Obsidian Sanctum

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Well thanks for making the only WvW map, fastest way for duells, a map which offers you to gank even more due to the spread WPs. Its not much, but being able to watch duells at a WP at a safe spot while others do their duell was nice. Now even THIS is ruined. cmon.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wait im seriously confused:

Patchnotes:
“The spawn locations for the three teams have been moved farther apart. This was done to reduce kill trading and spawn camping.”

but they removed invulnerability at the spawn points AND made them accessible for enemies too
this actually makes spawn camping much more possible than it was before…
which was what they wanted to stop ??
….this change just makes no sense at all
enemies can now just stand on the enemy platforms (you can easily reach them with leap skills) and spam AoE if they want
…and anyone who is respawning will not be invulnerable at the Waypoint as far as i see?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Obsidian Sanctum offered too good competition for the disappointing guild halls arenas.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Obsidian Sanctum offered too good competition for the disappointing guild halls arenas.

Probably this. Or they just encourage poor skill and blobbing on WvW.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Don’t worry.
“For folks who want a little more space, we want to let you know that we already have an upgrade for a second, larger arena for bigger battles in the works.” – ArenaNet, October 2, 2015.

ETA: 2020?

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

yea, soon™. Yep now every class which can put traps or necros marks on the spawns. Congrats, the danger by getting ganked when leaving the safe zone got “LOWERED” by removing the safe zone and make the spawn point accessible for everyone. My brain cant handle this nonsense.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

The missing invulnerability at the spawn points is unintentional and will be fixed in the next patch.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

I’ve never really played in Obsidian Sanctum.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Sanctum

It’s referred to a Jumping Puzzle

I forgot about this…I’m documenting the WvW Game Mode & trying to figure out where this would go based on my notes.

But I have to agree…it sounds like the WP should be a Safe Zone protected against attack…just from my initial reading.

I’m not a fan of puzzles.

Obsidian Sanctum has been ADDED under Maps

New Game Mode – WvG – World Vs Globes

10-Part-3-of-3-abcde-Expanded-Major-Mechanics-n-Triggers-v5.1
c) Maps

Current
Obsidium Sanctum

Appreciated this post…and glad ANet is going to fix it.

(edited by Diku.2546)

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

That place is cold and dark with a dash of empty.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The missing invulnerability at the spawn points is unintentional and will be fixed in the next patch.

That’s great — how about also removing the ability of enemies to reach to the spawn location? I entered OS and was down to 10% health before I had a chance to react, since I was on my way to LA and hadn’t intended to fight at all.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

should also remove kills earned from kill trading.

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

That place is cold and dark with a dash of empty.

Like it wasn’t any empty with current world linking encouraging blob fights.

PPT intensifies.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

It is possible to get into two of the three spawns. I saw someone that was on my server really bored he wanted to see if it was possible. He was able to get the central and northern one. It seems worse then what it use to be.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: TheAndoman.9317

TheAndoman.9317

How about removing kills entirely, except in the arena. If you are downed anywhere else in OS, you become invulnerable.