and knocked them off and they fell to their death (hit a beam near the bottom).

Saw them again, we didn’t do anything but they attacked so we wasted him. Never saw him since.

That was a “one out of 100” event. Ppl are usually pretty helpful and will whisper you if you look like you are lost.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill