Official Orb Hacking Treaty

in WvW

Posted by: The Blind Man.3642

The Blind Man.3642

Every server has orb hackers. That’s all there is to it. We can no longer target servers for being orb hackers and call them out on it. Instead, let’s work together to remedy this. I say, if an orb is hacked, commanders on both sides should get in contact so that the orb can be given back to the rightful server. If ArenaNet is not willing to punish orb hackers then let’s come together as a community to fix this. No more “xx server is orb hackers!”. Start getting together with the commanders of the other servers when an orb gets hacked.

If everyone follows this code, and gives the orbs back to the rightful owners, the orb hackers should slow down some. It’s kind of ridiculous that because of a couple of little kids we have to come up with a treaty like this, but ArenaNet seems to not care. Let’s make WvW honest again!

Yak’s Bend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I agree we can’t label a server for the actions of a few. But at the moment when people hack your orb, you don’t care about that logic. Its kitten “kitten Server A!” and “Die Server B!” “Hacking $#$@ from Server C!”

In any case, I doubt you’ll ever get commanders to return orbs. They’re just too powerful of an advantage. I wish Anet would wake up and address all of the crap that is wrong with WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

That would require quite a bit of effort and coordination for something that can be undone so quickly and easily. Good intent and I agree with it, but it’s not gonna work. The only people that can remedy the situation work at Arenanet.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

Alright, I want to build on this. If an orb is hacked, and there is confirmation, we should let a group take back the orb.

However, to show amnesty, I think that the castle that had the orb should be abandoned afterwards to let the server retake it. It’s not the WHOLE server’s fault that there’s a hacker on their side.

This lets the map reset back to a more to the game conditions before the orb hack. A whole server shouldn’t be penalized for one or two idiots. And if they admit that someone was unfairly hacking, there shouldn’t be such a severe penalty as that.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in WvW

Posted by: Gaddafi Duck.6371

Gaddafi Duck.6371

Any members of a server who believe they don’t have orb hackers are fooling themselves. As long as people have a relatively good chance of getting away with this sort of thing, they will do it. I am from Yak’s Bend, and while I can say that none of our major guilds hack orbs, there are always some rotten individuals who will still participate in such activity. The Guild Wars developers need to fix this problem in the game so that I can’t happen. That is the only way it is going away.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

What sucks is lets say server A hacks an orb from server B.. it’s blatent, everyone saw it etc..

Server A will defend that orb just as hard as if they won it fair and square.. nice behaviour :/

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

Why would they slow down? they would just take it back again. They would find it fun that it would fustrate you.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Ignoring that the OP’s first sentence isn’t correct…

It’s hard to ensure that everyone would go along with something like this. Partially because, just like how you can’t police your own server and stop the exploiter, it’s also hard to ensure that everyone would go along with the idea of giving up an orb, no matter how gained.

Some people will, sure. And they major voices on a server can do their best to make sure that people go along with it but they can’t ensure that. And beyond that, some people won’t be as magnanimous anyway. Because that’s the priority that ANet has decided to put on orbs and their effect.

Bottom lines are this. Not everyone orb hacks. Not everyone on a server that has orb hacked condones it; most don’t. Yet, preventing the act itself is difficult and depending on the server, convincing people to make an exchange could prove to be equally so.

in WvW

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

Just fyi as well

If your wanting to contact an enemy player while in game right click their portrait and click the report link. It gives you there I.D name and from there it is as easy as typing it into whisper.
it’s not as quick and easy as /say but it is one way to do it

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I think this would be amazing sportsmanship, but I don’t see it happening. However, servers are in a better position to find out who their own hackers are than other servers sometimes, and it would be fantastic if people reported their own for orb exploits.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

in WvW

Posted by: Jormunrek.5372

Jormunrek.5372

This is a really nice concept, and looks great on paper, but don’t see it happening. Better to keep shining a light on it when it happens so Anet is aware of just how rampant the problem is. And by doing so possibly they will either fix the problem or disable orbs until they can construct a permanent solution.

Jorm