Official Feedback Thread: WvW Stability

in WvW

Posted by: moriz.5473

moriz.5473

I think 0.75 seconds is too long.

the main purpose of the stab change was to prevent people from losing multiple stacks of stability when they hit layered area hard CCs, like the old hunter’s ward, multiple statics, unsteady ground, etc. however, those skills are changed alongside stability: hunter’s ward no longer interrupt anyone who tries to cross the rings, aoe CC’s now have target caps. as such, a shorter immunity duration, like 0.5 seconds, or 0.33 seconds, would work better.

a shorter immunity duration would also benefit skills like shocking aura and aura share, which was adversely affected by the stab change.

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Perhaps the Boon stripping or corrupting skills should only remove one stack of Stability per 0.75 sec, same way the control skills do.

That is without doubt a really, really terrible idea. The boon stripping/corrupting skills would be useless then, since u do have up like 8-10 different boons in your group.

Agree, that would be like saying condition removals should remove one stack of bleed instead of the whole thing. Everything needs it counters and so do boons (boon spamming is still out of control IMO).

in WvW

Posted by: Elrun.9068

Elrun.9068

Will it ever be possible to turn of the “new” area of effect rings?

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

1. How do you feel about this stability change?

I think it was a massive step in the right direction. Not perfect yet, could still use some tweaking, but a long way toward balancing this boon.

2. Is there something else you would like to see done to stability instead?

Not instead, just some tweaking. I think having stability skills provide a certain amount of guaranteed immunity to CC makes sense. Some people are complaining about boon duration and its effect on stability under this system, but boon duration doesn’t change the amount of guaranteed immunity, that is only determined by the # of stacks and the cooldown on stab removal. Stand Your Ground, for instance, gives 5 stacks, so it provides 5 × 0.75s = 3.75s of guaranteed CC immunity under the current implementation. IMO this is a tad high, I think 3s would be a better target. So you could get there by either reducing the stacks to 4, or changing the cooldown on stab removal to 0.60s. Either way, it’s these kinds of tweaks that I think are needed now; asking how much guaranteed CC immunity you want each skill to provide, and either tweaking the stacks accordingly (assuming you’re happy with 0.75s as the cooldown) or tweaking the cooldown (assuming you want stacks to be able to be removed more frequently). Personally I think 0.75s feels fine, which is most important; the duration of this cooldown has a sweet spot for fun, and 0.75s feels pretty fun to me.

I will say that I think given this stability change, the limits on walls/static fields to affecting 10 people are unnecessary and should be reverted, possibly with the exception of hunter’s ward because that skill just creates so many overlapping walls at once that it’s frankly problematic. Any aoe caps like this just severely limit the ability of small organized groups to overcome larger, less organized ones, and that just makes combat in WvW less skilled and more blobby.

As for boon stripping, honestly I don’t see an issue with this currently as long as the number of stacks of stability that skills give out are toned down a bit. It doesn’t make sense for stability to be prioritized last in boon stripping, that makes it way too powerful. I know it’s annoying to get stability randomly stripped, but you can reduce the chance of that happening by covering it with other boons. Regardless, the solution to lots of boon spam is not lots of boon removal spam; the boon spam itself needs to be toned down, and that’s a separate broader issue not only related to stability.

TL;DR: Stability change is great. Tone down the stacks of stability you get from skills a little, and remove the limit on walls/static fields (except possibly for hunters ward) and I think that helps balance it even better.

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

In think stability is right where it needs to be now. Let it sit a few months before changing anything related to it to see where things are and how things work after everyone adapts to it.

in WvW

Posted by: silver.1476

silver.1476

This change needs time to settle before feedback like this can begin. In sense of change in wvw the change was implemented into a “drop as many ccs at the same time to strip all their stab” meta into this new situation. People who still attempt to play to the old style will find stability too strong atm, however, people who adapt their strategies to the new stab may find that it ends up being either too weak still or in a good place.

in WvW

Posted by: Freelanced.6084

Freelanced.6084

As a frontliner, I say thank you for allowing us to push again.

However, this patch brought us two different things, the stab icd being discussed in this thread, and a nerf to hard CCs. It is breaking the rule of ceteris paribus, or keeping all other things equal, where we are getting mixed results of the stab change with the cc change. For the next testing period, Anet should revert to the old hard CC caps, and keep the .75 sec icd stab, so we can have a better comparison on how this new stab is working.

As for the original question:
1. Love the change since I can leap into the enemy without being knocked around.
2. Increase the CC cap – see my above paragraph and 10 seams a bit low in general.

in WvW

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

The change has been positive.

What I would look into is the boon up-time people have which leads to a long stab uptime and other things like near 100% damage reduction + 100% resistance (durability runes).

In the end probably giving more sources of boon strip could likely give a nice counterplay to this. There are very little boon strip options and most of them are slow/unreliable (null field/well of corruption), single target (corrupt boon, spinal shivers) or put you into a very dangerous position to pull off (Nothing can save you, unholy feast). All of this works ok for PvP but for WvW boon strip just isnt good or reliable.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Stab changes are good. But target cap on Spectral Wall & Statics were over the top. As is right now, numbers mean everything. If you have a larger melee train vs another zerg, you have a very high probability of winning due to the way things are right now. It’ll not be skill or organization, everything comes down to numbers right now.

Pre-patch, a +/- 10 was nothing, you could still outplay the other group. Even +/-15 was doable. Now it’s just nearly impossible unless the other group consist of uplevels and new players.

Also look into the era of boon spam. This became a real big problem with HoT due to introduction of Revs and some elite specs. There’s not nearly enough boon strip & corrupt boons to deal with the boon spam (you devs see this in spvp as well, except in larger scale WvW it’s even worse). People are running around with perm protection and resistance, it’s getting a bit ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i cringed when i saw the .75 sec stab invuln frames. if we consider stand your ground, it is 5 stacks at 6 seconds. assuming 4 seconds at point of impact, thats 3 seconds of invuln. i fear that this added time will only serve to act as another hand holding mechanism that will further undermine skilled gameplay. i was against the idea of stab getting any invuln frame boost, but now that its here and likely to stay, i would vote to move the invuln frames anywhere from .4 to .2

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Laggin Dragon.3062

Laggin Dragon.3062

tl;dr: Leave it as is for now and adjust it if need be a month or so once people has gotten used to it a little.

So far I think it’s in a good place. I do believe you should leave it as is for awhile longer before making any major tweaks so people can get used to this change. Right now it’s fresh and so people aren’t used to it and the playstyle needs to be adjusted.

I main an Ele, and I play in an organized group/guild setting where we don’t have the luxury of running 50+ people on the blob unless we pop a tag (we normally run around 20). I’m not the biggest fan of being the blob, I like fighting groups somewhat larger than us and seeing what we can do (ideally I want to fight another 20 man guild group in open field, but that’s rare these days). With the new Stab changes Frontline can move again. The pirate ship meta was really boring, I’m sure some people running around in the blob loved it because they could sit back at 1200 range and pew pew plink but for me I loved the old Stab (before it went to number stacks), both Frontline and Backline had a major role and everyone felt useful. This new change might not be the old Stab but it feels really really nice. Don’t go back to the pirate ship meta, don’t go back to groups just looking at each other because the Frontline is scared to push. Keep it as is for now and let people adjust before going around and messing with the removal duration. You just got people back into GW2 and back into WvW, don’t kill it again by killing Stab.
I also want to note I play Frontline as well, I have over 8,000 hours on my Ele, and over 2,000 hours between my Warrior and Guardian. And I’ve been around WvW since GW2 came out. I’ve been here for all of the changes to this or that.

Like I said, for now I’d keep it as is. But if I had to “change” something I’d likely change the 10 man cap on CC fields. I don’t know how it’d affect fighting groups as it is now (like I said I’m happy with WvW now as far as fights), because on one hand going back to no cap might string out players and they have to get back to the tag. On the other hand, it might break up the enemy ball to the point where they might cloud more (like I said, I play in a smaller group, so I really dislike clouding) and so our own bomb won’t be as effective.

Alcott – Level 120 Ele
Leader of Core of Scarlet/Sapphire Alliance [CoSA]

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

As long as Im not flying around like a balloon in fights(this is so boring) im happy.
Im not so good with how stab was before HoT but I liked it the way it were back then, is this in the right direction of that I like it.

Like 1, if you put stability you should have stability, simple as that.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

Stability is no longer one step above blind! The mele pain train is back baby!

While I wish my reaper stability wasn’t nerfed, I’m very happy with the improvement to stability. It is strong again, but doesn’t feel so overpowered that I can ignore CCs.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As an ele and guardian the stability change is great.

In terms of other feedback the new 10 man restriction on static is ridiculous in terms of enabling smaller groups to fight larger groups.

Plus I would also say venoms need another nerf as they are being used more often now to full strip stability.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Nexx.8590

Nexx.8590

How do you feel about this stability change?
Step in the right direction but I think capping AOE CC and increasing ICD for stab removal made Stability stronger than originally intended. Combining the change with heavy boon duration builds made it near impossible for smaller groups to fight off larger groups or groups with a big melee.

Is there something else you would like to see done to stability instead?

• Revert AOE CC cap back to unlimited targets
  • Decrease stab removal ICD from .75s to .33s~.25s

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Much better, more balanced. Now cc’s can properly counter stability, and stability can properly counter cc’s without being instantly stripped. The previous change, and the way stability was used originally were two extremes which encouraged very unbalanced gameplay. I especially like that this time you actually focused on toning down some cc skills as well. What bothered me about the previous change to stability, is that there was no change made to how cc’s worked or to the amount of ccs in the game, this basically encouraged people to just spam cc’s as much as possible.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

The AoE cap thing seems a bit over the top in a nerf.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

The stab changes have been good. Being able to have melee matter in a fight again is huge.

I’d love to see it given time to settle in, though, before more changes are made.

in WvW

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

As others have pointed out:

The ICD to stability removal is good, keep it. But I don’t really think that capping the limit of CC walls to 10 at the same time is a good idea. That limit should be raised to 25 or more.

Boon stripping at this time is too random, so it does not really work as a reliable source for countering stability. If youre lucky, all stab is removed and everyone gets stuck in the CC walls. If you’re not, then nobody will get stopped ever. But that does not have anything to do with one group being better or worse, just with being more lucky / unlucky.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in WvW

Posted by: Towelie.9504

Towelie.9504

So far so good, but I think even more stab would be helpful. HoT and soforth have added a great deal of CC to the game with no real counter to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I hadn’t touched my guardian in ages for Wvw after stability was nerfed.

This week is the first week that Stand Your Ground and Indomitable courage feel very strong since before it (stability) was nerfed.

I don’t see why Line of Warding and Unsteady ground were changed along with stability though. Static Field I can sort of understand due to the larger area.

Hunter’s Ward change was good though, that was broken in WvW before.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Coronus.4693

Coronus.4693

1. Stability as it works feels very good right now.
2. Nothing to change at stability itself, but maybe have a thought about giving access to more group stability for melee classes (so not every melee group stands or falls with their number of guardians).

Shifty Magmatron
Elementalist on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

1. I think a revert to duration stacking and a rebalance of anti-boon mechanics would be better.

The specific reason why I think stability should use duration stacking has to do with its interaction with stun lines like static field or line of warding. Under vanilla rules any number of people could spam all the lines they want but they’d be wasting their time if you had stability, but only one line was needed to stun an entire zerg if they didn’t have stability. This created a mechanic that operated independently of numbers; whether you were going 15v50 or 50v15 your ability to stun/resist stuns was the same.

With HoT stability that changed to make numbers matter to an even greater extent than usual. The current version is decent since you can rely on stability to block stuns but there are some problems.

a. AoE capped stun lines tip the balance in favour of melee being nigh immune to stuns.

b. Only multiple stack stability skills can be counted on, forcing a reliance on guardians for melee.

2. What I would like to see with stability is that both it and stun lines be reverted to their vanilla functionality and a rebalance to emphasise boon strips as being a way to limit enemy stability access. Some ideas for accomplishing this are:

a. Reinstate a priority system for boon corruption that has defensive boons rated highest. Stability itself shouldn’t be at the top, since that would make it too unreliable again, but it should be plausible that a coordinated necro bomb would be able to break stability.

b. Revenant’s dismantle defences trait would not function in its current form and could be changed to allow jade winds and chaotic release to remove stability before hitting on a relatively long cd.

c. There is a new effect in HoT that adds to the duration of all current boons for allies; what about something that cuts time off the duration of current boons on enemies?

Good balancing of anti boon mechanics would go a long way towards reducing the potential strength of duration stacking stability with the crazy high boon durations we can now get, but there’s also another benefit to making long duration stability not necessarily the best option. Some classes have access to some short duration, short cd AoE stability that’s currently useless due to only applying one stack. If short pulses of stability can be useful then these could see viability in melee trains and reduce dependence on guardians.

in WvW

Posted by: Rupture.7683

Rupture.7683

Stability is perfect at the moment.

I have played frontline as my main since launch and the way stab is working right now perfect. In order to qualify this statement I would like say that accurate and efficient stab rotation is not as easy as it sounds. There will be some who will say it is easy and it does get significantly easier if you have practiced learning how to do it, but the change to stab has brought back the need for uptime and situational stab management. The changes have also required range to pay more attention to the uptime on stab and actually use skill to get good hard cc’s. This is the way it should be in my opinion. Hard cc should not be able to be spammed with good results. Skill and awareness is exactly what it should take to land hard cc and that is where the changes to stab shine and are a positive regression to a state of the game that prioritized skill over spamming buttons hoping for good results.

in WvW

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

I personally feel in my tier the stability change, while good on paper, is just a tiny band aid on a bigger problem. In larger group settings the chain heavy CC’s, rat wells & corrupt boon chains have basically made your change absolutely worthless. The meta has been chain CC for some time now. Guild groups have changed and evolved to run chain CC, rat wells & corrupt boon teams to make stability not even worth the traits and utilities to take them. The only real defense is invulnerability which is in short supply among all classes. Tonight alone my scrapper with 5 invulns couldn’t stop this evolved meta. Combine the fact that the server merger has created map blobs across all servers and it’s just a big mess.

I feel it was a noble attempt. But I feel a more aggressive look at chain CC skills needs to be researched. That are too overpowered.

in WvW

Posted by: Lapiy.7160

Lapiy.7160

My guild and I are really loving the stab changes, boon striping is still a good counter if the necro’s know how to play and at its current .75 before removal you can win outnumber fights vs huge groups. I am worried that if stab is nerfed to something lower like .33 before removal like some people are saying smaller zerg busting guilds will still have the same problem of there stab running out to soon and the huge groups chain stunning them to death because of how many CC’s are in the game right now.

Servers: Crystal Desert, Underworld, Eredon Terrace
Guilds: [TDS] The Desert Squad-Retired, [bM] Badmash, [BoRP] Bunch Of Random Players
Always looking for fights gvg’s etc just hit me up!

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfSpectre.6412

LoneWolfSpectre.6412

Wall caps are a bit overpowering stability. battles have become smashing one group into another as theres no cc dance and typical push, pull back, push, outsmart, win.

its now just, stac, empower, stab, water, hammer, water, hammer, water, hammer, water.

BG – [XVX] Moses the Bear

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Stability change is positive. Feels much better to play melee, while it’s still quite possible to counter it with properly arranged CC. Fight between CC and melee feels more even now in bigger groups.

I have to admit I really hated pirate ship meta. I like this better both with my guardian but with my ranged characters as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

I like the changes to stability. I think the nerf to cc’s should be boosted up to 15 instead of 10 and go from there.

in WvW

Posted by: Haza.9325

Haza.9325

The current stability changes are good and should be kept that way. With the old 0.05 interval it was almost impossible to run with a smaller group in WvW even worse if they weren’t organized with proper stability rotations going on in the melee parties.

I would personally like to see some improvments to skills that gives ground targeted stability. At the moment skills like the guardians hallowed ground or the revenants insipiring reinforcement are entirely useless in a WvW perspective and I’ve never even seen hallowed ground being used since release. Giving it a higher duration or more stacks per pulse would make it more useful since you will almost instantly move out of it. This could bring some new variation to WvW and make you able to change skills depending on how your enemies play and make it more interesting overall.

(edited by Haza.9325)

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

As a support ele I have no idea what stability is!

I cant cast it on myself, and when I can it doesnt last long and recharge is way too long!
And as for getting the buff from others, well it seems I never get it either.

Who needs stability? I’ll just keep falling over for 5 seconds whilst my team dies and when I can finally move an cast my water field, everybody’s dead dave.

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

A big thank you to everyone who posted on the Official Feedback Thread: WvW Reward Tracks. We will still be looking at that thread for any feedback on reward tracks, but now that everyone has had the weekend to play, and hopefully had some epic fights, the team wanted to ask everyone their thoughts on the stability changes.

We changed stability so that it can only be removed every 0.75 seconds and added an effect that plays when it is removed.

There are fewer questions on stability than reward tracks but we encourage everyone to discuss with each other their thoughts on stability in this thread.

1. I really like the way stability works currently, as mentioned by other players here, 0.75 seconds seems actually really on the mark and working as it should. I can still get knocked around plenty but its enough to avoid a constant complete lockdown so that I can actually use my escape skills.

2. There are a few things I would like to see done in the stability department:

There are some stability generating skills which are not being used because they either have too long CDs or do not provide enough stability or have too long cast times for them to be of any use or are not coupled with stunbreakers. Skills such as Hallowed Ground, Well of Power, Strength of the Pack, are just too underwhelming and need a boost in the stability providing department for reasons I stated. I also understand there are other such skills in the game, I just brought up these 3 as examples.

Although not as bad as it was in the old days, the difference between the stability generating classes and others is already too noticable and will lead to class discrimination again. With the recent changes I already mostly shelved my druid in favor of guard, war, ele (or DH, Berserker, tempest) exactly and precisely due to lack of stab. Though not completely as useless as they used to be, many classes just lack the staying power without stability and are able to play exclusively using “pirate ship meta” instead of playing evenly across if they choose to build for it. So I would like to see them gain access to better stab skills, a bit more stab via traits, and at least 1 stunbreaker with stab on each via active skills that does not have any cast time (thus can not be inturrapted). They really need it if they are to remain on same level playing field.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: tappajabob.5983

tappajabob.5983

Hi!

I would like to see other profession’s AoE stability skills made better. At the moment there are only 2 good AoE stability applying skills in the game, they both belong to the guardian. For example engineer’s Toss Elixir B and mesmer’s Mantra of Concentration would be more convenient skills to use if their effect radius was bigger. Or maybe it would be possible to introduce new ways to get stability for example make mesmer’s F3 shatter give stability when it is traited with Bountiful Disillusionment.

I made a more detailed post about the matter yesterday: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Guardian-monopoly-on-AoE-stability/first#post6136239

wiki links to skills and traits I mentioned in the post:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Stand_Your_Ground!%22
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Indomitable_Courage
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_B
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Concentration
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diversion
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bountiful_Disillusionment

(edited by tappajabob.5983)

in WvW

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Overall its great. Fights seem much better now.

I would like to see different ways to give stability to allies. Only guardian can do it at the moment and I wouldn’t mind seeing other professions doing it as well.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The pulsing stability makes necro conversion even more pointless, at one point they can convert it to fear and the next moment the pulsing will overwhelm the fear.

I still prefer the old long duration stability instead of the stack stability. Also, changing the number of people the cc skills (like guard lines, ele static, necro lines, ele lines etc) can affect makes blob busting harder.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

much better..now there are real clashes and fights..instead of starring parties where ranged just aoe the middle between the 2 zerks

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

I like it, previously I was taking stability build/utility and it made no difference as a frontliner I still got dragged across the enemy zerg and flatenned. Now it’s part of my set up and I choose when to pop etc /it’s not widespread across the zerg. I’m not sure thats a bad thing , like cleanse you need to take care of it yourself. If its not available for support builds though that’s an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

you need to revert it back to the way it was before the initial nerf. It was too strong before HoT, but with the insane amount of CC’s that came with HoT you definitely have to revert it.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

@McKenna Berdrow,

Instead of having only Boon-strip, why not have Boon Denial effects to really mix up the game’s metas.

New Skills I hope can be added:
Short Duration/Small Area of Effects but here they are:

Thief/Daredevil -Shadow Shroud: Target foe cannot have boons applied to them.
3-5 seconds.

Necromancer/Reaper – Well of the Profane: Foes in this well lose “X” Boons and cannot receive of further Boons.

I will leave this here

If we could recycle these it could mix up the metas entirely and coordinate spikes and coordination, make classes less played even more dangerous and give some new playstyles. Just convert the skill durations over to GW2, Change Wording on Enchantments to Boons

We need less counter vs counter vs counter vs my 2 seconds of this vs your 2 seconds of that vs the other players 2 seconds of whatever…

More complexity layers are completely unnecessary, we need profession balancing separations between pvp and pve, and hard changes to certain combat rules and mechanics in pvp.

CC is way way way over done in this game and that’s what needs to change first.

Yes. Yes. Yes. +1

Start by reducing the absurd amount of CC available to everyone, then stability can be nerfed a little bit and in that way it won’t be as binary as it is now based on a big elaborate game of rock paper scissors.

in WvW

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

I think the time should be increased even more. CC wars just isn’t my thing at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Daunte.3095

Daunte.3095

I am fairly happy with where stability is right now. I have a lot of stability put into my build and I still get knocked around a bit, which is probably where it should be.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

when i use all stability skills of warrior (bad build) i still get like only 1/3 stab uptime and i can only give stab to myself.. :S so every raid is guardians, guardians, guardians – just because of teh stab. oh a warrior – uhm – move him out of my sight to group 5, thanks. that said stab is now better then before, but not as good as it used to be – dont see why you would have to wreck a melee train with hard CC.. better reduce the amount of soft CC they can ignore (98% duration reduce on cripple anyone?) and slow them down, then they are easy to avoid.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

when i use all stability skills of warrior (bad build) i still get like only 1/3 stab uptime and i can only give stab to myself.. :S so every raid is guardians, guardians, guardians – just because of teh stab. oh a warrior – uhm – move him out of my sight to group 5, thanks. that said stab is now better then before, but not as good as it used to be – dont see why you would have to wreck a melee train with hard CC.. better reduce the amount of soft CC they can ignore (98% duration reduce on cripple anyone?) and slow them down, then they are easy to avoid.

Truth. I miss my Warrior. Only Gandalfing with staff and gsw these days.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I’m overall displeased about stability. There’s a trend those days of massive stun/daze builds who essentially lock you down for 75s with an array of CC, and kill you in the process without you being able to do anything because you can’t counter that many CC. And that comes from thieves/daredevils, scrappers, mesmers/chronomancers and warriors/berserkers…

I’m not at all against interrupts. My main GW1 character was an interrupt mesmer, and I’ve had very interesting fights. But I totally despise the idea of a “fight” consisting in tying the other player’s hands behind his chair with a ridiculous amount of stuns, out of the blue and even before anything starts, so that he can be stomped easily.

So my suggestions are :

• Remove the most of the CC system
  • Keep the push/pull/drown/raise, but without any skill lockdown (the overall unexpected move can be confusing enough)
  • Put a “standard on the fly” interrupt
  • Put a “your next action fails” interrupt
  • No stacking in those. If you use a CC lasting longer than the current one, it replaces it ; if you use a shorter one, it’s no use.
  • Optionnal : add a latency between 2CC that’d last more than 1 second.

I heard people like fights, and I like them too. Yet, I don’t like the trend that’s raising consisting in using 32s stun+spike, then running your kitten off if it wasn’t insta death to repeat it later.

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

From the point of view of a solo/duo roamer and pvp players, the stab changes are rather good. For example, when running away from a zerg, two stacks of stab now mean I’m actually immune to CC for at least one second, which is often enough to get out of line of sight. Also, I like to melee train sometimes, and things have definitely improve a lot on that front.

However I feel like 0.75s is a bit too long. 0.5s would be more reasonable. In spvp, it is impossible to interrupt a druid in Strength of the Pack even with three players if you don’t have access to boon removal! For 10s!

in WvW

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

The stability change was spot on.. it gave the sweet spot between being effective and able to be removed.
Not sure if this really involves stability but it is something that should be addressed with addition to [Player Walls and Hit Caps at maximum 10] several skills if not most of them have been made relatively less useful…. if not completely put out of play (a prime example is Necromancer’s Spectral wall which barely does anything anymore) . The 10 maximum would of been good if no Stability changes have been made.. but with the addition of the Stability removal cooldown you ultimately made it even greater duration (as a Stability stack wont be used up during that .75 cooldown the 10 limit still applies and they will simply go away). Of course im speaking WvW and larger combat where this change is most noticeable. Just thought id address this. I know a lot ive spoken to agree it is an overkill on the multi crowd control skills when the Stability stripping cooldown addressed it already.

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

We changed stability so that it can only be removed every 0.75 seconds and added an effect that plays when it is removed.

There are fewer questions on stability than reward tracks but we encourage everyone to discuss with each other their thoughts on stability in this thread.

1. I feel the actual change to the boon stability was much needed so that it does what it’s supposed to do, allow you some safety from hard control. However with the reduction of target cap of things like static field, ring of warding etc I feel it has tilted the situation completely the other way where groups of stability generators can be nearly unstoppable and completely ignore hard CC.

I would like to either see stability be able to be ripped quicker (no ICD or 0.25s) if keeping the 10 target cap for hard CC like rings of warding or the removal of the 10 target cap from those abilities so they don’t disappear when 10 people with 25 stability run over providing immunity to people following with no stability.

2. I think stability is something you should get through consciously using a skill not something that automatically happens under a certain condition.

So traits like Unwavering Avoidance, Perfectly Weighted and Fragments of Faith part of Hunter’s Determination I feel are bad because when playing something that relies on interrupts these traits just automatically protect players and really don’t provide you with an engaging fight against them.

Traits like Indomitable Courage I really like as they enhance something to give you that boon, in this case you and allies. You have to press it to get the stability, the stunbreak and puts the it more in the players control. Fighting that sort of thing feels more rewarding as you’re not fighting a computer with perfect reactions, you fight a person who may or may not react in time.

The latter can also be applied to a lot of other aspects about the game like immunities and such but that’s not the focus.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Stability change is an improvement from what it was, but I really think it would be better if you reverted it back to the way it was originally, without stacks.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Stability as a Boon should get removed.
Every Player should receive a BREAK BAR and based on your TOUGHNESS should this Breakbar break in the end easier or harder.

If you have very high toughnes,s it should be naturally also alot harder for players to break your Breakbar to stun you this way.
By giving players also a Breakbar would become finalyl also the whole CC chaos in this game more balanced why giving players finalyl some BREATHE ROOM after being cced to getting stunned, that you can#t simly become stunlocked anymore, like it is possible ny by spamming people with CCs to death.

this is the first thing, that ANet finally needs to get rid of, because this CC spam is it, which ruins the whole fun of WvW and is one of the reasons, why why have at all this stupid pirate shippinmg, because both sides just are waiting for the moment, when they can spam the enemies full with CC to stunlock foes that can then get overrun by others, while they can’t defend themself.

This needs finalyl to get to an end, by protecting players alot more from gettign rever at all stun locked. Nobody in WvW should ever become completely stunlocked to death!!! If you can get stunlocked to death in a combat system, then in my opinion the personal resposible for the combat system in this game has failed, because that simply said is no good game design in a game mode like WvW, when you can get so easily stunlocked to death, because of there existing no systems at all on the combat system of this game, that protects players from gettign this easily stunlocked to death.

Now that we have Break bars, it should be the most logical thing to me prsonally to integrate the gameplay mechanic also into the whole combat system of GW2 and make it a significant part of it that plays for crowd conmtroling other players as much of a role, as like it does for us now in PvE.

We also can’t stunlock enemies in PvE to death and keep them permanently stunned..
the breakbar protects then from this, at the cost that they take significantly increased damage for the time when their breakbars got broken by the players.

WHY THE HELL CAN’T GET THIS SIMPLE BUT GOOD SYSTEM BE INTEGRATED INTO PVP AND WVW AS WELL???

I’m sure developing the Breakbar System wasn’t just only done, to make it work only for PvE, tghat would be wasted ressources, if such gameplay mechanics get developed to use them then only in one game mode of three in a game where its combat system is shared among the whole game in all modes!!!

So I beg/please yium, gewt finalyl rid of permastunlocking in PvP/WvW peopel to death through integratign Breakbars completely into the games combat systme, then will reach GW2’s combat system finally a state, where it will make for everyone significantly MUCH MORE FUN, and the defensive stats, like Toughness and Vitality for example as well could then finalyl become also alot more worthful to be taken into consideration of your builds, if they would directly affect also your efficiency of your Break Bar and could greatly influence how hard it is for your enemies to actually stun you.

Stunbreakers in that regard would become then also more valuable to be taken into consideration for your build, because Stunbreaker Skilsl could be then the Skils that woudl be able to instantly restore your Breakbar so that you give your enemies no time where they can pummel you when your defense is decreased, but you should be still able to FIGHT.

Getting stunned has to stop, that you get in that time all your skilsl disabled!!!
You should take only in that time increased damage.

To disable or manipulate your positioning and movement, for this EXIST REMOVEAVLE CONDITIONS that are Cripple, Chill, Taunt, Fear and Immobilize.

Stuff like Daze, Knockdown, Launch and (rename Stun in this case to “Fatique” so that the term Stun in this case doesn’t get used twice) should just directly affect your Breakbar and decrease it and lead to the point, that you get stunned when all those hard CC effects get strong enough focused on you togehter to break your bar and brign it down to 0 to give you then that time window, in which you should use your strongest attacks while your enemy is stunned to defeat your enemy quickly.

Thats how I would redesign the whole system, because de facto is Stability as boon just obsolete, would ANet just improve the combat system by integrating Breakbars into the game completely for all game modes!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

They’d have to rework conditions and remove several of the gear combinations as-is to justify a toughness-based break bar. Otherwise you’d have things like dire giving mesmers and necromancers, already very durable and high-condition-ticking builds able to facetank large amounts of CC and innately counter what are the methods to deal with them.