Oceanic Guilds in the Middle Tiers

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Why do some oceanic players stay in the middle tiers on the US servers? There is no competition to speak of during those hours in this range. Even if a player likes PvDoor, I would think eventually it has to be pretty boring. The worst part of it is this overnight PvDoor activity frequently condemns the entire week to PvDoor for all the servers in a matchup.

I believe everyone pays the same so they should be able to play the way they want. That said, it seems encouraging strong Oceanic guilds to migrate to more competitive servers would be a good thing for most players.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Yes, everyone should immediately stop what they’re doing and transfer up tiers. We’ve been doing it for months and it’s worked so well that we only ought to step it up. Clearly that’s the only sane thing to do.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Yes, everyone should immediately stop what they’re doing and transfer up tiers. We’ve been doing it for months and it’s worked so well that we only ought to step it up. Clearly that’s the only sane thing to do.

Oh sarcasm… I get it. Too bad there isn’t an entirely different set of servers that have more Oceanic players on them… shame ANet didn’t put those in place.

There should be other places to go than just up. Changes might need to be put in to encourage the moves but again why shouldn’t they?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Many of the oceanic guilds are there because of pre-launch decisions about where Aussies and such should go. SoS was the main Oceanic server I believe and IoJ was an overflow. SEA guilds migrated to DB after awhile. People developed a community and want to stay on that server.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Many of the oceanic guilds are there because of pre-launch decisions about where Aussies and such should go. SoS was the main Oceanic server I believe and IoJ was an overflow. SEA guilds migrated to DB after awhile. People developed a community and want to stay on that server.

I get the community concept but at some point don’t these guilds just get bored of having nobody to fight? Doesn’t their NA prime crews get tired of being thrown against two or three times the population? I am not saying they should be forced off their server but I wonder if their was some incentive for them to move if they would. If said incentive were in place and they did move, would it better for most players?

I have left both DB and CD months ago because my guild got tired of being a punching bag against significantly stronger NA prime servers. My experience is anecdotal but leaves me with the distinct impression the middle tiers would be better off without strong oceanic servers (and that is of course just my opinion).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I get the community concept but at some point don’t these guilds just get bored of having nobody to fight? Doesn’t their NA prime crews get tired of being thrown against two or three times the population? I am not saying they should be forced off their server but I wonder if their was some incentive for them to move if they would. If said incentive were in place and they did move, would it better for most players?

I have left both DB and CD months ago because my guild got tired of being a punching bag against significantly stronger NA prime servers. My experience is anecdotal but leaves me with the distinct impression the middle tiers would be better off without strong oceanic servers (and that is of course just my opinion).

Having originated on IoJ, I would say we were never tired of our Ocx because they were the ones often keeping us in the fights during the dark times after the first exodus. A stronger NA presence was actually what drove the server up the ladder, unlike many other servers.

From what I have seen from DB and CD, their NA crews enjoy the fights they get as it is always a challenge. They aren’t looking for easy wins. So to ask their main WvW crews to move seems a bit rude don’t you think? Some servers just have Ocx and SEA populations. Not every server has to be slotted of NA. If you want similar coverage across the board EU servers are your best bet if you can play during that time slot.

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Their incentive for Pvding is an uninterrupted karma train. Why leave when you are getting massive amounts of free materials for Ascended gear.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Why do some oceanic players stay in the middle tiers on the US servers? There is no competition to speak of during those hours in this range. Even if a player likes PvDoor, I would think eventually it has to be pretty boring. The worst part of it is this overnight PvDoor activity frequently condemns the entire week to PvDoor for all the servers in a matchup.

I believe everyone pays the same so they should be able to play the way they want. That said, it seems encouraging strong Oceanic guilds to migrate to more competitive servers would be a good thing for most players.

Speaking from the point of being oceanic on IOJ I really enjoy the small combat that is constantly happening around on any map, personally I find it more enjoying to be in a 5 man group fighting other 5-10 man groups instead of being in a 50 man blob smashing 1 as I trample over 15 people, while everyone says it’s nothing but “PvD”, it really isn’t as simple as that, it can be quite hard to take a reinforced tower off another 5 or so people who have arrowcarts and assortments of siege, it’s where the little things like a mesmer focus pull to pull people off the tower before entering to thin out the enemies inside can make the biggest difference instead of melting a door in 5 seconds then smashing 1 repeatedly in hopes of tagging something for some loot.

TLDR: Some of us enjoy small scale combat over 60 vs 15.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Their incentive for Pvding is an uninterrupted karma train. Why leave when you are getting massive amounts of free materials for Ascended gear.

That has to eventually get boring doesn’kitten For me it is cathartic after a really tough matchup but after a couple days much less weeks or months, I would have to move somewhere with more balanced fighting.

DB and CD can both field a 50+ man zerg in the NA morning. Iokittenore balanced in my experience. They have an oceanic presence but aren’t defined by them at least at this point and time.

I am not condemning people for stacking on mid-tier oceanic servers as that is their play choice. I do wonder if going down this road is causing less overall fun for everyone though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

I’m guessing someone is a little kittened off at DB’s SEA force. If people dont want to transfer off a server that they have been in for months, they shouldnt have to. DB’s SEA were here back when we were lower than we are now, and they were here when DB was in t2. Please forgive people who want to stick with a server that they have been with and built up.
If you want to use that logic, all of BP’s EU must now transfer to higher tiers

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Let’s just stop stressing ppt and play the timezone you are on and stop worrying.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

That has to eventually get boring doesn’kitten For me it is cathartic after a really tough matchup but after a couple days much less weeks or months, I would have to move somewhere with more balanced fighting.

DB and CD can both field a 50+ man zerg in the NA morning. Iokittenore balanced in my experience. They have an oceanic presence but aren’t defined by them at least at this point and time.

I am not condemning people for stacking on mid-tier oceanic servers as that is their play choice. I do wonder if going down this road is causing less overall fun for everyone though.

Those match ups happen though and being on IOJ fighting against CD and DB I can definitely say it wasn’t just their night crew that smashed us through out leagues, we were outnumbered at any point of the day due to the coverage all round… So did BP, would it be fair for us to ask the same of BP to transfer off the server cause you guys beat us?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: BirdSong.2541

BirdSong.2541

I find this thread incredibly racist towards my people.
Uh nuh you lost a match in WvW, whats the downfall? Nothing you say? Lol. k

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild
Northern Shiverpeaks Nightcrew

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

not everyone like to be in a stacked server you know , even if they are offered gold for transfer…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I’m guessing someone is a little kittened off at DB’s SEA force. If people dont want to transfer off a server that they have been in for months, they shouldnt have to.

Not mad or upset especially since we have been beating DB and CD most recent weeks. It just sucks IN GENERAL to be fighting inferior NA prime server populations. It sucks IN GENERAL to wake up in the morning and see enemy zergs running on the maps with very little decent fighting. Basically it isn’t particularly fun to be out numbered or the one out numbering which is what happens in these matchups for most of the day. There are some good fights but mostly it is giant zerg from one server rolling over small groups in another all week.

I have also said MULTIPLE times that I don’t think anyone should be forced to move anywhere. What I did say is it would be interesting to see some incentives in place to distribute those populations or give them an incentive to move into a more competitive environment.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Come to FA We need night time server coverage vs. the SoS and TC karma train pvd-ers

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

if YOU (NA) transferred to them (Oc/SEA/EU/w/e), that would also help balance things, no?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

if YOU (NA) transferred to them (Oc/SEA/EU/w/e), that would also help balance things, no?

All the <T1 servers that have decent overnight presences are lacking in NA. SoS; DB, CD, and IoJ are all under-performing their night coverage due to having a lower than average NA compared to their contemporaries.

Think how it is on the other foot for SEA and Oceanic? You think they like busting all night to do upgrades, only see them vanish early NA because no one is on?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

All the <T1 servers that have decent overnight presences are lacking in NA. SoS; DB, CD, and IoJ are all under-performing their night coverage due to having a lower than average NA compared to their contemporaries.

Think how it is on the other foot for SEA and Oceanic? You think they like busting all night to do upgrades, only see them vanish early NA because no one is on?

Same thing applies to the servers that have strong NA but are lacking in ocx/sea…..