Obsidian Sanctum megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

Right now in Tier 2 NA, GvG is so popular that the Obsidian Sanctum is queued more than one night a week. And while there are 4 large capacity maps for general WvW, we have multiple guilds of 20+ members from 3 different servers all trying to go into one map with an unknown capacity. And even when all guilds who wants to enter OS are able, there is still only one arena for guilds to fight at any given time.

Additionally, only guilds within the same tier are able to fight each other. This limits the variety of opponents that each group is able to face.

Discussion: Would it be possible for ArenaNet to introduce megaserver technology to OS?

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I hope not since that would only increase the ultimate dominator title farm.

in WvW

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I would love to OS to be with megaserver.More ganking and killing from my awesome thief.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Man this happen to GvGers…As u know Anet didn’t officially aproved GvGing in this form so I think they won’t even bother with doing something to change that. Actually u are pretty lucky that u aren’t in EU. Here guilds in T1 that are in match-up against sfr completly forget about OS till next reset. Why? Cos of UD farmers there that hold spots and guilds can’t get in. So they chose Mill, flat space near bay or ruins( flat area before bridge to south camp). Still if they do it they get flamed / verbal abused by ppt players who can’t get their ppl in / not enough to cap something and whole thing with ppt > fights starts again. Ohhh also cos they do it( gvging at borders due to OS queue) the whole borders are lost due to new map cap and not enough ppt players. But no1 can really blame them for enjoying the game and playing in legit way.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, please make it megaserver.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

They have said many times they won’t support GvG. They don’t do much for WvW. Get over it already…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They have said many times they won’t support GvG. They don’t do much for WvW. Get over it already…

GvG threads are the Mount threads of wvw subforum. And yea like Vavume said, more ultimate farminators will pop up.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Starbuster.1085

Starbuster.1085

Cant you use EotM as an extra overflow?

edit: oh i see, there might be tag issues

(edited by Starbuster.1085)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Someone clearly didnt think this through…

OS as a megaserver would probably kill GvG or at the very least make it so complicated people would just GvG in normal WvW instead, filling those maps.

How do you know that two guilds from different servers are going to end up in the same instance? You have no way of knowing. Just look at EoTM now. Can you say to a guild in WvW “hey meet us in EoTM and we do GvG!”. Uh… no. You’d have to do extremely fancy instance hopping including joining party with the enemy guild. So far OS has been the path of least resistance – pretty much zero chance for queues and everyone end up in the same instance. Its easy to make a server schedule so guilds know when not to go there. Please dont ruin that.

I can only agree to OS being made a megaserver if they remove the arena from it and keep it puzzle only. This would of course require a new special WvW map – a gigantic huge colosseum with really nothing else in it, where servers can go for GvGs.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Someone clearly didnt think this through…

OS as a megaserver would probably kill GvG or at the very least make it so complicated people would just GvG in normal WvW instead, filling those maps.

How do you know that two guilds from different servers are going to end up in the same instance? You have no way of knowing. Just look at EoTM now. Can you say to a guild in WvW “hey meet us in EoTM and we do GvG!”. Uh… no. You’d have to do extremely fancy instance hopping including joining party with the enemy guild.

Emmm…taxi? If all ppl from some guild join they will land in same instance as other, enemy guild. U can also taxi em with party so I don’t see any problem.

So far OS has been the path of least resistance – pretty much zero chance for queues and everyone end up in the same instance. Its easy to make a server schedule so guilds know when not to go there. Please dont ruin that.

Yes that is true, BUT actually queue pop up when 2 guilds go there cos of unknown cap at this map^^. Also u should include UD farmers, puzzle jumpers etc. so it is sometimes heavy queued. The point of OP is only 1 arena, what if 2 guilds go there and want to fight? Not a single schedule can help with 8 guilds at server aswell.

I can only agree to OS being made a megaserver if they remove the arena from it and keep it puzzle only. This would of course require a new special WvW map – a gigantic huge colosseum with really nothing else in it, where servers can go for GvGs.

That is what whole GvG community want and scream at forums for almost 3 years, yet Anet won’t support current GvG so no chances for that( it is very lucky that we at last got 1 arena at OS tho…).

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

what if two guilds can’t even get into the same instances??????

[SA]

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

what if two guilds can’t even get into the same instances??????

Well u have plenty of ways to deal with it. Like at EoTM u can all join at once and get throwed into overflow with opposite guild – according to RNG some should land in 1. instance, some in 8. etc., then taxi ppl in. U can also just taxi enemy leader to ur instance and then taxi ppl in.

[One][SiOn][dF]