Oceanic WvW Server

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

I finally downloaded GW2 this week and and looking for a decent Oceanic WvW server as intend on WvWing 70-80% of the time through levelling and endgame.

I’ve tried searching on these forums for an answer but can’t find one. Which is a good server with consistent Oceanic coverage? I’ve just started on Tarnished Coast, but there coverage I’ve found is pretty minimal, so I’m looking for a different berth.

I’ve heard that Sea of Sorrows and Blackgate are good interms of Oceanic coverage. Is that right?

Thanks

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: Dale Rojo.7485

Dale Rojo.7485

Yes, Blackgate always has good Oceanic coverage. We recently broke SoR and are taking again the top spot because of our coverage and great commanders. Also, Blackgate has a huge population so there is also great coverage all times for PvE events as well if WvW makes you burn out.

Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Redwings, and Blackgate :D
God Bless America’s Team, BG
Season 1 WvW World Champions, BeastGate

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

TC can actually field a lot of people during Oceanic (I don’t mean t1 a lot but enough to hold our BL and EBG).

All t1 servers and SoS have good Oceanic coverage. Do be cautious of queues though.

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Watch as this thread turns into yet another server recruitment thread.
I’ll give you an impartial breakdown.

There is no Oceanic Server. There are multiple servers with oceanic populations so not one can claim superiority at this state. Since you intend to focus the majority of your time in WvW, I’m going to assume you want to run in an organized group and not just run in pug zergs. The servers which have organized oceanic wvw guilds are:
Blackgate – NOC, KING, MERC (II)
Sanctum of Rall – HIRE, OCX, XPK
Jade Quarry – MERC (I), TKG
Fort Aspenwood – NV, uA, Meow
Sea of Sorrows – TS, bear, CB

I’m sure I’ve missed some but the above should cover most of it. Obviously the T1 servers (BG/SoR/JQ) will have much more people on since they have a higher population overall but FA/SoS will also be able to provide enough allies to play with.

In terms of which servers can reliably get a big zerg of mainly militia during Oceanic prime time, then I would add Tarnished Coast and Stormbluff Isle to the list. These two servers don’t have any actual oceanic guilds to my knowledge but they do have oceanic players who utilize their server voip to coordinate their zerg.

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Watch as this thread turns into yet another server recruitment thread.
I’ll give you an impartial breakdown.

There is no Oceanic Server. There are multiple servers with oceanic populations so not one can claim superiority at this state. Since you intend to focus the majority of your time in WvW, I’m going to assume you want to run in an organized group and not just run in pug zergs. The servers which have organized oceanic wvw guilds are:
Blackgate – NOC, KING, MERC (II)
Sanctum of Rall – HIRE, OCX, XPK
Jade Quarry – MERC (I), TKG
Fort Aspenwood – NV, uA, Meow
Sea of Sorrows – TS, bear, CB

I’m sure I’ve missed some but the above should cover most of it. Obviously the T1 servers (BG/SoR/JQ) will have much more people on since they have a higher population overall but FA/SoS will also be able to provide enough allies to play with.

In terms of which servers can reliably get a big zerg of mainly militia during Oceanic prime time, then I would add Tarnished Coast and Stormbluff Isle to the list. These two servers don’t have any actual oceanic guilds to my knowledge but they do have oceanic players who utilize their server voip to coordinate their zerg.

Excellent post this.

Sea of Sorrows

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I’d just add that you should consider queue times (particularly over weekends), which can be long and therefore frustrating on BG, JQ, SoR.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The best Oceanic coverage at the moment would be either Blackgate or Jade Quarry. Jade Quarry also has a strong SEA coverage which overlaps with late Oceanic coverage, so you’ll have a lot of people to play WvW with there.

SoR should have a lot of people in this time zone (HIRE, RISE, OCX) but I haven’t seen much of them in WvW the past week.

If I remember correctly, SBI should also have a decent Oceanic coverage. A lot of my RL friends play there.

I’d just add that you should consider queue times (particularly over weekends), which can be long and therefore frustrating on BG, JQ, SoR.

EBG queue was 5-20 minutes long (lol @ random queue times) at around 11pm AEST Saturday night. Not really an issue

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

Oceanic WvW Server

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

If you want a challenge and a stable community thats been there from the start on top of a challenge in wvw you go sor, if you want something more relaxed with good pay you can go Blackgate or to a lesser extent Jade quarry