Oh look a beta 64 bit client....

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

…..but I am sure no WvW player will be interested in it. I mean what would a player who plays the most resource-demanding part of the game want with more accessible ram?! So let’s just throw it in this forum which most of them wont check.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64-bit-Client-Beta-FAQ/first

Well there you go guys, it’s in your account page under download client section.
Again this is beta, so expect bugs.

This may, again may, help a few people with client crashes, seeing as the client can use more ram, and some crashes are apparently down to limited ram.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I downloaded it yesterday.

I worked great in WvW last night. So far I have been lucky enough not to encounter any bugs.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Cool i did not see this one, tks for the post.
downloading

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Make sure to turn off post process.

One person that I was running with crashed with 64-bit, turned off post process and stopped crashing.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

I have been playing in EB where we had one of those large zerg attacking our keep again and again. There where also fights in open field and so far I can see there wasn’t any sign of stutter or lag.

Didn’t see any lag or other problems even with supersampling enabled and everything set to max. (changed Char. Model Limit and Char. Model Quality from High to Highest), so I guess 64 bit client can do a better job then 32 bit.

For some time I have had problems with stuttering when Collision Sensitivity (in Option>Camera) was around 10-20% of that bar. Changed it to be around 75% together with those setting above (everything set to max + SS) and I couldn’t notice any stutter when I was near building, trees or other thing that might make camera to zoom in or out.

Did also make a test with both clients to see how much stutter there would be when one would turn around camera in Lion’s Arch at that place where there are several Asura gates in a circle. Less stuttering with 64 bit (almost none) compared to 32 bit. Those gates with particle effects can sometimes be really demanding for my video card.

CPU: i5 4670K@stock
GPU: GTX 970@stock
GeForce driver: 358.87
Game and OS on SSD

Well done ANet! :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Thank you for posting, I’m going to try it out.

Do you have to take literally every opportunity, even when given something that might help an experience, to take a jab, though? It isn’t like they put this in the PvE forums and say “Check it PvEers, new client!”. It’s in the forum you would expect it.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: JammeR.1059

JammeR.1059

I downloaded it yesterday.

I worked great in WvW last night. So far I have been lucky enough not to encounter any bugs.

Its working great because it only has to load a map and not any player models since no ones there :P

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

It isn’t like they put this in the PvE forums and say “Check it PvEers, new client!”. It’s in the forum you would expect it.

Check the stickies on the General Discussions and HoT forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Been using the 64bit client since yesterday, no problems so far. Makes you wonder why they even released it as 32bit to begin with. 32bit only desktop CPUs stopped being produced like 10 years ago. Windows Vista should IMO have been the last 32bit operating system.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh wow, will download this and see if it fixes the perma-freezes any time more than 15 players are in the same area.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Many less crashes running in best appearance since I loaded it. It did crash in EBG Though. I will try turning off post process as infusion suggested as the best performance graphics are really really bad….

EDIT: just realized I was running 32 bit when crash occurred as my shortcuts were not updated……. Back to 0 crashes since update….. Now if anet would not show me everyone else’s loot bags……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Don’t forget to change your graphics options for the new client. (nvidia control panel, amd catalyst, etc.)

in WvW

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

Don’t forget to change your graphics options for the new client. (nvidia control panel, amd catalyst, etc.)

This.
I thought it was strangely blurry, but nvidia didn’t consider the gw2 64 client in the list.
Many thanks !

in WvW

Posted by: Hveps.4673

Hveps.4673

64 bit make the system capable of going above 4 gig of memory which was indeed needed since high setting was too close to go beyond.

A post processing problem issue is very much unlikely to appear just because he switch to launcher out so i would say that is a no go. Post processing is for a better quality image which consumes more memory for sure so it should actually be his 32 bit client that suffered instead.

So far it works flawless here and i am happy to see that we can use more of our computers now and hope people with a 64 bit launcher can get a nice looking texture pack with alot more detail in it.

so thanks alot for the launcher it was needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanity Points.8073

Sanity Points.8073

One thing I’ll give Anet props for. This 64 bit client has seemed to fix my disconnecting problem. Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Do you have to take literally every opportunity, even when given something that might help an experience, to take a jab, though? It isn’t like they put this in the PvE forums and say “Check it PvEers, new client!”. It’s in the forum you would expect it.

There are stickies about this in both of the PvE forums so the jab was well deserved in this case lol.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

There are stickies about this in both of the PvE forums so the jab was well deserved in this case lol.

It was on FB, twitter, dulfy, and the Anet blog all within minutes of one another as well.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

It was on FB, twitter, dulfy, and the Anet blog all within minutes of one another as well.

Well, while it might have been posted in all those places, I do kind of see the OP’s point. I for one don’t much check FB or Twitter or the Anet blog, but I do visit the forums fairly often. As with some previous announcements, it seems like one of the natural places you’d expect to find it (but don’t) is under “News and Announcements.” (I know, silly to think they might post about it there!) In fact, I’d even go so far as to say it should have made the front page of the site, considering how wide-spread the crashing issues seems to have been – or still is. Or how about even a notice when you log into your account? If you’ve already installed the game, you wouldn’t notice it’s available by looking there. How about a notice on the client login screen? But to be fair, maybe it’s because it’s beta and they didn’t want to encourage everyone and his brother to try it out just for the sake of trying it out, maybe they only wanted people who were having problems to stumble on it while looking for a solution – like I did when I discovered it through Reddit.

(edited by Ghanto.9784)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I do not use any of those sites. So your point is that the information was everywhere but in the official site’s sub forum of one of their “main” game modes? Got it! /facepalm

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

Apart from dulfy links would be nice cos I cant find any for the rest!

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

Sorry just a bump in case some people havent heard of the new client

Also still waiting for you links coglin.

(edited by Buy Some Apples.6390)